09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

I think the graphics are a step down from FNR3 but..

I'm just happy they have Cotto and Gamboa
smokin.gif
If they're smart JuanMa should be in the game too. Though that has yet to be confirmed or denied.

Originally Posted by Proshares

^ I doubt the fight would last long enough to draw comparisons to Barrera/Morales, the way they fight it would end in 1 or 2
laugh.gif
but it'd be awesome while it lasted.
good point, maybe the featherweight hagler/hearns then
laugh.gif
. Either way i just hope this fight gets made at some point. It could get huge #'s if done at the right time and promoted right, especially with the PuertoRico/Cuba rivalry.

Originally Posted by TheProfessorOfPugilism

^ I doubt the fight would last long enough to draw comparisons to Barrera/Morales, the way they fight it would end in 1 or 2
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. Either way i just hope this fight gets made at some point. It could get huge #'s if done at the right time and promoted right, especially with the Puerto Rico/Cuba rivalry.

A lot of great fights can be made in that division if you throw Caballero, Vasquez, Marquez and Nishioka in there as well. Any fights made between those 6would be awesome.

Juan Manuel Marquez had better be in FNR4 --- he has more than deserved it.

I would also like to see JC Chavez Jr. in there too but I won't be too upset as long as Marquez makes it

Originally Posted by TheProfessorOfPugilism

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. Either way i just hope this fight gets made at some point. It could get huge #'s if done at the right time and promoted right, especially with the Puerto Rico/Cuba rivalry.

A lot of great fights can be made in that division if you throw Caballero, Vasquez, Marquez and Nishioka in there as well. Any fights made between those 6 would be awesome.
Oh i agree, and i'm already happy with Caballero-Gamboa potentially going down later in the year, although that fight worries me a bit. Caballero can look ugly at times with his awkward style and long @%! limbs. If him and Gamboa can keep from getting tangled up with each other it should be agun fight though. I'm just a huge fan of both Gamboa and Lopez and would love to see them get it on a huge stage and make some real cash a little bit downthe road.

just lookin at styles and faults,Gamboa/JuanMa looks like a mismatch to me.
althought Gamboa's Right hand will keep him in any fight

this basically sums up the Froch/Taylor fight
BIGGEST WINNER

Carl Froch:
The tough, but very limited Englishman was within 14 seconds of losing to Jermain Taylor and going home without his newly won WBC super middleweight belt. Heck, we might never have heard from him again had those seconds ticked away. Instead, he stopped a dead-tired Taylor in the final seconds in one of the most-dramatic finishes in years to save his title and immediate future. Froch (25-0, 20 KOs) is a crude boxer but proved to be well conditioned, resilient and very determined. He undoubtedly added to his fan base in the United Kingdom - and in the U.S.

BIGGEST LOSER

Jermain Taylor:
The former middleweight champion is hard to figure out. He outclassed an inferior boxer in the first half of their fight, even putting the titleholder down for the first time in his career. Then, for no apparent reason, he simply began to fade and was knocked out in the final seconds. He said afterward that he trained hard for the fight. Oh really? A fighter who prepares properly doesn't wilt down the stretch as Taylor did. The guess here is that he doesn't have the fire necessary to compete at the highest level. He has lost three of his last four fights and might be finished as an elite fighter.

YALLL READY FOR BOXING HYPE WEEK!

BTW what happened in the Peterson fight? Heard there was some kind of controversy.

[h3]L. Peterson Wins Interim WBO Junior Welterweight Title![/h3]DC's Lamont Peterson captured the interim WBO Junior Welterweight championship with a seventh-round TKO over Willy Blain at the Coliseo Ruben Rodriguez in Bayamon, Puerto Rico tonight.

There were no official knockdowns in the bout, but Blain hurt his right thumb during the contest and he was unable to continue. The bout was stopped at 1:49 of the seventh.

