09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Maybe this'll dead all this Mountain West Conference CRAP... Ignore the Top 3... We know about TCU, Utah, and BYU... The whole "Top 3 is as good as *" argument is ridiculous and ******ed. I don't need to get into why...

I ran down the schedules of the other CURRENT members of the conference since 2002 vs. BCS teams and vs. what I call quality mid-major programs.. That group includes the Big Four (TCU, BYU, Utah, and Boise) and then I added in any non-BCS teams they played that were ranked the week they played... Then I tallied records against TCU, BYU, and Utah since 2005 when the current MWC was put together... Obviously that's a little simplistic, but after looking at how it shakes down I don't feel the need to dig any further...

Here's the rundown...

Wyoming
vs. BCS -- 5-10
vs. Ranked BCS -- 0-1
vs. Quality non-BCS -- 3-20
vs. Ranked non-BCS -- 0-7
vs. TCU, BYU, Utah since 2005 -- 2-10 (0-3 when those teams are ranked)
Bowl eligible 2 times; 1-0 in bowls

Air Force
vs. BCS -- 2-5
vs. Ranked BCS -- 0-1
vs. Quality Non-BCS -- 5-17
vs. Ranked non-BCS -- 0-8
vs. TCU, BYU, Utah since 2005 -- 2-12 (0-5 when those teams are ranked)
Bowl Eligible 4 times; 0-3 in bowls

San Diego State
vs. BCS -- 0-13
vs. Ranked BCS -- 0-1
vs. Quality Non-BCS -- 3-17
vs. Ranked non-BCS -- 0-6
vs. TCU, BYU, Utah since 2005 -- 2-11 (0-4 when those teams are ranked)
Bowl Eligible 1 time; Not Invited

UNLV
vs. BCS -- 4-8
vs. Ranked BCS -- 1-0
vs. Quality Non-BCS -- 4-17
vs. Ranked non-BCS -- 1-6
vs. TCU, BYU, Utah since 2005 -- 1-13 (0-5 when those teams are ranked)
Bowl Eligible 1 time; Not Invited

New Mexico
vs. BCS -- 5-12
vs. Ranked BCS -- 0-2
vs. Quality Non-BCS -- 6-13
vs. Ranked non-BCS -- 1-3
vs. TCU, BYU, Utah since 2005 -- 2-10 (0-2 when those teams are ranked)
Bowl Eligible 6 times; 1-4 in bowls

Colorado State
vs. BCS -- 5-12
vs. Ranked BCS -- 1-1
vs. Quality Non-BCS -- 4-18
vs. Ranked non-BCS -- 0-5
vs. TCU, BYU, Utah since 2005 -- 1-13 (0-3 when those teams are ranked)
Bowl Eligible 4 times; 1-3 in bowls

Just so we're clear... Since 2002 the bottom of the Mountain West is rockin' a collective:
-- ZERO Final AP or USA Today Top 25 finishes...
-- 21-60 vs. BCS Teams
-- 2-6 vs. Ranked BCS Teams
-- 25-102 vs. Quality Non-BCS Teams (TCU, BSU, Utah, BYU and ranked non-BCS teams)
-- 2-35 vs. Ranked Non-BCS Teams
-- 10-69 vs. TCU, BYU, and Utah since 2005 when the current MWC was formed and have yet to beat one of those teams while they were ranked...
-- 3-10 in Bowl Games with two teams having not played in a bowl at all...

sick.gif
Case closed.
Now, go back and compare that with Duke, North Carolina, Maryland, Syracuse, Louisville, Baylor, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Missisippi State, Vanderbilt, Washington, and Washington State if you would really like a comparison. Dont act like Duke, Baylor, Vanderbilt, and Washington State are holding it down for the bottom of their conference.
The schools you listed all have at least one major conference championship/national championship within the past 30 years, and all boast winpercentages hovering around the .500-.650 range.

Several of them (Washington State, Louisville, Colorado, Illinois, Washington, Washington State) were all in the national title picture in recent memory anduntil a few years agos all considered serious BCS contenders, so I have no idea why you chose to list them as bottom feeders who have done nothing for theirconferences...

in comparison name a non-bcs conference team besides the big 4 that's done ANYTHING relevant to the national title picture.

seriously.

in fact, name a team not named boise st. or utah that's even beaten competition that at season's end could have been considered a national titlecontender...

go ahead.

and before you say "well, tcu..." remember that oklahoma team they beat, finished 8-4. they weren't even a january bowl contender.

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

Damn, they're doing Dez dirty
smh.gif

QFT

NCAA always let these dirtball coaches do what they want but always go after the players. What Dez did was wrong but I don't like this one bit.

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

So all Dez did was talk to Deion?

That's it?
The talking to Deion wasn't what got him in trouble...It was lying to the NCAA about his contact with him that did. Still this is so trivialand just stupid IMO. FREE DEZ!!

smh.gif

so the NCAA is some great truth seeking organization?

coaches & players lie every week about practice hours and sign legal documents perpertrating a fraud.
booster cash.
good ole boy hiring process.

they choose to take a stand here... here at a lie about going to visit Deion. unbelievable.
good show NCAAssholes
#%$@%% Hypocrites son.

Originally Posted by gobucksBC

[font=arial, helvetica][font=Times New Roman, serif]CB Boubacar Cissoko kicked off U-M's team[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, serif]
By MARK SNYDER
FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER
[/font]
[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica]Sophomore cornerback Boubacar Cissoko has been kicked off the Michigan football team, his high school coach, Thomas Wilcher of Detroit Cass Tech, said tonight.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica]"He missed class, missed workouts," said Wilcher, who said he spoke to a U-M assistant coach and Cissoko today.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica]Cissoko, a 5-foot-9, 177-pounder, was suspended three weeks ago by U-M coach Rich Rodriguez, missing the Iowa and Delaware State games. He slowly worked his way back into the lineup and was reinstated late last week, playing a bit at cornerback against Penn State on Saturday.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica]"Now he's got to make something, because he blew it," Wilcher said.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica]Asked about Cissoko earlier this week, Rodriguez repeated himself, saying Cissoko's reinstatement was "day-to-day."[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica]Cissoko played mostly on special teams early last season and ended up moving into the cornerback rotation as the season moved along. By season's end, he had played in all 12 games and made two starts as a true freshman. He also returned kickoffs, including a 41-yarder against Michigan State. He had 15 tackles.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica]He and J.T. Floyd battled for a starting job at cornerback throughout fall camp, with Cissoko winning and starting the first four games of this season. He had a rough game against Notre Dame as the Irish attacked his side of the field.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica]Against Indiana, he was beaten on a bomb early in the game and replaced by Floyd, who started the next week against Michigan State.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica]Floyd became sick, so U-M moved safety Troy Woolfolk to cornerback, where he has solidified himself as a starter.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica]Cissoko ended up with 16 tackles, one interception and two pass breakups this season.[/font]
Boo Boo is a $%!%%%+ idiot. Dude had multiple chances. He has been absolute BUNS for us this year anyway & is undersized. Good riddance.

Hopefully this helps us lock up Cullen Christian...
ohwell.gif

We need DB help/depth BADLY (hell, we need help almost everywhere)...
smh.gif

we all did then we had a PYP in S&T like 2 years ago and dude posted his picture and it was like 2 straight pages of "
eek.gif
DLO IS WHITE?"
laugh.gif

legit question....

When are SEC teams going to get some more flak for playing weak #@@ OOC opponents? Florida's only worthy opponent to date is LSU (road). I give credit to Bama (VTech in Blacksburg and Georgia (Ok State, ASU). These schools refuse to leave the confines of the South.

I know it's because ESPN keeps shoving it down our throats like the Red Sox/Yankee's, but the SEC is the only conference that get's credit for beating up on each other?

