09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

BC's Josh Haden, Justin Tuggle to transfer

By Steve Conroy | Tuesday, October 27, 2009 | http://www.bostonherald.com | College Football

788b08bef3_ltpTuggle102709.jpg

Photo by John Wilcox

Boston College running back Josh Haden and quarterback Justin Tuggle are transferring, according to a release issued by the school today.

"Both young men have expressed a desire to pursue their educational and football careers elsewhere," said head coach Frank Spaziani in a statement. "Each has contributed to our football program and we wish them well."

The Haden transfer is particularly surprising. Haden, a true sophomore, was a highly touted recruit out of Ft. Washington, Md. His brother Joe is a standout cornerback at Florida. Though Montel Harris had surpassed him on the depth chart, Haden was still getting regular playing time. He had 58 carries for 213 yards and one TD in his short BC career.

He missed Saturday's game at Notre Dame with an injury.

After starting quarterback Dave Shinskie suffered a cracked rib in training camp, Tuggle started the first three games of the season. Upon Shinskie's return, however, Tuggle has not seen any action. With a couple of more quarterbacks coming into the program next year, Tuggle's chances of regaining the starting job would have likely become slimmer.
Article URL: http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/college/football/view.bg?articleid=1207686

Got this from another website but this is too funny, Josh Haden:

58416445db0aec4be1330754ebd7330171fabe19.pjpg

laugh.gif

light weight what?????? i've made 7-8 stacks since college football started....*shrugs*

n33kad.jpg

this 3k right here....i dont work....this aint a refund check lol....this straight wagers i've made money off of

aint gettin heated. this how we grew up. cappin on each other its nothin.

congrats on your 3k...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[Biggie]Cribbo, got it interior decorated... [/Biggie]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Magic gif thats new

so Haden and Tuggle gonna just quit or they gonna keep practicin? I dont understand the point of puttin it out they gonna transfer now, they cant talk to noother schools. not like it sets them up for the future.

laugh.gif
its all love...i grew up around w/ the back n forth so this normal for me...and i know NT full of ducktales so i understand the callin out
laugh.gif

had to fire one more shot for fun
nerd.gif

nlbuzd.jpg

laugh.gif
too bad homecoming is about to hit me in the pockets
smh.gif

I thought this was the Official College Football Discussion/NO HOMERS thread.

anyways I heard they made an arrest in that Connecticut players murder? am I late?

^^ arrest was announced today I think......but yea if i'm in fla you gotta put me on to a bookie down there
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

TCU fan:
Hey, do me a favor, post up the rest of that conference records, schedule and Ws... I'll wait around til 3 oclock for these teams with Huge historic Football wins, I gotta be on the road by then. make sure its worth my wait tho
I dont need to. The Top 3 in the MWC is equal to or better than the top 3 in the ACC, and Big East, and you can add the Big 10 in this season. Iwill post the comparison of records for you to see...Make sure to pay attention to the bolded teams and take notice that none of these conferences are stackedfrom top to bottom outside the SEC. Hell, the Big XII is only good because the Big XII south is so stacked, the North is trash!

[table][tr][td]Clemson[/td] [td]3-2[/td] [td]4-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Boston College[/td] [td]3-2[/td] [td]5-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wake Forest[/td] [td]2-2[/td] [td]4-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Florida State[/td] [td]1-3[/td] [td]3-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Maryland[/td] [td]1-3[/td] [td]2-6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]North Carolina State[/td] [td]0-3[/td] [td]3-4[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]COASTAL[/td] [td]CONF[/td] [td]OVERALL[/td] [/tr][tr][td]* - Georgia Tech[/td] [td]5-1[/td] [td]7-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Virginia Tech[/td] [td]3-1[/td] [td]5-2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Duke[/td] [td]2-1[/td] [td]4-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Virginia[/td] [td]2-1[/td] [td]3-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Miami (FL)[/td] [td]2-2[/td] [td]5-2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]North Carolina[/td] [td]0-3[/td] [td]4-3[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]* - Pittsburgh[/td] [td]4-0[/td] [td]7-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]* - Cincinnati[/td] [td]3-0[/td] [td]7-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]* - West Virginia[/td] [td]2-0[/td] [td]6-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]South Florida[/td] [td]1-2[/td] [td]5-2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Connecticut[/td] [td]1-2[/td] [td]4-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rutgers[/td] [td]0-2[/td] [td]5-2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Syracuse[/td] [td]0-2[/td] [td]3-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Louisville[/td] [td]0-3[/td] [td]2-5[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]* - Iowa[/td] [td]4-0[/td] [td]8-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]* - Ohio State[/td] [td]4-1[/td] [td]6-2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]* - Penn State[/td] [td]3-1[/td] [td]7-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Michigan State[/td] [td]3-2[/td] [td]4-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wisconsin[/td] [td]2-2[/td] [td]5-2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Northwestern[/td] [td]2-2[/td] [td]5-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Purdue[/td] [td]2-2[/td] [td]3-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Minnesota[/td] [td]2-3[/td] [td]4-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Michigan[/td] [td]1-3[/td] [td]5-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Indiana[/td] [td]1-3[/td] [td]4-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Illinois[/td] [td]0-5[/td] [td]1-6[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]TEAM[/td] [td]CONF[/td] [td]OVERALL[/td] [/tr][tr][td]* - TCU[/td] [td]3-0[/td] [td]7-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]* - Utah[/td] [td]3-0[/td] [td]6-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]* - Brigham Young[/td] [td]3-1[/td] [td]6-2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wyoming[/td] [td]2-1[/td] [td]4-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Air Force[/td] [td]3-2[/td] [td]4-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]San Diego State[/td] [td]1-2[/td] [td]3-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]UNLV[/td] [td]1-3[/td] [td]3-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]x - New Mexico[/td] [td]0-3[/td] [td]0-7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Colorado State[/td] [td]0-4[/td] [td]3-5[/td] [/tr][/table]

Im not sitting here trying to tell you that the MWC is the best ever, but they are a legitimate conference and far from "trash" as you would like toput it. If they are so bad why did they have 3 teams to start the season in the Top 25 and the Big East had none?? Why is the best MWC team ranked aboveCincinnati in the polls and computers if their conference is so bad???

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

maybe i was wrong then, cause some college guy was on the Dan patrick show and said it didnt really matter if they threw a flag cause it was on 4th down and bama jumped on the ball

Rumor is TCU VS UCLA next year at Jerry house, it would replace the kstate game since synder has been trying to get out of that game since last year

why would you play
@ in texas VS TCU
@ Texas
then Houston at home

in the same year?

TCU probably came calling, or the UCLA called to fill their opening, and Neuheisel wants to be known as a b-grade Pete Carroll.

Only thing I could think of. TCU has been a consistent winner this decade.

It's a good move even though they all hail from Texas.

After next season USC, ND and UCLA will be the only schools that have NEVER scheduled a Division I-AA (FCS) team.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
they're also good for one choke job a year.

ONE CHOKE?
ohwell.gif

consistent winner? thats like saying Memphis is a consistant winner in basketball.... they dont play no body thru out their conference play.
The top of the Mountain West is as good as the top of the Big East or Big 10 so dont give me that crap. TCU, BYU, and Utah can play with anyone and have shown it for the last few years. Hold back your BCS elitism and actually compare the conferences and you will see. Our teams also try and schedule better teams in out of conference to make up for teams like Wyoming and New Mexico. Hate on the MWC all you want, but if you actually knew college football then you wouldnt be disregarding them.
Gunna, what year was it that TCU choked away a bcs bid, then threw a hissy fit and turned down (read: sidestepped) a less lucrative bowl bid against still decent comp?

it was a few years back. 2003?
As an alumni and fan of TCU we havent ducked any bowls or any teams that want to play us. Here is our bowl schedule since 1998 when our resurgence began with a win over USC.

[table][tr][td]December 31, 1998[/td] [td]Sun Bowl[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]USC[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]19[/td] [/tr][tr][td]December 22, 1999[/td] [td]Mobile Alabama Bowl[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]East Carolina[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]14[/td] [/tr][tr][td]December 20, 2000[/td] [td]Mobile Alabama Bowl[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]Southern Miss[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]28[/td] [/tr][tr][td]December 28, 2001[/td] [td]Galleryfurniture.com Bowl[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]Texas A&M[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]28[/td] [/tr][tr][td]December 31, 2002[/td] [td]Liberty Bowl[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]Colorado State[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]December 23, 2003[/td] [td]Fort Worth Bowl[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]Boise State[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]34[/td] [/tr][tr][td]December 31, 2005[/td] [td]Houston Bowl[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]Iowa State[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]24[/td] [/tr][tr][td]December 19, 2006[/td] [td]Poinsettia Bowl[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]Northern Illinois[/td] [td]37[/td] [td]7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]December 28, 2007[/td] [td]Texas Bowl[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]Houston[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]13[/td] [/tr][tr][td]December 23, 2008[/td] [td]Poinsettia Bowl[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]Boise State[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]16[/td] [/tr][/table]

yeah. ok.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]COLLEGE FOOTBALL; T.C.U. Will Play In a Bowl Game In Its Hometown[/h1] [h6]Published: Tuesday, December 2, 2003[/h6]

Texas Christian is staying home to play its bowl game.

The 19th-ranked Horned Frogs (11-1), who earlier Monday turned down an invitation from the G.M.A.C. Bowl because it conflicts with final exams, will instead play in the inaugural Fort Worth Bowl against an undetermined opponent.

The T.C.U. spokesman Steve Fink confirmed Monday night that the Frogs would play in the Dec. 23 game on their campus. Athletic Director Eric Hyman was not immediately available for comment.

Before losing, 40-28, at Southern Mississippi on Nov. 20, T.C.U. was undefeated and eighth in the Bowl Championship Series ranking.

If the Big 12 gets two teams in the B.C.S., as expected, it will not be able to provide a team for Fort Worth.

Louisville will represent Conference USA in the G.M.A.C. Bowl on Dec. 18 in Mobile, Ala., against No. 14 Miami (Ohio) of the Mid-American Conference.

Thought so. That was the year you ducked Roethlisberger
laugh.gif
I guess you missed the part about it conflicting with final exams, it being the INAUGURAL bowl game, and the Frogs played Boise State that season which is a way better team than Miami of Ohio, get real dude. You really trying to tell me that Miami of Ohio would have been a better pick??

Miami Ohio was far and wide the better team than Boise St. that year, and probably a better team than TCU too. They finished ranked 10th in the country, sodon't give me that.

TCU %%@#%+$ and moaned all that season about why they should be considered for not just a BCS bid, but a shot at Oklahoma in the title game. And then theywent out and got stomped by a 7-3 Southern Miss team.

And "conflicts with finals"?? The CMAC bowl that year was December 18th and if I recall correctly only "conflicted" with 1 or 2 (if that)exam days. Sore losers
smh.gif

I'm putting something together regarding the rest of the conference's records and schedules and such...

And yall quoting 9000 posts...
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom