09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Originally Posted by dreClark

GTownBaller23
I was reading this Sporting News article last night and dude was like your man Joe Haden could vault into a top-5 pick if he improves on the year he had last year.

Not G-Town but he needs to have a monster year to go into the top 5. I honestly don't understand the mad love for him. Janoris is easily the best coverage corner on our team. Could be because Joe didn't play CB unti FR year but the NFL really won't care about that. Unless he improves exponentially he needs to come back and spend another year under Vance who is among the best in the business. Physically Joe has everything you want in a CB but he needs to refine his skills. I expect him to be back, simply to play with his bro.

Suprised about the Joe info. Also agree that Joe may be a bit overrated. imo His athleticism makes up for everything. He's not bad. He is a very good CBbut there are some parts to his game that could improve. ^Agree on Janoris. If I remember correctly, he was taking Julio for most, if not all, of the SEC champgame last year. ^Believe that scouts agree that Janoris is the best cb on our team but he's just so young - can't remember a cb having a better truefreshman year than Janoris.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

this gonna be one of the weakest classes of CBs in a while, and their all about the same talent, so no way a team leaps up to top 5 and grabs someone they can get foreseeably late 1st/early 2nd

^. Joe won't fall into the 2nd round though. Best believe he will def have a
eek.gif
type draft combine performance. From what I've heard from bball players at scrimmages this summer: at 5'11, he can dunk between his legs off adrop step and can stick his elbow in the rim.

Think someone posted earlier about the Joe's younger brother being a stud and maybe better than Joe. His youngest brother, Jonathan, in 8th grade, issupposedly light years ahead of kids his age and all the Hadens expect him to be the best of the bunch. He'll be a RB... Their Dad, Haden Sr, runs an NFLdraft combine prepartation type company up in Maryland - that might help them a little bit.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

what the hell is Randy Shannon doin down there?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
We're not taking Todd Chandler anymore....

So I have no idea.

-_- you joking right???.....unless he dont have the grades cause it is hard to get the slow ones in at miami

laugh.gif
They turnin away Top 250 kids in their own backyard now? Jesus Christ...

The guy who runs Miami Scout site, and is as legit is they come says he won't be in this class. That it's the staff's decision, not Chandler's.Considering he has a reputation to protect, and keeps in personal contact with the staff, and Chandler....I don't think he'd be making it up.

Combine that with the fact Chandler himself said he hasn't heard from Miami coaches in awhile....

The reason I've heard is because of his height, but I haven't heard an exact reason why we're not taking him.

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

BYU gonna pull off the upset week 1. OUTRIGHT

as far as dogs,
Im on BYU & Nevada
pimp.gif

I'm a BYU fan and I don't see them beating Oklahoma. But I will welcome it and praise your wisdom (and cower at my sad fanhood) if they do win. I am however picking Nevada. ND is so overrated...but what's new?
Although its usually easy for people to pull the "ND is overrated" card and they are going to get upset. That is NOT the case this year. ND is going to be very good this year especially with their favorable schedule. Only 4 road games and none of them beyond winnable.

They will go 9-3 IMO and possibly even 10-2. Their offense is
eek.gif
with Tate, Floyd, Rudolph, Kamara and finally a solid O-line to protect Clausen. The defense will be much better than in recent years as well. ND beats Nevada 31-14.

Why is it then okay to give ND a pass on the easy schedule and not give it to teams like Utah or Penn State (who people say have soft schedules when they're harder than ND's)? Let's be real, ND's toughest opponent is USC. That's ONCE they will be an underdog. Utah plays ranked foes in BYU, TCU, and Oregon this year. ND plays one, and the rest aren't even close. It's ridiculous the size of a free pass this program gets year in and year out.
They play Michigan every year who will be good again soon they just happen to be down. So they play Michigan and USC every year which are usuallytwo perennial powerhouses and are playing Michigan St, Boston College and @Pitt and @UConn. They also play @ Stanford who may not be a ranked team but will bea very good football team. Notre Dame's schedule is MUCH tougher than Penn St or Utah I merely said it was favorable.

First 3 games for Penn St are: Akron, Syracuse, Temple...3 weeks later they even play Eastern Illinois!

Utah does play Oregon, BYU and TCU but Notre Dame's schedule although comparable is tougher.

indifferent.gif

Im speechless..are their any cane fans left to defend this clown?

Why takin his verbal if you goin cut him loose?

Thats dirty as !!@%..and how is a guy who carved FSU up last year not handling ANY returns?

Watch we get blown the %@%! out now..
smh.gif

randy is a *%%#!% idiot....his height??? if it don't work out then just don't reup his @$#@ or something or tell him he wont play......but to not evenlet him in the door is absurd....
smh.gif

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

if it don't work out then just don't reup his @$#@ or something
Probably the last thing you wanna do to a kid out of MNW.

Is this the kid who was intentionally ran over? Or do I have him confused w/ somebody else?

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

if it don't work out then just don't reup his @$#@ or something
Probably the last thing you wanna do to a kid out of MNW.

Is this the kid who was intentionally ran over? Or do I have him confused w/ somebody else?

thats true but this still aint gonna be good if its true.....

[h1]Ex-Cowboy TE accused of rape[/h1]
Posted by John Taylor on September 3, 2009 1:37 PM ET
According to a report in Oklahoma State's student newspaper, the Daily O'Collegian, former tight end Jamal Mosley wasaccused by an OSU female student of raping her inhis college dorm room.
The allegations surfaced after a judge unsealed a protective order against Mosley. It was unsealed after the judge dismissed the order because no one involved showed up at the hearing yesterday.

OSU police confirmed that there was an ongoing investigation into a campus rape at Davis Hall -- the TE's former residence -- but refused to confirm that Mosley was involved.

Meanwhile, in the petition for the protective order, the female student alleges that Mosley brought her to his dorm room at Davis Residence Hall about midnight on Aug. 22.

The student reported being "very intoxicated" and passing out with few recollections of the night. She woke up in her own apartment the next morning and suspected she had been raped.

In the protective order, the student said before she went to the hospital, she received a text message from Mosley stating that she left her camera in his room. The student said the sheets from Mosley's room, her clothing and her camera "have been sent in for testing.

Earlier this week, Mosley suddenly and unexpectedly left the football program. The official explanation given by head coach Mike Gundy for the departure was "personal reasons".

The Knoxville News Sentinel reported yesterday that Mosley had expressed an interest in transferring to the Volunteers and could visit the school on Friday. It's uncertain what effect, if any, this will have on their level of interest.

[table][tr][td]
Rivals.com 2009 Top 100 Players Countdown

[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]http://vmedia.rivals.com/...hotofeature/2pxdot.gif); background-repeat: repeat-x;">
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

No. 2: Tennessee SS Eric Berry

F581773.jpg

[/td] [/tr][/table]No. 2: Tennessee SS Eric Berry
THE PARTICULARS: 5-11/203, Jr.; Fairburn (Ga.) Creekside

THE BUZZ: As explosive as most offensive players, Berry may be the best player in the nation regardless of position. He hits like a linebacker, has the coverage skills of a cornerback and runs like a tailback. In two seasons, Berry has 12 interceptions, which he has returned for 487 yards - 15 short of breaking the NCAA career record owned by Terrell Buckley. He also had 72 tackles last season despite playing with an injured shoulder.

[table][tr][td]
Rivals.com 2009 Top 100 Players Countdown

[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]http://vmedia.rivals.com/...hotofeature/2pxdot.gif); background-repeat: repeat-x;">
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

No. 1: Florida QB Tim Tebow

F581772.jpg

[/td] [/tr][/table]No. 1: Florida QB Tim Tebow
THE PARTICULARS: 6-3/245, Sr.; Ponte Vedra (Fla.) Nease
THE BUZZ: He's college football's brightest star and one of the nation's biggest sports personalities. Enjoy Tebow while you can. He already has won a Heisman and two national championships in an already-iconic career. Tebow's Brahma-bull running style and improving passing game make him the ultimate dual threat. Couple that with an ability to inspire and impeccable off-field character, and it's easy to see why Tebow could become the top college football player of all time.

Originally Posted by lowslows

indifferent.gif

Im speechless..are their any cane fans left to defend this clown?

Why takin his verbal if you goin cut him loose?

Thats dirty as !!@%..and how is a guy who carved FSU up last year not handling ANY returns?

Watch we get blown the %@%! out now..
smh.gif
I'm done with RS. We need a new coach ASAP.

[h1]Ex-Cowboy TE accused of rape[/h1]
Posted by John Taylor on September 3, 2009 1:37 PM ET
According to a report in Oklahoma State's student newspaper, the Daily O'Collegian, former tight end Jamal Mosley was accused by an OSU female student of raping her in his college dorm room.
The allegations surfaced after a judge unsealed a protective order against Mosley. It was unsealed after the judge dismissed the order because no one involved showed up at the hearing yesterday.

OSU police confirmed that there was an ongoing investigation into a campus rape at Davis Hall -- the TE's former residence -- but refused to confirm that Mosley was involved.

Meanwhile, in the petition for the protective order, the female student alleges that Mosley brought her to his dorm room at Davis Residence Hall about midnight on Aug. 22.

The student reported being "very intoxicated" and passing out with few recollections of the night. She woke up in her own apartment the next morning and suspected she had been raped.

In the protective order, the student said before she went to the hospital, she received a text message from Mosley stating that she left her camera in his room. The student said the sheets from Mosley's room, her clothing and her camera "have been sent in for testing.
Earlier this week, Mosley suddenly and unexpectedly left the football program. The official explanation given by head coach Mike Gundy for the departure was "personal reasons".

The Knoxville News Sentinel reported yesterday that Mosley had expressed an interest in transferring to the Volunteers and could visit the school on Friday. It's uncertain what effect, if any, this will have on their level of interest.

Hope this isn't true, but if it is... What is wrong with these dudes? If one girl ain't gonna give it up, step outside the dorms and takea quick stroll around campus. You'll find one that will.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Raping a girl on a college campus as an athlete... SMH

i mean the dude is short as hell....especially when it come to leverage....but still this dude got alot of talent for that size.....until i see an articlesaying his scholly was pulled then i'm not believing +*%%

Some of those OU receivers gonna have to step up to fill that void Gresham gonna leave

Big big deal

According to Shannon, VT is going to start. That's what he said at a news conference after the depth chart was released...

Episode 2 of my friend's and I's podcast on the Big 12 is up.

We talked Baylor's play by play guy about their game vs. Wake Forest this weekend and talked to an OU beat writer about their game vs. BYU. Check it outgood interviews.

Very disappointed about Gresham's injury. Hopefully he can be back by the Red River shootout. Real pumped about heading to STL this weekend to watch myTigers beat Illinois. M-I-Z

http://bigtwelvecc.podomatic.com/

Back
Top Bottom