09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

a9579021cee2d9d2f00f0df9ac122c19-getty-85373479nl019_carl_froch_vs.jpg

All he needed to do was stand for one more round and he had the belt. I don't think he's done as a championship fighter.

Anyone know if they're showing Mares on the undercard? Future champion right there.

sorry
tired.gif

just watched the fight again last night and that was an incredible rd by froch.

jt's a good dude too. his interview after the fight was very classy.

hope this lifts your spirits
g_hopkins_taylor_275.jpg

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

sorry
tired.gif

just watched the fight again last night and that was an incredible rd by froch.

jt's a good dude too. his interview after the fight was very classy.

hope this lifts your spirits
g_hopkins_taylor_275.jpg

I was there that night..........
pimp.gif

been MIA in this thread but there's been some great fights the past 2 months (viloria-solis, taylor-froch, campbell-funeka, diaz-jmm etc)

jt has stamina and mental lapses when he's fighting now. he had all the tools to become one of the best MWs but just folds under pressure. i dont evenremember one single good body blow to froch to slow him down! it seems like as soon as his opponents get up from a knock down, he doesnt go in for the killthen becomes discouraged and forgets to throw his combinations. with every fight. i've become more impressed with froch who took some major shots in thisfight and the pascal but sticks to his gameplan and pressure you all night. froch v. andrade would be a battle since they both have similar styles.

juanma is a problem and he took penalosa shots quite well so this was definitely a nice step up for his development. juanma gives anybody fits due to hisinside and outside game which was straight disgusting. caballero would be a great match-up but i dont think his handlers are quite ready to do that deal yet.personally, i like gamboa but i dont think he can stand there and bang with juanma since we know that gamboa tends to hit the canvas. gamboa definitely has thequickness and technique/skills to outbox him but he tends to get cocky and wants to trade punches. but, theres a lot of quality fights for juanma with thedepth of the featherweight division. i need to see more of linares but his inactivity and lack of quality opponents is p'ing me off...

interesting fight i noticed coming in july - edwin valero vs. breidis prescott (battle of south america = both undefeated & ko artists)

yeah i'm scared for that prescott-valero fight. Why do they always gotta throw these colombians in the deep end before they're ready. Always ends thesame way.

Full line-up for Pacquiao vs. Hatton

Saturday night's card headlining Manny Pacquiao (48-3-2, 35 KOs) vs. Ricky Hatton (45-1, 32 KOs).

In the co-main, Humberto Soto (47-7-2, 30 KOs), defends his WBC super featherweight belt against Benoit Gaudet (20-1, 7 KOs),

Daniel Jacobs (15-0, 14 KOs) vs. Michael Walker (19-1-2, 12 KOs)

Matt Korobov (4-0, 4 KOs) vs. Rodrigo Aguiar (5-4, 3 KOs),

Erislandy Lara (4-0, 3 KOs), of Cuba, vs. Chris Gray (11-7, 1 KO), four at jr. middle;

Matthew Hatton (35-4-1, 13 KOs), brother to Ricky, vs Ernesto Zepeda (39-11-4, 34 KOs), in an eight-rounder;

Mike Alvarado (25-0, 18 KOs), vs Joaquin Gallardo (18-7-1, 5 KOs),

Abner Mares (17-0, 10 KOs), of Montebello, Calif., vs Jonathan Perez (14-5, 11 KOs), Eight rounds at bantam

Bernabe Concepcion (28-1-1, 17 KOs), of the Philippines, vs. Yogli Herrera (21-8, 15 KOs), eight rounds at lightweight;

Iin a four-round jr. welter bout, Omar Chavez (14-0-1, 10 KOs) will take on Tyler Ziolowski (11-6, 6 KOs).

Luvueno's injured or sick... forgot the reason why they pulled him out.

Bernabe
pimp.gif

I noticed Pac's and Hatton's sparring partners are in the cards. From what i heard, Erislandy Lara has been giving Hatton black eyes during sparring. Check out his fights in youtube.. He kinda throws his combos like Pac, but without Pac's in and out movement. They should have had Matthew Hatton fightBobby Pacquiao
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Luvueno's injured or sick... forgot the reason why they pulled him out.

Bernabe
pimp.gif

I noticed Pac's and Hatton's sparring partners are in the cards. From what i heard, Erislandy Lara has been giving Hatton black eyes during sparring. Check out his fights in youtube.. He kinda throws his combos like Pac, but without Pac's in and out movement. They should have had Matthew Hatton fight Bobby Pacquiao
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
...I remember some fight a while back where Bobby Pacquiao gotbeaten badly by a nobody, Pacman looked like he wanted revenge that night, lol

Dato, do you konw why bernabe is fighting at lightweight? I thought he already moved up to featherweight?

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

laugh.gif
...I remember some fight a while back where Bobby Pacquiao got beaten badly by a nobody, Pacman looked like he wanted revenge that night, lol
Was that fight on ESPN? I remember watching one of Manny's brothers fight on ESPN a couple years ago. I wouldve sworn he won though....

...I remember some fight a while back where Bobby Pacquiao got beaten badly by a nobody, Pacman looked like he wanted revenge that night, lol
i think that was the Humberto Soto fight.. though he's hardly a nobody .. but Manny didn't look too happy
laugh.gif

He was also beat by Urbano Antillon so you could have been talking about that fight... Manny was using Antillon for his Hatton preparation. Supposedly hadsome wars while sparring
Dato, do you konw why bernabe is fighting at lightweight? I thought he already moved up to featherweight?
Since Luevano pulled out, i think Top Rank was just looking for an easy opponent for Bernabe. This Herrera guy has 4 losses in a row. I justchecked his record. His prior fights have been at bantam and featherweight as well. Don't know why they're fighting at lightweight.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

i think that was the Humberto Soto fight.. though he's hardly a nobody .. but Manny didn't look too happy
laugh.gif

He was also beat by Urbano Antillon so you could have been talking about that fight... Manny was using Antillon for his Hatton preparation. Supposedly had some wars while sparring

was it Soto?...i dont remember, i just remember he looked
mad.gif
, lol

Back
Top Bottom