09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Former Florida State strong safety Myron Rolle to play in the 2010 Senior Bowl. That's been reported by both Pete Thamel of the New York Times and Bruce Feldman of ESPN.com.
I wonder how his scholastics are going.

BTW...Tate forcier got a concussion late against Iowa and went unnoticed...and wasnt part of the decision of RR putting Denard in....

October 13, 2009
[h1]Top 2011 QB Impressed With Vols[/h1]
Paul Fortenberry
VolQuest.com

Talk about it in The Tribal Council
Jonathan Crompton wasn't the only quarterback in Knoxville that dominated his opponent this weekend. Butler (N.C.) High School 2011 quarterback Christian LeMay led his Bulldogs to a 52-13 thrashing of East Mecklenburg Friday night.

LeMay, who is already holding offers from Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Florida State, among others, finished the night 12 of 15 passing for 227 yards and three touchdowns in his team's win.

Saturday, LeMay was in Knoxville as an unofficial visitor to witness Tennessee's 45-19 pasting of Georgia.

"Supposedly rivalries don't get blow outs like this," the 6-foot-2 signal caller said. "That just shows you how well Tennessee played."

The junior prospect did not arrive in time to tour campus, but he did get to spend time with Vols' head coach Lane Kiffin.

"We got in a good little one-on-one session with coach Kiffin," LeMay said. "I was really honored he spent that time with me. He just stressed the point they really want me there."

After Tennessee struggled to score points in its first two SEC games, LeMay believes this offense has the ability to be potent.

"Once they get the offense clicking, no one can stop them," LeMay noted.

A team that was starved for a meaningful victory, LeMay noticed this was a good win for the program.

"It was just a straight up good victory, it builds up good morale."

Besides the play on the field, LeMay was impressed with the spectators that filled Neyland Stadium.

"It was really great to see all that (the crowd) and we all know what the game was like, and I saw some things that were eye opening," LeMay said. "When you hear about Neyland Stadium you know the fans are going to show up. I mean, there were 103,000 people there."

Although he had a matching wardrobe of the opposing fan base in the stadium, LeMay joked that Tennessee fans showed mercy.

"Everyone was real good about it (wearing red and black of his high school team). They understood," LeMay said. "Plus, it didn't have Georgia anywhere."
indifferent.gif

And word is our starting TE, Caz Piruowski is out for the season w/ a torn ACL/MCL.

Way to end your season. He was looking like a solid mid-round prospect.

How do ya'll know Jeffcoat's a Coog for sure I know he goes to the home games and his dad coaches the D-line there, but iono....

Oh and RKO i think Gilyard's a beast 2nd best WR in college football behind a AJ Green and 3rd on draft day, plus if you've heard his story you couldnot dislike the guy lol.

New Rivals100 comes out later today, with the rest of the Rivals250 coming out tomorrow.

Supposedly Corey Nelson won't be in the top 100 anymore due to a "subpar season." I guess when you only play 2 quarters a game because you'rebeating every team by 30+, that doesn't get taken into account.

Umm. Yeah it does. Rivals ranks on performance, talent, and their predicted success at the next level. Stats don't matter. Most elite players on good teamsaren't playing more than a half anyway because the games are blowouts. There's plenty of kids with lesser stats that are ranked higher than kids withmuch better stats.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Umm. Yeah it does. Rivals ranks on performance, talent, and their predicted success at the next level. Stats don't matter. Most elite players on good teams aren't playing more than a half anyway because the games are blowouts. There's plenty of kids with lesser stats that are ranked higher than kids with much better stats.
Are stats not a by-product of performance?

And I've seen kids get dropped in the rankings by Rivals for not putting up "numbers." But these "numbers" don't matter?

And if stats don't matter...please tell me why they list stats on the kids' profiles.

Originally Posted by tmay407

Supposedly Corey Nelson won't be in the top 100 anymore due to a "subpar season." I guess when you only play 2 quarters a game because you're beating every team by 30+, that doesn't get taken into account.
They've had him as high as like 25 and they've dropped him every time because they're worried about his size...
eyes.gif
There's no consistency at all in who they drop based on bad statisticalseasons...

All this rankings crap is sheer entertainment value anyways... Nelson's a great prospect regardless...

[table][tr][td]2[/td] [td]Kyle Prater
Hillside (IL) Proviso West[/td] [td]
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]6-5/205[/td] [td]USC[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]Prater had 60 catches for 948 yards and nine TDs as a junior.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]Robert Woods
Gardena (CA) Junipero Serra[/td] [td]
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
[/td] [td]ATH[/td] [td]6-1/180[/td] [td]USC[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]Woods had 81 catches for 1,378 yards and 19 TDs as a junior.[/td] [/tr][/table]
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom