09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

your girl took her head out of my lap to read it to me
Was she eating you out?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Maybe this'll dead all this Mountain West Conference CRAP... Ignore the Top 3... We know about TCU, Utah, and BYU... The whole "Top 3 is as good as*" argument is ridiculous and ******ed. I don't need to get into why...

I ran down the schedules of the other CURRENT members of the conference since 2002 vs. BCS teams and vs. what I call quality mid-major programs.. That groupincludes the Big Four (TCU, BYU, Utah, and Boise) and then I added in any non-BCS teams they played that were ranked the week they played... Then I talliedrecords against TCU, BYU, and Utah since 2005 when the current MWC was put together... Obviously that's a little simplistic, but after looking at how itshakes down I don't feel the need to dig any further...

Here's the rundown...

Wyoming
vs. BCS -- 5-10
vs. Ranked BCS -- 0-1
vs. Quality non-BCS -- 3-20
vs. Ranked non-BCS -- 0-7
vs. TCU, BYU, Utah since 2005 -- 2-10 (0-3 when those teams are ranked)
Bowl eligible 2 times; 1-0 in bowls

Air Force
vs. BCS -- 2-5
vs. Ranked BCS -- 0-1
vs. Quality Non-BCS -- 5-17
vs. Ranked non-BCS -- 0-8
vs. TCU, BYU, Utah since 2005 -- 2-12 (0-5 when those teams are ranked)
Bowl Eligible 4 times; 0-3 in bowls

San Diego State
vs. BCS -- 0-13
vs. Ranked BCS -- 0-1
vs. Quality Non-BCS -- 3-17
vs. Ranked non-BCS -- 0-6
vs. TCU, BYU, Utah since 2005 -- 2-11 (0-4 when those teams are ranked)
Bowl Eligible 1 time; Not Invited

UNLV
vs. BCS -- 4-8
vs. Ranked BCS -- 1-0
vs. Quality Non-BCS -- 4-17
vs. Ranked non-BCS -- 1-6
vs. TCU, BYU, Utah since 2005 -- 1-13 (0-5 when those teams are ranked)

New Mexico
vs. BCS -- 5-12
vs. Ranked BCS -- 0-2
vs. Quality Non-BCS -- 6-13
vs. Ranked non-BCS -- 1-3
vs. TCU, BYU, Utah since 2005 -- 2-10 (0-2 when those teams are ranked)
Bowl Eligible 6 times; 1-4 in bowls

Colorado State
vs. BCS -- 5-12
vs. Ranked BCS -- 1-1
vs. Quality Non-BCS -- 4-18
vs. Ranked non-BCS -- 0-5
vs. TCU, BYU, Utah since 2005 -- 1-13 (0-3 when those teams are ranked)
Bowl Eligible 4 times; 1-3 in bowls

Just so we're clear... Since 2002 the bottom of the Mountain West is rockin' a collective:
-- ZERO Final AP or USA Today Top 25 finishes...
-- 21-60 vs. BCS Teams
-- 2-6 vs. Ranked BCS Teams
-- 25-102 vs. Quality Non-BCS Teams (TCU, BSU, Utah, BYU and ranked non-BCS teams)
-- 2-35 vs. Ranked Non-BCS Teams
-- 10-69 vs. TCU, BYU, and Utah since 2005 when the current MWC was formed and have yet to beat one of those teams while they were ranked...
-- 3-10 in Bowl Games with two teams having not played in a bowl at all...

sick.gif
Case closed.

GUNNA GET IT wrote:

TCU fan:

Hey, do me a favor, post up the rest of that conference records, schedule and Ws... I'll wait around til 3 oclock for these teams with Huge historic Football wins, I gotta be on the road by then. make sure its worth my wait tho

this is what I asked for, and I got some other jibberish that didnt even address what I said. but Im guessing Mr. " I dont even have to look upstats" realized what I was getting at and decided not to post what I asked for.

Nowitness41Dirk wrote:

Here's the rundown...

Wyoming
vs. BCS -- 5-10
vs. Ranked BCS -- 0-1

Air Force
vs. BCS -- 2-5
vs. Ranked BCS -- 0-1

San Diego State
vs. BCS -- 0-13
vs. Ranked BCS -- 0-1

UNLV
vs. BCS -- 4-8
vs. Ranked BCS -- 1-0

New Mexico
vs. BCS -- 5-12
vs. Ranked BCS -- 0-2

Colorado State
vs. BCS -- 5-12
vs. Ranked BCS -- 1-1

Just so we're clear... Since 2002 the bottom of the Mountain West is rockin' a collective:
-- 21-60 vs. BCS Teams
-- 25-102 vs. Quality Non-BCS Teams (TCU, BSU, Utah, BYU and ranked non-BCS teams)
-- 10-69 vs. TCU, BYU, and Utah since 2005 when the current MWC was formed and have yet to beat one of those teams while they were ranked...

sick.gif
Case closed.

thank you for the leg work Bro.

I guess the MWC is really a good football conference
Lucky I dont know anything about college football to realize otherwise

laugh.gif
I was putting that together for something I'm doing at work anyways, and thought it was hilarious this popped up on here again at the same time...

Do TCU, Utah, and BYU have legitimate gripes? Yeah, they probably do... But in the conference they're in with the rest of that crap, they're notgetting an automatic bid. It just ain't happening... Nevermind the fact that the conference offers absolutely NOTHING in terms of major media markets,large fan followings, financial advancement, etc. ...

It's a 9 team conference that features 6 teams that do absolutely NOTHING for college football currently or historically...

Nowitness41Dirk wrote:

It's a 9 team conference that features 9 teams that do absolutely NOTHING for college football currently or historically...

nerd.gif

Which conference we talkin about again?

laugh.gif

[font=arial, helvetica][font=Times New Roman, serif]CB Boubacar Cissoko kicked off U-M's team[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, serif]
By MARK SNYDER
FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER
[/font]
[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica]Sophomore cornerback Boubacar Cissoko has been kicked off the Michigan football team, his high school coach, ThomasWilcher of Detroit Cass Tech, said tonight.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica]"He missed class, missed workouts," said Wilcher, who said he spoke to a U-M assistant coach and Cissokotoday.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica]Cissoko, a 5-foot-9, 177-pounder, was suspended three weeks ago by U-M coach Rich Rodriguez, missing the Iowa andDelaware State games. He slowly worked his way back into the lineup and was reinstated late last week, playing a bit at cornerback against Penn State onSaturday.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica]"Now he's got to make something, because he blew it," Wilcher said.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica]Asked about Cissoko earlier this week, Rodriguez repeated himself, saying Cissoko's reinstatement was"day-to-day."[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica]Cissoko played mostly on special teams early last season and ended up moving into the cornerback rotation as theseason moved along. By season's end, he had played in all 12 games and made two starts as a true freshman. He also returned kickoffs, including a 41-yarderagainst Michigan State. He had 15 tackles.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica]He and J.T. Floyd battled for a starting job at cornerback throughout fall camp, with Cissoko winning and startingthe first four games of this season. He had a rough game against Notre Dame as the Irish attacked his side of the field.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica]Against Indiana, he was beaten on a bomb early in the game and replaced by Floyd, who started the next week againstMichigan State.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica]Floyd became sick, so U-M moved safety Troy Woolfolk to cornerback, where he has solidified himself as astarter.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica]Cissoko ended up with 16 tackles, one interception and two pass breakups this season.[/font]

Originally Posted by gobucksBC

[font=arial, helvetica][font=Times New Roman, serif]CB Boubacar Cissoko kicked off U-M's team[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, serif]
By MARK SNYDER
FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER
[/font]
[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica]Sophomore cornerback Boubacar Cissoko has been kicked off the Michigan football team, his high school coach, Thomas Wilcher of Detroit Cass Tech, said tonight.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica]"He missed class, missed workouts," said Wilcher, who said he spoke to a U-M assistant coach and Cissoko today.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica]Cissoko, a 5-foot-9, 177-pounder, was suspended three weeks ago by U-M coach Rich Rodriguez, missing the Iowa and Delaware State games. He slowly worked his way back into the lineup and was reinstated late last week, playing a bit at cornerback against Penn State on Saturday.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica]"Now he's got to make something, because he blew it," Wilcher said.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica]Asked about Cissoko earlier this week, Rodriguez repeated himself, saying Cissoko's reinstatement was "day-to-day."[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica]Cissoko played mostly on special teams early last season and ended up moving into the cornerback rotation as the season moved along. By season's end, he had played in all 12 games and made two starts as a true freshman. He also returned kickoffs, including a 41-yarder against Michigan State. He had 15 tackles.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica]He and J.T. Floyd battled for a starting job at cornerback throughout fall camp, with Cissoko winning and starting the first four games of this season. He had a rough game against Notre Dame as the Irish attacked his side of the field.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica]Against Indiana, he was beaten on a bomb early in the game and replaced by Floyd, who started the next week against Michigan State.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica]Floyd became sick, so U-M moved safety Troy Woolfolk to cornerback, where he has solidified himself as a starter.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica]Cissoko ended up with 16 tackles, one interception and two pass breakups this season.[/font]

this guys a Fool!

Boo-boos an idiot. If there's one position we couldn't afford to lose someone at it's CB. Hopefully Jt Turner pans out and we get Cullen Christian.Altho either one of those guys could play safety.

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Boo-boos an idiot. If there's one position we couldn't afford to lose someone at it's CB. Hopefully Jt Turner pans out and we get Cullen Christian. Altho either one of those guys could play safety.
Has Turner played this season, or is he redshirting?

Turner and Gallon are both RSing. I think I would rather see Gallon on the offensive side of the ball. I think they said he came in overweight. And Turnerswasn't eligible until the last week of fall camp so that's what hurt him.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Maybe this'll dead all this Mountain West Conference CRAP... Ignore the Top 3... We know about TCU, Utah, and BYU... The whole "Top 3 is as good as *" argument is ridiculous and ******ed. I don't need to get into why...

I ran down the schedules of the other CURRENT members of the conference since 2002 vs. BCS teams and vs. what I call quality mid-major programs.. That group includes the Big Four (TCU, BYU, Utah, and Boise) and then I added in any non-BCS teams they played that were ranked the week they played... Then I tallied records against TCU, BYU, and Utah since 2005 when the current MWC was put together... Obviously that's a little simplistic, but after looking at how it shakes down I don't feel the need to dig any further...

Here's the rundown...

Wyoming
vs. BCS -- 5-10
vs. Ranked BCS -- 0-1

Air Force
vs. BCS -- 2-5
vs. Ranked BCS -- 0-1

San Diego State
vs. BCS -- 0-13
vs. Ranked BCS -- 0-1

UNLV
vs. BCS -- 4-8
vs. Ranked BCS -- 1-0

New Mexico
vs. BCS -- 5-12
vs. Ranked BCS -- 0-2

Colorado State
vs. BCS -- 5-12
vs. Ranked BCS -- 1-1

-- 21-60 vs. BCS Teams

sick.gif
Case closed.
Now, go back and compare that with Duke, North Carolina, Maryland, Syracuse, Louisville, Baylor, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Missisippi State,Vanderbilt, Washington, and Washington State if you would really like a comparison. Dont act like Duke, Baylor, Vanderbilt, and Washington State are holding itdown for the bottom of their conference.

Filed at 10:09 p.m. ET

STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) -- Oklahoma State All-American wide receiver Dez Bryant will remain suspended for the remainder of the football season, the NCAA ruled on Tuesday.

The junior will not be eligible to play until September 2010.

OSU plans to appeal the decision to the NCAA Student-Athlete Reinstatement Committee, but athletic department spokesman Kevin Klintworth declined further comment.

The university announced on Oct. 7 Bryant was declared ineligible for lying to the NCAA about his relationship with former NFL star Deion Sanders.

A top NFL prospect, Bryant caught 87 passes for 1,480 yards and 19 touchdowns last season while also scoring twice on punt returns.

This season, Bryant led the team with 17 catches for 323 yards and four touchdowns through OSU's first three games.

While Bryant played in OSU's first three games, OSU compliance officials were investigating an apparent meeting he had with former NFL players Sanders and Omar Stoutmire that he later lied about to the NCAA.

Oklahoma State ruled Bryant ineligible because he ''failed to openly disclose to the NCAA the full details of his interaction with a former NFL player not affiliated with OSU.''

After his initial suspension, the university released a statement from Bryant saying ''I made a mistake by not entirely truthful when meeting with the NCAA.''

The No. 13 Cowboys (6-1, 3-0 Big 12) will host No. 3 Texas (7-0, 4-0) on Saturday night in a matchup that likely will determine which team plays for the Big 12 championship.

Washington State finished in the Top 10 twice in that same span... Louisville in the Top 10 twice, another Top 20 and multiple bowl wins in that span...Colorado has a Top 25 finish in that time frame a National Title to their name... Washington won the Rose Bowl in 2001 and has 4 National Titles to its name...Illinois has a Top 25 finish in that time frame and five National Titles to their name... Syracuse at least has a National Title and some historical value...Maryland has two Top 20 finishes and several Bowl victories in that time frame, a couple of National Titles to their name...

Like I've said time and time again when we have this discussion, bottom-feeder programs in BCS conferences actually bring other resources to the table thatmake them worthwhile... Whether it's historical relevance, premier basketball programs, whatever... The MWC's don't... What Duke, Indiana, Syracuseand North Carolina bring to the table as basketball schools trump whatever crap the MWC gets from their programs... There's still a clear-cut differencebetween Duke/Indiana/North Carolina and Colorado State/Wyoming/San Diego State...

Wanna try again?

Back
Top Bottom