09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

but gunna who ever said miami was a premier team this season....i claimed we would be very competitive and your +#% acted like miami was a bottom dweller inthe conference...the same 3-3 clemson team could've easily beem 4-2 or 5-1...so %#%%* w/ that bs ...you need to worry about your team becoming bowleligible

Bradford should have left last year. He wasn't getting a chip this year so why come back?

AndHereWeGo.gif

Originally Posted by JUUG KNIGHT

so %#%%* w/ that bs ...you need to worry about your team becoming bowl eligible

you gonna cry to?
U want me to fed ex u some tissue. U emotional son. seriously.
"u need to worry about your team becoming bowl eligible"

laugh.gif
like we dont discuss all things college football. u wanna miami @*%* suck fest, go join a UM board and wipe your e-tears

legit question....

When are SEC teams going to get some more flak for playing weak #@@ OOC opponents? Florida's only worthy opponent to date is LSU (road). I give credit to Bama (VTech in Blacksburg and Georgia (Ok State, ASU). These schools refuse to leave the confines of the South.

I know it's because ESPN keeps shoving it down our throats like the Red Sox/Yankee's, but the SEC is the only conference that get's credit for beating up on each other?

USC losing to Oregon State in Corvallis: "Another misstep by SC in the Pac 10".

Florida losing at home to Ole Miss: "That just shows you how tough the SEC is [slurp]".

It's not that hard to figure out, perception in this case really is reality. Just look at since the BCS has been implemented in 1998...5 BCS champions..12-4 record in BCS games all time...the most players in the NFL currently, etc. One main reason is that the defensive talent is so rich in this conference across the board even for the so called bottom feeders and as has been proven over the past years, a great defense will beat a great offense every single time.

It seems to me that you have a problem b/c SC doesn't get the same benefit for playing one big OOC game every year (ND doesn't count) and the rest of their schedule being basically cake for the most part. USC has just run over that conference for so long and has so much more talent than everyone else in the Pac-10, that is really is an embarrassment when they lose to a team who didn't even win a game last season (in Washington), or a teams that have no business being competitive with them at all (UCLA, Oregon St). Maybe if someone besides SC steps up and actually is good year after year, the Pac-10 will get more respect from the media.

Get the hell out of here and go over to rivals with all the other SEC slurpers. Most of those SEC teams schedule weak out of conference teams so they can geteasy wins, and put up big numbers for those so called "style points". That whole deal is a crock of %%*@. They are afraid to schedule agains anybig teams, because then it might show that their team has weaknesses. The reason USC should be ranked high and have a shot at a NC game was clearly shown thisweek. Their defense wasn't able to stop Oregon State, but the offense was able to step up and get the win. Watching the past 2 Florida and Alabama games,those are teams that have basically no offense at all. Neither team has a legit passing attack, and it has shown with them struggling to put up points. Andto come on here and say other Pac-10 teams have no business competing with USC, UCLA has had a good recruiting class the past 2 years and will be a team towatch out for the next few years, and Oregon State while they may not have the best recruiting, Mike Riley and his staff are some of the best in the country atdeveloping players. The Beavers tied for 2nd most players drafted last year, and at least 4 or 5 of those are starting as rookies. Add to that the talent theBeavers have this year with a top LB in Keaton Kristick, and one of the top RB in the country, to say they are a weak team is a terrible misconception. Iwould love for the Beavers to schedule some mid season games against a school like Florida or Georgia even if it was back east.

Any reasonable Miami fan could tell you this team was extremely flawed. I've been warning people to not drink the kool-aid all season.

Even before the Clemson game i knew we were slip up and lose at least 2 more regular season games. Just too many weaknesses, not to mention all these damninjuries. Even Spence is out now. :smh

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

. Even Spence is out now. :smh

Spence out? how long?
smh.gif

they wasnt usin him right no way... he should be attacking the line not reading and reacting.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

maybe i was wrong then, cause some college guy was on the Dan patrick show and said it didnt really matter if they threw a flag cause it was on 4th down and bama jumped on the ball

Rumor is TCU VS UCLA next year at Jerry house, it would replace the kstate game since synder has been trying to get out of that game since last year

why would you play
@ in texas VS TCU
@ Texas
then Houston at home

in the same year?

TCU probably came calling, or the UCLA called to fill their opening, and Neuheisel wants to be known as a b-grade Pete Carroll.

Only thing I could think of. TCU has been a consistent winner this decade.

It's a good move even though they all hail from Texas.

After next season USC, ND and UCLA will be the only schools that have NEVER scheduled a Division I-AA (FCS) team.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
they're also good for one choke job a year.

ONE CHOKE?
ohwell.gif

consistent winner? thats like saying Memphis is a consistant winner in basketball.... they dont play no body thru out their conference play.
The top of the Mountain West is as good as the top of the Big East or Big 10 so dont give me that crap. TCU, BYU, and Utah can play with anyone and have shown it for the last few years. Hold back your BCS elitism and actually compare the conferences and you will see. Our teams also try and schedule better teams in out of conference to make up for teams like Wyoming and New Mexico. Hate on the MWC all you want, but if you actually knew college football then you wouldnt be disregarding them.
Gunna, what year was it that TCU choked away a bcs bid, then threw a hissy fit and turned down (read: sidestepped) a less lucrative bowl bidagainst still decent comp?

it was a few years back. 2003?

legit question....

When are SEC teams going to get some more flak for playing weak #@@ OOC opponents? Florida's only worthy opponent to date is LSU (road). I give credit to Bama (VTech in Blacksburg and Georgia (Ok State, ASU). These schools refuse to leave the confines of the South.

I know it's because ESPN keeps shoving it down our throats like the Red Sox/Yankee's, but the SEC is the only conference that get's credit for beating up on each other?

USC losing to Oregon State in Corvallis: "Another misstep by SC in the Pac 10".

Florida losing at home to Ole Miss: "That just shows you how tough the SEC is [slurp]".

It's not that hard to figure out, perception in this case really is reality. Just look at since the BCS has been implemented in 1998...5 BCS champions..12-4 record in BCS games all time...the most players in the NFL currently, etc. One main reason is that the defensive talent is so rich in this conference across the board even for the so called bottom feeders and as has been proven over the past years, a great defense will beat a great offense every single time.

It seems to me that you have a problem b/c SC doesn't get the same benefit for playing one big OOC game every year (ND doesn't count) and the rest of their schedule being basically cake for the most part. USC has just run over that conference for so long and has so much more talent than everyone else in the Pac-10, that is really is an embarrassment when they lose to a team who didn't even win a game last season (in Washington), or a teams that have no business being competitive with them at all (UCLA, Oregon St). Maybe if someone besides SC steps up and actually is good year after year, the Pac-10 will get more respect from the media.

Oregon...

Cal...

maybe i was wrong then, cause some college guy was on the Dan patrick show and said it didnt really matter if they threw a flag cause it was on 4th down and bama jumped on the ball

Rumor is TCU VS UCLA next year at Jerry house, it would replace the kstate game since synder has been trying to get out of that game since last year

why would you play
@ in texas VS TCU
@ Texas
then Houston at home

in the same year?

TCU probably came calling, or the UCLA called to fill their opening, and Neuheisel wants to be known as a b-grade Pete Carroll.

After next season USC, ND and UCLA will be the only schools that have NEVER scheduled a Division I-AA (FCS) team.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

ONE CHOKE?
ohwell.gif

consistent winner? thats like saying Memphis is a consistant winner in basketball.... they dont play no body thru out their conference play.
The top of the Mountain West is as good as the top of the Big East or Big 10 so dont give me that crap. TCU, BYU, and Utah can play with anyone and have shown it for the last few years. Hold back your BCS elitism and actually compare the conferences and you will see. Our teams also try and schedule better teams in out of conference to make up for teams like Wyoming and New Mexico. Hate on the MWC all you want, but if you actually knew college football then you wouldnt be disregarding them.
Gunna, what year was it that TCU choked away a bcs bid, then threw a hissy fit and turned down (read: sidestepped) a less lucrative bowl bid against still decent comp?

As an alumni and fan of TCU we havent ducked any bowls or any teams that want to play us. Here is our bowl schedule since 1998 when our resurgencebegan with a win over USC.

[table][tr][td]December 31, 1998[/td] [td]Sun Bowl[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]USC[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]19[/td] [/tr][tr][td]December 22, 1999[/td] [td]Mobile Alabama Bowl[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]East Carolina[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]14[/td] [/tr][tr][td]December 20, 2000[/td] [td]Mobile Alabama Bowl[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]Southern Miss[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]28[/td] [/tr][tr][td]December 28, 2001[/td] [td]Galleryfurniture.com Bowl[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]Texas A&M[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]28[/td] [/tr][tr][td]December 31, 2002[/td] [td]Liberty Bowl[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]Colorado State[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]December 23, 2003[/td] [td]Fort Worth Bowl[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]Boise State[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]34[/td] [/tr][tr][td]December 31, 2005[/td] [td]Houston Bowl[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]Iowa State[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]24[/td] [/tr][tr][td]December 19, 2006[/td] [td]Poinsettia Bowl[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]Northern Illinois[/td] [td]37[/td] [td]7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]December 28, 2007[/td] [td]Texas Bowl[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]Houston[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]13[/td] [/tr][tr][td]December 23, 2008[/td] [td]Poinsettia Bowl[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]Boise State[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]16[/td] [/tr][/table]

why would you play
@ in texas VS TCU
@ Texas
then Houston at home

in the same year?

smokin.gif
smokin.gif

ONE CHOKE?
ohwell.gif

Gunna, what year was it that TCU choked away a bcs bid, then threw a hissy fit and turned down (read: sidestepped) a less lucrative bowl bid against still decent comp?

As an alumni and fan of TCU we havent ducked any bowls or any teams that want to play us. Here is our bowl schedule since 1998 when our resurgence began with a win over USC.

[table][tr][td]December 31, 1998[/td] [td]Sun Bowl[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]USC[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]19[/td] [/tr][tr][td]December 22, 1999[/td] [td]Mobile Alabama Bowl[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]East Carolina[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]14[/td] [/tr][tr][td]December 20, 2000[/td] [td]Mobile Alabama Bowl[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]Southern Miss[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]28[/td] [/tr][tr][td]December 28, 2001[/td] [td]Galleryfurniture.com Bowl[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]Texas A&M[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]28[/td] [/tr][tr][td]December 31, 2002[/td] [td]Liberty Bowl[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]Colorado State[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]December 23, 2003[/td] [td]Fort Worth Bowl[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]Boise State[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]34[/td] [/tr][tr][td]December 31, 2005[/td] [td]Houston Bowl[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]Iowa State[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]24[/td] [/tr][tr][td]December 19, 2006[/td] [td]Poinsettia Bowl[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]Northern Illinois[/td] [td]37[/td] [td]7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]December 28, 2007[/td] [td]Texas Bowl[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]Houston[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]13[/td] [/tr][tr][td]December 23, 2008[/td] [td]Poinsettia Bowl[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]Boise State[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]16[/td] [/tr][/table]

yeah. ok.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]COLLEGE FOOTBALL; T.C.U. Will Play In a Bowl Game In Its Hometown[/h1] [h6]Published: Tuesday, December 2, 2003[/h6]

Texas Christian is staying home to play its bowl game.

The 19th-ranked Horned Frogs (11-1), who earlier Monday turned down an invitation from the G.M.A.C. Bowl because it conflicts with final exams, will instead play in the inaugural Fort Worth Bowl against an undetermined opponent.

The T.C.U. spokesman Steve Fink confirmed Monday night that the Frogs would play in the Dec. 23 game on their campus. Athletic Director Eric Hyman was not immediately available for comment.

Before losing, 40-28, at Southern Mississippi on Nov. 20, T.C.U. was undefeated and eighth in the Bowl Championship Series ranking.

If the Big 12 gets two teams in the B.C.S., as expected, it will not be able to provide a team for Fort Worth.

Louisville will represent Conference USA in the G.M.A.C. Bowl on Dec. 18 in Mobile, Ala., against No. 14 Miami (Ohio) of the Mid-American Conference.

Thought so. That was the year you ducked Roethlisberger
laugh.gif

. Even Spence is out now. :smh

Spence out? how long?
smh.gif

they wasnt usin him right no way... he should be attacking the line not reading and reacting.
Cuz they switched him from Will to sam.
smh.gif
Since OU game theyswitched him back though and he was just starting to look the same again.

why would you play
@ in texas VS TCU
@ Texas
then Houston at home

in the same year?

smokin.gif
smokin.gif

ONE CHOKE?
ohwell.gif

As an alumni and fan of TCU we havent ducked any bowls or any teams that want to play us. Here is our bowl schedule since 1998 when our resurgence began with a win over USC.

yeah. ok.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]COLLEGE FOOTBALL; T.C.U. Will Play In a Bowl Game In Its Hometown[/h1] [h6]Published: Tuesday, December 2, 2003[/h6]

Texas Christian is staying home to play its bowl game.

The 19th-ranked Horned Frogs (11-1), who earlier Monday turned down an invitation from the G.M.A.C. Bowl because it conflicts with final exams, will instead play in the inaugural Fort Worth Bowl against an undetermined opponent.

The T.C.U. spokesman Steve Fink confirmed Monday night that the Frogs would play in the Dec. 23 game on their campus. Athletic Director Eric Hyman was not immediately available for comment.

Before losing, 40-28, at Southern Mississippi on Nov. 20, T.C.U. was undefeated and eighth in the Bowl Championship Series ranking.

If the Big 12 gets two teams in the B.C.S., as expected, it will not be able to provide a team for Fort Worth.

Louisville will represent Conference USA in the G.M.A.C. Bowl on Dec. 18 in Mobile, Ala., against No. 14 Miami (Ohio) of the Mid-American Conference.

Thought so. That was the year you ducked Roethlisberger
laugh.gif

I guess you missed the part about it conflicting with final exams, it being the INAUGURAL bowl game, and the Frogs played Boise State that seasonwhich is a way better team than Miami of Ohio, get real dude. You really trying to tell me that Miami of Ohio would have been a better pick??

The top of the Mountain West is as good as the top of the Big East or Big 10 so dont give me that crap. TCU, BYU, and Utah can play with anyone and have shown it for the last few years. Hold back your BCS elitism and actually compare the conferences and you will see. Our teams also try and schedule better teams in out of conference to make up for teams like Wyoming and New Mexico.

laugh.gif
give u what crap? what are you even talking about. the MWC is a SORRY Football conference. Period. there is no disputing that
smh.gif

dude arguin about some other @@$@ that I havent even touched on

Yes, with comments like that it makes me believe you are another BCS homer who doesn't know college football.

Yeah they are so sorry but beat BCS teams on a consistent basis. TCU beat Clemson in their own house in the rain, the same Clemson team that just beat Miami,BYU over Oklahoma, Utah over Louisville and that is just this year. TCU beat OU in Norman in 06, Utah rolled up Alabama last year, BYU beat Washington and UCLAlast year. I can go and on and on but I dont have the time to look up stats to continue to prove you wrong.

this dude life lesson get so butt hurt over the U like you talking about his moms

child please.....another n' w/ a bum *$% squad who have no room to talk

Originally Posted by JUUG KNIGHT

so %#%%* w/ that bs ...you need to worry about your team becoming bowl eligible

you gonna cry to?
U want me to fed ex u some tissue. U emotional son. seriously.
"u need to worry about your team becoming bowl eligible"

laugh.gif
like we dont discuss all things college football. u wanna miami @*%* suck fest, go join a UM board and wipe your e-tears

i'm starting to think cartlidge aint the only thing you missing...you sound dumb cause you've been sucking off Kiffin since he was hired...every timehe make some comment you get happy like a broad who's about to get ran through....oh and lets not get into how you always claim to have been on someunderrated player before he blew up.....child please....you the same dude was posin in that low pixel pic w/ a glock right? *dies*

Cuz they switched him from Will to sam.
smh.gif
Since OU game they switched him back though and he was just starting to look the same again.
Why the ++*! would you play little %!# Spence at Sam? What type of sense does that make? Y'all been getting help from Chuck Amato?

Can you see your Monitor with tears in your eyes?

laugh.gif
o my god, a Low pixel joke-O my god!!! [lil wayne]"he's goin in, He's goin in!" [/lil wayne]

when ya pell grant check come in, holla at me, I put u on to a bookie who takes those lightweight wagers u be on.
wink.gif

TCU fan:
Hey, do me a favor, post up the rest of that conference records, schedule and Ws... I'll wait around til 3 oclock for these teams with Huge historicFootball wins, I gotta be on the road by then. make sure its worth my wait tho

Back
Top Bottom