2009 NFC North Trash Talk Thread...(Time to apologize for talkin crazy Bears fans/S4L3)

You should know of all people illmatic Brett usually takes a $$*@ right around week 8
laugh.gif

Edit:
Hell I thought with T-Jack the Vikes were scary... They downgraded @ QB to me.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Although I usually just lurk in this thread I feel compelled to say my piece. I said it before the season started Lions will have a better record than the Bears. I forgot what page it was, it is in this thread though. I still stand by that, I just don't see the Bears scoring with those receivers, and unlike Peterson in MN you put 8 in the box and you stop Forte. Not only that your main piece to your defense is gone. Packers deserved that game, but honestly I don't see them winning more than 9 games this year. The Bears will plummet and Lovie will be canned. I don't see how you Packer/Bear fans cannot see how superior the Vikings are in this division, the best back, the best D, and the best Oline. Although My Eagles will thrash them in the NFC championship game, the Vikings will win 12 games this year.
The vikings are good,the matchup is close, but theres no way in hell they are "superior"
Still, why cant anyone admit the Packers D is nice. Its close with the Vikings D.
And i like how you listed best RB and best O line. But you dont mention who has the best QB and the Best WR's.
Um those 2 positions are kindaaa important too. And the Vikings are clearly not superior at that those positions.

Thats why its a close match up.
O line Yes
RB yes
QB no
WR no
Defence pretty close.

Superior? No.

KEEP HATING ON THE PACKERS.

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Although I usually just lurk in this thread I feel compelled to say my piece. I said it before the season started Lions will have a better record than the Bears. I forgot what page it was, it is in this thread though. I still stand by that, I just don't see the Bears scoring with those receivers, and unlike Peterson in MN you put 8 in the box and you stop Forte. Not only that your main piece to your defense is gone. Packers deserved that game, but honestly I don't see them winning more than 9 games this year. The Bears will plummet and Lovie will be canned. I don't see how you Packer/Bear fans cannot see how superior the Vikings are in this division, the best back, the best D, and the best Oline. Although My Eagles will thrash them in the NFC championship game, the Vikings will win 12 games this year.
The vikings are good,the matchup is close, but theres no way in hell they are "superior"
Still, why cant anyone admit the Packers D is nice. Its close with the Vikings D.
And i like how you listed best RB and best O line. But you dont mention who has the best QB and the Best WR's.
Um those 2 positions are kindaaa important too. And the Vikings are clearly not superior at that those positions.

O line Yes
RB yes
QB no
WR no
Defence pretty close.

Superior? No.

In no way shape or form is the defense close to ours. You guys stuffed the bears big whoop. You have the best wide receiver between the two in Jennings but asa unit including our TE I give MN Wr's the edge. Your QB is better that is it (Which is a big deal obviously) We have better secondary/Linebackers prettymuch every position.

Edit: On second thought I REALLY like your LB's I say even or push. If anything GB the edge.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

honestly it was a good game of football we lost. But on the flipside Packers shouldnt be TOOO excited that they barely beat us at Lambeau when Cutler threw 4 INTs.
1. i was just posting that for a reaction.

but we won a game where we didnt play to our potential. and cutler threw picks for a reason, packers did what they had to do to win. The bears didnt

Originally Posted by illmatic34

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

Vikings crash and burn because of this man right here...

brett-farve-vikings.jpg

He didn't look so bad yesterday. But we've got 15 more games to go, and knowing the Vikings are chokers, I think that's a safe bet.

All you have to do is look at the stats to see that he isn't what he used to be. 12 of 17 for throws under 5 yards, and 2 of 4 for those over 6. Thissmall ball gameplan won't work in the long run, teams are just going to start putting everyone in the box because there is no deep threat, which will meanreduced production for Peterson in the long run.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Vikings crash and burn because of this man right here...

brett-farve-vikings.jpg

He didn't look so bad yesterday. But we've got 15 more games to go, and knowing the Vikings are chokers, I think that's a safe bet.

All you have to do is look at the stats to see that he isn't what he used to be. 12 of 17 for throws under 5 yards, and 2 of 4 for those over 6. This small ball gameplan won't work in the long run, teams are just going to start putting everyone in the box because there is no deep threat, which will mean reduced production for Peterson in the long run.

Ok lets see what happens then
smile.gif
Teams plan for Peterson, but let them do what they did last year to Tjack, Favre will burn them.

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

O line Yes
RB yes
QB no
WR no
Defence pretty close.

Superior? No.

In no way shape or form is the defense close to ours. You guys stuffed the bears big whoop. You have the best wide receiver between the two in Jennings but as a unit including our TE I give MN Wr's the edge. Your QB is better that is it (Which is a big deal obviously) We have better secondary/Linebackers pretty much every position.

Edit: On second thought I REALLY like your LB's I say even or push. If anything GB the edge.
2rfr09c.jpg

Its simple expectations. I expect the Packers to be a hell of a lot better on 2009 because they were a hell of a lot better than their record showed in 2008. So far so good, albeit this IS just the beginning of the season. The Pack have all the pieces in place to make a very.. very long run. A decent ground game, a STUD QB and very very very good receivers. Let's not talk about that ball hawking defense either.

Yet we get to the Bears and its really all ++%*%!## by Bears fans as to why they should be considered the paper champions of the world. Understand that after the Cutler trade you dudes turned into the most annoying bunch of fans in the world as a WHOLE. Keep in mind the team you had last year basically underachieved in all aspects, why would you expect different this year? Because Ortan is gone? Because you have a Pro-Bowl QB? It all comes down to your coaching, and I'm sorry but since that Superbowl run Lovie Smith has shown he has absolutely no idea what the hell an in game adjustment is (squib kick anyone?). Hell lets bring back in Cutler, you DO understand that when you have a QB that works well in "x" system, you cannot just plug him in "y" system and expect him to excel. Yet Lovie believes so, and so did you arrogant Bears fans, already boasting about the best QB/RB duo in the L. Did you forget that part of the reason Ortan was garbage was because of his line? Now guess who lines up under said line... Cutler... Ding Ding Ding. And that big nasty Chicago D... It ain't so Nasty... Couple that with the fact that Hester no longer poses a threat in ST...
sick.gif
Underachieved??
eyes.gif

With Kyle Orton at QB and a rookie at RB with no WRs and a mediocre Oline i honestly expected us to be one of the top 5 worst teams in the league last year. Wehad a winning record and almost made the playoffs... i wouldnt call that underachieving
smh.gif

And no one is sayign that chicagos D is as nasty as its was but when healthy they are still a pretty good unit. Nobody can deny that the Bears played more thana solid game defensively last night, they pretty much had a shutout last night (minus the Rodgers/Jennings) at the end if it wasnt for Cutler giving yall goodfield position.

How come when the Packers were missing half their starters for the year they didnt get the injury card. But when you have 2 injured linebackers you get the injury card?
no ones playing the injury card here. Yall won, yall played better and the play action call at the end was genius. im just saying that some ofyall make Forte out to be some scrub middle of the back to end of the pack RB which after his year last year is just
smh.gif
to say

im not gonna argue about the Vikings you can have your opinion, but the Lions really?? Lets not act like the Bears got blown out or some *%#! last night.We were winning until there was 1 minute left in the game vs a very good football team in a very tough atmosphere. Not making excuses, we lost, but its notlike it was 33-7 or however it was we got thrashed by last year.
But some of yall are just acting like the Bears suck and that they got crushed last night and put up no fight. Most teams would probably fare alot worse inLambeau than the Bears did last night... while the Lions, they were busy letting Drew Brees throw for 6 TDs and pretty much rape them. Let them win a gamebefore we even talk about them winning even 5 and let them win 5 before we can talk about them not being last in the division. Say what you want their entiredefense and their oline is just
sick.gif

And im not trying to say that the Vikings arent legit cause truly i believe all 3 of the non Lion NFC north teams are legit, but yall beat the Browns lastnight. Lets stop acting like they had some terrific victory while the Bears barely losing at Lambeau is some big tragedy that we suck for. We were theunderdogs, we held our own and almost won, but we lost. Now we move on.

People are letting hate for Favre take control of their thought process....Minnesota still has one of the best D's in the NFL, and the best RB in the game.This team is stacked. Take your Favre hate and shove it. The Vikes are for real.

laugh.gif
you know people are hating when the Vikings get a road win against a team, and blow them out by 20 (that last td was BS) yet people still come at themlike it was meaningless. Favre threw for 100 yards and we still whooped them in every statistical category, they brought 8 and blitzed the run, and PetersonSTILL gets off. If Favre gets hurt, we still have a capable QB no way Vikes don't win the division.

Fraji when can I get rid of this avatar? Someone was actually making one for me so yeah...

Generally sig/avy bets in football last til the next week of football... So you're wearing that trough this Saturday.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Originally Posted by THE GR8

honestly it was a good game of football we lost. But on the flipside Packers shouldnt be TOOO excited that they barely beat us at Lambeau when Cutler threw 4 INTs.
1. i was just posting that for a reaction.

but we won a game where we didnt play to our potential. and cutler threw picks for a reason, packers did what they had to do to win. The bears didnt
ok here we go............

1. couldnt we say we really didnt play up to our potential

2. what are you really basing yall potential on.............plz dont say preseason cuz with our bad D(that most of yall believe is the case) we held yall to 21points 7 of which was given to you from a pick 6 for the most part(he got yall too the one isnt hard to score from there) and another 3 from a dude that shouldlose his job for that mistake he made(the long snapper)

but i do agree with you yall did do just enough to get the win yall had one drive and it was for the game so hats off for that

this not to you but
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ people really tryin to act like forte isnt a beast he had a bad game..............but mostly our Oline had a bad night alltogether

laugh.gif
you know people are hating when the Vikings get a road win against a team, and blow them out by 20 (that last td was BS) yet people still come at them like it was meaningless. Favre threw for 100 yards and we still whooped them in every statistical category, they brought 8 and blitzed the run, and Peterson STILL gets off. If Favre gets hurt, we still have a capable QB no way Vikes don't win the division.
Exactly.

The final score would have been 34-13 with the Browns STILL not having an offensive TD since November '08 if we hadn't had all our SECOND STRINGERS induring the second half of the fourth quarter (when the Browns scored)! We took all our starters out when we were up by 20 in the 4th quarter. Did you not seeT-Jack and Chester Taylor in there? Letroy Guion and our other backups on defense were in the game as well. We went into the "dog pound" and got a20-point win even if the score doesn't show it.

I know the Browns are nothing special, but fact of the matter is we went on the road and won a game in a hostile environment ("Dog Pound" as it'scalled) by 20 points (if we're not counting that last TD when our backups were in).

Originally Posted by JPZx

laugh.gif
you know people are hating when the Vikings get a road win against a team, and blow them out by 20 (that last td was BS) yet people still come at them like it was meaningless. Favre threw for 100 yards and we still whooped them in every statistical category, they brought 8 and blitzed the run, and Peterson STILL gets off. If Favre gets hurt, we still have a capable QB no way Vikes don't win the division.
Exactly.

The final score would have been 34-13 with the Browns STILL not having an offensive TD since November '08 if we hadn't had all our SECOND STRINGERS in during the second half of the fourth quarter (when the Browns scored)! We took all our starters out when we were up by 20 in the 4th quarter. Did you not see T-Jack and Chester Taylor in there? Letroy Guion and our other backups on defense were in the game as well. We went into the "dog pound" and got a 20-point win even if the score doesn't show it.

I know the Browns are nothing special, but fact of the matter is we went on the road and won a game in a hostile environment ("Dog Pound" as it's called) by 20 points (if we're not counting that last TD when our backups were in).

Man you are trying to gas up your team over a road win against the Browns? Give it a rest dude, the Browns are going to be one of the worst teams in the leagueright down there with St. Louis. The simple fact is that if Peterson didn't come out and have a breakout 2nd half the Vikings would have been in a lotcloser game. Peterson isn't going to put up those numbers every week plain and simple, and Favre sure can't contribute enough when Peterson goes flat. It isn't that I hate Favre, I just see the facts about your team, it is one dimensional with Favre on the field plain and simple.

Man you are trying to gas up your team over a road win against the Browns?
Originally Posted by JPZx

I know the Browns are nothing special

The simple fact is that if Peterson didn't come out and have a breakout 2nd half the Vikings would have been in a lot closer game.

-If Cribbs had taken it up the right side (not the left) he wouldn't have scored a TD.
-If Robert Royal had tripped over his shoelace 2 seconds before he caught the TD from Quinn it would'vebeen an incomplete pass.
-If a chef had sneezed on Jamal Lewis' pasta primavera the night before gameday, he would've been sickkeeping him out of the game.
-If Brady Quinn had gotten drafted #21 by the Jaguars in the 2007 NFL Draft, it would've been someone elsethrowing passes yesterday.
-If the color brown was never invented, it would've been the Cleveland __________.

You see, I can do it too.

Packers have a good chance to win it, no #*%%+%! way is it clear cut the Vikings will win it.

The fact that you chose to quote me on those things is quite hilarious to me. Taken out of context of my post and posted the way you did, yes they do soundrediculous, but the fact that I have other things up there supporting my opinion that you chose not to comment on shows how truly stupid you are.

Airblaster - Your football knowledge sorely lacks. First of all, you can't say that IF AP wouldn't have done something the Vikings and Browns go downto the wire, because it DID happen. You can't take away set in stone factors and say IF they didn't happen something would've been different. Well,no $%$@ Shirlock. Secondly, the Vikings DID dominate in the end, which is what great teams are SUPPOSED to do against inferior opponents. And if you'vebeen following along, that's pull away when the game is on the line and ultimately win the games that you're supposed to win.

To say AP can't contribute like that all year is truthful, however, they have one of the best backups in the league in Chester Taylor, and need I mention,yet again, that their defense in one of the tops in the league. If for some reason Peterson AND Taylor have a bad day AND Favre throws a few picks, this teamwill still have a chance because of their D. If not...hey, you can't win them all. So when it does happen don't come in here quoting me and spoutingoff indelible idiocy.

Same goes for the Seahawks defeating the Rams. They did what was expected.

Packers are the only team that can give us competion for the Division, just because they have Recievers and if there's a weakness to our team, it would bePass D, IMO.

I know it's one game, and Cutler probably isn't going to be like that the rest of the season, but the Bears don't scare me at all with thatrecieving corps.

Lions....
laugh.gif

Can't wait till Monday Night in a few weeks
pimp.gif

$##@blaster503...

All of your statements surround the "what if" model, why should I give you any sort of respect by replying with a serious response?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Thats was one heck of a game last night. Hate to be a bears fan
laugh.gif

Cant wait till Nov 1. those tickets cost an arm and a leg
smh.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Fraji when can I get rid of this avatar? Someone was actually making one for me so yeah...

Generally sig/avy bets in football last til the next week of football... So you're wearing that trough this Saturday.

That's reasonable. I could always change it though
laugh.gif

I'll do it.

If we win, you must rock a Cutler avy and a Team Cutler sig for one month.

If we lose, I will rock a Peterson avy and Team Favre sig for one month. Deal?
A week? Hell naw. This dude has to rock that avy PLUS a sig for a whole month? These were his terms
grin.gif

He can't back out now. Eat your damn crow ya coward
laugh.gif
smh.gif
....who cares if an avy is being made for you? Wear that avy proudly after you get donewith the one month bet.

Back
Top Bottom