09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

laugh.gif

Someone break down what this was in reference to?

laugh.gif
"If u dont want ya head football coach talkin bout 'we had the flu all in his coaches show' or 'we may have been physically and mentallytired' all in his press conference; COME TO DEATH ROW!"

Originally Posted by dreClark

"Smoke weed, talk @#%@ like Coach Kiffin"

- Wayne Carter.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

The Vols gonna have the #1 recruiting class for the next couple years
laugh.gif
.. I expect a Tennessee logo on Mr. Carter when they start winning again.

Weezy seems hungry again, can't wait for that mixtape to drop this weekend..

@LaneKiffinUT: looking forward to another great practice today and a huge game saturday...also a huge shout-out to Lil Wayne for boosting our street cred!

laugh.gif

"We're Lil Wayne fans," Kiffin said following the Vols' physical, high-intensity Wednesday practice. "We've played him a number of times out here before (in the team's practice music selections). So I guess we're getting a little street cred."
laugh.gif

"Sure it is" a recruiting tool, Kiffin acknowledged. "You're dealing with kids in the age frame, we're dealing with them all the way from eighth-graders to seniors in high school, so the more we're out there, the better. It's good."

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
"If u dont want ya head football coach talkin bout 'we had the flu all in his coaches show' or 'we may have been physically and mentally tired' all in his press conference; COME TO DEATH ROW!"
suge-knight-knocked-out.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

the word is Urban is turning the recruitment back up on James Louis after they slow played him because Dunkley isnt a Lock anymore. they are a lil concernedwith UT

laugh.gif
It was after the A&M game last week...

Somebody asked how Tech beats KSU by 45, KSU beats A&M by 40+, and A&M comes to Lubbock and kicks the crap outta Tech... That was his answer.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

it was reference to the Tech players feelin they was just gonna show up and whup A&M.

they were believing everything they were hearing and didnt put in the work or come to play

Daniel Lincoln

Looked like the Tennessee kicker's field goal tries were low and weak all day, perhaps due in part to an unreported leg injury. As in, Lincoln didn't report it to trainers and coaches. That's a no-no.

smh.gif
They havent let him practice all week and theres a new kicker. My dude's career might be over cus he def aint kickin next yr with Palardycomin in

Race for No. 1
Who finishes with the No. 1-ranked recruiting class?

-- Jeff from Dallas
-----

[table][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [td]
SHARIFFLOYD15JD08200.JPG
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Penn State currently checks in at No. 2 and is still in the mix for top defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd.[/td] [/tr][/table]Right now the top-ranked school is Texas. The Longhorns have gone wire to wire thus far, but I don't see how they can hang on to the No. 1 spot simply because they won't have the numbers.

Then you have one of the nation's big surprises in Penn State at No. 2. Who said Joe Paterno couldn't recruit? He's putting together a stellar class, and the Nittany Lions still have some giant recruits on the board like defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd and running back Marcus Lattimore that they could land. Will it be enough for Penn State to win the mythical recruiting national championship?

Doubtful.

So who's in play for the top spot come National Signing Day 2010? I think the top class falls to USC, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, LSU or Notre Dame. All have a chance to secure the nation's top recruiting class. Sure, that is a half dozen schools, and these six are fighting for many of the same elite prospects. But it's too hard to project at this time which school will finish on top.

It would surprise no one to see USC finish with the No. 1 class. Certainly there has been no team that has recruited like the Trojans since 2000. I have said it before and I will say it again, they dominated this decade in recruiting like Florida State did in the '90s.

Pete Carroll and his Trojans are in the hunt with so many elite players from all over the country. They may not be the leader in many of these cases, but you just can't dismiss Carroll and his program when they are involved. So be very aware of USC with running back Lache Seastrunk, wide receivers Chris Dunkley, Darius White and Christian Green, tight end Christian Thomas, offensive linemen Seantrel Henderson and Chaz Green, defensive linemen Jackson Jeffcoat, Ronald Powell, Ricky Heimuli, George Uko and Floyd, linebacker Jordan Hicks, Jeff Luc, Christian Jones and Josh Shirley, and defensive backs Dietrich Riley, Anthony Jefferson, Josh Shaw and Demetrius Wright and athlete Marquis Flowers. You just never know with USC.

If USC just lands its typical "share" from this group, look out.

[table][tr][td]
CHRISTIANGREEN5_21200.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Christian Green is one of the big names left on the board for the Gators.[/td] [/tr][/table]I thought before this recruiting season that the Gators would have a shot at finishing No. 1. Florida is coming off a national title, it is ranked No. 1, there is so much talent in its home state and Urban Meyer and his staff want to certainly close better than they did this past February. Those are all ingredients for putting together an outstanding class.

The Gators' recruiting board is loaded with high caliber prospects like wide receivers Christian Green, Kenny Stills, Ivan McCartney and Dunkley, offensive tackle Chaz Green, defensive end Powell, Jeffcoat, Owamagbe Odighizuwa and Chris Martin, defensive tackle Floyd, linebackers Hicks, Christian Jones and Luc, defensive backs Shaw, Tony Jefferson, John Fulton, Cody Riggs and Lamarcus Joyner.

If the Gators get their share from the players listed above, they could prove tough to beat.

Alabama has proved it can recruit with anyone in the nation. After all, the Tide have finished with back-to-back top-ranked recruiting classes, and the future in Tuscaloosa looks bright under coach Nick Saban.

Once again the Tide should surge over the coming three-plus months, especially if they can close with big-time prospects like linebacker C.J. Mosley, cornerbacks Dequan Menzie, Mike Harris and Fulton, safety Keenan Allen, offensive linemen Arie Kouandjio, James Stone and Damien Robinson.

LSU had No. 1 all locked up this past season until it lost a couple of key recruits late in cornerback Janzen Jackson (Tennessee) and wide receiver DeAngelo Benton (Auburn). The Tigers finished No. 2 behind the Crimson Tide.

Once again, finishing atop the recruiting rankings could hinge on a couple of key recruits like running back Seastrunk and wide receiver Trovon Reed. Other key prospects on the Tigers' board are defensive end J.R. Ferguson, running backs Jakhari Gore and Alfred Blue and wide receiver James Wright.

[table][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [td]
812673.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Can Lane Kiffin and the Tennessee staff pull another big surprise?[/td] [/tr][/table]My sleeper here is Tennessee. Last season, the Vols proved rather quickly they are a coaching staff to be reckoned with in recruiting after they came out of nowhere to land running back Bryce Brown and wide receivers Nu'Keese Richardson and Marsalis Teague.

The Volunteers are currently in striking distance of the top spot, and all of a sudden find themselves near the top with such prospects as linebacker Luc and offensive tackles and Jawuan James and Chaz Green. They are also working blue-chip recruits like wide receiver Dunkley, running backs Michael Dyer and Seastrunk, linebacker Jones, cornerbacks Terrence Mitchell and Menzie. Then, you have to worry about some committed prospects that Lane Kiffin and his staff will put the full-court press on like quarterback Jesse Scroggins, offensive lineman Shon Coleman, linebacker LaDarius Owens and safety Matt Elam.

Really, there's no prospect you can sleep on with Tennessee. This staff is that good. They are relentless.

I thought there was one team out there this year that would benefit more than any other in recruiting with a good season on the field and that team is Notre Dame. The Irish have done just that and find themselves sitting with quite a few big-time blue-chip prospects like offensive linemen Henderson, Matt James, James Stone and Brandon Linder, defensive linemen Louis Nix and Ferguson, athlete Anthony Barr, defensive backs Joyner and Riggs and others. A few key recruits should fall to Notre Dame, and the Irish will certainly find themselves in the mix for No. 1.

So will it be USC or Florida at the top spot? Can Alabama three-peat? Will LSU get the key recruits to claim No. 1? Will Kiffin and Tennessee shock the recruiting world once again? Can Notre Dame sneak by everyone? Regardless of what happens over the next 70 days, it should be the wildest recruiting ride ever, as what these six teams do between now and National Signing Day will likely dictate which gets that coveted top spot in the land.

this week I got $ on
Ole Miss
UGA
Oregon

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

the word is Urban is turning the recruitment back up on James Louis after they slow played him because Dunkley isnt a Lock anymore. they are a lil concerned with UT
NOOOOO!!!
mad.gif
We hardly knew ya James...

Originally Posted by Nako XL

you might as well just burn those dollars gunna...
laugh.gif
Im good
Ole Miss by 4
pimp.gif

UGA will keep it under 2 Tubs
pimp.gif

USC will lose
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

gobucksBC
Im not saying their gonna snatch him, but they are turning it back up tho. the concern is they might end up with neither Dunkley and Louis.

and WRs are taking notice about Gainesville,
smh.gif
all bad.

laugh.gif
Deonte got the nerve to be upset about his role. Like he been ballin when they do throw it to him.
alien.gif

laugh.gif
Deonte got the nerve to be upset about his role. Like he been ballin when they do throw it to him.
alien.gif
Deonte is buns. I actually thought he was gonna be a threat and burning dudes
laugh.gif
. Dude is sooooo terrible. Andre is their best WR and he hasn't even touchedthe field.

If yall got ESPNU. turn it on, Todd McShay (
laugh.gif
) is about to do a segment on why USC pass defense is horrendous and he just lead into it saying the reasonis "Taylor Mays"

[h1]Florida is vulnerable. But can Georgia do anything about it?[/h1]
8:47 am October 28, 2009, by Tony Barnhart

Florida is still No. 1 but the reality is that the Gators are bringing a very vulnerable football team to Jacksonville on Saturday to play Georgia.

The offense, which was unstoppable a year ago, is simply not playing well. There is no question that the Gators miss offensive coordinator Dan Mullen, now the head coach at Mississippi State. But more than that Florida misses the ability to stretch the field vertically as they did a year ago with Percy Harvin and Louis Murphy. Nobody is scared that these guys are going to go deep anymore.

Tim Tebow is starting to press a little and is trying to do too much. He was sacked six times against Arkansas, a game in which Florida turned it over four times. Tebow threw two pick-sixes against Mississippi State, which meant the Gators had to work way too hard to win 29-19 in Starkville (You may insert your officiating reference here).

The defense is beat up and tired because it's been on the field too much. Linebacker Brandon Spikes (groin) and several other defensive starters who sat out last week, however, may be back.

Urban Meyer is taking the temperature of his team to make sure that guys don't start pointing fingers. If I'm a Florida defensive player, I'm wondering why my offense is suddenly missing in action and is starting to give away points.

The bottom line is that Florida has all kind of issues. They have a perfect 7-0 record but are playing less than perfectly. They look like a football team that is trying to tread water until Dec. 5 and the SEC championship game, when they expect to turn it up a notch. That's a dangerous place to be, mentally and physically, in this league.

But for the life of me I'm just not sure that Georgia can do anything to take advantage of it.

Sure, Georgia has had a week off since beating Vanderbilt. But what is Georgia actually going to do on the field that would give them a chance to win this football game?

Georgia has gone down to Jacksonville many times with the lesser talented football team. But all through the history of this rivalry the Bulldogs have found a way to win because players stepped it up and, in some cases, played the best game of their lives.

In 1966 Florida and quarterback Steve Spurrier were favored to win their first-ever SEC championship. Spurrier was on his way to winning the Heisman Trophy. But a pair of defensive All-Americans, Bill Stanfill and George Patton, got after Spurrier in the second half and Georgia won, 27-10.

In 1975 Florida was supposed to finally win the SEC championship with one of their more talented teams ever. But Erk Russell's first "Junkyard Dawg" defense would not let the Gators score a touchdown. They kept it close so that tight end Richard Appleby could throw an 80-yard touchdown pass to Gene Washington and stun the Gators 10-7.

In 1985 Georgia upset No. 1 Florida in Jacksonville because Tim Worley and Keith Henderson just ran the ball right through the Gators and defensive end Greg "Muddy" Waters had a career day rushing Florida quarterback Kerwin Bell and Georgia won 24-3.

In 1997 Mike Bobo played one of his best games as a Georgia quarterback. Robert Edwards and Hines Ward were magnificent. Jim Donnan called his best game as Georgia's head coach and the Bulldogs dominated the No. 6 Gators 37-17.

In 2007 Knowshon Moreno ran for 188 yards, a career high, and Matt Stafford threw three touchdown passes. Florida was vulnerable that day because Tebow had a bad shoulder. Georgia rolled up 413 yards and beat No. 9 Florida 42-30.

But as you look at this Georgia team, you wonder: Who can step up and do something exceptional? Can somebody on this team have a career-defining moment and at least put Georgia in a position to win?

I think QB Joe Cox is that kind of guy. I know A.J. Green is. Linebacker Rennie Curran is a warrior. But look at the numbers and tell me how Georgia wins this game:

103[sup]rd[/sup] in rushing (108 yards per game)

84[sup]th[/sup] in scoring defense (27.7 ppg)

119[sup]th[/sup] in turnover margin (minus-11)

117[sup]th[/sup] in penalties (9.29 per game)

90[sup]th[/sup] in passing defense (238.29 ypg)

70[sup]th[/sup] in total defense (365.57 ypg)

95[sup]th[/sup] in time of possession (28:28)

The response to that question should be that the numbers don't matter. It only matters how these two teams play for 60 minutes in Jacksonville. In the past some flawed Georgia teams have found a way to put it together and have a magical afternoon against Florida. But what about this team?

I'm not here to beat up on a Georgia team that has clearly had its struggles since a 3-1 start. All I know is that I was down on the field for the last five minutes of the Tennessee-Alabama game last Saturday and I saw two football teams playing their guts out to win a huge rivalry game. I saw some great players make some great plays with the game on the line.

At Bryant-Denny Stadium I saw the kind of effort Georgia is going to have to give to have any kind of shot in Jacksonville. I just wonder: Does this Georgia team have that kind of effort in them?

with u on uga and ole miss gunna

toney hurd will be irish in a matter of days from one source online

same source says the 'staff' feels they lead for joyner, but you think every staff would feel that way..idk..dont believe it

how many vists does a recruit get? 4 or 5?

and is Lache Seastrunk really about to use all of his up on pac-10 teams?

he has been to cal, UCLA, oregon this weekend and maybe USC later on

Back
Top Bottom