*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Originally Posted by Fearless

I'm curious too why matt barnes didn't get any minutes? Has he ever played in these 3 games? Dude must do or say something that upset Brown

Played last night against SAC.

thats interesting.... how much does milsap make? maybe the lakers can trade barnes and the trade exception for milsap then trade bynum and milsap to orlando for howard and hedo

Originally Posted by NobleKane

thats interesting.... how much does milsap make? maybe the lakers can trade barnes and the trade exception for milsap then trade bynum and milsap to orkando for howard and hedo

I'm pretty sure Orlando would pick whatever player they would want for the TPE to work in a trade.
Interesting enough Milsap makes 8 mil..he fits right into the TPE....
nerd.gif

Crap, more worthless trade talk.

*insert Homer Simpson gif*

Is it Thursday night yet?

laugh.gif

I was speaking on a trade solely between ORL/LAL. Sure you can get a 3rd team involved to make use of the trade exception, but at what cost? Utah is not going to hand us Millsap for the exception and a pick to flip to Orlando. Same with other players that the Magic would actually be interested in. At the end of the day, I honestly believe Orlando will have no choice but to take a Bynum/Caracter/2 1sts for Dwight deal. It will ultimately depend on both Bynum and Lopez being healthy and injured respectively.

^Word. Pau and Mcbob should spend the next practice doing nothing but shooting free throws. Anyway, I am loving the Mcbob and Murphy signings. MWP has been a lot better the past couple games too and should continue to be as long as he plays out of the post, which meshes perfectly with the shooters we have on the 2nd unit. Can't wait to get AB back and hopefully send Luke to the Inactive List/retirement home.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Crap, more worthless trade talk.

*insert Homer Simpson gif*

Is it Thursday night yet?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 You expect anything less? This is how life goes on between games! 
laugh.gif

LVJordan238- Who cares what cost! LOL All I'm saying is Bynum and the TPE for Howard and Hedo can and more than likely will work. I don't give a damn how it happens but if they want it to happen, it will.

I'm saying in order to get something with the trade exception that Orlando will want. For example say they would do Bynum+Millsap for Dwight+Turk. What is Utah going to demand for Millsap? I doubt they give him up for just the trade exception.

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

I'm saying in order to get something with the trade exception that Orlando will want. For example say they would do Bynum+Millsap for Dwight+Turk. What is Utah going to demand for Millsap? I doubt they give him up for just the trade exception.

It could be ANY player. I'm pretty sure there are A LOT of over paid players making around 8 mil that teams want to get rid of. The LO TPE will get used if there is to be any deal for D-12. 

What will Magic want for Dwight?

Precisely when the Orlando Magic might be willing to trade Dwight Howard is not yet clear.

It's obviously not going to happen fast enough for New Jersey Nets fans, who serenaded their team with chants of "We Want Howard" during a humbling home defeat to the Atlanta Hawks at the Prudential Center on Tuesday night.

In the Nets' home opener.

However ...

There is at least a fairly clear sense out there about what the Magic would eventually want in exchange for Howard if they decide, as widely expected between now and the March 15 deadline, to make sure they get something for their face of the franchise as opposed to risking the possibility that the Team USA center bolts Orlando in July with nothing coming back in return, just like a certain TNT analyst did in the Olympic summer of 1996.

Sources familiar with Orlando's thinking say that a picture of what the Magic will ultimately expect in return for their anchor has indeed begun to emerge, telling ESPN.com this week that Orlando would not hold out for youth and draft picks as the league-owned New Orleans Hornets were ordered to do in the Chris Paul sweepstakes. The Magic, sources say, would instead prefer to bring back multiple established veterans who can keep the team competitive.

Reason being: Orlando has moved into a new arena last season and has a 85-year-old owner in Rich De Vos. Sources say De Vos has little interest in starting over/rebuilding, as evidenced by the recent decisions to trade for Glen "Big Baby" Davis and re-sign Jason Richardson even though Howard's future is so murky.

The trade proposal for Howard that advanced the farthest to date -- before Magic GM Otis Smith publicly announced that he's ready to part with his 26-year-old star -- would have delivered Nets center Brook Lopez, Portland Trail Blazers swingman Gerald Wallace and at least one first-round pick to Orlando while also seeing the Nets absorb the long-term contracts of Hedo Turkoglu and Chris Duhon for the right to take Dwight with them to Brooklyn.

Sources told ESPN.com that the aforementioned Hawks, meanwhile, engaged Orlando in trade talks for Howard earlier this month with an offer believed to be headlined by $124 million guard Joe Johnson and swingman Josh Smith. You have to figure that the Magic, though, would insist on Al Horford if such discussions ever got serious.

The Hawks are not on Howard's short list of preferred trade destinations alongside the Nets, Los Angeles Lakers and Dallas Mavericks, even though Atlanta is his hometown. That's presumably because Howard wants no part of Atlanta's perpetually unsettled ownership situation. The Hawks nonetheless took the risk of pursuing Howard anyway and, according to sources, felt like they were making some semblance of progress before the Magic shut down talks.

Yet it appears that the Magic, as the Orlando Sentinel reported earlier this month, are inclined to wait until closer to the trading deadline before making a move to keep open the possibility that Howard has a change of heart and consents to a contract extension that prevents him from reaching free agency.

It remains to be seen if Orlando will win enough in the short term to stay patient, but it's a stance the Magic believe they can afford to take because, as Smith told the Sentinel's Josh Robbins: “I don’t think there’s anything on the table that won’t be on the table three months from now."

Howard's agent, Dan Fegan, has formal permission from the Magic to discuss trade possibilities with the three teams (Nets, Lakers and Mavs) atop Howard's wish list. The strongest signals in circulation indicate that Howard has the Nets in the top spot on that list, since that would allow him to play alongside fellow All-Star Deron Williams, move with the Nets to Brooklyn starting next season and -- perhaps as important as anything, one source maintains -- hush the criticism about following Shaquille O'Neal's career script too closely by choosing to spurn the Lakers instead of joining them.

Yet I have heard from multiple teams observing the Dwight Sweepstakes suggest that the best offer Orlando is likely to see could be a three-way deal reminiscent of the trade construction that the Lakers and Houston Rockets hatched in their near-trade for CP3 that was ultimately vetoed by NBA commissioner David Stern in his role as the Hornets' stand-in owner.

If the Lakers reach the point that they're willing to give up both Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol in a three-way Dwight deal with the Rockets, Orlando could conceivably come away with Bynum, Luis Scola and Kevin Martin, with Gasol landing in Houston as he would have in the original Paul trade. That would undoubtedly be a strong trio to start over with, in addition to shedding Turkoglu and perhaps Duhon, who are both signed through the 2013-14 season at a combined cost of roughly $45 million.

But here's the thing: L.A. might not get to that point. If the Lakers are unwilling to give up both Bynum and Gasol, as some insiders suggest, that trade hypothetical isn't going to go anywhere.

Complicating things further, of course, is the recent foot injury suffered by the Nets' Lopez, whose best attribute -- if you're comparing him to Bynum -- was his durability until this setback. It's anyone's guess whether Lopez will be healthy enough to include in a trade package if/when the Magic are finally ready to deal, or if New Jersey will have to try to rope in an additional team or two.
Link

^ ATL would potentially trade Al Horford, Joe Johnson, AND Josh Smith?
laugh.gif
They must expect Dwight to drop 50 a night...And nobody wants Joe Johnson's $500,000,000 contract 

Damn as much as i like Dwight. Losing Bynum feel kind of sad. This dude been through the thick and thin with us since 06. I can see why LO was crying when he hear his #!% is on the trading list.

Well we won. There better be more where that came from. Anyways, apparently Mike Brown said we're going to be in the playoffs. That's a bold statement there, Mr. Potato Head! 
eyes.gif
 That comment irked me a bit because we're not satisfied with just a playoff berth. This is the Los Angeles Lakers, we're not the Bobcats or the Warriors. Making the playoffs is conventional. We expect to win the title every year! 
/end rant

It's crazy how much improved we are defensively this season, and we're only 3 games in. I mean, yes, the team does kinda go ******ed and fall apart defensively(kings game, end of bulls), but they are showing flashes of what they are capable of. Just imagine how the defense could be once Bynum is in(or Dwight lolz) I can only imagine how the defense would be if we had a full training camp plus preseason.

By all-star break, I expect this team to be top 5 defensively in the league. The effort is definitely there.

& btw, if MWP keeps playing the way he has been in the paint & not jacking up random 3's, we could have a nice little bench mob going when Drew comes back.

Hey Fellow Laker fans, I may go to Lakers vs knicks game thursday; but only the top seating, so out of the top seating; what section is the " best"?
Please help
smile.gif

good win, but Im not taking much from it really... Utah just sucked that bad.

I like when blake doesnt hesitate to shoot... I believe this will help him regain his shooting touch and confidence...
I think Ron's "bulldoze" game in the paint is working out for him, hope he stays consistent.

Back
Top Bottom