[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

Originally Posted by tupac003

What the hell are we doig with Lamar?

[h2]Lakers Still Want Odom Back[/h2]
Jul 04, 2009 8:49 AM EST

lal_40.gif
The Lakers still want Lamar Odom back, but the free-agent forward will have to lower this asking price.

Odom is believed to be looking for $10 million annually, but the Lakers are already about $10 million into the luxury tax.

Luxury tax is paid for in a dollar-for-dollar penalty, so signing Odom for $10 million next season would result in a bill of $20 million.

The Los Angeles Times suggested a compromise on Friday night. The Lakers can sign Odom to a one-year deal worth $7.5 million, allowing him to test free agency again next summer.

Via Los Angeles Times

Los Angeles Lakers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

We are ing up right now! We need to lock lamar up for at least 3 years. We are killing ourselfs.

We need him badly. There's no one that can replace him.

They need to sign him long term more than anything. Ship off Sasha, Morrison, and Farmar if you have too.

Originally Posted by tupac003

What the hell are we doig with Lamar?

[h2]Lakers Still Want Odom Back[/h2]
Jul 04, 2009 8:49 AM EST

lal_40.gif
The Lakers still want Lamar Odom back, but the free-agent forward will have to lower this asking price.

Odom is believed to be looking for $10 million annually, but the Lakers are already about $10 million into the luxury tax.

Luxury tax is paid for in a dollar-for-dollar penalty, so signing Odom for $10 million next season would result in a bill of $20 million.

The Los Angeles Times suggested a compromise on Friday night. The Lakers can sign Odom to a one-year deal worth $7.5 million, allowing him to test free agency again next summer.

Via Los Angeles Times

Los Angeles Lakers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

We are ing up right now! We need to lock lamar up for at least 3 years. We are killing ourselfs.
SMH. Ship Sasha and Luke's !*!*# out!!! GET LO back at all costs!

Why do you guys think there's an endless money supply? Have you seen LA's payroll?

Whatever Odom gets paid it will almost be doubled since they are over the cap.

Paying him 10 million would be almost impossible.

Taking it slow is the right thing to do as to not offend anyone. Plus Odom's side seems like they are in no hurry anyway.

The only team that can pay Lamar that money is Portland.. and I quite frankly don't see that happening. Once Portland signs David Lee or someone else, thenLamar will have no other options but to come back to LA for the price Mitch sees working [7 million or 8 at the most for 2 or 3 years].

Also it's not as easy as simply "shipping people out of town", I'm sure Mitch has explored those options. Why would anyone want Sasha Vujacicand his toxic contract? Jordan makes chump change. Also trading away players doesn't necessarily mean more money will be available immediately.

If Mitch found a trade partner to take on Vladimir Badmonvich's contract, then in my eyes - NOTHING is impossible.

A shooter in this league will always be valued, his "tenacity" on the defensive end could spark some sort of interest with D'Antoni, it'sjust a perfect fit I tell you
laugh.gif

Happy 4th people
pimp.gif

edit:
The Rockets offered Trevor Ariza the one thing the Lakers could not.

They did not offer a greater salary than the Lakers or Cavaliers and actually came in with an offer almost $9 million less than the Toronto Raptors. They certainly cannot claim the immediate chance to chase another title that would be come with a return to Los Angeles or jump to Cleveland.

The Rockets could, however, offer the one thing he needed most. They really, really needed him.

"I'm not a greedy person and the Lakers know I'm not a greedy person," Ariza said. "You can see it in the way I play. I just want to play for a team that wants me, the team that gives me the chance to improve my game.

"I'm excited about it because I'm getting an opportunity to play. They were the team that showed the most interest in me, and that was all I wanted."

With Ariza's decision to accept the five-year deal worth roughly $33 million, the Rockets and Lakers effectively swapped free agents, with Ron Artest going to Los Angeles and Ariza going from triumph with the Lakers to opportunity with the Rockets.

"I'm a champion," he said. "And I'm a Houston Rocket."
sick.gif
Seriously, is Ariza's agent telling him what to say?

^i dont want the machine.
maybe last year, but dude disappeared in the playoffs. and he has an fat ugly contract too.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

If Mitch found a trade partner to take on Vladimir Badmonvich's contract, then in my eyes - NOTHING is impossible.

A shooter in this league will always be valued, his "tenacity" on the defensive end could spark some sort of interest with D'Antoni, it's just a perfect fit I tell you
laugh.gif

Happy 4th people
pimp.gif
Serious or not, I'm not sure
laugh.gif
that Vlad trade was madebefore the trade deadline during the season. Teams aren't going to take Sasha in the off season. And just because you trade him that doesn't mean thatthere'd be money for LO since they would have to take on a player with the same salary..

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

Why do you guys think there's an endless money supply? Have you seen LA's payroll?

Whatever Odom gets paid it will almost be doubled since they are over the cap.

Paying him 10 million would be almost impossible.

Taking it slow is the right thing to do as to not offend anyone. Plus Odom's side seems like they are in no hurry anyway.

The only team that can pay Lamar that money is Portland.. and I quite frankly don't see that happening. Once Portland signs David Lee or someone else, then Lamar will have no other options but to come back to LA for the price Mitch sees working [7 million or 8 at the most for 2 or 3 years].

Also it's not as easy as simply "shipping people out of town", I'm sure Mitch has explored those options. Why would anyone want Sasha Vujacic and his toxic contract? Jordan makes chump change. Also trading away players doesn't necessarily mean more money will be available immediately.
It's not impossible, Jerry has the money, plus he'll make all that back and then some with the playoff run. I read somewhere the Lakersmade an extra 50 million+ or so this year with the Finals run, that's more than enough to cover the luxury tax. Just get him back, throw in a box ofSnickers and Gummy Savers to sweeten the deal.

Originally Posted by BangDak

^i dont want the machine.
maybe last year, but dude disappeared in the playoffs. and he has an fat ugly contract too.
And neither do the 29 other NBA clubs
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

imo, they should resign brown and ship farmer since he would be the easiest to ship out.
many teams like the raptor, magic, are all looking for an backup point guard. if they can get him for draft picks and cash considerations, that would be anblessing in disguise.

Incredible....

So out of the 2 GUYS WE ABSOLOUTELY HAD TO SIGN....

One of em is GONE & the OTHER is being lowballed...SMMFH!!

Yes i know we got ARTEST but he's still a GAMBLE i.m.o.

They must be ready to GAMBLE on ODOM as well if this is true...

And this is after a championship season, so what the hell were they planning if we had lost....

laugh.gif
you guys are crack ups. It's always good reading message boardGM's

Only team that can give Odom more money is Portland.

Relax, Odom isn't going anywhere. You really think he'd leave for Portland when one of his best basketball friends just came to town?

laugh.gif
this dude MJsaver, breathe homie .... everything will be ok.
Cant help it dog....Just a passionate fan....

Sports...ESP basketball get me hyped...

Ive suffered thru a lot of TRASHTALK with this team....I want even more REVENGE
laugh.gif

I'll take your word for it, BUT IF ODOM ''ESCAPES'' YOULL HAVE SOME EXPLAINING TO DO...

Chris Bousard: Lakers set to offer LO 3yr $24-25M.
Thank you.

8 mill for 3 years, I think that's what I said back a few posts.

Odom aint goin anywhere
laugh.gif
That's about right.. C'mon Lamar!

* Prays *

Back
Top Bottom