2009 NFC North Trash Talk Thread...(Time to apologize for talkin crazy Bears fans/S4L3)

laugh.gif
@Jehlers02

Past two pages have been comedy!!
laugh.gif

Would love to see this type of banter throughout the season
pimp.gif

Front cover of Yahoo. Aaron Rodgers and the Packers as one of the challengers for the Super Bowl.

Bout time Packers get respect
pimp.gif

Yeah we can talk football. I seriously think that everyone is super hyping the Pack right now because they supposedly had the magical preseason for all ages. Ijust do not really see why everyone thinks they are this massively improved team. I hear people talking about them like they are the 85 Bears. Like they haveno @!$!# in the armor or any weaknesses.

My hope for this thread is that I can still come in here with my head held high near the end of the season, unlike the NL Central thread.

^I think a lot of that is based on them not being a 6-10 last year, if they would have been healthy.

A year later, Rodgers has a year under is belt, the defense can't get any worse than last year.

Pack will be fine.

I honestly think the Packers are a very good team. I do not really get the sudden tidal wave of love they are experiencing. I think they are better thanMinnesota and I think they may be better than Chicago. I do not know yet.

First I'm a die hard packer fan.

But, I do realize that the Packers have become the "sexy" pick thus far. Due to the flashy Offense and the change in defense.

I do think they'll win the division, I would pick the Vikes in 3rd...

laugh.gif
who talking about them like their the 85 bears???

A lot of people are picking them, sure... Peter King likes them, Yahoo! sports experts like them, ESPN guys like them. They are all giving them a chance tomake a push in the playoffs.

Looking at the schedule... they should win at least 10 games. Which generally means playoffs... if they sweep either the vikings or bears they'll be alock.

I think well probably split games with Vikes and Bears... (Ill still be pissed if they dont sweep though.)

Whats not to like? No preseason even needs to be looked at... Defense is the key... if GB puts a top 12-15 defense this year they will be contenders to beplaying at the end of january.

We already know that Rodgers is approaching elite QB status and GJ is one of the best deep threats in the NFL. And that Driver has amongst the most solid handsand always looking for YAC. The O-Line is BIGGER now too... I dont think Rodgers will be getting hit much this year. And we all know he has the ability totake off and gain big chunks of yards with the secondary caught up in covering our many receiving options. **Holds off on calling Rodgers "Steve YoungLite" for a little bit longer...**

The offense should be ranked in the top 5 by everyone at this point... Rodgers just needs to WIN games in the 4th quarter. Healthy grant will average morethan the 3.9 that he did last year. I expect 4.1-4.3 from him on his 300 or so carries this year assuming hes not battling injury or coming off a hold out dueto contract issues like last year.

Ill keep saying it until im proven wrong, Dom Capers was possibly the best FA pickup this offseason (Yup bigger than Favre and Cutler)... no one claimed thatGB DEF didnt have talent... But Bob Sanders was a terrible DC. We did not pressure the QB at all aside from Kampman on his usual grind getting after the QB. Capers will be blitzing from every direction this year and bringing everyone from Barnett to Woodson to Bigby on stunts. Bottom line is Capers scheming andgameplanning can make EVERYONE on the defense better.

Stopping the run will be the biggest issue... Raji could help out MAJOR in that department. Pickett was out most of last year with injury, hes back now andwill be a big part of our run stop. Jolly has shown great improvement as well.

Tell me that you dont have to put more than 1 guy on any one of those guys and youll get the
laugh.gif
back.

Watch out for Jermichael Finley too... Dude actually plays like a 6'5" TE and will be getting a lot of grabs in all different situations. I reallythink he could end up putting up top 10 TE receiving numbers.

10+ Wins this year. Book it.

AAAAAAAAnyways... the NFL season starts in 5 hours... no more preseason... get your screenshots in now before people edit. Crow is whats for dinner soonenough.

I think ppl forget the Packers were in the NFC championship 2 years ago.
The team is basically the same other then Rodgers but hes looking to be better then Favre was 2 years ago. The talent didnt disappear.

We had a D smothered with Injuries.
James Jones was out. Grant started the year injured.
Thats why last year was bad.

Im looking for them to do the same thing but hopefully go further.
This Defense better work out. Scratch that, this Run D better work out.

Originally Posted by sho3tym

^I think a lot of that is based on them not being a 6-10 last year, if they would have been healthy.
come on now can we chill with this if stuff they was 6 - 10 point blank every team in the league go thru something staying healthy is apart offootball having back ups that can fill there role is apart of football

the pats best player got hurt last year and they still had a winning year didnt make it to the playoffs but they had a winning year

^ I have to disagree, injuries can ruin a year.
Bigby out for year
Barnett out for year
Al Harris Out for year
James Jones Out for year
Grant hurt in the beginning of the year.

When 5 big names like that are hurt, its hard to win football games.

Edit: i shouldnt say big names, more so players who are essential to your team.

Back
Top Bottom