09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by tmay407

What do y'all think about NBC's list of top 5 QB's of all time?
1. Tommie Frazier (Nebraska)
2. Tim Tebow (Florida)
3. Matt Leinart (USC)
4. Sammy Baugh (TCU)
5. Danny Wuerffel (Florida)

Would another MNC move Tebow up to #1? Or is he already there for you?
I dont think Tebow or Leinart should be in that list. Tebow will be #1 if he wins the NC and the Heisman this year.

Leinart was the goods bro idk. Could have put Flutie, Peyton or Vince on the list too. List looks solid tho

Originally Posted by 18key

2. Tim Tebow (Florida)
3. Matt Leinart (USC)
4. Sammy Baugh (TCU)

I dont think Tebow or Leinart should be in that list. Tebow will be #1 if he wins the NC and the Heisman this year.

I know I'm going to get the "homer" card, but I think you need to flip flop Matt Leinart and Tim Tebow. That is crazy that you think theydon't belong on that list. They both won the Heisman and they both led their team to two National Championships (I don't want to hear about the split,it is acknowledged, we won the AP title in 2003). Leinart was minutes away from leading the Trojans to a unprecedented third consecutive National Title, notto mention the loss was probably the greatest college football game every played (just came out on the wrong end.). Saying he doesn't belong on the listis ridiculous.

During his three years as a starting QB, the Trojans only lost 2 games (37-2). A triple overtime loss to Cal (Thank You Hershell Dennis,
smh.gif
) and a 3 pointloss to Texas in the National Title game. Matt made it look easy. His game management at USC was
smokin.gif

I hate Tim Tebow, but I know he already belongs on the list.

-Kiffin wants to schedule OU, USC, Nebraska, and tOSU (how many of these were actually deals were started or actually completed before he arrived?). Apparentlyit will be OU starting in '14, NU in '16, tOSU in '18. This guy is doing whatever it takes to get Tennessee back into the national picture. I loveit...
Kiffin may be an #$# with a big mouth. He puts his doesn't just talk the talk, he walks the walk. At least he tries. I would love toplay UT, especially if Kiffin is still coach. Hell, we haven't been able to book an SEC squad since we put a whoopin' on Auburn and ended their titlehopes in 2003. Then dismantling Arkansas despite their prolific backfield.

Better leader Vince or Tebow?

Tebow and it isn't even close. Vince was just a physical beast.

Originally Posted by 18key

2. Tim Tebow (Florida)
3. Matt Leinart (USC)
4. Sammy Baugh (TCU)

What about my man Ken Dorsey? He was a heisman finalist twice, but couldn't win it. His W-L record though was insane, and he has a National Championship.

Ken Dorsey basically won 2 NC's and only lost one game his whole career. Only reason he didn't win a Heisman is because he was on the same team asMcGahee in '02.

He is top 5 no question.

Exactly what i came in here to post.

If yall goin put Matt Leinart, Dorsey should be mentioned

only why people leave dorsey off is because he had "lots" of talent around him......well every one of those qb's did.....difference is miami hadplayers who actually made an impact in the nfl instead of fade away like these other dudes
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Statis22

Tebow... Timmy did it from the jump at Florida...

All them stories about Mack Brown and the Horns staff having to put together scrap books of positive articles and highlight reels of great plays for Vince andshow them to him to keep him motivated and getting too down on himself don't say nothin to ya? VY is my dude, but he ain't Tim Tebow...

Vince put that team on his back and dominated in 2005... Tebow played a big role on a National Champion as a freshman and has had Florida on his back since theday he took the starting job...

I'm with IronMan here... It ain't all that close to me... Vince really did it for a year... Tebow goin on four...

never mind let me change that.....Leinart stats are actually sorta crazy compared to Dorsey.....erase everything i said....can you really put Vince top 5 offof 1 year????? honestly i dont think so....but his last year was crazy #'s wise

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

All them stories about Mack Brown and the Horns staff having to put together scrap books of positive articles and highlight reels of great plays for Vince and show them to him to keep him motivated and getting too down on himself don't say nothin to ya? VY is my dude, but he ain't Tim Tebow...

Vince put that team on his back and dominated in 2005... Tebow played a big role on a National Champion as a freshman and has had Florida on his back since the day he took the starting job...

I'm with IronMan here... It ain't all that close to me... Vince really did it for a year... Tebow goin on four...
I'll give you his freshman year, but to say Vince only did it for one year?

This word is totally overused today, but that team had a swagger in those Rose Bowl seasons that I don't even completely see now with Colt. That was adirect result of Vince Young. I see why people would pick Tebow, but the "not even close" stuff is what I don't get, considering how much VYchanged things at Texas.

Originally Posted by Wings90

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

All them stories about Mack Brown and the Horns staff having to put together scrap books of positive articles and highlight reels of great plays for Vince and show them to him to keep him motivated and getting too down on himself don't say nothin to ya? VY is my dude, but he ain't Tim Tebow...

Vince put that team on his back and dominated in 2005... Tebow played a big role on a National Champion as a freshman and has had Florida on his back since the day he took the starting job...

I'll give you his freshman year, but to say Vince only did it for one year?

This word is totally overused today, but that team had a swagger in those Rose Bowl seasons that I don't even completely see now with Colt. That was a direct result of Vince Young. I see why people would pick Tebow, but the "not even close" stuff is what I don't get, considering how much VY changed things at Texas.
[table][tr][td]2003[/td] [td]84[/td] [td]143[/td] [td]1,155[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]135[/td] [td]998[/td] [td]7.4[/td] [td]11[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2004[/td] [td]148[/td] [td]250[/td] [td]1,849[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]167[/td] [td]1,079[/td] [td]6.5[/td] [td]14[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2005[/td] [td]212[/td] [td]325[/td] [td]3,036[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]155[/td] [td]1,050[/td] [td]6.8[/td] [td]12[/td] [/tr][/table]

He only put up crazy numbers his jr year. He did have a nice Rose bowl game against Michigan in 04 though. I think VY helped bring some toughness to UT becausethey were pretty damn soft under Mack before then. BUT, I will also point out that they started getting a lot tougher once they got legit DC's like GregRobinson and Gene Chizik (and now Muschamp).

All them stories about Mack Brown and the Horns staff having to put together scrap books of positive articles and highlight reels of great plays for Vince and show them to him to keep him motivated and getting too down on himself don't say nothin to ya?
just like the Stories you hear of VY putting that team on his back durning leading up to the Rose bowl VS Michigan and everything he did afterthat.

Back
Top Bottom