09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

HBCU bands>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>HBCUfootball(besides grambling)

Events surrounded by HBCU football>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

and I go to to University of Alabama RMFT

famu with the MJ tribute
pimp.gif

college football is SO down this year.... %%+! is pathetic, the top 10 is probably the weakest it's ever been this year. the hell is causing this, thescholarship limits finally having their effect or what?

with the throttling that Cal is getting, and the fact that Ole Miss already lost that means LSU might be top 5 by tomorrow
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Crftz333

college football is SO down this year.... %%+! is pathetic, the top 10 is probably the weakest it's ever been this year. the hell is causing this, the scholarship limits finally having their effect or what?
Umm...how exactly does that make college football "down"? The fact that it at least seems like there are more upsets? There are a tonof early upsets every year because there are plenty of teams that don't deserved to be ranked so high. It's like that every year. If anything,there's more parity, more competition...it makes things interesting.

Originally Posted by FeelMode

with the throttling that Cal is getting, and the fact that Ole Miss already lost that means LSU might be top 5 by tomorrow
laugh.gif

anyone who watched that game should be cautious about putting LSU in the top 5.

Originally Posted by ddot7

college football is SO down this year.... %%+! is pathetic, the top 10 is probably the weakest it's ever been this year. the hell is causing this, the scholarship limits finally having their effect or what?
Umm...how exactly does that make college football "down"? The fact that it at least seems like there are more upsets? There are a ton of early upsets every year because there are plenty of teams that don't deserved to be ranked so high. It's like that every year. If anything, there's more parity, more competition...it makes things interesting.
i don't know if this is something you're aware of or not, but parity is just a euphemism for mediocre garbage. i'm not saying i likethe same teams being good every year, but this ain't the NFL where there's a playoff system... the current system is dependent on great teams emergingevery year, and it actually makes things much more interesting to have several teams a notch above the rest than to have 30 teams all about the same. Maybethat's counter-intuitive to what you've been made to believe, but there's a reason the years where my scenario plays out end up having the bestratings. Everybody claims to love parity, but it just doesn't make for nearly the same excitement level when you have a bunch of 9-3 teams playing insteadof a couple of 12-0's, or even a 12-0 vs an 11-1.

Tell me who this year looks great? Florida? Texas? Maybe the only two teams you can argue for at this point, but I don't think anybody is feeling likeeither of these two is as good as last year's squad... look at Cal right now, getting absolutely stomped by an unranked team... PSU will probably losetonight to a mediocre Iowa team.

Could this be just an issue of the rankings being skewed a bit? I suppose it takes awhile to settle into where teams should really be ranked... but is theresome crop of teams outside the top 10 that really looks impressive right now, too? I don't see it... i just think this is a really down year in collegefootball... it happens.

Umm...how exactly does that make college football "down"? The fact that it at least seems like there are more upsets? There are a ton of early upsets every year because there are plenty of teams that don't deserved to be ranked so high. It's like that every year. If anything, there's more parity, more competition...it makes things interesting.

Tell me who this year looks great? Florida? Texas? Maybe the only two teams you can argue for at this point, but I don't think anybody is feeling like either of these two is as good as last year's squad... look at Cal right now, getting absolutely stomped by an unranked team... PSU will probably lose tonight to a mediocre Iowa team.

Guess you havent seen Alabama play yet

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Tell me who this year looks great? Florida? Texas? Maybe the only two teams you can argue for at this point, but I don't think anybody is feeling like either of these two is as good as last year's squad... look at Cal right now, getting absolutely stomped by an unranked team... PSU will probably lose tonight to a mediocre Iowa team.

Guess you havent seen Alabama play yet
Wrong - saw them beat Va Tech, who I'm still not sure where they stand yet... and i saw a mediocre first half against FIU... maybe they'llemerge, like i talked about... but as of today I wouldn't say they look great, not yet.

Tide look great today...maybe the best team in the country

EDIT: Rich Brooks is losing his damn mind out there
roll.gif

laugh.gif
Timmy had em on skates

TD!!!!! One more to tie Herschel's record

Good god I switch to the Florida game from the Oregon beatdown and see an even worse one happening
pimp.gif

I don't get why people are making that Tebow/Berry collision favor in Tebow's direction....if the UT defenders didn't collapse around Tebow, hewould have been falling back a little worse than what it looked...also, Berry is what....45 pounds lighter than TT?

The T-riding is unbelievable....

Back
Top Bottom