09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Yeah, Cox played a great game. Trying to get some 1st round money. He certainly has the measurables. Not to mention his impact on ST

got ncaa clearance a day before his first game.

smh.gif
if only he was better in the classroom hed be at sc right now.

Rumors are floating around that both Bradford and Gresham could be out for the year...

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

Originally Posted by tmay407

Rumors are floating around that both Bradford and Gresham could be out for the year...
Bradford is out for the season.
Link ?

Contacted one of my guys that plays, but as far as a link, best I could find.

NEWS 9's Dean Blevins learned it is a grade 3 sprain, which means there's probably a torn ligament.

Some players come back in a few weeks, but many have surgery and are out for the season.

Blevins said there's not a lot of optimisim in Norman about Bradford or Jemaine Gresham, who has cartilage damage in his right knee and didn't play in the season opener.

Blevins said he would be surprised if Sam Bradford plays again this year, but hopes he's wrong

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=11084748

He'd risk too much if he came back without the surgery IMO.

[h1]John Chavis' LSU defense starts slowly in win over Washington[/h1][h3]by James Riley, The Times-Picayune[/h3]
SEATTLE - The era of defensive coordinator John Chavis at LSU got off to a rockystart Saturday night at Washington, though the Tigers eventually escaped witha 31-23 win.

Chavis' reign over the revamped LSU defense started when Washington began the game's first possession at its 15-yard line. A few minutes later,Washington had moved 85 yards in 10 plays and scored a touchdown.

The Tigers gave up 478 yards to Washington, a team with a first-year head coach in Steve Sarkisian and a team that has now lost 15 straightgames.
http://
The Tigers created two turnovers, including one interception for a touchdown by middle linebacker Jacob Cutrera.

The key play of the telling opening drives was a 51-yard pass from Huskies quarterback Jake Locker to backup tailback Johri Fogerson on third-and-12, a badomen for an LSU defense that had trouble stopping Washington on third down all night.

Complete coverage from The Times-Picayune

LSU Tigers defeat Washington Huskies 31-23 in season opener

LSU fans learn art of 'sailgating'

LSU traveling pros descent on Seattle

Photo gallery

In-game updates

Replay: Pregame chat

Washington converted 10 of 15 third-down situations and made its only attempt on fourth down.

On the Huskies' second possession, Cutrera tipped a pass into the air and returned it 29 yards for a touchdown.

After LSU's kickoff, the Huskies marched 62 yards on eight plays before a fumble, recovered by Patrick Peterson on a botched handoff, ended thedrive.

The next challenge came after a short punt and a long return gave the Huskies the ball at the LSU 24. After two incompletions and an 8-yard run, the Huskiessettled for a field goal to tie the score at 10.

In the first half, Washington had 14 first downs, ran 42 plays for 296 yards and converted seven of nine third-down situations. On the flip side, theHuskies' two turnovers allowed the Tigers to lead 17-13 at the half.

Things got better for Chavis and the Tigers' defense in the third quarter when they held Washington to two first downs and 35 yards. Still, the Huskiesended up with 22 first downs overall.

Chavis replaced the duo of Bradley Dale Peveto and Doug Mallory, who were fired after LSU allowed 325.5 yards a game and 24.2 points a game last season.

Known affectionately as "The Chief" (he is the only Native American to serve as a coordinator at a major college), Chavis played middle guard atTennessee from 1976-78. He was the former defensive coordinator at Alabama A&M and took over as defensive coordinator at Tennessee in 1995 and held thatposition for 13 years before coming to LSU.

Washington outgained LSU 478-321.

FEELING AT HOME: With the team's purple-and-gold colors so very close, it made for a congenial tailgate party north of HuskyStadium.

Inevitably someone wearing purple and gold would shout: "Go!" The response was unpredictable whether Tigers or Huskies was the dominant answer,although it seemed there was always someone with a dissenting opinion.

"The people here are so nice," Angie White of Lake Charles said. "Of course, everyone keeps complimenting me on the color of this LSUsweatshirt. When you look around, it feels a lot like being at home."

FAMILIAR FACE: Mark Emmert, the LSU chancellor from 1999 through 2004 and now the president of the University of Washington, hired formerLSU coach Nick Saban and Sarkisian.

Saban inherited a 3-8 team and won a national championship in his fourth year. Sarkisian takes over a one-proud program that has fallen on hard times.

Emmert also agreed to the hiring of Ty Willingham and fired Willingham after he went winless last season. In five seasons, Willingham's record at UW was17-42.

ROAD WEARY: The 11th-ranked Tigers made the longest road trip in team history, traveling 2,033 miles from Baton Rouge to Seattle.

The Tigers were scheduled to return home today in preparation for their home opener Sept. 12 against Vanderbilt.

The Tigers are 6-0 playing the furthest from home. The Tigers beat USC 23-3 in Los Angeles on Sept. 29, 1984; beat Holy Cross 26-7 in Worcester, Mass., onOct. 7, 1939; beat Arizona State 35-31 on Sept. 10, 2005; beat the University of Havana 56-0 on Dec. 25, 1907; and beat Arizona 59-13 in Tucson on Sept. 6,2003.

NO COMMON GROUND: One thing is certain: LSU and UW do not compete for recruits. No players from Washington state made the traveling rosterfor LSU and there are no Huskies from Louisiana.

The last meeting between the teams came on Sept. 24, 1983, at Tiger Stadium. LSU won 40-14 in front of 82,390. There were 69,161 in attendance inSeattle.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

You guys think Bradford will go to the draft after this year or return to college for another year???

At this point, that's a tough question to answer. Depends on whether he gets surgery or not

He gets it and is out for the season, he'll come back for another season. If he doesn't get the surgery and tries to come back, getting it repairedduring the offseason, he'll go into the draft IMO.
nerd.gif

6a00d83451c3cb69e20120a5a48cef970c-320wi

�� 3. Could not believe my eyes when I looked down on the field before the game Saturday and saw Tim Tebow doing pre-game sprints�while pushing a little boy in a wheelchair. The boy's name was�Boomer Hornbeck, a 7-year-old from Atlanta who suffers from�cerebral palsy. An hour before kickoff, while Tebow warmed up,�he�pushed Hornbeck's wheelchair as he ran.

�� Afterward, Tebow said it was the most memorable moment of the game for him.

� "It was so cool to see the look on Boomer's face," Tebow said. "It was a special moment for him. He'll remember it and that's what's meaningful."

when u feel like hope is goneee Look inside u and be strong
You'll finally see the truthhhh that a Tebow lies in youuuuuu

Gus had Kodi in the wildcat
pimp.gif

First outing as OC - Passing = 255yds Rushing = 301yds .. here we go again
sick.gif

Auburn is going to give a few teams some trouble

btw

Tebow is that dude
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Yeah, Cox played a great game. Trying to get some 1st round money. He certainly has the measurables. Not to mention his impact on ST
Does he play well against the run? I have never payed much attention to Okie state defense for obvious reasons
laugh.gif
. Both Cox's in that game made AJ invisible.

I did enjoy watching Gerald McCoy. Holy balls, that dude is a beast.

My goodness...I know he was good but watching him run down the line like a gazelle if any one grades out Dunlap over this guy they are clownin

P.Cox is damn good, he just aint take it seriously til now. cus he sees them dollar signs.
F563649.jpg
F559861.jpg

$ is a helluva motivator. Dude hit the WEIGHTROOM HARD too. he look like he 200 lbs now.

he showed em somethin when he outjumped AJ on that one pass tho.
smh.gif
NTers callin for PI
smh.gif
get outta here

that pass break up (you posted a pic earlier GUNNA) was suh-weeet. dude got some air under those legs to swat the ball down
pimp.gif

no bs but is Tim Tebow like Jesus on earth.....
laugh.gif
....i can't even hate this dude anymore.....he does no wrong......lol

He definitely swole up this is the Perrish Cox I remember

lead620.jpg

But yea come on bruh on August 31st? Get your license mannn
[h1]OSU defensive back Perrish Cox arrested for driving with a suspended license[/h1]

STILLWATER - Oklahoma State cornerback Perrish Cox Jr. was arrested for driving with a suspended license on Friday. The Stillwater Police Department confirmed the arrest to The Oklahoman on Monday.

medium

OSU's Perrish Cox addresses the media in this Dec. 17, 2008 photo by Steve Gooch.

[h3]
video_icon.gif
Featured Video[/h3]

The senior from Waco, Texas, is the Cowboys' lone returning starter in the defensive secondary. He will and likely be counted on to help defend Georgia standout sophomore A.J. Green, when the Bulldogs visit Boone Pickens Stadium on Saturday in the season opener for both football teams.
"I am aware of it," OSU coach Mike Gundy said after practice on Monday. "We handle all those things internally."
We gonna see more of what he can really do this year and if he can run because im sure he is going to be playing a lot more man this year. I hopehe exposes Jordan Shipley for the fraud he is
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

no bs but is Tim Tebow like Jesus on earth.....
laugh.gif
....i can't even hate this dude anymore.....he does no wrong......lol

I can't wait till he kills a prostitute in a cocaine driven rage.

If Dunlap has got those issues w/ his motor under control, then I think he'll grade out higher. At least, athletically.

Back
Top Bottom