09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by Lazy B

eek.gif

47-20?!

What happened?
the better overall team won.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

yeah, we still have a really good shot with EKU and Vandy still left (UGA and UT as well.)
Unless something has changed dont you need to have at least 6 wins against FBS teams? If thats still the case EKU doesnt matter, and UK will notbeat UGA or Tennessee...

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

yeah, we still have a really good shot with EKU and Vandy still left (UGA and UT as well.)
Unless something has changed dont you need to have at least 6 wins against FBS teams? If thats still the case EKU doesnt matter, and UK will not beat UGA or Tennessee...

we went to a bowl game last year at 6-6, including a win vs. Norfolk State.

Unless something has changed dont you need to have at least 6 wins against FBS teams? If thats still the case EKU doesnt matter, and UK will not beat UGA or Tennessee...

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

?

[table][tr][td]
USATODAY.com

Rank Team (first-place votes) Record Points Last week
1. Florida (50 8-0 1,463 1
2. Texas (4) 8-0 1,395 3
3. Alabama (5) 8-0 1,390 2
4. TCU 8-0 1,182 6
5. Boise State 8-0 1,176 5
6. Iowa 9-0 1,161 8
7. Cincinnati 8-0 1,150 7
8. Oregon 7-1 1,079 12
9. LSU 7-1 1,062 9
10. Penn State 8-1 966 10
11. Georgia Tech 8-1 934 11
12. Ohio State 7-2 730 15
13. Southern California 6-2 729 4
14. Pittsburgh 7-1 694 17
15. Houston 7-1 672 16
16. Utah 7-1 567 19
17. Miami (Fla.) 6-2 549 18
18. Oklahoma State 6-2 371 13
19. Arizona 5-2 320 24
20. Oklahoma 5-3 313 23
21. Notre Dame 6-2 281 25
22. Wisconsin 6-2 204 NR
23. California 6-2 197 NR
24. Virginia Tech 5-3 193 14
25. Brigham Young 6-2 106 NR

Dropped out
No. 20 West Virginia (6-2, lost to South Florida 30-19), No. 21 South Carolina (6-3, lost to Tennessee 31-13), No. 22 Mississippi (5-3, lost to Auburn 33-20).

Others receiving votes
South Florida (6-2) 65; West Virginia (6-2) 51; Texas Tech (6-3) 49; Auburn (6-3) 46; Clemson (5-3) 18; South Carolina (6-3) 15; Idaho (7-2) 8; North Carolina (5-3) 8; Central Michigan (7-2) 7; Boston College (6-3) 5; Navy (6-3) 5; Rutgers (6-2) 4; Tennessee (4-4) 4; Duke (5-3) 3; Kansas State (5-4) 1; Temple (6-2) 1; Troy (6-2) 1.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

i can't get over boise being ranked higher than cincy...

i mean i know and understand why, i just don't think it should be.

Yea, Storm put them in the lead like 2 days ago. thats great recruiting by the Canes.

so yall gonna be droppin Hall?

Tario
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
@ us moving up. We scratching by on talent alone. We have a bunch of recruiters andnobody who can coach. We will never be legit until we get a real OL. This team has so many flaws i don't even wanna think about it.
smh.gif
What's sad is Randy's gonna get extension and we're gonna be stuck withhim for awhile. I'm convinced the AD, president, etc will be acceptable of a mediocre football team so long as our arrest record stays clean. Which ismisleading because all Randy does is scrape !*$$ under the rug and disguise suspensions as "injuries". F this complacency. We're not going to begreat for awhile.

We had 10yds of O in the 2nd half before that last drive yesterday. We didn't win. Wake lost.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

As far as Taylor Mays finally getting criticism from ESPN,
smokin.gif
. Hopefully it will help Taylor get his head out of his %!%. I've facepalmed many times this year watching Taylor try and get the "ESPN Top 10" hit instead of doing what is right fundamentally, which is going for the no-glory swat of the ball. Taylor makes you go
eek.gif
at times and then
smh.gif
smh.gif
in pass coverage. His fundamentals are doo-doo.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
@ You still having faith in that dude
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

laugh.gif
@ us moving up. We scratching by on talent alone. We have a bunch of recruiters and nobody who can coach. We will never be legit until we get a real OL. This team has so many flaws i don't even wanna think about it.
smh.gif
What's sad is Randy's gonna get extension and we're gonna be stuck with him for awhile. I'm convinced the AD, president, etc will be acceptable of a mediocre football team so long as our arrest record stays clean. Which is misleading because all Randy does is scrape !*$$ under the rug and disguise suspensions as "injuries". F this complacency. We're not going to be great for awhile.

We had 10yds of O in the 2nd half before that last drive yesterday. We didn't win. Wake lost.
QFT

At this point I'd rather fire Shannon and promote Whipple because at least the O is somewhat competent. Shannon is a fraud and I can't take itanymore. The same errors the team made in year one is the same mess we see today (poor tackling, crappy strength and conditioning, predictable defensivescheme). When Coker was the coach the talent was the issue but with Shannon the coaching is clearly the problem. Look at Arthur Brown and ask yourself whyShannon can't coach him up to the point where he sees the field? You take AB and put him with Monte Kiffin, Charlie Strong, etc and he would be a beastbut under Randy Shannon he only plays on special teams. As I said, it's easy to look like a defensive guru when you have guys like wilfork, vilma, andReed holding it down for you. I'm happy that the guys go to class and stay out of trouble but that does you no good when the coaches except for Whippleknow how to actually coach football. As Gunna has said in the past, you combine a semi competent coach with the talent Miami has and the Wake game yesterdayisn't exactly close.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

As far as Taylor Mays finally getting criticism from ESPN,
smokin.gif
. Hopefully it will help Taylor get his head out of his %!%. I've facepalmed many times this year watching Taylor try and get the "ESPN Top 10" hit instead of doing what is right fundamentally, which is going for the no-glory swat of the ball. Taylor makes you go
eek.gif
at times and then
smh.gif
smh.gif
in pass coverage. His fundamentals are doo-doo.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
@ You still having faith in that dude
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
Yeah, it sounds like a have faith
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

FSU coaching staff
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Come on.

Swear to god if we missed out on Greg Dent because we kept slow playing his offer
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
$+%.

Heard he just committed to Miami. The shortly afterwards we finally offer his scholly.

(-_-)

Them dudes ghost again?

I seen the one cat drop the Michigan sig for a Cleveland Cavs sig real quick...
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom