09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

I am not discreditng him because he wasnt a 1st Round Pick. Ken Dorsey was playing on the 33rd NFL team.
What is Tim Tebow playing on, William and Mary? Leinart was out there leading Duke?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

All them stories about Mack Brown and the Horns staff having to put together scrap books of positive articles and highlight reels of great plays for Vince and show them to him to keep him motivated and getting too down on himself don't say nothin to ya?
just like the Stories you hear of VY putting that team on his back durning leading up to the Rose bowl VS Michigan and everything he did after that.
So you really think he's the kinda leader Tim Tebow is?

The dude had to have his ego stroked by Mack and the staff on a regular basis to keep him from mentally breaking down his first two years in Austin... What hedid in the Rose Bowl and in that 2005 season was great, but he's not Tim Tebow.

You think Urban Meyer at any point has had to put together a highlight reel to tell Tim how great he was or put together a package of press clippings that saidpositive things about him to keep his head from exploding?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

All them stories about Mack Brown and the Horns staff having to put together scrap books of positive articles and highlight reels of great plays for Vince and show them to him to keep him motivated and getting too down on himself don't say nothin to ya?
just like the Stories you hear of VY putting that team on his back durning leading up to the Rose bowl VS Michigan and everything he did after that.
So you really think he's the kinda leader Tim Tebow is?

The dude had to have his ego stroked by Mack and the staff on a regular basis to keep him from mentally breaking down his first two years in Austin... What he did in the Rose Bowl and in that 2005 season was great, but he's not Tim Tebow.

You think Urban Meyer at any point has had to put together a highlight reel to tell Tim how great he was or put together a package of press clippings that said positive things about him to keep his head from exploding?
laugh.gif

Remembering all that stuff about VY in college makes it a lot easier to see why he has failed in the NFL currently as well.

i never said he was a better leader then Tebow, Ironman pretty much said VY was no leader at all which is wrong

i never said he was a better leader then Tebow, Ironman pretty much said VY was no leader at all which is wrong
I gotcha now... And I agree.

Vince was a leader, but he really only took on that role and accepted it for the final 14 games of his college career... His freshman year and most of hissophomore season, the dude supposedly had to be stroked and pampered to keep his head in things...

Originally Posted by tmay407

Regarding that Nate Askew comment, consider this...just less than 6 months ago, he was quoted as saying that he liked Tech's offense, and that Crabtree was one of his favorite players.

It seems pretty amazing what committing to one school can do to your thoughts about a rival...good to see he's already getting into the rivalry. He seemed pretty worried about A&M's offense since his high school runs the ball a lot (can't blame them since they have Aaron Green at RB), so I guess seeing A&M pass the ball 50 times against New Mexico made him a little happy. Uzoma Nwachukwu and Nate Askew are gonna bring that Terrence Murphy swag back to College Station. Just what we need...

And having Nolan Cromwell on the staff helps a whole lot. Hell of a WR Coach...

-Ciante Evans committed to Nebraska. Probably not much of a name to people outside of the Big 12, but he had some pretty good offers.
-Chris Whaley apparently showed up to Texas 10 lbs. over the weight he was asked to report at. Supposedly he's having problems adjusting to the intensity of the college game as well. Henry Melton all over again?
-I really like the Tyler Bray to Tennessee move. He could make that offense really solid by the 2011 season. Ol' girl checkin his name tag must have done something right...
-Kiffin wants to schedule OU, USC, Nebraska, and tOSU (how many of these were actually deals were started or actually completed before he arrived?). Apparently it will be OU starting in '14, NU in '16, tOSU in '18. This guy is doing whatever it takes to get Tennessee back into the national picture. I love it...

What do y'all think about NBC's list of top 5 QB's of all time?
1. Tommie Frazier (Nebraska)
2. Tim Tebow (Florida)
3. Matt Leinart (USC)
4. Sammy Baugh (TCU)
5. Danny Wuerffel (Florida)

Would another MNC move Tebow up to #1? Or is he already there for you?
Take out Tebow and Leinart. Insert Detmer and Ward.

I can say Dorsey top 10, but not top 5.

Jevan Snead, McCluster and about 20 other guys at Ole Miss tested positive for Swine flu...

Jevan Snead, McCluster and about 20 other guys at Ole Miss tested positive for Swine flu...

Jesus. They going to quarantine the whole team?

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Jesus. They going to quarantine the whole team?
i thought they did that already?

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Frankly the MWC doesn't have enough of a history, at least the hot teams at the moment, to warrant such recognition. Utah just became relevant this decade. BYU is the only school with some success outside of this century. TCU has been respectable, but lately they have been folding like a lawn chair.
The only gripe the MWC has is that it is better than the Big East, yet it is a BCS conference.

The Big East doesn't have any tradition rich Football Program. Not even a former powerhouse in the mix, that is currently in the dumps. Talk all you want about the Big XII North, at the end of the day, Nebraska is still Nebraska.

The MWC shouldn't be a BCS Conference. The Big East shouldn't either, they are lucky that the current system was drawn up while Miami, VTech and BC were still in the Big East.

Pitt is most certainly a tradition rich football program. West Virginia has a great program and they have enjoyed plenty of recent success. Finishing in theseason ranked in the Top 10 for 3 straight seasons (2005-2007) is no small feat... also ranked in the Top 5 at some point during each of those seasons.

As for the MWC, it was the 3rd best conference in college football in 2008, only the Big XII and SEC were better. Air Force is a quality program. They werevery close to cracking the Top 25 late in the season last year. But a conference like the MWC isn't gonna be strong every year. You can hate on the BigEast, but the ACC has been suffering through a significant down period. You have to go all the way back to the 2000 season to find a ACC team in the Top 5 ofthe end-of-season AP poll.

BCS conference designations shouldn't be set in stone. They should change year-to-year to reflect which 6 conferences are currently the strongest..

Back
Top Bottom