09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Until the MWC middle of the pack teams become stronger, the conferences standing and reputation is still gonna be looked down upon. I
This is what I dont get. Its not like the middle of the road teams in the Big 10 or ACC is any better. The MWC has 3 top teams just like everyother conference, then there are the bottom feeders. Look at the Big XII, outside of Texas, OU, and Ok State, the rest of the conference isnt that good,especially the Big XII North.

Sam Bradford he really came back to school with No O Line, and no WRs and turned down top 5 $.
Lesson, never turn down 1st round $ let alone top 5 $.

I didnt see Texas A&M play, how Michael looked?
I never wanna get down on dudes for comin back to school, especially quarterbacks because of the track record for dudes at that position comingout early, but that situation almost went sour real fast for Sam... Looks like the shoulder is nothin serious, and he'll still be a first round pick inApril, but it ain't gonna be a fun season in Norman if those damned receivers can't get their +$%# together...

Christine Michael is a gad damn beast... Dude showed off the whole package last night. Said it 1000 times already, but if that offensive line can hold up, theAggies are going to be pretty damn decent offensively. They'd be even better if Sherman would stop *@$%+% around with backup QB and put Ryan Tannehill outwide with Jeff Fuller and the freshmen receivers... They're still not gonna be very good, because even though it looked better last night the defense isstill sub-par, but last night gave Ag fans plenty of reason to believe this ain't gonna be nearly as long a season as 2008, and I still don't think a6-6 season is unrealistic...

Mark Ingram took over that game late for Bama... Dude is in line for a MONSTER year... How long before they start mixing in Trent Richardson?

ACC
smh.gif
laugh.gif
Rough first week...

Still not buying Terrell Pryor. Arm still looks the same as last year...

Okie State could get very scary if Bill Young got that defense lookin like it did yesterday all year... And they get Texas at home...

And I had asked about J Dwyer, caught some of the GT game yesterday... Um yeah.
sick.gif

And for today's PTI-style toss-up... Who ya got?

juicewilliams.jpg
or
Tyrod%20Taylor.jpg

laugh.gif
Scrubby !#* dudes... Makin Jonathan Crompton look like Tom Brady...
This is what I dont get. Its not like the middle of the road teams in the Big 10 or ACC is any better. The MWC has 3 top teams just like every other conference, then there are the bottom feeders. Look at the Big XII, outside of Texas, OU, and Ok State, the rest of the conference isnt that good, especially the Big XII North.
laugh.gif
Stop. The rest of the MWC conference is flat out GARBAGE.Not one of those teams is even average after the Top 3...

Originally Posted by thetruth03

Sam Bradford isnt very smart... how do you leave that much money on the table? what a joke SMH
51533_114442_8.jpg

He's going to have a monster year to even have a chance at sniffing this. How many games do you think he will miss, if any?

laugh.gif
@ Crompton throwing 5 TDs.

Looks like those freshmen all put up some numbers, too. How'd they look on the field, Gunna?

Originally Posted by SaltineWarrior

Originally Posted by thetruth03

Sam Bradford isnt very smart... how do you leave that much money on the table? what a joke SMH
How many games do you think he will miss, if any?
Granted I don't know the severity, but I'd think they'll hold him out for Idaho State and Tulsa as a precaution with the Bye afterthat and try to have him ready for Miami to kick off October...

Honestly Marsalous Teague looked like a potential star.

Hardesty/BB & Teague dominated that glorified scrimmage.

CLK's "USC-like" plan to give Freshman equal opportunities is paying off already. Recruits are seeing, aint no marriage to upperclassmen, if ucome in and compete and produce in practice u will play.
Myles, Petey, BB, Oku, Teague, Janzen & Edwards all played major minutes with the 1s.

I dunno who was worth WKU or Charleston So.
smh.gif

DLo
UGA got WAY too gimmicky for my taste. I know Smith is a sick athlete but them 10 plays they had him on Offense woulda been better served goin to AJ Green.

Still
smh.gif
Marlon Brown gettin Zero clock wit those scrub WRs they got out there

Originally Posted by DLo13

laugh.gif
@ Crompton throwing 5 TDs.

