09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by DLo13

Them dudes ghost again?

I seen the one cat drop the Michigan sig for a Cleveland Cavs sig real quick...
nerd.gif
roll.gif

Rich rod back on the hot seat?

laugh.gif
EnYwhateverhisnameis

Those black helmets were fresh yesterday that UGA had on and the black pants too...appropriate since they were at their own funeral

damn Storm Johnson...we were on that kid, got him to visit. just read he ain't even visited Miami.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

As far as Taylor Mays finally getting criticism from ESPN,
smokin.gif
. Hopefully it will help Taylor get his head out of his %!%. I've facepalmed many times this year watching Taylor try and get the "ESPN Top 10" hit instead of doing what is right fundamentally, which is going for the no-glory swat of the ball. Taylor makes you go
eek.gif
at times and then
smh.gif
smh.gif
in pass coverage. His fundamentals are doo-doo.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
@ You still having faith in that dude
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
Yeah, it sounds like a have faith
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Its all good the ******** will draft him....him and LaRon Landy will start in the pro bowl

Originally Posted by DLo13

Them dudes ghost again?

I seen the one cat drop the Michigan sig for a Cleveland Cavs sig real quick...
nerd.gif
Its always that way. Last year it was only 4 people with UMich sigs.

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

wildKYcat wrote:

yeah, we still have a really good shot with EKU and Vandy still left (UGA and UT as well.)
Unless something has changed dont you need to have at least 6 wins against FBS teams? If thats still the case EKU doesnt matter, and UK will not
beat UGA or Tennessee...

Only 1 win against FCS teams counts for bowl eligibility.

Mike Gundy looked like a shaken coach after they didn't review the Sexton strip. They came out way too flat.

Kembrell Thompkins committ to UTk

Snatches chain back from demarco Cobbs

b0435511e797482bab4b037ecd26cc99ff767c8.jpg

welcome
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
The 'Lane Train' as some fans affectionately refer to the Tennessee football program, kept rolling on Sunday night, picking up a commitment from junior-college wide receiver Kenbrell Thompkins of El Camino Community College in Torrance, Ca.

Thompkins (6-foot-3, 190 pounds) joins an impressive group of receiving talent already in the fold, and ostensibly replaces what the Vols lost earlier this week when Demarco Cobbs de-committed and picked Texas.

[table][tr][td]
KENBRELLTHOMPKINS6_5200.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rivals.com rates Thompkins as a four-star prospect.[/td] [/tr][/table]In Thompkins the Vols get a physically mature receiver with 'plus' downfield speed, and a player who appears to have the tools to compete for immediate playing time.

He picked Tennessee without having even set foot on the Knoxville campus.

"I talked to Lane Kiffin tonight and told him I was ready to commit," Thompkins said of his decision. "He had a lot of good things to say about what he's seen from me on tape and what he thought I could do in their offense.

"He told me that he's looking for a big-play wide receiver that can come in and compete next year. I told him I'm the man for the job. I'm going to be wearing No. 1 too. That's my number and coach Kiffin told me it was mine when I got there."

Tennessee got an up-close look at Thompkins when offensive coordinator Jim Chaney was at El Camino two weeks ago to scout his quarterback, Matt Simms. Tennessee is still evaluating Simms, but saw enough from Thompkins to make him a priority following that scouting trip.

Without the benefit of an official visit to put Tennessee over the top, Thompkins obviously saw something in the program to seal the deal. The 'deal-clincher' as it were, according to Thompkins, was Lane Kiffin.

"I love Lane Kiffin. That's what sold me on Tennessee more than anything," Thompkins said. "He's cocky and he doesn't care to speak his mind. He wants his name out there and he doesn't care what other people think about it."

One case of getting his name out there in a big way occurred last week when hip-hop mogul Lil' Wayne dropped Kiffin's name in a song.

Like most every other prospect in the nation, Thompkins noticed.

"That's not why I picked Tennessee or anything like that, but it is really cool to think that coach Kiffin's name is out there like that, and he's cool with it. That's great," Thompkins offered.

Thompkins, originally from Liberty City, Fla. was thought to be a hard Florida lean this fall, but that's obviously no longer the case. There had been some rumblings that Florida had 'backed off' Thompkins, but the prospect himself indicated that he had not heard that from the Gators' staff.

He picks Tennessee over offers from Alabama, LSU, Florida State, Arizona and Arizona State among others.

"I wanted to get back to the South to play and everyone knows about the SEC, that's the best," Thompkins said. "I love the situation at Tennessee and what Coach Kiffin has going on."

Thompkins reports that he will graduate in December, making it possible for him to enroll in January and take part in what will be an important spring practice for him.

Rivals.com rates Thompkins as a four-star prospect.

I was wondering what happened to Matt Simms

Weren't Chris Simms and Cadilac Williams committed to Tennessee @ one point back in the day?

Lil Wayne is about to help Lane Kiffin land all the big name recruits
laugh.gif

Any Weezy d-rider is gonna run to UT just off of his name in one bar off a mixtape

Nu'keese skipped practice supposedly unhappy about playing time.....Lane will address it Tuesday

Gunna you heard anything about this?? :
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by gatorb807

Nu'keese skipped practice supposedly unhappy about playing time.....Lane will address it Tuesday

nerd.gif
That boy Nuke can't get open, he angry about PT but he hasn't asserted himself as a premier UT WR yet... he has a LOT of competition todeal with also. He need to fix that attitude

Originally Posted by Statis22

Vince Young's slow ether is still seeping though the confides of Southern California.
nerd.gif

Confines*

and if i was you i'd be more concerned with why my qb threw for 559 yards and 5 scores, and you only won by a touchdown.

Originally Posted by gatorb807

nerd.gif

yea I heard, I was tellin Dre about it earlier Sunday.
Pete been homesick, and he got some issues. first if he mad about PT, he better tighten up cus if he cant crack the line up at UT with them WRs that shouldtell u something. IMO he homesick cus he aint playin.

the times he's played he's been avg at best, whiffing on punts C'mon son.
grin.gif
U better than that.

CLK tryin to be cool and easy with him cus he's a freshman and sometimes they have rough adjustment periods,

If thats me, I kick him in the !$#, let him know u can bounce and head to palm beach community college and do what you want pump gas in the muck. BrandonWarren's a better WR and u see where tryin to buck got him, U can go to and we'll be fine. but thats just me.

If he think its bad now just wait til next yr when the real WRs get on campus not the hold overs from the Fulmer regime. He need to be trying to get as good ashe possibly can.

btw they tell me BW is a beast on them pick up campus hoop games
tired.gif

Im around those courts just about every day and only seen him play once. He's hoopin out there, but basically every Football player that goes up there isjust bullyin folks

Back
Top Bottom