[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Ron set to wear #37.

(MJ Thriller album was #1 for 37 weeks)

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Ron set to wear #37.

laugh.gif
Random as hell. Ron is a funny dude though.

I love the Artest move but I really want the Lakers to address there PG issue.. Brown would be nice, he's the big PG that PJ likes but Jordan did do adecent job of guarding the quicker PG during the playoffs.. I was kinda hoping Fish would've retired so we could sign Brown and keep Farmar as a back up...If Jordan and Sasha can play like they did the 07-08 season and we bring LO back our bench will be fine.. We basically got no production from Sasha, Jordan andBynum in the finals and still won pretty easily.. You know for sure Bynum will improve so I think we have a good chance to repeat.. The reason why I likeArtest over Ariza is because after a team wins a championship they can get complacent.. Having Artest who is a respected veteran who doesn't have a ringkeeps that fire going.. He'll be pushing the team in the regular season to win games.. You know they were also thinking of the Queens connection with LO aswell..

if odom leaves for portland (they better not make an offer) but if he leaves for THEM, i will hate him forever.

he is staying a laker.

Originally Posted by presequel

if odom leaves for portland (they better not make an offer) but if he leaves for THEM, i will hate him forever.

he is staying a laker.
co-sign...i'll look for that vid when odom always has a squabble with roy and the other blazers...HE BETTER NOT GO ANYWHERE

[h1]Relive the Lakers' championship road on NBA TV[/h1]
By NBA.com staff reports
Posted Jul 6 2009 12:19AM

The Lakers' march to their 15th NBA championship began with a first-round matchup with the rival Utah Jazz. It didn't prove to be much of a series,though, as the Lakers dispatched the Jazz in five games. Now you can catch the best games from that series (and the rest of L.A.'s playoff matchups) Mondaythrough Thursday in prime time.

Watch NBA TV on Monday starting at 8 p.m. ET for the first of four nights of first-round matchups from L.A.'s championship run. It's only availableon the 24/7 home for hoops -- NBA TV.

[table][tr][td]
nbatv_logo_small.jpg
NBA TV Schedule: July 6, 2009 (All times Eastern)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] 8:00 p.m.[/td] [td] Playoff playback: Jazz at Lakers -- Game 1[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 9:00 p.m.[/td] [td] Playoff playback: Jazz at Lakers -- Game 2[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 10:00 p.m.[/td] [td] Playoff playback: Jazz at Lakers -- Game 4[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 11:00 p.m.[/td] [td] Playoff playback: Jazz at Lakers -- Game 5[/td] [/tr][/table]
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I think the other series are on subsequent nights (Houston on Tues., Denver on Wed. Orlando on Thurs.) Although the Finals series playback is on right now.

I'll honestly be shocked if we don't keep LO. He should be easier to deal with than Trevor because he's had his big payday.

Then again, i've seen crazier things happen...hopefully, we get this done asap.

Those playbacks are booty.

Coulda swore they played the finals last year in their entirety each and every game. (maybe I'm wrong on that, but I sweat I remember them having thosegames on an endless loop the whole summer.)
mad.gif
mad.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by gaseousfashion

Artest is a weird entertaining dude.

Ron set to wear #37.

pimp.gif

ARTEST
pimp.gif

always been a top 5 favorite player of mine. I wanted dude since 2005 nh

LA continues to run $%**
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Ariza is appreciated though. Good luck to you Trevor(besides when it's up against us)

Fish
Kobe
Artest
Odom
Pau
Bynum

Rondo
Ray
Pierce
KG
Sheed
Perkins

sorry just had to type this out and this thread was open. Just wanted to compare the 2 line ups. I gotta say they are both quite sick. so much talent there. if we could pick up a more legit starting PG it just wouldn't be fair. what's Heinrich's situation like?
nerd.gif
lol

I heard somewhere that Heinrich (SP) wasn't gonna be available now since Gordon is gone.

LA v Boston would be a blast in the finals. Matchups are simply mouth waterin.

Supposedly, Ariza and his agent are backpedaling on the Houston deal.

There are two teams Ariza could go too that would make me hate the dude and boo him forever and its the: Celtics & Cavs.

Mo Williams Twitter: http://twitter.com/THE_MO_WILLIAMS
hey tweet homies,i just got word that T.ariza is thinking he wants to be a cav, and not a rocket!thats my boy!he might come to c-town baby.about 5 hours ago from web

guys, we wont have to trade anything, he is MAY cancel his verbal commitment wthi Houston, this isnt 100% 4 sure though, but it be niceabout 4 hours ago from web
indifferent.gif

Brown to sign soon, but with Lakers?
By Chris Bernucca
Pro Basketball News

While agent Mark Bartelstein hasn't yet found a resting spot for client David Lee, he does have a couple of other lower-level free agents on the market.

Bartelstein told PBN that Lakers restricted free agent guard Shannon Brown will be landing somewhere "in the next 24 hours or so."

While Bartelstein said Brown's desire is to remain with the Lakers, he added that he had discussed Brown with "six or seven teams," including the defending champs. As of this writing, none of the LA media outlets are reporting Brown is close to a deal with the Lakers -- or anyone else...
Do the right thing S.Breezy
embarassed.gif

Oh

one thing I love about the Artest signing;

we finally have a dude that NOBODY wants to ##!# with & will 100% have his team mates back no matter what
someone that other teams will fear if they anger lol

btw, I think Ron will be under control in Los Angeles attitude wise. he's wanted to be a Laker for a minute now

and You know Kobe is damn happy with this signing

I love LA

edit:
There are two teams Ariza could go too that would make me hate the dude and boo him forever and its the: Celtics & Cavs.

I agree,
I wouldn't HATE him on the Cavs as much as I'd hate him on the Celtic's though

Zero room for Ariza on the Celts though.

Cavs make perfect sense though.

Is that for real on the Shannon signing?
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Odom, you are now the #1 priority to bringing back 11 of the championship 12.
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom