09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

If that's true Billy G is a dirt bag...
smh.gif

JJ could BALL, too...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

If that's true Billy G is a dirt bag...
smh.gif

JJ could BALL, too...
Karma's a !+#@%. And it looks like it's starting to catch up with BCG.

I actually want to see Boise and my BCats go up against the "big schools". I think BK said that "Big Ten teams are hard to get" meaningthey are ducking schools like Boise, UC, and other threats. Florida State probably wasn't a random thing. Teams get ducked for a reason. Not saying the"smaller" schools would win or anything but what does that say about the big schools who are ducking them? What is that I smell OhioState/Michigan/Michigan State/Penn St?

Teams have to make a great effort to go out and play the big boys. and i don't mean just scheduling home & homes. you gotta play there 1st before youcan gain their respect. Granted in the last couple years teams have gotten more scared to schedule these bcs buster type of schools cause they don't wantto be the school that loses to them. So some of the blame goes on the big time schools for basically being *#@+#

Thats how BB brought FSU to the mainstream when he 1st started. I mean he scheduled LSU @ LSU for 3 straight years along with playing @ Nebraska and @ ND. Iknow it's much more difficult to do in this age but if you want to be part of the top you have to schedule more than just one above average - great team ayear on you OOC sched

Originally Posted by jville819

Teams have to make a great effort to go out and play the big boys. and i don't mean just scheduling home & homes. you gotta play there 1st before you can gain their respect. Granted in the last couple years teams have gotten more scared to schedule these bcs buster type of schools cause they don't want to be the school that loses to them. So some of the blame goes on the big time schools for basically being *#@+#

Thats how BB brought FSU to the mainstream when he 1st started. I mean he scheduled LSU @ LSU for 3 straight years along with playing @ Nebraska and @ ND. I know it's much more difficult to do in this age but if you want to be part of the top you have to schedule more than just one above average - great team a year on you OOC sched

OK got you. Well then I want UC to start going to these big schools then. I know we will be underdogs, but if you do your job and play good sound ball, you canbeat anyone. I LOVE competition so I think we can beat anybody anywhere. DO IT BK. Put Ohio State on the schedule.
devil.gif

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Teams have to make a great effort to go out and play the big boys. and i don't mean just scheduling home & homes. you gotta play there 1st before you
can gain their respect. Granted in the last couple years teams have gotten more scared to schedule these bcs buster type of schools cause they don't want
to be the school that loses to them. So some of the blame goes on the big time schools for basically being *#@+#

Thats how BB brought FSU to the mainstream when he 1st started. I mean he scheduled LSU @ LSU for 3 straight years along with playing @ Nebraska and @ ND. I
know it's much more difficult to do in this age but if you want to be part of the top you have to schedule more than just one above average - great team a
year on you OOC sched

OK got you. Well then I want UC to start going to these big schools then. I know we will be underdogs, but if you do your job and play good sound ball, you can beat anyone. I LOVE competition so I think we can beat anybody anywhere. DO IT BK. Put Ohio State on the schedule.
devil.gif

There has to be a willingness from both parties. BK is trying to market both himself and the program so he has been pretty aggressive in terms of schedulingbig name programs. OSU pulled out of the scheduled game that we had as the return game with them in Cincinnati. They ended up paying UC about 1 mill to get outof the game, and UC was able to get a game with OSU at the horseshoe. Tressel really has nothing to win and everything to lose with playing UC. Losing to themcould hurt recruiting battles as well as rankings/ NC chances, but winning doesn't do much since they're mighty OSU. Most programs see this the sameway. Fortunately, programs such as Oklahoma and Tennessee are willing to take the risk and we have future dates scheduled with them. The difficult thing to dois finding teams who will do home and home series since we aren't an elite level team, but we aren't a cupcake either.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Teams have to make a great effort to go out and play the big boys. and i don't mean just scheduling home & homes. you gotta play there 1st before you
can gain their respect. Granted in the last couple years teams have gotten more scared to schedule these bcs buster type of schools cause they don't want
to be the school that loses to them. So some of the blame goes on the big time schools for basically being *#@+#

Thats how BB brought FSU to the mainstream when he 1st started. I mean he scheduled LSU @ LSU for 3 straight years along with playing @ Nebraska and @ ND. I
know it's much more difficult to do in this age but if you want to be part of the top you have to schedule more than just one above average - great team a
year on you OOC sched

OK got you. Well then I want UC to start going to these big schools then. I know we will be underdogs, but if you do your job and play good sound ball, you can beat anyone. I LOVE competition so I think we can beat anybody anywhere. DO IT BK. Put Ohio State on the schedule.
devil.gif

There has to be a willingness from both parties. BK is trying to market both himself and the program so he has been pretty aggressive in terms of scheduling big name programs. OSU pulled out of the scheduled game that we had as the return game with them in Cincinnati. They ended up paying UC about 1 mill to get out of the game, and UC was able to get a game with OSU at the horseshoe. Tressel really has nothing to win and everything to lose with playing UC. Losing to them could hurt recruiting battles as well as rankings/ NC chances, but winning doesn't do much since they're mighty OSU. Most programs see this the same way. Fortunately, programs such as Oklahoma and Tennessee are willing to take the risk and we have future dates scheduled with them. The difficult thing to do is finding teams who will do home and home series since we aren't an elite level team, but we aren't a cupcake either.
True. Its going to be hard to get elite recruits for now then
grin.gif
. I LOVE college football but I also HATE it in a way. If someone wants to play you then play them. If your such an Elite program with Elite playersthen prove it. Man if I was a key player and knew teams were ducking my team, don't put a mic in my face because I'm calling all of them out one byone
laugh.gif
. It may be stupid but its better than laying down and ducking teamsbecause your scared.

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10/post/_/id/3419/usc-getting-healthy-mustain-may-be-reemerging
USC getting healthy; Mustain may be reemerging

October 1, 2009 10:38 AM

Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller

Is USC getting healthy? Is Mitch Mustain about to reemerge? Who's the latest and greatest USC tweeter?

Tune in for "As the Trojans Turn."

First, freshman quarterback Matt Barkley is getting the zip back on his passes, though his bruised shoulder is still not pain free.

And he'll need it because it also appears that speedster receiver Ronald Johnson, the Trojans best deep threat, could be back by the Notre Dame game Oct. 17. Johnson has missed the entire season since breaking his clavicle Aug. 29.

The Notre Dame game also is the target date for defensive end Armond Armstead (foot), who could return to practice next week.

Those would be two major addition to the lineup because both Johnson and Armstead looked like potential breakout performers heading into the preseason.

Meanwhile, Barkley might have a new backup because Mitch Mustain is going all Lazarus. He's seen increased action this week with the No. 2 offense and he might have climbed over Aaron Corp, though coach Pete Carroll refused to be pinned down on the matter.

As for this week, it appears that defensive end Nick Perry, the Pac-10 sack leader, will play at California on Saturday and linebackers Malcolm Smith (ankle) and Luthur Brown (back) will be game-time decisions.

There's also good news with Stafon Johnson. I've never been so happy to hear someone was tweeting again.

I don't care what Dre says...

MITCH.jpg

THE MOVEMENT'S MOVING!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

RKO2004 wrote:

jville819 wrote:

Teams have to make a great effort to go out and play the big boys. and i don't mean just scheduling home & homes. you gotta play there 1st before
you

can gain their respect. Granted in the last couple years teams have gotten more scared to schedule these bcs buster type of schools cause they don't
want

Thats how BB brought FSU to the mainstream when he 1st started. I mean he scheduled LSU @ LSU for 3 straight years along with playing @ Nebraska and @ ND.
I

know it's much more difficult to do in this age but if you want to be part of the top you have to schedule more than just one above average - great
team a

year on you OOC sched

OK got you. Well then I want UC to start going to these big schools then. I know we will be underdogs, but if you do your job and play good sound ball, you
can beat anyone. I LOVE competition so I think we can beat anybody anywhere. DO IT BK. Put Ohio State on the schedule.
devil.gif

There has to be a willingness from both parties. BK is trying to market both himself and the program so he has been pretty aggressive in terms of scheduling
big name programs. OSU pulled out of the scheduled game that we had as the return game with them in Cincinnati. They ended up paying UC about 1 mill to get out
of the game, and UC was able to get a game with OSU at the horseshoe. Tressel really has nothing to win and everything to lose with playing UC. Losing to them
could hurt recruiting battles as well as rankings/ NC chances, but winning doesn't do much since they're mighty OSU. Most programs see this the same
way. Fortunately, programs such as Oklahoma and Tennessee are willing to take the risk and we have future dates scheduled with them. The difficult thing to do
is finding teams who will do home and home series since we aren't an elite level team, but we aren't a cupcake either.
True. Its going to be hard to get elite recruits for now then
grin.gif
. I LOVE college football but I also HATE it in a way. If someone wants to play you then play them. If your such an Elite program with Elite players then prove it. Man if I was a key player and knew teams were ducking my team, don't put a mic in my face because I'm calling all of them out one by one
laugh.gif
. It may be stupid but its better than laying down and ducking teams because your scared.

..its been proven.

Why should Ohio St play cincy though..honestly?...they beat them 3 times in the last six or seven yrs. There's much more profit to play teams like UCLA,Wash, Texas, SC, Miami, Cal.......
And Im pretty sure regardless if Ohio St loses to the bearcats once its not effecting recruiting.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

I'm not sure whether Bradford being ruled out is a good or bad thing.
Yeah.......

I almost wish he was playin. Feel like our guys could let up a smidge thinkin things just got easier.
frown.gif

Nah I just feel like Bradford might've been rustier, and he's more of a pocket passer than Jones. So it might make it easier on our D.

On the other hand Landry has looked good, but it was against some scrubs. Even Crapton has looked good this year against the nobodies so we'll see onSaturday how good he really is.

We need to get that jump on them like we did vs FSU and then GT where we move the ball right down the field early, get some points, get the crowd goin and allthat.

If we come out and Okla scores on, puts us on our heels, crowd gets quiet........might be a bad night.

I hope Harris and Co are stewin over last week and come out with anger right out the gate.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

I'm not sure whether Bradford being ruled out is a good or bad thing.
I feel like ultimately it will help you guys. You just came off a loss so I doubt the team is overlooking anything; plus Oklahoma is a powerhouseprogram. Even if you come out flat, you should be able to overcome it better without Bradford back there.

BTW, please beat the Sooners handily. I'm always rooting for Miami when they're not playing us, and I want the ACC to look good. Plus I don't wantOklahoma to jump us.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom