'09 Playoffs:Sinong Manok Mo?(not the kind you like tsiken)Vol:Is King James Ready To Take It All?

Originally Posted by Flashout01

i don't think shaq failed at all, he got more rings than Hakeem and Clyde combined..
Pareng Flashout, I am talking about his stint in Orlando
wink.gif
You are right, Shaq has 4 rings with 2 different teams and what he has achieved is noteworthy and he goes down the annals of NBA history as one of the greatestplayers and big men to play the game.

Originally Posted by jason16

Nick made the freethrows, Orl wins the series in 6. Clyde retired without a ring. Shaq stayed with orl together with penny, they build a dynasty. Mike Retired with 3 rings, some said he never should have came back some even questioned his greatness. kobe stayed in charlotte, never reached his potential. retired in 06. Lebron owned the nba in just a few years. Just because of four missed free throws...
frown.gif
haha.. i think Kobe would have reached his potential sooner in Charlotte. He would have had more playing time and maybe there would have been noBobcats if Kobe stayed there
eek.gif
pimp.gif
And I was living in Charlotte in 99-00.. i would have bought season ticketsbeing Charlotte was the 2nd cheapest nba ticket after the Clippers

Nick made the freethrows, Orl wins the series in 6. Clyde retired without a ring. Shaq stayed with orl together with penny, they build a dynasty. Mike Retired with 3 rings, some said he never should have came back some even questioned his greatness. kobe stayed in charlotte, never reached his potential. retired in 06. Lebron owned the nba in just a few years. Just because of four missed free throws...
frown.gif
i kinda follow your what if's there dude but imo there's a couple of non-negotiables.shaq would have bolted outta o-town regardless ofwinning a chip.he wanted to be in a bigger market bad.remember,during the mid'90's,shaq still had delusions of being a movie star & rapper so staying in orlando was out of the question.i specifically remember NY making aplay for shaq when he became a free agent.when word got around to ewing that newly minted head coach don nelson was behind all the shaq talk,nelson got theboot.and even if shaq stayed,we all know what happened to penny and his miriad of injuries.i'm pretty sure MJ would still have had all his 6 ringsintact.didn't the bulls defeat the magic in '96?albeit without shaq but that orlando team had a healthy penny and virtually all the players from theteam that made the finals the previous year.

as for kobe.i dunno,if he stayed on that '96 hornets team,he prolly still would've had a fairly limited role,maybe coming off the bench, with g-moneyglen rice being the teams main man.imo kobe benefited a ton playing behind veteran dudes like eddie jones,byron scott,heck maybe even nick the quick.plus thespecial attention coming from a certain magic johnson and jerry west.all those things combined certainly had an imeasurable impact on bryants impressionablemind and daily development.he wouldn't have had any of those things as a hornet.

he could've ended up better or worse but definately not the same player we see now.

Originally Posted by maxtempo96

frown.gif
i kinda follow your what if's there dude but imo there's a couple of non-negotiables.shaq would have bolted outta o-town regardless of winning a chip.he wanted to be in a bigger market bad.remember,during the mid '90's,shaq still had delusions of being a movie star & rapper so staying in orlando was out of the question.i specifically remember NY making a play for shaq when he became a free agent.when word got around to ewing that newly minted head coach don nelson was behind all the shaq talk,nelson got the boot.and even if shaq stayed,we all know what happened to penny and his miriad of injuries.i'm pretty sure MJ would still have had all his 6 rings intact.didn't the bulls defeat the magic in '96?albeit without shaq but that orlando team had a healthy penny and virtually all the players from the team that made the finals the previous year.

as for kobe.i dunno,if he stayed on that '96 hornets team,he prolly still would've had a fairly limited role,maybe coming off the bench, with g-money glen rice being the teams main man.imo kobe benefited a ton playing behind veteran dudes like eddie jones,byron scott,heck maybe even nick the quick.plus the special attention coming from a certain magic johnson and jerry west.all those things combined certainly had an imeasurable impact on bryants impressionable mind and daily development.he wouldn't have had any of those things as a hornet.

