09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by IYE2

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

RKO2004 wrote:

jville819 wrote:

Teams have to make a great effort to go out and play the big boys. and i don't mean just scheduling home & homes. you gotta play there 1st before
you

can gain their respect. Granted in the last couple years teams have gotten more scared to schedule these bcs buster type of schools cause they don't
want

to be the school that loses to them. So some of the blame goes on the big time schools for basically being *#@+#

Thats how BB brought FSU to the mainstream when he 1st started. I mean he scheduled LSU @ LSU for 3 straight years along with playing @ Nebraska and @ ND.
I

know it's much more difficult to do in this age but if you want to be part of the top you have to schedule more than just one above average - great
team a

year on you OOC sched

OK got you. Well then I want UC to start going to these big schools then. I know we will be underdogs, but if you do your job and play good sound ball, you
can beat anyone. I LOVE competition so I think we can beat anybody anywhere. DO IT BK. Put Ohio State on the schedule.
devil.gif

There has to be a willingness from both parties. BK is trying to market both himself and the program so he has been pretty aggressive in terms of scheduling
big name programs. OSU pulled out of the scheduled game that we had as the return game with them in Cincinnati. They ended up paying UC about 1 mill to get out
of the game, and UC was able to get a game with OSU at the horseshoe. Tressel really has nothing to win and everything to lose with playing UC. Losing to them
could hurt recruiting battles as well as rankings/ NC chances, but winning doesn't do much since they're mighty OSU. Most programs see this the same
way. Fortunately, programs such as Oklahoma and Tennessee are willing to take the risk and we have future dates scheduled with them. The difficult thing to do
is finding teams who will do home and home series since we aren't an elite level team, but we aren't a cupcake either.
True. Its going to be hard to get elite recruits for now then
grin.gif
. I LOVE college football but I also HATE it in a way. If someone wants to play you then play them. If your such an Elite program with Elite players then prove it. Man if I was a key player and knew teams were ducking my team, don't put a mic in my face because I'm calling all of them out one by one
laugh.gif
. It may be stupid but its better than laying down and ducking teams because your scared.

..its been proven.

Why should Ohio St play cincy though..honestly?...they beat them 3 times in the last six or seven yrs. There's much more profit to play teams like UCLA, Wash, Texas, SC, Miami, Cal.......
And Im pretty sure regardless if Ohio St loses to the bearcats once its not effecting recruiting.

grin.gif
They beat the old UC. Not this UC. We'll probably see though. Iwould be surprised if somehow they met in a bowl game.

I say Scout is the best in the biz with rankings. They do not fall in love with 1 guy and never yank him from the top spot like Rivals does every year. Veryfluid lists without MAJOR changes like Rivals. Rivals will take a Top 20 player and soon they will be out of the Top 250 because their team sucks or they gothurt.

ESPN is the worst. Scout guys say they NEVER see ESPN cats at camps or combines. They go JUST off film and very limited film. Then when a guy commits to playin UA game, they jump WAAAAAY up. Plus they have an insane bias towards the southern players. They don't even scout NE or Midwest players from what I haveheard.

1st and 2nd string SS are out. (Randy Phllips and Jojo N:icolas) :smh:Ray Ray's 1st significant PT will come this week.

AH,

Kyle Prater the ESPNU #43 overall WR has pulled back from his verbal comittment from USC. He said in an interview with Tom Lemming that he wants to explore his options

Quote:
BamaMD: Do you see Kyle Prater keeping his committment to USC? He seems a little shaky!

Andrew Bone: It wouldn't surprise me either way. I'd really watch out for Tennessee in this one.
I m calling Sooners

Tavon Austin
pimp.gif

Here is an example of what is circulating as an example of the dysfunction among the present coaches (rumored to have occurred Saturday):

Before the USF game the players were waiting for Bowden to come down and give his pre-game "motivational" speech, but he never showed up because he was in his office hamming it up with some friends from Alabama.

When Bobby did not come down to "inspire and motivate" the players, Jimbo Fisher started to give the pre-game speech, but was quickly drowned out and confronted by Amato, because as the Executive Head Coach, Amato felt it was his right to give the speech and because he did not want Jimbo to give it.

As the players watched this confrontation in horror, they did not know what to do. It was then decided to just take the field without any pre-game speech from any coach, and the players casually strolled out through the tunnel out onto the field.

Is it any wonder that they played uninspired football against USF?

Now this is just a rumor that is circulating and I don't know whether or not it is true; however, it is sad that I have to even wonder about it!

{
smh.gif

And UF offered Detreich Riley.

I thought y'all were set w/ J. Dowling and Elam
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I wonder if the rumors have legs.....

All Vols, Ohio State and UCLA can win him tho

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Urban better get control of Elam. UF will be sorry if they lose him to anyone, esp Vols

Here is an example of what is circulating as an example of the dysfunction among the present coaches (rumored to have occurred Saturday):

Before the USF game the players were waiting for Bowden to come down and give his pre-game "motivational" speech, but he never showed up because he was in his office hamming it up with some friends from Alabama.

When Bobby did not come down to "inspire and motivate" the players, Jimbo Fisher started to give the pre-game speech, but was quickly drowned out and confronted by Amato, because as the Executive Head Coach, Amato felt it was his right to give the speech and because he did not want Jimbo to give it.

As the players watched this confrontation in horror, they did not know what to do. It was then decided to just take the field without any pre-game speech from any coach, and the players casually strolled out through the tunnel out onto the field.

Now this is just a rumor that is circulating and I don't know whether or not it is true; however, it is sad that I have to even wonder about it!

I gotta believe Jimbo & Chuck got more common sense than that

Originally Posted by dreClark

Tavon Austin
pimp.gif

mad.gif
{
smh.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I wonder if the rumors have legs.....

Yeah Urban offered Riley this week I believe. With Elam supposedly taking that visit to UT, Riley is must a plan B if Elam jumps ship.

A couple of rumors following Elam visiting UT is that he is visiting to recruit Jeff Luc to UF. Another reason is that he wants to take some free trips to someother schools.
Who knows what Elam's real reason for trying to get to Knoxville but he could get his offered pulled (ala Alabama) if he goes through with the visit. WithKiffen calling all of UF commitments recently, Urban is probably going to start pulling a Nick Saban and pull scholarships from commits that visit UT.

[h1]Fulmer Speculation from Vegas[/h1]
The folks in Las Vegas usually stick to point spreads and picking games. Brian Edwards at VegasInsider.com. is predicting more than that at the University of Louisville. He's predicting a coaching change.

He writes that during a handicapping seminar in August he predicted that Louisville would begin this season 2-5 and that Steve Kragthorpe would be fired after a blowout loss at Cincinnati. He went on to predict that former Tennessee coach Phil Fulmer would be named as the next Cardinals' coach before Thanksgiving.

(Why Fulmer? Not sure. Maybe because he was unbeaten against Kentucky. These days the hot name seems to be Monday Night Football analyst Jon Gruden. And honk if you've heard Tommy Tuberville's name out of Auburn.)

Anyway, Edwards pretty much suggests that Kragthorpe needs to beat Pitt Friday night at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium, where the Cards will be a 6 1/2 point underdog.

Back
Top Bottom