09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

And I know it sounds like I'm *****ing, but I'm just really confused in how the hell the guys over at Rivals pull this %$%# out of their @!+.

Like Dirk said, there's is absolutely no consistency in how they drop players based on "subpar" statistical performances.

Playing next to Anthony Wallace probably doesn't help Nelson's cause... Nelson is a great looking prospect but Wallace is on another level...

Stats don't matter. They judge players on talent and potential. I've seen players that weren't even starters on their own team be highly rated.Players who have missed their entire senior year because of injury or something. Ray Ray was a 5star safety coming out and he barely even played safety in HS.He was a damn QB in high school.

So if a player dropped in the rankings, it's not because of stats. It's because they don't think he's that good. Or somebody else is better.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Stats don't matter. They judge players on talent and potential. I've seen players that weren't even starters on their own team be highly rated. Players who have missed their entire senior year because of injury or something. Ray Ray was a 5star safety coming out and he barely even played safety in HS. He was a damn QB in high school.

So if a player dropped in the rankings, it's not because of stats. It's because they don't think he's that good. Or somebody else is better.
To be fair, the A&M Rivals guy did say the reason he was given is because his stats are down and he's not making as many plays as he didlast year...

I'm really impressed with BYU's recruiting class.

They're hanging in there with a solid top 15-25 class (at this point anyways). It's crazy to see a MWC team up there that high.

BOWL PROJECTIONS

Updated Oct. 13
[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]BCS National Championship Game[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
FL.gif
[/td] [td]
bcslogo10.jpg

Jan. 8
Pasadena, Calif.
BCS #1 vs. BCS #2
[/td] [td]
TX.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Comment: The top two teams -- Florida and Texas -- are projected to meet in Pasadena. The Gators will be looking for their third title in the past four seasons, while Texas is looking for its first since 2005.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]

The champions of selected conferences are contractually committed to certain bowls, unless they are No. 1 or No. 2. (ACC: Orange; Big Ten: Rose; Big 12: Fiesta; Pac-10: Rose; SEC: Sugar). If a Bowl loses a host team to the title game, then the bowl gets first choice at a replacement team. The rest of the selection order for 2010 is as follows: Orange, Fiesta, Sugar.