he could've ended up better or worse but definately not the same player we see now.

yeah i forgot bulls swept them in 96' ecf. my bad. true shaq wanted out. la was a perfect place for him. from what i have read, the last straw for shaq washis oly teamates telling him orl didnt want him anymore.

as for kobe i agreed is he stayed in charlotte he could have been traded to other teams and not reached his full potential. As for penny my only wish is thathe had a full and healthy career. having mike,kobe, and a HEALTHY penny in the same decade would be a blast. Orl wont need tmac then...man this iscomplicated!
laugh.gif
Just because of nick the brick. btw i was surprised wheni saw him rev up the crowd before the introductions. i thought it was a bad move or a jinx for the orl fans
laugh.gif

Yeah, Penny was a blue chip, big time playmaker. It's sad his whole career was injury plagued. I guess some people aren't really destined for greatnessno matter what abilities or skills you have.

And yes, Shaq wanted to do a lot of things during his career at Orlando. Showbiz na showbiz si Shaq and he enjoys the spotlight and that's why now that thespotlight is no longer on him, he is trying to steal it from Superman II, Dwight.

I remember having a poster with Grant Hill and Penny on it as members of the 1996 Olympic Team.
smokin.gif

Anyway...here's how it goes

LA in 4
Orl in 5
LA will finish it off in 6

Directed by David Stern
laugh.gif

Just Kidding...
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by revelation218

Yeah, Penny was a blue chip, big time playmaker. It's sad his whole career was injury plagued. I guess some people aren't really destined for greatness no matter what abilities or skills you have.

And yes, Shaq wanted to do a lot of things during his career at Orlando. Showbiz na showbiz si Shaq and he enjoys the spotlight and that's why now that the spotlight is no longer on him, he is trying to steal it from Superman II, Dwight.
I agree with you there, Pareng Revelation. I used to be a self-confessed Shaq diehard, most especially when he moved to LA. But truth be told,until Phil Jackson came to town, he was also a one dimensional player that came close to winning it, but never pulled through. For me, the worst thing thatShaq ever did was to yell at Dr. Jerry Buss at one Laker game towards the end of his contract in 2003 and scream "Where's my contract?!"

What players (I.e. Lebron, D.Wade, Bosh) have to remember is that no matter how much they have and how filthy rich they're destined to be, someone stillwrties their pay checks. So long as that's happening, someone will still be richer than them.

One more thing, Shaq would've never won those three rings in LA w/o Phil or Kobe. Admittedly, I'm a Kobe diehard now but let's face it, all thetalk of him not winning without Shaq, I'd like to see Shaq win without a sidekick. If D-Wade wasn't in Miami, no one in his right mind could say thatShaq would've won with the likes of past their primes Gary Payton, Antoine Walker and Alonzo Mourning. Gimme a break! Shaq needed Kobe as much Kobe neededShaq.
smile.gif

LA, CHA or even with the CLipps.. Kobe will still be great.. who did he patterned his game to? who did he obsessively emulate his game to? who does he want tobe? MJ right... that's why even if he goes to any other team, he's still gonna be great. no one in this league possess the work ethic and dedication hehas gotten into himself (except Lebron)..

Penny rushed his come back and he paid dearly for it. The Doctor even told him that the condition of his knees belongs to a 70 year oldman. Sayang talaga si Penny at 6'9 and plays point almost excellent in every angle of the game. This reminds me also of Ralph Sampson, how good was he& Hakeem?
The next season
Houston won the Midwest Division with a 51-31 record and defeated Los Angeles, four games to one. 1985 all star MVP, couldhave been better than Jabbar just my opinion.

i hope this goes the full route, and a down the wire finish in game 7...............this would also mean more kobe 4 pe's and ids, ideas for us tomake/copy, and perhaps the pe to be released to the PHI public....

Ariza w/ the 3 then Hedo comes up for 5 straight points.
eek.gif
eek.gif

Exciting game!!! Post count and the game is
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom