09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

That deal has been on the table since last year AT LEAST.

Bobby doesn't want to give up control.

This is a touchy situation. But at the end of the day, once the Trustee jumped out there, you gotta go full bore now.

Bobby has to go.

If Bobby is here next year, the program is going to be in shambles even moreso than it is now.

It's time.
ohwell.gif

Has been for years now.

they jus aired that on ESPN...they said the other day that he would relinquish control and decisions to Jimbo regardless if he left or not. but i guess the ADsaid they will not force him out at their meeting...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Walter Thurmond III is out with a knee injury for the season...

...his replacement? Willie Glasper?
Done for the year with a knee injury.

And Masoli probably won't play this week against UCLA with a "day-to-day" knee injury.
I swear, if I have another 2007...I'm gonna off myself.

Damnit.
smh.gif

Why the $##! would you even let him stay though? That's going to cause more hurt than harm.

This isn't Penn St.

You can't compare them.

Bottom line, there is no reason for Bobby Bowden to be the head coach of FSU after this season.

I'm almost tempted to make a whole different thread on this. Because there is a lot going on (that isn't being reported) and I don't wanna keepcluttering this thread w/ that information and the fiasco as a whole.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Why the $##! would you even let him stay though? That's going to cause more hurt than harm.

This isn't Penn St.

You can't compare them.

Bottom line, there is no reason for Bobby Bowden to be the head coach of FSU after this season.

I'm almost tempted to make a whole different thread on this. Because there is a lot going on (that isn't being reported) and I don't wanna keep cluttering this thread w/ that information and the fiasco as a whole.

u right but what !*@+%@ him up was having all these chefs in the kitchen...you got associate head coach, coach in waiting, Co-head coach...what happen tostructure? honestly if he doesn't have control and relinquishes it to Jimbo, then he needs to walk away as much as i hate to see him go...if thingscan't go back to the way they were on the sideline, i rather him walk with dignity then coach as a lame duck as if they may win one more Nat'l Titlenext yr

And _'s from Winston always wonder why I hate them

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Yo, how was the club? I see you was out there poppin' Rose' and $%**
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JUUG KNIGHT

r.i.p. fsu........the loss to GT this saturday will be the nail in the coffin.....
For some reason I see FSU winning that game. Maybe the team will rally around all the controversy or something.

I hope GT wins though cus I'd rather play them coming off of a win than a loss and it will help our SOS. I'm actually worried about our young LB'sagainst GT's option; they've been playing undisciplined this year and missing their assignments and not playing gap control well, which will kill usagainst the option.

And _'s from Winston always wonder why I hate them

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Yo, how was the club? I see you was out there poppin' Rose' and $%**
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
hell yea....it was fun as hell...a lot of people from central was in there and some a&t folks....females were
pimp.gif

Yea i think FSU wins the GT game too.

I also got this weird feeling that when Jimbo takes over, FSU starts to roll.

idk why tho
embarassed.gif

and why aint Bradham in the middle? Kendall Smith be gettin killed at the point of attack

this could either be a blow out by FSU cus they circling the wagons or a blow out by Ga tech cus FSU has closed up shop

I dont thing Ga Tech can attack that garbage secondary

quick question, Is Florida State getting the talent it used to?

Is Florida State getting the talent it used to?

I think so, but everyone else is getting equal or better talent. They arent the "it" team anymore and I think that is a big part of the problem.

Bobby Bowden ain't gonna relinquish power or control while he's still there... And he shouldn't have to...

If you want Jimbo to have more control, just tell Coach Bowden it's time to move on... At least being honest about it is more respectful of what he'sdone for the program than asking him to stand on the sidelines and dance like a puppet...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by SylvesterMcGrizzly

Wow I jus saw on espn that if Jimbo doesn't become the head coach they gotta pay him 5mil...
eek.gif
smh.gif
Yeah....

That's in 2011 though.

It was a part of the whole HCIW deal.

And our talent level is nowhere near what it was. Bad recruiting, bad coaching, bad talent evaluation, transfers, etc. WE START KOREY @+*@#@* MANGUM. HEWOULDN'T START AT MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE.

'08 and '09 classes are helping though.
If you want Jimbo to have more control, just tell Coach Bowden it's time to move on... At least being honest about it is more respectful of what he's done for the program than asking him to stand on the sidelines and dance like a puppet...
I agree. Which is why I say just get rid of him. I mean, we're going to take the PR hit regardless. Why hurt the team (on field product) aswell. This @$#* is going to KILL recruiting.
smh.gif

But Coach B doesn't want to go. And I'm not 100% clear on the verbage of his year to year contracts.

And word is he, Terry and Chuck have hired a PR firm
smh.gif

Coach Bowden:
I believe they are. Same old story, when the season's over I'll let them know if I want to come back.
Read: Unless they get rid of me, I'm coming back

smh.gif
smh.gif

And he's still steadfast in making Chuck the DC next year when Mickey retires.

He's not going anywhere unless someone fires him, and T.K. damn sure doesn't have the balls to do that. T.K. is stepping down soon too and thenwe'll have an interim pres. for a few months so nothing is gonna happen until the season is over.

U don't fire bobby bowden, you let him level on his own accord and I knew that the 5mil didn't apply to next yr but the way bobby speaks, he not leavinanytime soon so that 5mil is
eek.gif
so we all know they are gonna do everything to discourage bobby from returnin...but like u said dre talent aint what it useto be especially the secondary dl is still there, o-line...skill positions have been sorely lackin....

U don't fire bobby bowden,
Yeah, but if his time has come and passed, do you still let him reign? Do you let him run the team into the ground?

That kinda thinking is why we are where we are now. We all know Bowden shoulda called it quits years ago.

No coach is above reproach. All coaches, regardless of their contributions, can and should be fired if need be. No one man is more important than theteam/school. Isn't that what coaches preach every day? CFB, like it or not, is a business.

But then again, I can't put ALL the blame on him. BUT his decisions have hurt more than they have helped post 2001.

And out DL +%%#%%$ sucks. I knew Everette Brown leaving was going to hurt, but not this bad.

And at the end of the day, I don't see any way in hell that FSU forks over that 5 mil.

The only way I see BB coming back next year is if he will accept the Joepa role. No way in HELL Amato will ever be DC at FSU. If he's DC, say bye bye toJimbo and Trickett, and there's no way the boosters will let that happen.

How many other coaches at elite football programs would last through a stretch of ONE 10 win season since 2001?

This is a situation where "What have you done for me lately?" needs to carry some weight... That program has been on a downward turn for almost adecade... Something's gotta change...

U don't fire bobby bowden,
Yeah, but if his time has come and passed, do you still let him reign? Do you let him run the team into the ground?

That kinda thinking is why we are where we are now. We all know Bowden shoulda called it quits years ago.

No coach is above reproach. All coaches, regardless of their contributions, can and should be fired if need be. No one man is more important than the team/school. Isn't that what coaches preach every day? CFB, like it or not, is a business.

But then again, I can't put ALL the blame on him. BUT his decisions have hurt more than they have helped post 2001.

And out DL +%%#%%$ sucks. I knew Everette Brown leaving was going to hurt, but not this bad.

And at the end of the day, I don't see any way in hell that FSU forks over that 5 mil.

you don't fire him but you don't have to rework a deal wit the man. If you wanted him gone before why work on an extension to keep him? at the end of ayr they coulda hit him with the thanks for everything but we gonna go with someone else in a different direction

This isn't Penn St.

You can't compare them.
why cant you compare them?

Back
Top Bottom