USC losing to Oregon State in Corvallis: "Another misstep by SC in the Pac 10".

Florida losing at home to Ole Miss: "That just shows you how tough the SEC is [slurp]".

It's not that hard to figure out, perception in this case really is reality. Just look at since the BCS has been implemented in 1998...5 BCS champions..12-4 record in BCS games all time...the most players in the NFL currently, etc. One main reason is that the defensive talent is so rich in this conference across the board even for the so called bottom feeders and as has been proven over the past years, a great defense will beat a great offense every single time.

It seems to me that you have a problem b/c SC doesn't get the same benefit for playing one big OOC game every year (ND doesn't count) and the rest of their schedule being basically cake for the most part. USC has just run over that conference for so long and has so much more talent than everyone else in the Pac-10, that is really is an embarrassment when they lose to a team who didn't even win a game last season (in Washington), or a teams that have no business being competitive with them at all (UCLA, Oregon St). Maybe if someone besides SC steps up and actually is good year after year, the Pac-10 will get more respect from the media.

Stop selling !!#+*$#% we know the prices!

laugh.gif

Do you really believe everything you just typed.

Calling SC's schedule "cake",
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
. ND does count, sorry to tell you. Cross country rivalry game.

Beating Ohio State, Notre Dame and Cal on the road. We another big road test in Autzen.

Like I said earlier ND, UCLA and USC are the ONLY schools to never schedule a Division IAA opponent.

You really think Oregon State is a bad program?
roll.gif

Like I said what makes a loss to a 9-4 Oregon State team on the road worse than a loss to a 9-4 Ole Miss team at home?

Oregon State lost to Stanford, Penn State, Utah and Oregon.

Ole Miss lost to Wake Forest, Vandy, South Carolina and Alabama.

What are Florida's credentials? Charleston Southern
laugh.gif
, Troy
laugh.gif
, Florida International
laugh.gif

When will Florida have the balls to travel West for an OOC game?

I can't wait until these frauds lose.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

legit question....

When are SEC teams going to get some more flak for playing weak #@@ OOC opponents? Florida's only worthy opponent to date is LSU (road). I give credit to Bama (VTech in Blacksburg and Georgia (Ok State, ASU). These schools refuse to leave the confines of the South.

I know it's because ESPN keeps shoving it down our throats like the Red Sox/Yankee's, but the SEC is the only conference that get's credit for beating up on each other?

USC losing to Oregon State in Corvallis: "Another misstep by SC in the Pac 10".

Florida losing at home to Ole Miss: "That just shows you how tough the SEC is [slurp]".

It's not that hard to figure out, perception in this case really is reality. Just look at since the BCS has been implemented in 1998...5 BCS champions..12-4 record in BCS games all time...the most players in the NFL currently, etc. One main reason is that the defensive talent is so rich in this conference across the board even for the so called bottom feeders and as has been proven over the past years, a great defense will beat a great offense every single time.

It seems to me that you have a problem b/c SC doesn't get the same benefit for playing one big OOC game every year (ND doesn't count) and the rest of their schedule being basically cake for the most part. USC has just run over that conference for so long and has so much more talent than everyone else in the Pac-10, that is really is an embarrassment when they lose to a team who didn't even win a game last season (in Washington), or a teams that have no business being competitive with them at all (UCLA, Oregon St). Maybe if someone besides SC steps up and actually is good year after year, the Pac-10 will get more respect from the media.

Stop selling !!#+*$#% we know the prices!

laugh.gif

Do you really believe everything you just typed.

Calling SC's schedule "cake",
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
. ND does count, sorry to tell you. Cross country rivalry game.

Beating Ohio State, Notre Dame and Cal on the road. We another big road test in Autzen.

Like I said earlier ND, UCLA and USC are the ONLY schools to never schedule a Division IAA opponent.

You really think Oregon State is a bad program?
roll.gif

Like I said what makes a loss to a 9-4 Oregon State team on the road worse than a loss to a 9-4 Ole Miss team at home?

Oregon State lost to Stanford, Penn State, Utah and Oregon.

Ole Miss lost to Wake Forest, Vandy, South Carolina and Alabama.

What are Florida's credentials? Charleston Southern
laugh.gif
, Troy
laugh.gif
, Florida International
laugh.gif

When will Florida have the balls to travel West for an OOC game?

I can't wait until these frauds lose.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

child-sad-on-computer.jpg
sad_puppy.jpg

[h3]FSU signee Willie Downs leaves JC football due to unspecified "personal issues"[/h3]
Willie Downs is the player FSU fans salivated over after seeing him dominate on defense during the Army All-Star Game. But in an exclusive interview with ChantRant, Downs' JC coach told us the Lincoln High grad quit the program before the season was over.

Here's what we learned from Tim Hatten, Head Coach of Pearl River (Ms.) Community College, where Downs enrolled in August after not qualifying at FSU.

"Willie left our program after the sixth game. He had some personal issues and left campus. When he was here he had a good season for us. He was a really good player. But he's got issues I think he needs to resolve to be any kind of football player. He had a Plan A, we were Plan B, now he's going to Plan C."

Do you expect him back next season?
"I don't know if has an intention to come back, but he won't be coming back to our program. That's my decision."
Can you describe the issues he had?

"I really don't know what those issues are. But I just know that in a structured environment, he just has a hard time handling that. And I think it might be related to why he didn't qualify (at FSU).

"My suggestion is for him to go to community college there in Tallahassee, not play, use that as his redshirt year, and graduate. Then he'd have three years to play three."

Does he have the talent to be a D-1 player?

"Yeah, he does. But I think he needs to get his act together and decide what Willie Downs wants to do. Not what somebody else wants Willie Downs to do.

"I think a lot of is, every time you take a kid who has a chance to go to an FSU or Miami or Florida, and then they step on campus at a community college, I think reality hits them in the face. They think the competition's not going to be stiff. We have a lot of great athletes who are here for the same reason Willie was -- they didn't qualify. Second, they see their friends that they were recruited with on TV. And if you're not real strong mentally, it kind of wears on you a little bit.

"But he is a great football player. I think he can play for anybody. But he's got to go to class at that school and be a college student."

Did he contribute on defense as well as playing receiver?

"More at receiver, but I think he's a better defensive player. More like a strong safety type. He roams the center field pretty good when we played him on defense. He made some plays like you'd expect a Division-1 athlete to make."

Note: After five games at Pearl River, Downs had 24 receptions for 402 yards and three TDs. He also returned kicks and played some safety.

Do you think he can do college level class work?

"This is not a dumb kid. He scored a 19 in math on the ACT. His academic issues were back in high school, in terms of making sure his core GPA coincided with his ACT score. And he didn't have his core classes. Now he's got to graduate from a community college to be eligible for Division-1 football. And I'm sure Jimbo Fisher knows that."

Do you think Willie is a good kid at heart?

"Yeah, I think he's a great kid. He's just got some issues he's got to work out in terms of communicating. But he's a great kid. I've got a ten-year old son who just loved him. It kind of broke his heart when I told him Willie went home.

"I don't resent Willie for making the decision that he made. I wish he's stayed, but I told Coach Fisher that I'd help him any way that I could."

indifferent.gif
tired.gif

Beamer was complaining about the cut blocks.

Naturally, Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson wasn't pleased by Virginia Tech's allegations, responding by telling the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, "They got out-schemed. So, it's illegal to out-scheme them, I guess. We blocked them the same way we blocked them a year ago, and they weren't complaining when they won."

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

we all did then we had a PYP in S&T like 2 years ago and dude posted his picture and it was like 2 straight pages of "
eek.gif
DLO IS WHITE?"
laugh.gif
yeah and everyone thought I was white.

Back
Top Bottom