09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

We didn't need to worry about VT. We needed to worry about us. I said before the game the only way we lose is if we get big-headed and don't show up. Took VT lightly and bought into the hype. That's exactly what happened. VT fans were saying the same thing. People knew we were the better team but we didn't prove it. Which goes back to what I said before the season even started....as talented as Miami is, we're still soft, mentally weak, and don't have enough heart.
How do you think y'all will react?

At home, they had BETTER come out full bore. May still lose the game, Oklahoma ain't no softie, but at least go out there and fight.

I did like from the Va Tech game how they came right out after halftime, went down the field, got the score, got the ball back , drivin again, but the 2 drops by the basketball player seemed to take the wind out of our sails, and that was that.
grin.gif

Punch that second drive in, 21-14 with mo on your side, maybe we make a statement to ourselves. Problem is, those are the type of things that have been bustin us up the last couple years, once something bad happens, it snowballs and we come apart. We come out like crap this week, and get blown out, we could go in the tank again.

That better not happen.
This team really needs to understand the importance of playing with heart every game. The players clearly bought into the hype and if thathappens again this team won't be back for sometime and RS will get fired.

Y'all are salty as hell. I dont recall ever saying we were that great to begin with so chill with that. This team has exceeded my expectations already. Themedia, espn, and most fans were hyping us but I never said anything about how great we were. I had us going 1-3 and aside from a dropped pass on a GW TD at FSUwe probably would be... One win was VT because even with all our weakness I thought we were still the better team. And I still do even though we played with noemotion on saturday.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

virginia
texas a&m
Illinois
wisconsin UF (
nerd.gif
)
WVA ...

A lot of these moves are lateral moves.. outside of Florida and Texas A&M I can't see him considering leaving UC. He can dominate the BE for years andkeep getting a BCS bid if he plays this situation out right. The most important factor to whether BK stays or goes is the funding for this new practicefacility. UC needs about 5.5 mill to reach the 13 mill needed to build this facility. If they don't get it done then there is a good chance he's goneIMO. If Urban were to leave UF wouldn't go after Kelly first though?

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

virginia
texas a&m
Illinois
wisconsin UF (
nerd.gif
)
WVA ...

A lot of these moves are lateral moves.. outside of Florida and Texas A&M I can't see him considering leaving UC. He can dominate the BE for years and keep getting a BCS bid if he plays this situation out right. The most important factor to whether BK stays or goes is the funding for this new practice facility. UC needs about 5.5 mill to reach the 13 mill needed to build this facility. If they don't get it done then there is a good chance he's gone IMO. If Urban were to leave UF wouldn't go after Kelly first though?

I was actually thinking about this last night. If/when Urban decides to leave who I would want as the next head coach. BK would easily be in my top 3.

Who the heck is picking games for Gameday to go to? FSU/BC really??
laugh.gif
Isn't Cal playing USC this week?

i heard they are having it in chestnut hill to coincide with the segment they filmed on mark herzlich. if the canes beat tech they probably would've goneto s fla. i still think they should be in athens this weekend.

anyway the show has gotten away from its roots which was airing from the best game of the week. now its all about promoting the espn/abc brand.

All I know is that they better be in Baton Rouge on the 10th if LSU beats UGA this weekend cause Gator Nation will be invading Death Valley. Hopefully Timmywill be well enough to play that game
frown.gif

Ain't they going to BC/FSU as part of a fund raiser for cancer research? I thought that's what I heard anyway...

Anyone else hearing that Locksley punched his WR Coach?

The WR Coach is on administrative leave for "personal reasons."

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Big Ten stays suspending players. They got Kurt Coleman now. Delaney is on a roll.

What I dont understand is how you gonna suspend him a game but not eject him when the play actually happened..knowin damn well an official saw the play. Dontmake no sense.

Cincy to Illinois is a lateral move?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by IYE2

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Big Ten stays suspending players. They got Kurt Coleman now. Delaney is on a roll.

What I dont understand is how you gonna suspend him a game but not eject him when the play actually happened..knowin damn well an official saw the play. Dont make no sense.

Cincy to Illinois is a lateral move?
laugh.gif
I try my best not to pay attention to some of the outlandish things said on NT

Apparently Stefon Johnson had to get rushed to the hospital after dropping a weight on his throat.

Your girl had to get rushed to the hospital after I dropped some weight in her throat.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

virginia
texas a&m
Illinois
wisconsin UF (
nerd.gif
)
WVA ...

A lot of these moves are lateral moves.. outside of Florida and Texas A&M I can't see him considering leaving UC. He can dominate the BE for years and keep getting a BCS bid if he plays this situation out right. The most important factor to whether BK stays or goes is the funding for this new practice facility. UC needs about 5.5 mill to reach the 13 mill needed to build this facility. If they don't get it done then there is a good chance he's gone IMO. If Urban were to leave UF wouldn't go after Kelly first though?

all of those schools could offer him way more $$$$$ then cincy could and have a better football history then cincy does

and chester your a god damn fool
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

If Michigan can pull it out vs state next weekend, that Michigan vs. Iowa game is going to be great.
This game pretty much rests on Tate's shoulder
ohwell.gif
. In RR'spresser today he said he's gonna be limited today and in full action tomorrow, for w/e thats worth. Can't imagine they'll let him get hit at allthis week. But even if he isn't 100% I still think we should win, just need big games from Minor and Brown and the D to really start clicking. spartiesain't *+!%.

A new practice facility ain't gonna keep Brian Kelly at Cincinnati if/when a better job comes along... Whether it's Florida, Texas A&M, Illinois,Virginia, West Virginia, whatever... All those jobs are significant upgrades from Cincinnati.

Apparently Stefon Johnson had to get rushed to the hospital after dropping a weight on his throat.

Is this true?

eek.gif
wowwwwwwwwwwwww
fam, I seen one of our fullbacks drop 315 on his own mouth, broke his jaw, knocked his bottom fronts thru his skin.
it was disgusting!

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

If Michigan can pull it out vs state next weekend, that Michigan vs. Iowa game is going to be great.
This game pretty much rests on Tate's shoulder
ohwell.gif
. In RR's presser today he said he's gonna be limited today and in full action tomorrow, for w/e thats worth. Can't imagine they'll let him get hit at all this week. But even if he isn't 100% I still think we should win, just need big games from Minor and Brown and the D to really start clicking. sparties ain't *+!%.

Yea, ain't no way we can come out like we did against IU though and expect to win. Our D that game was pathetic we just got ran over.

Back
Top Bottom