09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

RichRod needed this game big time. Nice to see what competent qb play will get you. Finally got see that speed they talk about from Denard. Tate was nice andpoised and confident out there. We did get a little sloppy in the second which kept us out of the endzone, would like to see us be able to finish better.Defense played good, tackling improved big time and its nice when you have an offense that can do some things so they dont have to be on the field all thetime. All in all I'm pretty happy but we have some areas we need to improve if we want to beat ND next week. Was awesome to hear the whole stadium get theRich Rodriguez chant going.

laugh.gif
at those screen shots of Sam... at some point tonight he is going to be thinking "damn i should of came out last year and been the #1 pick in thedraft"

^he wouldnt have been tho...

I know I aint the only one who thought OU was taking the NC this year tho lol...swore the worries about the line was completely overblown. Yikes....

Nice to see what competent qb play will get you.
word...

Clausen/ND looked good today too. Hype for next week...

Don't wanna hear nothing about this bum Pryor ever again. Told yall Bama's QB situation was better than VTs.
laugh.gif

Acc got destoyed today. Tebow's arm is suspect. Pryor is who we thought he was. OU's season is done. They're oline is horrible now. Only reasonBradford came back was for a NC and now he looks dumb for passing on millions just to get injured in the 1st game of what's now a waste of a season forhim.

UF is not winning the NC with these WRs. Sorry. People don't realize how important percy was for them.

Bama is winning the SEC.

And all of a sudden....Miami's 1st 4 games don't look THAT bad.

Zook and Juice Williams are who we thought they were. And even though they played cupcakes....UT, notre dame, and michigan might be a little better thanexpected...maybe.

lol look thru that Florida thread (or this thread), I wasnt the only one gotdamnit. Obviously that was barring injury...

and that second Sam Bradford pick wouldve been better execution btw....

I dont think Stafford woulda been drafted over him...
nah, he wouldve. Lions were looking for reasons early not to take another QB so soon, but felt they couldnt pass up a QB with that physicalability. Bradford dont have that 'wow' factor...

Don't wanna hear nothing about this bum Pryor ever again.

so if BYU wins out, do they get a shot at the National Championship?
Does Max Hall get in the Heisman discussion (if he keeps up his play, that is)

Gators will be fine. Texas and Oklahoma don't have any receivers either. Alabama has no QB its the first week teams will improve.

Riley Cooper will do work this year. Will Hill will be playing some WR soon :
nerd.gif

Alright,

i just saw the Georgia an OK state play at the end of the 4th...

when ue on UGA POPPED OKST receiver something vicious....

but it was flagged, and i heard the announcer say the rule was changed or some crap?

whats the new rule? You can't hit the receiver no more???!?!??!??

Originally Posted by gatorb807

Will Hill will be playing some WR soon :
nerd.gif

pimp.gif
Please dont be joking.

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

so if BYU wins out, do they get a shot at the National Championship?
Does Max Hall get in the Heisman discussion (if he keeps up his play, that is)
Maybe. If Florida and Texas win out, then they dont have a shot. Or if USC wins out. It's still too early IMO to be making these kinds ofpredictions or discussions, because as we all know anything can happen.
Of course. Would he win should be the real question.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Alright,

but it was flagged, and i heard the announcer say the rule was changed or some crap?

Basically... They're protecting defenseless receivers without the football...
eyes.gif

That play was clean as hell though...

Originally Posted by HollandOates

Alright,

eyes.gif

So after they touch the ball on a pass, but drop it... you can't hit them?
Cause dude still had one hand on the ball and woul have probably ended up catching it if dude didn't hit him.

Originally Posted by HollandOates

Alright,

eyes.gif

So after they touch the ball on a pass, but drop it... you can't hit them?
Cause dude still had one hand on the ball and woul have probably ended up catching it if dude didn't hit him.
It's up to the refs discretion I think.
That call was complete bull. Dude was still making a play for the ball like you said, and the UGA dback made a big hit. Clean play, especially since hedidn't lead with his helmet.

That play was
eek.gif
, IMO.
smh.gif
@ the flag.

Except for the Ducks leaving the state of Idaho with dookie stains in their pants, the Pac 10 had a solid weekend. Even Washington is looking good.

I can't say this enough:

smh.gif
@ Oregon

I've never understood the Pryor>Locker argument.

Both QB's are overhyped. I think Locker is better than Pryor. TP's "mistakes" are less likely to happen in that conservative +$* offensethat Ohio State runs.

Back
Top Bottom