09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

And lemme add
It woulda been a bigger travesty if they woulda called that. The game was decided on the field. Period. I'm glad they didn't call that crap

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

maybe i was wrong then, cause some college guy was on the Dan patrick show and said it didnt really matter if they threw a flag cause it was on 4th down and bama jumped on the ball

Rumor is TCU VS UCLA next year at Jerry house, it would replace the kstate game since synder has been trying to get out of that game since last year

why would you play
@ in texas VS TCU
@ Texas
then Houston at home

in the same year?

TCU probably came calling, or the UCLA called to fill their opening, and Neuheisel wants to be known as a b-grade Pete Carroll.

Only thing I could think of. TCU has been a consistent winner this decade.

It's a good move even though they all hail from Texas.

After next season USC, ND and UCLA will be the only schools that have NEVER scheduled a Division I-AA (FCS) team.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

maybe i was wrong then, cause some college guy was on the Dan patrick show and said it didnt really matter if they threw a flag cause it was on 4th down and bama jumped on the ball

Rumor is TCU VS UCLA next year at Jerry house, it would replace the kstate game since synder has been trying to get out of that game since last year

why would you play
@ in texas VS TCU
@ Texas
then Houston at home

in the same year?

TCU probably came calling, or the UCLA called to fill their opening, and Neuheisel wants to be known as a b-grade Pete Carroll.

After next season USC, ND and UCLA will be the only schools that have NEVER scheduled a Division I-AA (FCS) team.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

I would love for TCU to play and beat UCLA. Where are you hearing this rumor at?

The only reasons those type of teams want to come play in Texas is because of exposure and mainly recruiting.

why would you play
@ in texas VS TCU
@ Texas
then Houston at home

in the same year?

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
they're also good for one choke job a year.

Kinda ironic how what used to work for Ohio St is now working against Iowa in terms of the Big Eleven.

UCLA proably called TCU

Kstate has been trying to get out of next years game since last year

like a year ago the Georgia Dome had UCLA VS Auburn ready to go but Auburn said no and then put some D2 school on there schedule
tired.gif
, then they got Gtech to replace Auburn and UCLA said no thank you to thatone(thank god Gtech would kill us)
laugh.gif

if the deal goes down UCLA to get 1million to play in cowboys stadium VS TCU

Originally Posted by Nako XL

why would you play
@ in texas VS TCU
@ Texas
then Houston at home

in the same year?

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
I've said that many times
wink.gif

However, they are a brand name by college football standards when it comes to teams that are not from a BCS conference.

like a year ago the Georgia Dome had UCLA VS Auburn ready to go but Auburn said no and then put some D2 school on there schedule, then they gotGtech to replace Auburn and UCLA said no thank you to that one(thank god Gtech would kill us)

UCLA should've taken that game,
laugh.gif

Not surprised an SEC school pulled out and scheduled a D2 school,
laugh.gif

Waits for the "SEC is tough as it is, they don't need to play tough OOC opponents" argument,
laugh.gif

dreClark wrote:

Gio Bernard to ND

Hmmmmmmm.....
remember what I told u couple months ago, there's a bigger fish out there at RB
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

btw Gio can play. thats a good get

Cassius Marsh verbals to LSU. *Diddy face palm* another Potentially sick DL

Marquise Gray is gonna start for Minnesota. Looks like its his job permanently. Hopefully he puts in his time in the film room and on the practice field. Athletically he is Nasty. lets see thim become the total package

When they had him in he looked promising. He certainly has all the tools.
Originally Posted by Al3xis

blueandgold.com now saying nd leads for joyner ?

believe it when i see it

Ya its already been refuted by a reputable poster on the Ohio St boards. Fwiw.

why would you play
@ in texas VS TCU
@ Texas
then Houston at home

in the same year?

smokin.gif
smokin.gif

ONE CHOKE?
ohwell.gif

consistent winner? thats like saying Memphis is a consistant winner in basketball.... they dont play no body thru outtheir conference play.

why would you play
@ in texas VS TCU
@ Texas
then Houston at home

in the same year?

smokin.gif
smokin.gif

ONE CHOKE?
ohwell.gif

consistent winner? thats like saying Memphis is a consistant winner in basketball.... they dont play no body thru out their conference play.

Duh!

They play in weak conferences, that's why I pull the tiny violin when they start complaining about not getting their shot in the title game.

Memphis was a consistent winner, a team that the casual fan knew about, went to a title game. They are going to fall off though, now that the program isgoing in a different direction.

TCU is a team that the casual fan knows. A respectable opponent.

BTW....

legit question....

When are SEC teams going to get some more flak for playing weak #@@ OOC opponents? Florida's only worthy opponent to date is LSU (road). I give creditto Bama (VTech in Blacksburg and Georgia (Ok State, ASU). These schools refuse to leave the confines of the South.

I know it's because ESPN keeps shoving it down our throats like the Red Sox/Yankee's, but the SEC is the only conference that get's credit forbeating up on each other?

USC losing to Oregon State in Corvallis: "Another misstep by SC in the Pac 10".

Florida losing at home to Ole Miss: "That just shows you how tough the SEC is [slurp]".

why would you play
@ in texas VS TCU
@ Texas
then Houston at home

in the same year?

smokin.gif
smokin.gif

ONE CHOKE?
ohwell.gif

consistent winner? thats like saying Memphis is a consistant winner in basketball.... they dont play no body thru out their conference play.
The top of the Mountain West is as good as the top of the Big East or Big 10 so dont give me that crap. TCU, BYU, and Utah can play with anyoneand have shown it for the last few years. Hold back your BCS elitism and actually compare the conferences and you will see. Our teams also try and schedulebetter teams in out of conference to make up for teams like Wyoming and New Mexico. Hate on the MWC all you want, but if you actually knew college footballthen you wouldnt be disregarding them.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Trelvis Tha Thrilla wrote:
Im sorry but TCU would crush Iowa by at least 20 points
YA OK
Please son. Iowa and the Big 10 are trash!! You obviously havent watched TCU play. They have speed that those corn field boys wouldnt know what do with.

I doubt their speed would be too overwhelming for Iowa. They've played well against the SEC in their bowl games.

Originally Posted by isu42

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Trelvis Tha Thrilla wrote:
Im sorry but TCU would crush Iowa by at least 20 points
YA OK
Please son. Iowa and the Big 10 are trash!! You obviously havent watched TCU play. They have speed that those corn field boys wouldnt know what do with.

I doubt their speed would be too overwhelming for Iowa. They've played well against the SEC in their bowl games.

finally someone with some sense.

The top of the Mountain West is as good as the top of the Big East or Big 10 so dont give me that crap. TCU, BYU, and Utah can play with anyone and have shown it for the last few years. Hold back your BCS elitism and actually compare the conferences and you will see. Our teams also try and schedule better teams in out of conference to make up for teams like Wyoming and New Mexico.

laugh.gif
give u what crap? what are you even talking about. the MWC is a SORRY Football conference. Period. there is no disputing that
smh.gif

dude arguin about some other @@$@ that I havent even touched on
Hate on the MWC all you want, but if you actually knew college football then you wouldnt be disregarding them.

laugh.gif
hate

but you're right tho I dont know anything about college football. cool.

ooIRON Manoo wrote:

legit question....

When are SEC teams going to get some more flak for playing weak #@@ OOC opponents? Florida's only worthy opponent to date is LSU (road). I give credit to Bama (VTech in Blacksburg and Georgia (Ok State, ASU). These schools refuse to leave the confines of the South.

I know it's because ESPN keeps shoving it down our throats like the Red Sox/Yankee's, but the SEC is the only conference that get's credit for beating up on each other?

USC losing to Oregon State in Corvallis: "Another misstep by SC in the Pac 10".

Florida losing at home to Ole Miss: "That just shows you how tough the SEC is [slurp]".

It's not that hard to figure out, perception in this case really is reality. Just look at since the BCS has been implemented in 1998...5 BCSchampions..12-4 record in BCS games all time...the most players in the NFL currently, etc. One main reason is that the defensive talent is so rich in thisconference across the board even for the so called bottom feeders and as has been proven over the past years, a great defense will beat a great offense everysingle time.

It seems to me that you have a problem b/c SC doesn't get the same benefit for playing one big OOC game every year (ND doesn't count) and the restof their schedule being basically cake for the most part. USC has just run over that conference for so long and has so much more talent than everyone else inthe Pac-10, that is really is an embarrassment when they lose to a team who didn't even win a game last season (in Washington), or a teams that have nobusiness being competitive with them at all (UCLA, Oregon St). Maybe if someone besides SC steps up and actually is good year after year, the Pac-10 will getmore respect from the media.