One champion from C-USA, MAC, Mountain West, Sun Belt or WAC will earn an automatic berth in a BCS bowl game if either: A. Such team is ranked in the top 12 of the final BCS Standings, or, B. Such team is ranked in the top 16 of the final BCS Standings and its ranking in the final BCS Standings is higher than that of a champion of a conference that has an annual automatic berth in one of the BCS bowls.
[/td] [td]�[/td] [td]
[table][tr][td]Video: Bowl Projections 10/5[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td] More College Football Video[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]Orange Bowl[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
VATECH.gif
[/td] [td]Jan. 5
Miami, Fla.
BCS vs. BCS
[/td] [td]
IA.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Comment: The ACC champion is locked to the Orange Bowl and we now project it to be Virginia Tech. The Orange Bowl gets the first pick after the replacement picks and will take the Big Ten runner-up.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [td]�[/td] [td]
[table][tr][td]Fiesta Bowl[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
USC.gif
[/td] [td]Jan. 4
Glendale, Ariz.
BCS vs. BCS
[/td] [td]
BST.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Comment: The Big 12 champion is locked to the Fiesta Bowl, but with Texas projected to the title game, the Fiesta gets a replacement pick. We project it will be Pac-10 runner up USC. If Boise State goes undefeated they will be back in the Fiesta Bowl.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]Sugar Bowl[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
AL.gif
[/td] [td]Jan. 1
New Orleans
BCS vs. BCS
[/td] [td]
CIN.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Comment: With Florida going to the title game, the Sugar Bowl will take the second-best SEC team -- Alabama. Cincinnati is now the favorite to win the Big East and land here.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [td]�[/td] [td]
[table][tr][td]Rose Bowl[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
OR.gif
[/td] [td]Jan. 1
Pasadena, Calif.
BCS vs. BCS
[/td] [td]
OHST.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Comment: Even though it has two anchor conferences, the Pac-10 and the Big Ten, the projections change almost every week. This week, Oregon is projected as the Pac-10 champion and takes on Ohio State.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Non-BCS Games[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bowl[/td] [td]Date[/td] [td]Location[/td] [td]TV[/td] [td]Time[/td] [td]Matchup[/td] [td]Prediction[/td] [/tr][tr][td]GMAC[/td] [td]Jan. 6[/td] [td]Mobile, Ala.[/td] [td]ESPN[/td] [td]7 p.m.[/td] [td]MAC vs. ACC No. 9[/td] [td]Temple vs. N.C. State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Alamo[/td] [td]Jan. 2[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]ESPN[/td] [td]9 p.m.[/td] [td]Big Ten No. 4/5 vs. Big 12 No. 5[/td] [td]Michigan State vs. Kansas[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Liberty[/td] [td]Jan. 2[/td] [td]Memphis, Tenn.[/td] [td]ESPN[/td] [td]5:30 p.m.[/td] [td]C-USA No. 1 vs. SEC[/td] [td]Houston vs. Georgia[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Cotton[/td] [td]Jan. 2[/td] [td]Dallas[/td] [td]FOX[/td] [td]2 p.m.[/td] [td]Big 12 No. 2 vs. SEC[/td] [td]Nebraska vs. South Carolina[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Papajohns.com[/td] [td]Jan. 2[/td] [td]Birmingham, Ala.[/td] [td]ESPN[/td] [td]2 p.m.[/td] [td]Big East vs. SEC[/td] [td]South Florida vs. Auburn[/td] [/tr][tr][td]International[/td] [td]Jan. 2[/td] [td]Toronto[/td] [td]ESPN2[/td] [td]Noon[/td] [td]Big East vs. MAC[/td] [td]Pittsburgh vs. Northern Illinois[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Gator[/td] [td]Jan. 1[/td] [td]Jacksonville, Fla.[/td] [td]CBS[/td] [td]1 p.m.[/td] [td]ACC No. 3 vs. Big East/Big 12[/td] [td]Georgia Tech vs. Notre Dame[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Capital One[/td] [td]Jan. 1[/td] [td]Orlando, Fla.[/td] [td]ABC[/td] [td]1 p.m.[/td] [td]Big Ten No. 2 vs. SEC No. 2[/td] [td]Penn State vs. LSU[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Outback[/td] [td]Jan. 1[/td] [td]Tampa, Fla.[/td] [td]ESPN[/td] [td]11 a.m.[/td] [td]Big Ten No. 3 vs. SEC[/td] [td]Wisconsin vs. Mississippi[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chick-fil-A[/td] [td]Dec. 31[/td] [td]Atlanta[/td] [td]ESPN[/td] [td]7:30 p.m.[/td] [td]SEC vs. ACC No. 2[/td] [td]Tennessee vs. Miami (Fla.)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Insight[/td] [td]Dec. 31[/td] [td]Tempe, Ariz.[/td] [td]NFL Net.[/td] [td]5:30 p.m.[/td] [td]Big Ten No. 6 vs. Big 12 No. 6[/td] [td]Minnesota vs. Missouri[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun[/td] [td]Dec. 31[/td] [td]El Paso, Tex.[/td] [td]CBS[/td] [td]Noon[/td] [td]Pac-10 No. 3 vs. Big 12/Big East[/td] [td]Oregon State vs. Oklahoma State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Armed Forces[/td] [td]Dec. 31[/td] [td]Fort Worth, Tex.[/td] [td]ESPN[/td] [td]Noon[/td] [td]MWC vs. C-USA[/td] [td]TCU vs. Tulsa[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Holiday[/td] [td]Dec. 30[/td] [td]San Diego, Calif.[/td] [td]ESPN[/td] [td]8 p.m.[/td] [td]Pac-10 No. 2 vs. Big 12 No. 3[/td] [td]California vs. Oklahoma[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Texas[/td] [td]Dec. 30[/td] [td]Houston[/td] [td]NFL Net.[/td] [td]8 p.m.[/td] [td]Big 12 No. 8 vs. Navy[/td] [td]Washington* vs. Navy[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Humanitarian[/td] [td]Dec. 30[/td] [td]Boise, Idaho[/td] [td]ESPN[/td] [td]4:30 p.m.[/td] [td]WAC vs. MWC[/td] [td]Idaho vs. Air Force[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Champs Sports[/td] [td]Dec. 29[/td] [td]Orlando, Fla.[/td] [td]ESPN[/td] [td]8 p.m.[/td] [td]ACC No. 4 vs. Big Ten No. 4/5[/td] [td]Wake Forest vs. Michigan[/td] [/tr][tr][td]EagleBank[/td] [td]Dec. 29[/td] [td]Washington D.C.[/td] [td]ESPN[/td] [td]4:30 p.m.[/td] [td]Army vs. ACC No. 8[/td] [td]Army vs. Boston College[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Independence[/td] [td]Dec. 28[/td] [td]Shreveport, La.[/td] [td]ESPN[/td] [td]5 p.m.[/td] [td]Big 12 vs. SEC[/td] [td]Texas Tech vs. Kentucky[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Music City[/td] [td]Dec. 27[/td] [td]Nashville, Tenn.[/td] [td]ESPN[/td] [td]8:15 p.m.[/td] [td]SEC vs. ACC No. 5/6/7[/td] [td]Arkansas vs. North Carolina[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Emerald[/td] [td]Dec. 26[/td] [td]San Francisco[/td] [td]ESPN[/td] [td]8:30 p.m.[/td] [td]ACC No. 5/6/7 vs. Pac-10[/td] [td]Clemson vs. Stanford[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Meineke Car Care[/td] [td]Dec. 26[/td] [td]Charlotte, N.C.[/td] [td]ESPN[/td] [td]4 p.m.[/td] [td]ACC No. 5/6/7 vs. Big East No. 3[/td] [td]Florida State vs. West Virginia[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pizza[/td] [td]Dec. 26[/td] [td]Detroit, Mich.[/td] [td]ESPN[/td] [td]5 p.m.[/td] [td]MAC vs. Big Ten No. 7[/td] [td]Central Michigan vs. Northwestern[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Hawaii[/td] [td]Dec. 24[/td] [td]Honolulu[/td] [td]ESPN[/td] [td]8 p.m.[/td] [td]WAC vs. C-USA[/td] [td]Nevada vs. SMU[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Poinsettia[/td] [td]Dec. 23[/td] [td]San Diego, Calif.[/td] [td]ESPN[/td] [td]8 p.m.[/td] [td]MWC vs. Pac-10 No. 6[/td] [td]Utah vs. UCLA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Las Vegas[/td] [td]Dec. 22[/td] [td]Las Vegas, Nev.[/td] [td]ESPN[/td] [td]8 p.m.[/td] [td]Pac-10 vs. MWC No. 1[/td] [td]Arizona vs. BYU[/td] [/tr][tr][td]New Orleans[/td] [td]Dec. 20[/td] [td]New Orleans[/td] [td]ESPN[/td] [td]8 p.m.[/td] [td]Sun Belt No. 1 vs. C-USA[/td] [td]Troy vs. East Carolina[/td] [/tr][tr][td]St. Petersburg[/td] [td]Dec. 19[/td] [td]St. Petersburg, Fla.[/td] [td]ESPN[/td] [td]8 p.m.[/td] [td]Big East vs. C-USA[/td] [td]Rutgers vs. UCF[/td] [/tr][tr][td]New Mexico[/td] [td]Dec. 19[/td] [td]Albuquerque, N.M.[/td] [td]ESPN[/td] [td]4:30 p.m.[/td] [td]MWC vs. WAC[/td] [td]Colorado State vs. Louisiana Tech[/td] [/tr][/table]

I've always found it funny to see dudes, especially grown men, get butthurt over where a 17 year old kid is ranked and/or decide to attend college.

[table][tr][td]Pizza[/td] [td]Dec. 26[/td] [td]Detroit, Mich.[/td] [td]ESPN[/td] [td]5 p.m.[/td] [td]MAC vs. Big Ten No. 7[/td] [td]Central Michigan vs. Northwestern[/td] [/tr][/table]

The Pizza Bowl? What the hell is this? Times that tough?

why is clausen #2 in the heisman race? they have two losses (will finsh with at least 3) and tate and allen are averaging what seems like 30 yac. it hasnothing to do with any throws hes making in particular...

Originally Posted by Nako XL

why is clausen #2 in the heisman race? they have two losses (will finsh with at least 3) and tate and allen are averaging what seems like 30 yac. it has nothing to do with any throws hes making in particular...
Heisman race right now is kinda weird, ain't it?

Tebow and McCoy really aren't throwing up crazy numbers... Bradford fell out of the pack...

From that top group of teams the guy that kinda jumps out is Ingram, but even he's just barely Top 10 in the country in rushing...

why is clausen #2 in the heisman race? they have two losses (will finsh with at least 3) and tate and allen are averaging what seems like 30 yac. it has nothing to do with any throws hes making in particular...
1 loss.

and have you watched him play? he's been the best QB in cfb this year.

If he can beat USC, it'll be his to lose. lucky for them, they dodge Floyd once again.

Tebow went 8-4 and won the heisman

Originally Posted by dreClark

Tebow went 8-4 and won the heisman

and he had no business winning that heisman too
the last 20 yrs, there has never been a Heisman trophy go to a QB with that kinda garbage record.
that was darren Mcfaddens trophy and thats a damn shame.

I know what ur saying. He just should not have won the heisman.

090924_Michigan.ss_full.jpg

090909_USCCheer.ss_full.jpg

090909_CalCheer.ss_full.jpg

090909_ColoradoStateCheer.ss_full.jpg

Editor's Note:
This image contains graphic content that some viewers may find disturbing.

Click to view the image,
or use the buttons above to navigate away.
090909_OklahomaStateCheer2.ss_full.jpg

090924_Colorado.ss_full.jpg

:Tennessee vs. Miami (Fla.)"

oh how i would love this just so i can talk my %$+# and hear the excuses....

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Heisman race right now is kinda weird, ain't it?

Tebow and McCoy really aren't throwing up crazy numbers... Bradford fell out of the pack...

From that top group of teams the guy that kinda jumps out is Ingram, but even he's just barely Top 10 in the country in rushing...

All I know is unless McCoy starts balling his $++ off, he shouldn't win the Heisman. And Tebow damn sure shouldn't win it; Tyrod Taylor has betternumbers than Tebow does so far(and he definitely doesn't belong in the discussion).

IMO unless some QB steps it up huge over the rest of the season, it should go to Ndabwaoeif Suh. IMO he's the best defensive player in the country. Hestraight up took over the game against Missouri, and he DOMINATED against us and would have been the reason they won if not for our miracle finish. I think hehad a couple sacks and like 4 batted passes. Just filthy.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

1 loss.

and have you watched him play? he's been the best QB in cfb this year.

If he can beat USC, it'll be his to lose. lucky for them, they dodge Floyd once again.
Far from it, in my opinion. As far as making plays for his team, I'd argue a number of other QBs do much more than he does.

And his stats aren't an accurate reflection of HIS play. All of those weapons around him turn 5-10 yard slants into 50 yard plays. I'm not arguing hebelongs in the conversation, I just don't understand how all of these analysts can claim hes the unanimous #2 (or even leader if you listen to somepeople.)

And how is Erick Decker nowhere to be seen on most of these experts lists?

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

College sluts......
pimp.gif
. Sometimes it hurts getting old.

4ad26a841ad2e08de5f4e9e32b2d2954257a8be6.pjpg

Never too old for the smidutts...
My house is 5 minutes from Rollins College and 15 minutes from UCF.

its too [murda Mook] EASYYYYY [/Murda Mook]

[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Far from it, in my opinion. As far as making plays for his team, I'd argue a number of other QBs do much more than he does.

And his stats aren't an accurate reflection of HIS play. All of those weapons around him turn 5-10 yard slants into 50 yard plays. I'm not arguing he belongs in the conversation, I just don't understand how all of these analysts can claim hes the unanimous #2 (or even leader if you listen to some people.)

And how is Erick Decker nowhere to be seen on most of these experts lists?
[/td] [/tr][/table]

da hell are you talkin about? 5 yard slants? from Jimmy?

Dude throws more Bombs and deep routes than ANYONE.
Decker? on heisman? what the %$@! for?

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

All I know is unless McCoy starts balling his $++ off, he shouldn't win the Heisman. And Tebow damn sure shouldn't win it; Tyrod Taylor has better numbers than Tebow does so far(and he definitely doesn't belong in the discussion).

IMO unless some QB steps it up huge over the rest of the season, it should go to Ndabwaoeif Suh. IMO he's the best defensive player in the country. He straight up took over the game against Missouri, and he DOMINATED against us and would have been the reason they won if not for our miracle finish. I think he had a couple sacks and like 4 batted passes. Just filthy.
Agreed on McCoy and Tebow...

And it's early, but if ever there was a year for a defensive player to step up and win it, right now is looking like a good one...
Dude throws more Bombs and deep routes than ANYONE.

laugh.gif
Right? And I don't think I've seen a QB this yearthat throws the deep ball better than Jimmy has...

Back
Top Bottom