09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

MWC the best???
smh.gif
.....but i am interested in the air force vs minny match up on saturday....when fsu play byu?
Week after next, I think...

Debose out for the season.......Myer just confirmed it
smh.gif

Hopefully Deonte doesn't drop those TDs in the big games

To flip that statement that recruit said, what was the last4 or 5 star recruit Mike Leach got from a WR standpoint?

Originally Posted by gatorb807

smh.gif

yall will be straight...yall have so many fast small lil !#*$*@% running around
laugh.gif

Heisman Watch: http://espn.go.com/college-football/heisman09/index

Updated: September 8, 2009, 11:15 AM ET

fh_heismanwatch.jpg

[h2]ESPN Experts Poll[/h2]
[table][tr][td]Name[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]School[/td] [td]Year[/td] [td]1st[/td] [td]2nd[/td] [td]3rd[/td] [td]4th[/td] [td]5th[/td] [td]Total[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tim Tebow[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]Florida[/td] [td]Sr.[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]69[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Colt McCoy[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]Texas[/td] [td]Sr.[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]66[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jahvid Best[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]Cal[/td] [td]Jr.[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]41[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Max Hall[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]BYU[/td] [td]Sr.[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dez Bryant[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]Oklahoma State[/td] [td]Jr.[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Daryll Clark[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]Penn State[/td] [td]Sr.[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jimmy Clausen[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]Notre Dame[/td] [td]Jr.[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jacory Harris[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]Miami[/td] [td]So.[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jonathan Dwyer[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]Georgia Tech[/td] [td]Jr.[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mark Ingram[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]Alabama[/td] [td]So.[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Terrelle Pryor[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]Ohio State[/td] [td]So.[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Eric Berry[/td] [td]S[/td] [td]Tennessee[/td] [td]Jr.[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sam Bradford[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]Oklahoma[/td] [td]Jr.[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jacquizz Rodgers[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]Oregon State[/td] [td]So.[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][/table]
ESPN Experts: Brian Bennett, Beano Cook, Rece Davis, Heather Dinich, Brad Edwards, Bruce Feldman, Pat Forde, Tim Griffin, Chris Low, Ivan Maisel, Todd McShay, Ted Miller, Adam Rittenberg, Mark Schlabach and Graham Watson

Originally Posted by Statis22

To flip that statement that recruit said, what was the last4 or 5 star recruit Mike Leach got from a WR standpoint?
Has Kadron Boone verbal for 2010.
Eric Ward in 2009.
Crabtree in 2006.
Marquis Johnson in 2004.
Robert Johnson was a 5 star recruit in 2004.

And lets think of the countless amounts that Texas and OU has had over the years since they became relevant again. Even A&M when they were relevant in the90s

Not much of a track record at any of those schools as far as WR is concerned. Just non sensible shots at Tech for petty reasons imo

Originally Posted by gobucksBC

IYE2,
Your boy JH was running with the ones today.

Good looks man. I think he'll be better off than Russ. I mean, those injuries really set him back
tired.gif

To accommodate their skills, it looks like Kurt Coleman will move from strong safety to free safety and have slightly more coverage responsibilities, and Hines will take over at strong safety, where he can come up more often and help in the run game.

I like that to be honest. It plays to both their strengths. Put Russ at nickel and I think he can flourish there.

And lets think of the countless amounts that Texas and OU has had over the years since they became relevant again. Even A&M when they were relevant in the 90s

Not much of a track record at any of those schools as far as WR is concerned. Just non sensible shots at Tech for petty reasons imo

Texas and Oklahoma receivers aren't completely dismissed by NFL scouts like Tech's have been before Crabby... They may flop in the NFL, but doesn'tthat go back to his point about the NFL offense A&M is going to? Texas A&M's receivers haven't been completely overlooked by scouts in the pasteither, and the pro-style offense Sherm is implementing will better prepare kids for the NFL than Tech's offense. That's pretty much all he'ssaying, and I see nothing wrong with it. Say what you want about the respective success or lack thereof for the two programs, but the fact remains A&M isstill putting more kids on NFL rosters than Texas Tech. There's a reason for it.

stoops better change OU style of play to the way it was when he put them back on the map Lock Down D and just run the ball

he got enough talent and depth on D to win alot of there games, now when they face the big boys that O will have to find a way to do something

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

stoops better change OU style of play to the way it was when he put them back on the map Lock Down D and just run the ball

he got enough talent and depth on D to win alot of there games, now when they face the big boys that O will have to find a way to do something

He needs to cut out the no-huddle BS while Landry Jones is back there... Munch the clock and shorten the game. Keep the defense off the field as long as youcan and keep them fresh. They got talent on D, and so does Texas, but the no-huddle score as fast as you can crap everybody is going to wears your own defensedown as much as it does your opponents if you aren't smart about it...

I have a general question for you guys. if you were in Sam Bradford's position and the team doctors told you that you should be back in 2-4 weeks would youtrust the team or would you seek a second opinion?

Joel Filani got drafted
nerd.gif
Drafted in the 6th round as the 25th or so WR taken coming off back-to-back First Team Big XII years and never made a roster... You sure you wannause that as an argument?
nerd.gif
I have a general question for you guys. if you were in Sam Bradford's position and the team doctors told you that you should be back in 2-4 weeks would you trust the team or would you seek a second opinion?

Having passed up all that money for Oklahoma once already, and having huge money potentially on the line again with this decision, you go get asecond opinion... That coaching staff will understand. Or at least they should. It'd look awful on them if they gave him any problems with going thatroute...

Originally Posted by aepps20

I have a general question for you guys. if you were in Sam Bradford's position and the team doctors told you that you should be back in 2-4 weeks would you trust the team or would you seek a second opinion?

2nd opinion

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Joel Filani got drafted
nerd.gif
Drafted in the 6th round as the 25th or so WR taken coming off back-to-back First Team Big XII years and never made a roster... You sure you wanna use that as an argument?
nerd.gif
Having passed up all that money for Oklahoma once already, and having huge money potentially on the line again with this decision, you go get a second opinion... That coaching staff will understand. Or at least they should. It'd look awful on them if they gave him any problems with going that route...

And Wes Welker wasn't drafted but he's carved out a nice career for himself. It's what you do once you get there right?
wink.gif

But sure that was a reach but I was just pointing out players can get looks even if they play in these gimmicky systems Didn't stop Donnie Avery when hewas the first receiver taken last year. Or (insert Florida wideout here). No matter the small sample I may use

And Wes Welker wasn't drafted but he's carved out a nice career for himself. It's what you do once you get there right?
wink.gif

But sure that was a reach but I was just pointing out players can get looks even if they play in these gimmicky systems Didn't stop Donnie Avery when he was the first receiver taken last year. Or (insert Florida wideout here). No matter the small sample I may use
Wes has done well for himself... But not before going undrafted, being cut, used as a special teams guy/4th receiver for a couple of years inMiami, and damn near being cut again by Miami in 2006... All that after a career at Tech where he was a two-time All-American, one of the best return men inCFB history, and set school career records for all-purpose and receiving yards at a time when 97 grabs for 1100 yards his senior year ranked him in the Top 5single-season performances for a receiver in Tech history...
laugh.gif

Their receivers have been ENTIRELY disregarded by NFL scouts before Michael Crabtree this year... And him busting out would be a bad, bad thing for thatprogram when it came to recruiting receivers with NFL aspirations...

Well Tech is basically writing their history on the fly it seems

And I can get what you and him are saying, I just think his reason is a little.............. weak, and he really wants to play in College Station.

Plus we ain't getting nowhere. Can talk Texas football for days lol. Nice posts btw

Regarding that Nate Askew comment, consider this...just less than 6 months ago, he was quoted as saying that he liked Tech's offense, and that Crabtree wasone of his favorite players.

It seems pretty amazing what committing to one school can do to your thoughts about a rival...good to see he's already getting into the rivalry. He seemedpretty worried about A&M's offense since his high school runs the ball a lot (can't blame them since they have Aaron Green at RB), so I guessseeing A&M pass the ball 50 times against New Mexico made him a little happy. Uzoma Nwachukwu and Nate Askew are gonna bring that Terrence Murphy swag backto College Station. Just what we need...

And having Nolan Cromwell on the staff helps a whole lot. Hell of a WR Coach...

-Ciante Evans committed to Nebraska. Probably not much of a name to people outside of the Big 12, but he had some pretty good offers.
-Chris Whaley apparently showed up to Texas 10 lbs. over the weight he was asked to report at. Supposedly he's having problems adjusting to the intensityof the college game as well. Henry Melton all over again?
-I really like the Tyler Bray to Tennessee move. He could make that offense really solid by the 2011 season. Ol' girl checkin his name tag must have donesomething right...
-Kiffin wants to schedule OU, USC, Nebraska, and tOSU (how many of these were actually deals were started or actually completed before he arrived?). Apparentlyit will be OU starting in '14, NU in '16, tOSU in '18. This guy is doing whatever it takes to get Tennessee back into the national picture. I loveit...

What do y'all think about NBC's list of top 5 QB's of all time?
1. Tommie Frazier (Nebraska)
2. Tim Tebow (Florida)
3. Matt Leinart (USC)
4. Sammy Baugh (TCU)
5. Danny Wuerffel (Florida)

Would another MNC move Tebow up to #1? Or is he already there for you?

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

Originally Posted by gatorb807

smh.gif

yall will be straight...yall have so many fast small lil !#*$*@% running around
laugh.gif
true true...

Back
Top Bottom