`Unanimous' advice led Bradford to leave Oklahoma

NORMAN, Okla. (AP)-As his teammates gathered around him in a show of support, Heisman Trophy winner Sam Bradford described the unanimous advice it took forhim to enter the NFL draft and end his college career at Oklahoma that was the fulfillment of his childhood dreams.

"To make this decision and realize that I've probably played my last game at Oklahoma," Bradford said, taking pause at the thought,"it's really tough."

Bradford was raised by a former Sooners lineman just up the interstate in Oklahoma City and he considered the team a fitting substitute for the pro sportsfranchise, the state lacked. He signed with Oklahoma as an unheralded recruit, only to win the starting quarterback's job as a redshirt freshman and thenhave his career take off as a sophomore.

He broke the school records with 4,720 yards passing and 50 touchdowns en route to the Heisman Trophy and the BCS championship game a year ago, and it was a24-14 loss to Florida in the title game that brought him back for another season for another shot.

He leaves Oklahoma, which has never produced a starting NFL quarterback, as perhaps the school's most notable passer. Among his school records are thecareer marks for passing yardage and touchdowns.

"It's extremely tough considering that this is where I grew up, this is where I dreamed about playing. To put this in the past it's extremelytough," Bradford said.

"But I've been extremely blessed to be here. The past 3 1/2 years have been 3 1/2 of the best years of my life. I wouldn't trade a day ofit."

Teammates including fellow captains Gerald McCoy and Brody Eldridge, tight end Jermaine Gresham-who's also out for the season following knee surgery-and starters Chris Brown, Ryan Broyles and Trent Williams filed in behind Bradford as he spoke in the team's meeting room.

Dr. James Andrews will perform season-ending surgery on Bradford's right, throwing shoulder Wednesday in Birmingham, Ala. Bradford's recovery isexpected to take four to six months, with the NFL draft slightly less than six months away. Bradford said he'll stick with his plan to enter his name inthe draft in January as long as his rehab is going according to plan.

He said he doesn't know when he expects to get drafted.

"We'll figure that out," Bradford said.

Bradford said he will not hire an agent until after the season is over, so he can continue to travel with the team and remain involved. He intends tocomplete his degree in the spring, and is hopeful he can do so by taking online courses.

"I just know him personally, how hard this is for him to do this because I know deep down in his heart he wants to play," coach Bob Stoops said."But really for his future, immediate and long range, we are all the way fully supportive and want what's best for him. And as hard as it is for himto do, this is the right path to take."

Bradford was hurt just before halftime in the Sooners' season-opening loss to BYU and returned to play one full game before getting injured again in anOct. 17 loss against Texas. He accompanied the Sooners for their win at Kansas on Saturday, then announced his decision the following day.

"After talking to a lot of people and getting a lot of information, it seemed like this was kind of the unanimous decision that everyone came to,"Bradford said.

Bradford was projected as high as the No. 1 overall pick in this year's NFL draft before deciding to return to school. He took out an insurance policyto protect his future earnings, but declined Monday to talk about the terms of it.

"Some people think money is everything, but to me money is not everything," Bradford said. "To look at these guys and look at therelationships I've built and the experience that I've had here. Not many people can say that."

Too Late dummy!
smh.gif
bullet.gif
Miami's 3-1 start wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Don't take that the wrong way. Miami's 3-1 start over ranked teams is a major achievement, especially when there were legitimate fears the Hurricanes could start 0-4 or 1-3. But let's not overrate those first four games. I know Oklahoma and Florida State made statements this week, but those statements were on the road against Kansas and North Carolina, respectively. That should say something right there. Miami itself showed some flaws last week by allowing six sacks against UCF. This week, Miami hit a speed bump by losing at home to unranked Clemson, allowing Tigers redshirt freshman quarterback Kyle Parker to pass for 330 yards and three touchdowns. Miami quarterback Jacory Harris threw three interceptions. Miami still could win out for a wildly successful 10-2 season, but the Hurricanes also showed they could be vulnerable to mid-level ACC teams.
Hmm I said this same *$%# week 3 and I was a "UM Hater"
Guess Im not the only one who saw the Forest for the trees.

Back
Top Bottom