09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Extension probably won't come til after season is over anyway. It's not like we wont be able to get a decent OC even if Whip does leave. C'mon now...we probably preseason top 10 next year with a Heisman candidate at QB....getting somebody to replace Whipple wont be that hard. Plus...it's not a guarantee that Whipple leaves now that his son is our scout team QB now

didnt know that (about his son)....I heard he will only leave if BC comes back to the NFL....so we gotta see how that goes....

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

getting somebody to replace Whipple wont be that hard.
laugh.gif

And the player backlash towards FSU is starting already
smh.gif
tired.gif

It took Miami how long to get a good oc? And if he leaves you can replace him easy? Lol plus ant the u cheap on paying coachs?

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by aepps20

What have you heard?
Oh, lemme be clear. I meant former player backlash.

As of now, Deion, Dockett, Petey and I believe Leon have all said something.

I hope this situation works out for the best because I like it when FSU and Miami are good at the same time. Besides, I'm not too sold on Jimbo but it iswhat it is.

FSU shoulda made it clear to Bowden from the jump that when Jimbo became HCIW he takes over all day to day activities, hires his own staff, etc.

Watch Jimbo mess around and have FSU humming in 2 years
[h1]Angry PrimeTime defends Bowden[/h1]
Posted by John Taylor on October 6, 2009 11:24 AM ET
Deion Sanders is the greatest athlete and football player in the history of the Florida State football program. ( No offense, Charlie Ward.) Given his FSU resume', plus the fact that he played under Bobby Bowden, the Hall of Famer carries a certain amount of weight when it comes to the current firestorm surrounding the coach.
Never one to mince many words, Sanders spoke out about the Bowden situation to the Tallahassee Democrat. And, needless to say, PrimeTime feels his former coach is being wronged. Very, very wronged.

Sanders lashed out at the "disrespect" being shown to the legendary coach, saying that it's "ignorant" to place the blame on Bowden for the state of the football program.

(Actually, what's ignorant is to lay none of the blame on Bowden, but I digress...)

"I hate to hear this nonsense about Coach Bowden, especially from the parties that are stating it," Sanders told the Democrat. "The Board of Trustees -- Florida State wouldn't be Florida State without Coach Bowden, first of all.

"It just angers me that you are going to kill a man while he's alive. At least have a proper funeral for him. He's still living. He can see how you are treating him.

"It angers me because I know what he means to me and the generation before me, and the generation after me. To disrespect him in this manner and place the blame on him for the football program, that's ignorant."

Once again, this situation in Tallahassee is growing uglier with each passing minute. FSU doesn't need this type of tarnishing, and Coach Bowden doesn't deserve the tarnishing at all.

It's time for all involved to grow up and find a solution, rather than their current issue-solving method of throwing sticks and stones at each other via the media. Especially as each and every one of them are currently residing in glass houses.

Originally Posted by lowslows

FSU shoulda made it clear to Bowden from the jump that when Jimbo became HCIW he takes over all day to day activities, hires his own staff, etc.
They tried but Coach Bowden wouldn't go for it. This whole situation is a cluster #@+#. That's why they are trying to force his hand.Bobby wouldn't budge.

He wants to make Chuck **** the DC.

Wanted to make him the DC last year when Mickey was gonna retire, but Jimbo talked Mickey into coming back because he knew what Bobby was going to do.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I genuinely cannot remember the last time dude made a .gif I didn't laugh outloud at...

FREAK
mad.gif

Walter Thurmond III is out with a knee injury for the season...

...his replacement? Willie Glasper?
Done for the year with a knee injury.

And Masoli probably won't play this week against UCLA with a "day-to-day" knee injury.
I swear, if I have another 2007...I'm gonna off myself.

Originally Posted by 18key

Wait when did Glasper hurt his knee? I never heard anything bout that.

Willie Glasper Lost for the Season with Knee Injury

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Courtesy: GoDucks.com
[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Release: 10/06/2009
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [table][tr][td][/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]University of Oregon senior cornerback Willie Glasper will miss the remainder of the year after suffering a season-ending knee injury during Tuesday's practice in the Moshofsky Center, according to the Ducks' head coach Chip Kelly.

Glasper was involved in a non-contact drill midway through the workout Tuesday before a MRI on his right knee revealed the injury was season ending.

The Pittsburg, Calif., native had evolved into a special teams standout and solid reserve defensive back the past two years while earning one starting assignment prior to the start of the 2009 season. The three-year letterman was playing his best football of his career the last two games while assuming the starting corner-back role in the place of the injured Walter Thurmond III, who was lost for the season with a knee injury suffered at the start of the California game on Sept. 26.

Glasper had recorded 11 tackles in five games this season, including 1.5 tackles of loss, and broke up two passes. Seven of those tackles were accumulated in the past two games.

He completes his collegiate career posting 65 tackles, one fumble recovery and one interception.
[/font]

frown.gif

I was reading ESPN on my phone and theres an article saying Bowden will not be forced out this yr, they'll let him finish out his contract but he has torelinquish some power to Jimbo.

Update: FSU sticks by Bowden

Bobby Bowden's stewardship over the Florida State football program will continue through the 2009 season. His tenure beyond that remains inquestion.

FSU president T.K. Wetherell issued the following release on Wednesday morning.

"Coach Bobby Bowden is a friend of mine, as a mentor and coach since my freshman year at FSU in 1963. His character and commitment to excellence hasalways been the signature of his career. Two years ago Coach Bowden and I and others stood together and announced that we were beginning a period of transitionfor the football program. That plan is in place and will produce results, given the opportunity and support.

"I want to assure all fans, friends, supporters and alumni of Florida State University that that transition will be finalized. Jimbo Fisher will beFlorida State University's next Head Football Coach. We expect to work with Coach Fisher on a contract toward that end, and I will evaluate the programwith the athletics director at the end of this season.

"As educators we teach our students to always do the right thing, to do it the right way and to never give up. We teach them to always strive forexcellence and to make good decisions with that end in mind. Our athletics programs are built on the foundation of helping young people build character anddisplay that in their personal actions as well as on the fields of play. We also expect our teams to be competitive.

"Our administration also is committed to those ideals. In intercollegiate athletics that means evaluating every coaching position at the end of theseason. Any coach can choose to retire at any time. However, it is the athletics director's responsibility to determine which coaches are hired and whichcontracts are extended.

"I know all of our fans, friends, supporters and alumni will accord the coaching staff and our young student-athletes all the support, encouragementand respect they deserve. I will respect the process. FSU does not make coaching changes in the middle of the season. We are going to win games and buildcharacter. We ask our coaches and players to play out every play of evey game - and never, never quit. To quit on a team or coaches in mid season is not theSeminole way - not the "unconquered" way. What message would it send to anyone - friend or foe - to do that at this time?

"Specifically, I also know that Bobby Bowden loves this university. I have talked with him at length, and I know that he will do the right thing, as healways has done. I know the man and I know what's in his heart.

"I have spoken with numerous fans, alumni, Boosters, supporters and staff, and I will make a final report to the full Board of Trustees at the end ofthe year. Until then, FSU will concentrate on supporting our team and student-athletes in winning as many games as possible. Neither the university nor I willhave further comment on this matter until then."

Back
Top Bottom