2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

wade/bosh/amare/johnson are more realistic.
Bosh? He'll stay put or go somewhere in a sign-and-trade.

NY is going to wind up empty handed and w/o picks. I'd bet $ on it...if I had $ to bet.

Bosh is no way, no how staying in Toronto. Unless Toronto puts another legit star next to him and throws an absurd amount of money, he's as good as gone.

I don't understand the Jordan Hill hate.

But Chase and Jordan
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

Kings ain't done....we still have Kenny Thomas expiring and are looking to trade him and Nocioni.........Boston for Ray Ray?

Now why the hell would the Celtics do that?  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Homers FTL.
A) The Celts actually want Nocioni.
B) Thomas would just be a filler, as he is an expiring contract.
C) Boston is unsure whether or not they want to keep Ray Allen around.

You sir are an idiot.
The Celtics are thinking about trading Ray Allen so they can get a young, athletic scorer.....but yeah....they want Andres Nocioni.  I understand Thomas is an expiring contract.  But the Celtics only make the Allen trade if they are still competitive this year, and can get younger.  Your idea does neither for them.  Its not like the Celts are DYING to make a trade to get Allen off the books.  He is still a key part of a team that is one of the better ones in the NBA.
Yet I'M the idiot.  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
happy.gif
The point i was trying to make is that the proposed deal was not a Homer call.

Do the Bulls still need to get right of Hinrich? I thought that was done since they're getting rid of Salmons and Thomas?

Those are HUGGGEEEE "ifs." Those players werent able to stay healthy 1 full year yet. We wont know who got the better end of the deal yet. Only time will tell. But i'm pretty sure the 2 picks will be late 1st round picks

Chances of Yao and Martin staying healthy > Knicks getting LeBron and Wade and that's saying something considering their history of injuries.

The Knicks have to have a better record than the Rockets for that deal to be a wash.

The Cavs still have $8M in expiring contracts for 2011 and Hickson to use as trade bait. The only way he leaves for the Knicks is if Wade is coming with him and the Knicks and Raptors can work out a sign-and-trade swap of Lee for Bosh.

but let's look at it this way: the knicks can sign 2 max FAs to long term contract.

if bron/wade/bosh/amare talk to each other and come to a consensus, 2 of them will go there and they will elevate that team to automatic top 2 status in the east (i'm sure that will entice them). and u know dolan will dish out the cash to sign role players around them.

He sucks and all, but trading the #8 pick halfway through his 1st year is a bit surreal.

I guess they're trying to cut their losses early.

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Do the Bulls still need to get right of Hinrich? I thought that was done since they're getting rid of Salmons and Thomas?
We need to move him to be able to offer 2 max contracts. The Salmons trade freed us up to offer 1 max contract.

Originally Posted by dreClark

He sucks and all, but trading the #8 pick halfway through his 1st year is a bit surreal.

Good thing they took him instead of Jennings. 
laugh.gif

Knicks are doing all this dealing for NO reason, there not gonna get either of there top targets. Cause Lebron is NOT leaving Cleveland......Wade is not leaving Miami unless its to chicago.....Amare is going to the Heat after this season if the Suns dont give him an extension. Best case scenario for NY is Bosh and Joe Johnson or Bosh and Rudy Gay!!!!

But i guess Bosh and either Johnson or Rudy is better than what they have now! Im not an NY hater just a realist.

Why do people think we won't be able to lure anybody to NY?

You do know we are the basketball and entertainment capital of the world? The person we can get will be the centerpiece to our team and we will build around him. We have money for 2 major players and role players who would want to play with those 2 players.

Plus, it's not guaranteed the Cavs will be world champs and Jamison is 33 with an expiring contract after next year. That increases the chance Lebron leaves. Now if Cleveland had gotten Amare I woulda said there is no way Lebron is leaving.

If Lebron doesn't want to go here, back the money truck up on Wade.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by dreClark

Good thing they took him instead of Jennings. 
laugh.gif
roll.gif

knicks will land someone big and if its lebron, that #6 knicks jersey will outsell kobes quick

roll.gif
@ heads rainin' on the Knicks parade. Yall scared your star player(s) will wear the orange and blue next season

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

CP-

Gallo
Chandler
Douglas
Curry

Those are who the Knicks will have still under contract once free agency hits.
BLEAK. 
grin.gif

Good lord that is dreadful.  I get they will have a ton of money, and can bring guys in and rebuild, but damn.  If this summer fails, the Knicks are going to be hurting for a long while.  Thomas really screwed those guys. 

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

Why do people think we won't be able to lure anybody to NY?

You do know we are the basketball and entertainment capital of the world? The person we can get will be the centerpiece to our team and we will build around him. We have money for 2 major players and role players who would want to play with those 2 players.

Plus, it's not guaranteed the Cavs will be world champs and Jamison is 33 with an expiring contract after next year. That increases the chance Lebron leaves. Now if Cleveland had gotten Amare I woulda said there is no way Lebron is leaving.

If Lebron doesn't want to go here, back the money truck up on Wade.

I would go to NY if I was Lebron.

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

Kings ain't done....we still have Kenny Thomas expiring and are looking to trade him and Nocioni.........Boston for Ray Ray?

Now why the hell would the Celtics do that?  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Homers FTL.
A) The Celts actually want Nocioni.
B) Thomas would just be a filler, as he is an expiring contract.
C) Boston is unsure whether or not they want to keep Ray Allen around.

You sir are an idiot.
The Celtics are thinking about trading Ray Allen so they can get a young, athletic scorer.....but yeah....they want Andres Nocioni.  I understand Thomas is an expiring contract.  But the Celtics only make the Allen trade if they are still competitive this year, and can get younger.  Your idea does neither for them.  Its not like the Celts are DYING to make a trade to get Allen off the books.  He is still a key part of a team that is one of the better ones in the NBA.
Yet I'M the idiot.  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
happy.gif
The point i was trying to make is that the proposed deal was not a Homer call.
Just so we are clear, you are saying that dude says a trade idea that....
A) his team would get the best player

B) his team would get a huge expiring contract

C) the other team would get 2 mediocre (at best) players

D) the 2 players that the other team would get are NOT the type of players they have gone on record to want

E) the other team is in the thick of the playoff race and the trade would severely hurt their chances of doing anything in it

.....and thats not a Homer call?  Ok.

Back
Top Bottom