Peterson was able to land most of his power shots throughout the match. Blain landed shots but lacked the power of his opponent. Peterson remains undefeated at 27-0, 13 KO's while Blain falls for the first time in his career and he is 20-1, three KO's.
Got this info from a regional boxing blog.

LOL @ Taylor in the new Fight Night

Pacman is going to crush Hatton. Hopefully this will be a good warm-up for the Mayweather fight. *knocks on wood*

I really just can't wait for Amir K. to come to the States and destroy everyone in his division.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

Pacman is going to crush Hatton. Hopefully this will be a good warm-up for the Mayweather fight. *knocks on wood*

I really just can't wait for Amir K. to come to the States and destroy everyone in his division.
pimp.gif

Are you being sarcastic or do you really feel this way?

cus I honestly cant tell if you're joking or not

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

pimp.gif

My fault J, I was being sarcastic. I'm a big supporter of Amir but I have a wretched feeling that when he gets to the States he's going to get a rudeawakening...
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

On a sidenote, my dude in PR said one person got killed and like 8 people shot and wounded right after the JuanMa fight in Bayamon. Said all kinda fights brokeout and it escalated to gun play

smh.gif

Originally Posted by JayGunnA

laugh.gif

On a sidenote, my dude in PR said one person got killed and like 8 people shot and wounded right after the JuanMa fight in Bayamon. Said all kinda fights broke out and it escalated to gun play

smh.gif
#%$ gets hot in Latin America, man. Part of me hopes Pacman wins next month if nothing else so that people won't confuse him as a Hispanicbecause of his name and start wildin'...
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Former WBA heavyweight champion Greg Page has passed away at the age of 50 at his Louisville, Kentucky. In his final fight in 2001, Page suffered a a brain injury and during post-fight surgery suffered a stroke. Page's wife told WHAS TV in Louisville that the ex-champ passed shortly after 5AM from multiple complications due to boxing injuries and paralysis. Page compiled a career record of 58 wins, 16 losses and one draw with 48 KOs.
tired.gif

pimp.gif

My fault J, I was being sarcastic. I'm a big supporter of Amir but I have a wretched feeling that when he gets to the States he's going to get a rude awakening...
ohwell.gif

He already had a rude awakening last year. He's going to get annihilated in the states. I don't see him beating any title holders at 135 or 140. Godforbid they try to ever put him in the ring with Valero, they'll be reading his eulogy by Thursday.

BIGGEST LOSER

Jermain Taylor:
The former middleweight champion is hard to figure out. He outclassed an inferior boxer in the first half of their fight, even putting the titleholder down for the first time in his career. Then, for no apparent reason, he simply began to fade and was knocked out in the final seconds. He said afterward that he trained hard for the fight. Oh really? A fighter who prepares properly doesn't wilt down the stretch as Taylor did. The guess here is that he doesn't have the fire necessary to compete at the highest level. He has lost three of his last four fights and might be finished as an elite fighter.

tired.gif
Sad but true. He never really got his chance to shine. But I think JT will still have fights available. Alan Green, Ward/Miranda, are possible bouts IMO.

Danny Jacobs officially added to the Pac-Hatton PPV.

And supposedly PBF vs. JMM is almost a done deal. Prolly at a catch weight of 144-143.

The hell happened to Jermaine, dude pulled a Jermaine O'Neal..
smh.gif

I really don't get it, the hype for this dude was so high a few years ago, and he's just fallen apart. Dude can't finish fights to save his life.It's a shame that Executioner has two losses to this dude, even if he did deserve to win. Pavlik ruined dude's career.

bah, kassim ouma ruined taylor's career lol.

seriously though, i wish kirkland was still on the card, he would've been a great treat for the audience. the kid is a damned fool to let exposure likethat slip through his fingers.

also, it appears that around 20,000 brits will be making the trip to las vegas, most won't even have tickets. this around the same british turnout as themayweather fight. that kind of fan dedication is amazing considering that hatton is coming back to vegas after that devastating loss. mark my words,they'll drown out all the chants of manny with bagpipes ahaha.

Back
Top Bottom