09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

he wasnt hurting dude at all tho and was taken a %#@+!#@ beating. he had no shot at KO dude cause none of his punchs was even hurting dude he was walkingthrough most of em

dawg, their whole strategy was to see if he could take him into late rounds.

they got to late rounds and you throw in the towel the very round JuanMa's output went down

Im not feelin that.

I don't give a %#%% about the result... Gerry is my hero and my idol! I %##**!! love that guy! JuanMa is a beast! Keep knocking dudes out! If my idolwould lose a fight, i'm glad it was against JuanMa... (he didnt' run like Ponce)

I won't admit i got teary eyed after this..
tired.gif

his output went down and he was still getting beat on. i ant see no chance of him winning so had no problem with the stop

garry showed alot of heart tho hopefully he dont suffer from this

no problem with the stoppage. Very, very game performance by Gerry, but he was outgunned and taking a +%@$#@!* of punishment. Gerry's face was not lookinhot by the end of that, some nasty lookin abrasions. Thismight have been a fight where the punches that Juanma was landing were heavier in person than on TV,because it seemed like NOBODY had any issue with the stoppage, and Juanman has some heavy hands. The punishment might have been worse than we could tell.

Waiting for the BoxingScene heads to upload the fights......

Was the Danny O'Connor fight televised? How did Malanaggi and D.Hop look tonight in their fights?

Ill have to catch the JuanMa fight later totally missed it ive been slipping lately , but on another not Jermaine Taylor is a piece of $%+! and he should getmaimed by a razorback $+%%+@ . He had no business Losing to Froch the fight went first have Taylor second half well not even second half to Froch , Taylor justcant finish a fight Bum !@! Negro

Penalosa fought with heart and pride, im proud of that guy right now. That being said, Juanma is a Beast.. I dont see anyone beating him @ 122, hes way toobig.

Penalosa was a very brave man tonight he wanted to continue even though he was losing on the scorecards. JuanMa was very good tonight, but Penalosa landed somegood punches.

Jermain Taylor lol he's a bum.

Ok, i'm recoverred after being kinda emotional now
laugh.gif

Gerry, retire and come home, and thanks for the memories
pimp.gif
I was kindaemotional watching the ending and when Freddie stopped it, but i had to agree for Gerry's safety. Freddie is close to his boxers and its always safetyfirst for him. Dude is a natural flyweight challenging a natural featherweight in the opposition's home country. He is deserving of his'Fearless' monicker.

JuanMa... I'm on the bandwagon

Daghang salamat Dodong Penalasa

JuanMa is a problem
smh.gif
pimp.gif

I was pulling for Gerry but he just didn't have the firepower to match. Showed tremendous heart tho and I think Freddie did the right thing. Gerry couldafinished the fight but woulda payed a severe price.

I told you fools not to sleep on Froch. His hands are heavy as hell. I want to see if this pansy Kessler would come out and fight him. Let's see the winnerof Andrade/Bute fight Froch and get a #1 champ in that division. I'll tell you right now, Kessler ain't beating Froch and he'll have a tough timebeating Andrade like he did before.

Dako I gotta give a lot of props to Gerry he put up a great fight but I think he should just retire and call it a great career now. JML is going to the top.I'd love to see him fight Caballero and get a unified champ in that division. Imagine one of those two against Vasquez. I'm excited as hell for boxingfor the summer/fall/winter and early next year.

yeah, i hope he does retire. too brave for his own good challenging JuanMa. But Gerry likes fighting guys that come to him. Due to his slow footwork (poliois in their genes) he always struggled against dudes with great footspeed. His other losses are because dudes just ran from him.. and he was robbed of acouple decisions. He is 36, has had a great career and not many people have knocked down Manny Pacquiao while sparring
pimp.gif
And the Penalosa family aint going anywhere. 17 year old Dodie Boy Penalosa Jr (gerry's nephew) is on the rise and will carry on the Penalosa name. Kuya Gerry, please retire while you're still in good health.. then we can justhave some drinks when you get back home.

I appreciate the love you guys here gave Gerry. Thanks guys!

JuanMa... The only person who knocked out Penalosa... He's not a rising star or prospect anymore... Dude is a bonafide star now. After he cleans upthe bantam-weight division, i hope he goes up to feather and probably lightweight. He has the frame to do it and still carry his power.

Watching the ending of Froch vs JT now...

Poor Jermaine...

I thought Roach made the right call. He lost every round up to that point and even the big punches he landed had no effect of Juanma. He took a lot ofpunishment and I believe Roach would have stopped it earlier had it been someone else...like he said in the interview. Kind of a shame I really never tooknotice of Penalosa because I'm definitely a fan now which is probably a little too late
grin.gif

You knew things were bad when he parted ways with Manny
yep... damn, just saw the ending of that fight. I didn't know Froch was the champ. He sure fought like a challenger wanting to take thebelt. Much much props to him!

Alright, after thinking about it, i have a new dream fight to take place in the next couple years. If they ever match up Gamboa with JuanMa i'll lose mymind. If they give that fight a year or two to season and let each guy build up a higher rep, i think its a matchup that could bring some huge exposure to thelighter weights. Maybe Barrera-Morales #'s? I dunno, i just pray it goes down.

^ I doubt the fight would last long enough to draw comparisons to Barrera/Morales, the way they fight it would end in 1 or 2
laugh.gif
but it'd be awesome whileit lasted.

Back
Top Bottom