09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by babam11218719

What needs to be done for AJ Green to be apart of the Heisman discussion. With the relative slow start IMO for Tebow and McCoy the media should be talking about other players. If he has a big game against LSU someone needs to mention him in the discussions. I mean he had the game saving FG block
laugh.gif

one of the espn/abc analysts on saturday called Brandon Lafell "the 2nd best WR in the nation and the best receiver in the SEC hands down"

while i agree Lafell is good... hands down? AJ's not even in the conversation?

Originally Posted by jville819

He plays WR. Sorry
I know he won't win it but dude needs some more national respect. Brandon Lafell? That was just reckless for that analyst to say that and Ithink Lafell is decent. I have seen AJ play every game of his career and a lot of them in person and he looks so much better and comfortable than he did lastyear. I mean that game against ASU was unreal. The replay refs robbed him of another TD as well.

UTk MLB Nick Reveiz out for the yr ACL

Travis Williams, Jeff Luc, Dietrich Riley, Corey Lemonier, and Michael Dyer will be visiting RedKnexville for the Auburn game.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by woody2626

I pray that if cincy and boise state are the only 2 undefeated teams at the end of the year that somehow the BCS screws them both out of the national title game
I hope they actually both get in, imagine the chaos it would create.
eek.gif
laugh.gif
...It would FORCE them to change the system.
pimp.gif
happy.gif

why would it force a change? If Pitt USF & WVA lose a couple 2-3 games each, Cinci would have hardly any credible opponents in the big east.
and boise St and Utah have been left out the title game a few times already with unblemished records.

BCS aint changin no time soon, the revenue it creates is proposterous

Originally Posted by woody2626

Baylor QB Robert Griffin out for season with an isolated tear in his ACL, he will get a medical redshirt. Feel sorry for the kid, he's got a bright future ahead of him, hope this doesn't slow him down.

Hate to hear that hope he recovers for next year

Dang
mad.gif

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/8622/oregons-thurmond-out-for-rest-of-season
http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/8622/oregons-thurmond-out-for-rest-of-season
Oregon's Thurmond out for rest of season

September 29, 2009 1:08 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller

Oregon cornerback Walter Thurmond will miss the rest of the season due to the knee injury he suffered on the opening kickoff last Saturday against California, the school announced Tuesday.

An MRI on Thurmond's right knee revealed that surgery will be needed to repair the damage -- the press release didn't specify the type of damage -- forcing the Ducks co-captain to miss the Ducks' final eight games of the regular season and any potential bowl game.

Senior Willie Glasper replaced Thurmond in the lineup against Cal and likely will start against Washington State on Saturday.

The preseason ESPN.com All-Pac-10 corner played key roles in wins over Purdue and Utah, returning an interception and punt return for touchdowns in those games. A four-year starter, he posted 17 tackles in three games in addition to being ranked second in the Pac-10 and 21st nationally in punt returns (15.0 avg.) and fifth in the league in kickoff returns (27.7 avg.).

Thurmond, who had been included on the watch list for the Jim Thorpe Award as the nation's top defensive back, finishes his Oregon career scoring more touchdowns (5) than any other non-offensive player in school history, in addition to equaling a school record with three interception returns for scores, and tied for ninth on the school's all-time interceptions list (12).

Pac-10, Walter Thurmond, Oregon Ducks

Dude is one of the best corners in the country, hopefully Willie can play like he did against Cal. I wish Walter a speedy recovery and hope he canshow up at the combine and produce in the NFL.

Originally Posted by raw120

can you get a med rs after 4 games?
Baylor has played 3, they're scheduled for 12... I believe you can get one if you play in 25% of your team's games or less... Right?

It's pretty much a crapshoot with the way the NCAA hands out exceptions, but the general rule is 50% of the first half of your team's games. In otherwords, you can't play in more than 3 of the first 6 games...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by raw120

can you get a med rs after 4 games?
Baylor has played 3, they're scheduled for 12... I believe you can get one if you play in 25% of your team's games or less... Right?

yes, a player must play in 25% or less of the season's game to be eligible for a medical redshirt

Rumors that Ahmad Dixon will be opening back up and de-committing from Baylor.

Supposedly he named Alabama, Oklahoma State, LSU, Florida, and Texas A&M as the schools that will be getting visits. I assume Auburn would still be at thetop of the list, as well.

Former Noles WR Peter Warrick disappointed in current FSU team

TALLAHASSEE - It was halftime of Florida State's game on Saturday against USF, and Peter Warrickwasn't happy. Warrick, the former Seminoles wide receiver, was back at Doak Campbell Stadium to be honored along with some of his old teammates for the10-year anniversary of FSU's 1999 national championship.

Back then, it seemed the Seminoles reign would last forever. Now, the question isn'twhen Florida State will get back to where it was, but if. Warrick met with reporters in the press box. He sat down and shook his head.

"I'm hurt right now," he said. "Real hurt."

The game wasn't even over yet. The Seminoles were down 14-0 then, and they eventually lost 17-7.

While Warrick watched the game, he lamented how things had changed. The mystique was gone. So, too, Warrick said, were the difference-makers. The players likehim.

"Florida State right now lacks leadership," Warrick said. "I think they don't have nobody on their team that's stepping up saying,'OK, I'm going to be that guy. I'm going to run the show. We're going to do this and we're going to do that.' And that's what'sit's all about. You've got to have somebody that's going to be a leader."

Warrick, a two-time consensus All-American in 1998 and '99, was a player like that for the Seminoles. And since he left, FSU hasn't had another likehim. Or anyone even close.

While Warrick witnessed what was perhaps FSU's most disappointing loss since the 30-0 defeat against Wake Forest in 2006, he noticed not only a lack ofleadership but also a lack of playmakers.

"I think it's the players, man," Warrick said. "People sit back and say, 'Coach [ Bobby] Bowden should leave.' I don't feellike that. I feel like it's the people that you have out there. Coach Bowden is not running no plays ... And I think that for the players to have a greatcoach, they have to go out there and back up the coach.

"You know, they've got to go out there and step it up. Somebody's got to make some plays."

After his college career ended, the Cincinnati Bengals selected Warrick with the fourth pick in theNFL Draft. Hispro career never worked out the way he envisioned. He suffered a knee injury, and he's trying to decide now whether football is in his future.

He was cut by the UFL California Redwoods on Wednesday.

Being back at FSU, though, brought back memories. He said he wanted to put on a jersey and catch a pass. He wanted to make some more plays on the field wherehe'd already made so many. Florida State could have used him on Saturday.

Ten years later, with a bad knee and all, Warrick still might have been the Seminoles' best playmaker.

The lack of quality QB's at FSU has hurt them more than anything. Why would a playmaker wanna go to FSU, when you got Chris Rix, Adrian McPherson, WyattSexton, Drew Weatherford, Xavier Lee, etc. playing quarterback. Ponder is aiight, we'll see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom