2009 NFC North Trash Talk Thread...(Time to apologize for talkin crazy Bears fans/S4L3)

Detroit Lions fan checking in
eyes.gif
though I don't think we are going to have a Falcons year and go to the playoffs, I do think the rest of the nfcnorth has pretty much written the Lions off. Now I know looking at last year they were beyond bad, but this year has alot of new players and coaches and thinkthey will do some damage. Here are my predictions for the division

Packers 10-6
Vikings 7-9
Lions 7-9
Bears 4-12

You guys are nuts to think we won't win 10 games... Look at our schedule... We're starting the year 5-0.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

^^ yea and you also have the Brett Favre handicap so subtract 3 or 4.
Last season we won 10 games with the likes of Tarvaris Jackson and Gus Frerotte...

One of them is a third-stringer right now who almost got cut last week.
One of them is not in the league anymore.

All of you are fools
grin.gif

yea and now you have a qb who should have been out of the league 2 years ago, and who has said that he doesn't even think he can play a full 16 games. Takeinto account that when they play Green Bay they are going to be out to get him so that might put him out of the season earlier.

All this speculation, if this and we should have done that, all nonsense.

Only one team in this division had/has a dominant defense - and that would be your Minnesota Vikings. We haven't lost any key players (Sharper lost astep, and Tyrell will do fine) and we got back EJ. If/when the Williamses miss the 4 games, that's gonna hurt, but our team has the only PROVEN defense in this division. Not preseason stats, not ifs/ands/buts. No question, and if any of you fools argue about it, you're lettingyour homerism get in the way.

I've been saying it throughout this thread, defense is going to win this division.

Originally Posted by truthmain

All this speculation, if this and we should have done that, all nonsense.

Only one team in this division had/has a dominant defense - and that would be your Minnesota Vikings. We haven't lost any key players (Sharper lost a step, and Tyrell will do fine) and we got back EJ. If/when the Williamses miss the 4 games, that's gonna hurt, but our team has the only PROVEN defense in this division. Not preseason stats, not ifs/ands/buts. No question, and if any of you fools argue about it, you're letting your homerism get in the way.

I've been saying it throughout this thread, defense is going to win this division.
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
Sharper does not play for you.

Best Defense in the NFC North probably does go to Minny. I know the Bears do not have it. I do not think the Pack has a better D.
The Williams boys being out will hurt you. What is going on there anyway? Did they appeal to a court? When does it get decided if they can play? What in thewide wide world of sports is going on?

Originally Posted by tylerdub

Best Defense in the NFC North probably does go to Minny. I know the Bears do not have it. I do not think the Pack has a better D.
The Williams boys being out will hurt you. What is going on there anyway? Did they appeal to a court? When does it get decided if they can play? What in the wide wide world of sports is going on?

Courts ruled that Minnesota cannot suspend the Williams'. Which is total BS.

Each team has their own strengths on D.
Vikings have one of the best D-Lines in the league if not the best.
The Packers have a very good secondary.

The Vikings have proved themselves as the best so far. But if the Packers Run D is decent their D will be very good.
I wouldnt say better then the Vikings, but im still looking for big things with teh Packers D this year. Hopefully this 3-4 is what they needed.
I think it will, Dom Capers knows what hes doing.

Man I think you Minnesota fans are going to be in for a big disappointment. Yea your front 4 are defense are good, but beyond that you are nothing but average.The offense is going to depend to heavily on the run with Brett Favre having trouble throwing the ball. The season isn't going where you all think, justbecause you had one break out year doesn't mean anything, you still have alot of areas to improve on the team. Best defense goes to the Packers easily.From their line to their linebackers to their secondary they are above average.

Man I think you Minnesota fans are going to be in for a big disappointment. Yea your front 4 are defense are good, but beyond that you are nothing but average. The offense is going to depend to heavily on the run with Brett Favre having trouble throwing the ball. The season isn't going where you all think, just because you had one break out year doesn't mean anything, you still have alot of areas to improve on the team. Best defense goes to the Packers easily. From their line to their linebackers to their secondary they are above average.

Child, please.

Man I think you Minnesota fans are going to be in for a big disappointment. Yea your front 4 are defense are good, but beyond that you are nothing but average. The offense is going to depend to heavily on the run with Brett Favre having trouble throwing the ball. The season isn't going where you all think, just because you had one break out year doesn't mean anything, you still have alot of areas to improve on the team. Best defense goes to the Packers easily. From their line to their linebackers to their secondary they are above average.

This completely invalidates the rest of your opinion in this thread. That and saying the Lions will win 7 games.

Look, root for your team, I don't care. But don't let that cloud objective judgment here. There is no problem with giving the other teams props inhere, ok fellas? It's not that hard. Aaron Rodgers looks like a potential MVP, Jay Cutler is good, Forte is a beast. I think Jennings and Barnett areunderrated. Packers secondary is nice, especially their CBs. Other than that, Bears have no WRs, Ryan Grant is not that good, and Bears' defense is supersuspect.

You guys need to stop with this homerism nonsense, it's beyond ridiculous.

And thanks JPZx, I swear some dudes and their reading comprehension...

Originally Posted by JPZx

^^ yea and you also have the Brett Favre handicap so subtract 3 or 4.
Last season we won 10 games with the likes of Tarvaris Jackson and Gus Frerotte...

One of them is a third-stringer right now who almost got cut last week.
One of them is not in the league anymore.

All of you are fools
grin.gif
T Jax/Culpepper along with every single starting QB in the NFC North > Brett Favre
laugh.gif

also
off_line.gif
airblaster503 needs to curve HARD
laugh.gif

i mean Lions aint winning 7 games anywhere but they aint coming close to even sniffing that in a division where the other 3 teams would be contenders to winany division in the NFL. I mean sure you got a new QB but hes a rookie and no matter if hes good or not, behind that oline, Cutler or Rodgers couldnt lookgood
laugh.gif

I mean your D is still garbage also. Detroit needs alot of work to win a game especially in this division. I honestly think 4-5 may be a reach but 7
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

And the Pack do NOT have the best D in the division. %@#@% with that. If their D could hold its own they wouldnt have been 6-10 last year because it wasnt theoffenses fault. And dont give me that "we should have" bull #$+@. Yall were 6-10 chill for now.

And 4 wins for the Bears??
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

if that happens i will never use NT again. We had a winning record last season with Kyle Orton/Rex Grssman at QB and an injured D. Now that we have a franchiseQB which maybe 5-10 teams can truly say and a healthy D we will win 4?? Once again, child please. Go back to your Detroit fantasy land.
smile.gif

Fraij, honestly, rivalry biases aside, why would you be mad if y'all don't sweep us (vikings)? Let'sbe real here...it's not like we're some cupcake team. I mean I would understand you being mad if y'all don't sweep the Lions...but the Vikesand Bears? I think a split is more realistic.

Btw, JPZx...might just rock that vikings siggy now that football season has started.
pimp.gif

Haha alright so maybe my predictions were a little to optimistic, but you guys saying the nfc north has 3 teams that would compete for a title in any otherdivision? get real fam. Maybe the packers but not the bears or vikings. Bears don't have any weapons to utilize Cutler, the Vikings have Favre who is goingto blow up and throw twice as many interceptions than touchdowns. Of course I am going to be optimistic about Detroit cause that is my team but having watchedthem all my life and this preseason, I really think that if Stafford can cut down on throwing interceptions they can pull together a decent season. Theyfinally have some good linebackers in Peterson, Foote, and Simms and have a few solid saftes. Add Travis Henry at cb from Dallas and a few very quick d-endsand they have a pretty good line up to work with. Offensively they have all the weapons in place as long as the line holds up, and yes I do realize that is abig question mark, especially losing one of the starters for the season. Two of Detroits starting recievers are over 6'3 which puts them at a huge heightadvantage over most secondary players in the league, add in Kevin Smith who I believe will have a breakout year and there is alot of potential. Don't hateon the Lions just because they sucked last year, look more into what the team is working with. And look at last years games and see how many were very closelosses. It isnt like every team completely blew the Lions up with lopsided scores.

Back
Top Bottom