Looks like those freshmen all put up some numbers, too. How'd they look on the field, Gunna?
Brown looked as good as advertised if not better
Nu'Keese had some nice catches, had a solid overall game
Oku didnt see too much time in the backfield, but he showed flashes
Teague had 6 catches, 1 TD, routes looked pretty crisp

I tried to tell y'all PJ was gonna be serious this year weeks ago.

Miami fans are never gonna forgive Shannon for letting him and Bryce go in consecutive years. Every miami board has threads going about all the differentplayers Randy has passed on that are no breaking out for other teams. :smh

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

I tried to tell y'all PJ was gonna be serious this year weeks ago.

Miami fans are never gonna forgive Shannon for letting him and Bryce go in consecutive years. Every miami board has threads going about all the different players Randy has passed on that are no breaking out for other teams. :smh
laugh.gif
only a matter of time for RS

Yea I wasnt gettin it with PJ but last nite was eye opening.

yall be on the look out for that new Dez Avy, comin soon
laugh.gif

Gator Heads, what happened to Jelani Jenkins?
I saw him limp off and never come back...

Will Hill got the nod over Ahmad Black and started at Safety,
Coach Urban Meyer explained afterward, "we're playing whoever's ready"
pimp.gif

Juice is a joke at QB. If I'm Rejus I'm not sticking my neck out for nobody on that Illinois squad - protect your stock son.

Ingram had a showcase game wearing the VT defense down and getting stronger in the second-half. Isn't his dad in jail right now unfortunately?

Couple things from the LSU/Washington game:
Locker looked decent but that pick for a TD was costly. His decision-making/game management just isn't where it should be for a third year starting QB.Meanwhile Jefferson really improved over the offseason. He looked confident in the pocket and threw a bunch of strikes last night. Impressive.

Ok everyone talks about AJ and Julio...rightfully so but let's not forget Terrance Toliver - 4/117/2 TDs. He showed up LaFell in a big way and is in linefor a breakout season
smokin.gif

I see that argument but I'm sure the loss to UF left a bitter taste in his mouth, and who doesn't wanna win a national championship? OUhad a great chance of that going into the season and can still hope with a slim chance only if they win out in a tough Big 12.

I'm not the biggest Bradford fan but he's gonna be motivated and ready to go in 2-3 weeks. Plus he gets Gresham back.

bryce was never coming here once clk got in the picture....and it was a lot of bs around Patrick.....miami just don't have the boosters/media support tocover up the dirtiness.....the media will bring us down in a heartbeat and that is a fact......miami fans need to get that in their %%+@**# heads.....we arenot like everybody else......sorta like how they kissed up to the sc/clem fight but got thrown under the bus w/ the um/fiu fight.....

Miami and Florida State are set to renew their annual rivalry Monday night on national television.

This rivalry draws not just eyes from all over the state of Florida, but also from around the country as well.

Both teams are not quite at the levels they may have been in the past but make no mistake, it's still a fierce rivalry. Anybody in the United States who is watching college football at 8:00 pm on September 7th will be watching this game.

Almost every high school football player in Florida as well as other states loves to watch this matchup each season. Some grew up following the Hurricanes, some grew up following the Seminoles, and some grew up following neither.

Although the game doesn't actually take place until Monday, each of these highly touted recruits already has their own idea of what will transpire. All twenty-four of the following senior prospects hold scholarship offers from the University of Miami.

Each gave his own take on which team will win, his thoughts on the score, and a brief explanation why they chose the team they did.

The Recruits' Picks

S Travis Bell, Glades Central - "Miami wins 36-14 because they're going to play hard, they've reloaded, and they have some great young returners on special teams."

RB Giovanni Bernard, St. Thomas Aquinas - "Florida State wins by 7-14 points because they have a real good offensive line coming back, they have a little more firepower, and Miami's quarterback situation is a little shaky."

WR Corey Brown, Cardinal O'Hara (PA) - "Florida State wins 21-17 because home field advantage is big, Christian Ponder is tough to stop, and I don't know if Jacory Harris can lead them to score enough."

DT Todd Chandler, Northwestern (Miami commit) - "Miami wins 35-34 because whoever wants it the most will come out with the win and Miami's young guys are hungry."

RB Eduardo Clements, Booker T. Washington - "Miami wins by 3-7 points because the defense will be better from last year with Sean Spence, Marcus Forston, and Brandon Harris."

LB Tyrone Cornileus, Stephenson (GA) (Miami commit) - "Miami wins by at least 14 points because they have a lot of talent, the younger talent is coming up, the defense is strong, and they have a great quarterback."

CB Jeremy Davis, Cape Coral (Miami commit) - "Miami wins 28-14 because they've been together for awhile now, everybody has gotten used to each other, and they were all babies last year and now they are grown men."

CB Greg Dent, Glades Central - "Florida State wins 45-38 because they have more experienced players and Miami has a lot of younger players."

WR Quinton Dunbar, Booker T. Washington - "Miami wins 17-14 because their offense will be better than last year and that will make the difference so that they can control the game."

OL Jonathan Feliciano, Western (Miami commit) - "Miami wins by 3 points because Florida State will miss a kick and the end and just because I'm committed."

CB Tony Grimes, Hollywood Hills - "Miami wins by 18 points because they're fired up this year, they're fully prepared, and Florida State lost a lot of talent in the senior class that just left."

WR Michaelee Harris, Northwestern - "Miami wins 38-12 because they have a talented offense and the defense is a little young but better than last year."

LB Javarie Johnson, Dunbar (D.C.) (Miami commit) - "Miami wins 24-21 because I'm biased toward them and that's where I'm committed."

LB Christian Jones, Lake Howell - "Florida State wins by 3-7 points because I was at their spring game and their defense looks great and tough to score against."

OL Arie Kouandjio, DeMatha Catholic (MD) - "Miami wins by 14 points because they've been recruiting so well over the past couple of years so the team is ready to get it done."

OL Brandon Linder, St. Thomas Aquinas - "Miami wins 21-14 because they have more talent, and the younger players have a year under their belt, and their program is headed in the right direction."

WR Ivan McCartney, Miramar - "Miami wins 35-21 because they will prove the doubters wrong and they have a chip on their shoulder."

OL Shane McDermott, Palm Beach Central (Miami commit) - "Miami wins 28-21 because it's finally time for the young players to rise to the occasion and it's a great rivalry."

QB Stephen Morris, Monsignor Pace (Miami commit) - "Miami wins in a really close game but Coach Whipple will have them prepared enough to get the win."

DT Louis Nix, Jacksonville Raines (Miami commit) - "Miami wins 22-21 because last year they lost some close games but the true freshmen are a year older now."

CB Kacy Rodgers, Southlake Carroll (TX) (Miami commit) - "Miami wins in a close game because the Miami players and coaches have been saying that they'll have a better team this season."

DE Lynden Trail, Booker T. Washington - "Miami wins by 3-6 points because it's such a close game every year and it's always tight."

TE Clive Walford, Glades Central (Miami commit) - "Miami wins 28-10 because Florida State always has talent but Miami has Graig Cooper, Travis Benjamin, Randy Phillips, and Jacory Harris."

WR Willis Wright, Miami Springs - "Miami wins by 3-7 points because they've been working hard in practice and people have been doubting them."

He's ready...
pimp.gif

28102343457d4e0931e55ca.jpg

SEC West is going to be a battle this year (Jefferson/Mallett/Snead)
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Arkansas' offense is scary good...defense is suspect
eyes.gif

UGA is who I thought they were, young but definitely a team that hasn't come together yet.
Miss State - gonna take them a few recruiting classes
LSU - Chavis will not be responsible for this team's success this year.
Mike Hartline is definitely a gamer.

My Buckeyes need to get rid of Tressell (been saying this for 3 years straight)
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Barkley/Williams/Johnson/McKnight will do work
smokin.gif

Bama won't be as bad as I expected, but it'll get tougher for them in SEC play, unlike last year and the defenses hadn't felt Ingram

Crompton is still a bum
laugh.gif
good talent coming up for the Vols

ACC might as well get ready for the offseason

Hate seeing Miami where they're at

Cal WILL challenge SC

Clausen is good, but that team is perennial fraud status.

RRod might be done crying at Michigan.

- Virginia got beat by the fairly odd couple
roll.gif
smh.gif

Colt McCoy and co will get on track .. J.Shipley
pimp.gif

Damn Juice
tired.gif

as much hate miami/fsu gets you haters still tune in to our games
pimp.gif
.....i love it....lets set another espn record

I didnt see Texas A&M play, how Michael looked?
11 rushes for 93 yards and 1 TD
1 catch for 9 yards

He busted back-to-back 20 yard runs on one drive that set up Cyrus Gray up for his 13 yard TD.

And I know it was lowly New Mexico, but it was great to see A&M win like they did last night. They haven't played that well against any opponent in along time.

Jerrod Johnson - 31/41 for 349 and 2 TD in the air, 13 for 57 and 1 TD on the ground
Jeff Fuller - 10 for 111 and 1 TD
Von Miller - 3 sacks
pimp.gif

Still not buying Terrell Pryor. Arm still looks the same as last year...

There's no way his mechanic are still the exact same this yr as they were last yr. Hell, watch the texas game. He missed one throw today that I can recall,and that was the pick high..still a catchable ball. Still a lot of room for improvement but he needs to be better at picking up the blitz . He got burned acouple times yest.

I hope Posey is alright. He came out the game early.
Ok everyone talks about AJ and Julio...rightfully so but let's not forget Terrance Toliver - 4/117/2 TDs

Im a big fan of Toliver.

Missed almost all the action past 2 here
frown.gif
but from what I seen from highlights

Sucks Bradford went down
Colt in midseason form
New underclassmen regime in College Station
Okie St. shook off early rust but *## you can't hit receivers anymore? Stillwater homecooking
smh.gif

LSU also looked rusty damn time zone difference they were in a fight
ACC just WOW
Also looks like Ohio St.'s reign may be over in a year or 2 if Rich Rod keeps the speed coming. Pooooooooised frosh's
Mark Ingram, I think I love you
frown.gif

BTW once again Okie St. will be on full upset alert with UH coming to town any Sumlin got them expecting them not to compete but to win. This week's gonnabe hype

Im actually from mark's hometown, and actually he was upperclassmen partner for ABC drills my freshmen year of football. He transeferred to SWA his senior,but I still see him frequently-- I told him the vols were gonna murk the tide this year, and I hope its true haha

http://cincinnati.scout.com/a.z?s=3...URL=http://cincinnati.scout.com/2/895421.html

Make no mistake the University of Cincinnati has a good looking group of players looking tomake their mark at the running back position. While veterans Jacob Ramseyand John Goebel are well known, it's the younger faces that have manyfans looking towards the future.
That future is now and Coach Hinton wasted no time in making sure his players push to reach the next level in theirdevelopment.

"We have an excellent group or running backs to work with and we've got a lot of depth at the position with a lot ofcompetition. We've know we've got to continue to work on learning the game every day and continue to work on the mental and physical parts of the game.We're pushing ourselves and there is a lot of competition here and that is a positive thing. Football is a physical game and our players know they'vegot to be ready when they're called upon."

As for a player pushing forward in his development Darrin Williams has made inroads during camp for reps during the season.

"There is no question Darrin brings a change of speed as compared to John and Jake. With him and Isaiah (Pead) they bring adifferent speed to the field. Darrin Williams can run low to the ground and change the speed on the field. The bottom line is he must be able to be physicaland tough and do the things we need to do."

But while fans may look for the younger players it's the most veteran back that Hinton knows will be there when the bellrings.

"Jacob Ramsey is Mr. Steady Eddy. He works his butt off and brings a lot to the table with his work ethic each and every day.We know he'll always be in the right place."

The other veteran returning has been slowed in camp with an injury but Coach Hinton knows John Goebel brings a very good skill setto the field.

"We missed John during camp and we feel he'll be ready for Rutgers. John does add alot of dimensions as he runs better than some people think and he can catch the ball out of the backfield and can work out in space and make guys miss.He's a very good football player."

While the Bearcats don't have a fulltime fullback on their roster they do have some guys who can fill the void.

"You know we don't really recruit fullbacks so when it comes time we have to go over and steal a few linebackers and seewhat they can do. Many of those guys are former high school running backs and they love to get a snap here or there on the offensive side of theball."

As for what Coach Hinton has been preaching as the team prepares for the season it's back to the basics.

"Being able to pass protect very well and have great ball security is very important. We have to make sure we have great ballsecurity. The game has never changed as many times you beat yourself instead of the other team beating you."

With up to four backs looking for reps the Bearcats will have depth at the position during the 2009 season.

terrelle-pryor-mike-vick.jpg
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom