09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Proshares, next sig.
pimp.gif

Thanks, but I don't even want him to win
laugh.gif
I just love when they singthat song for some odd reason.

I think this one goes the distance with Manny winning by a small margin. I wouldn't be surprised to see both of them hit the canvas in this fight.

Mario was at a fight last year with this really bad chick on one side and Evander on the other. He didn't look at the girl for about 6 rounds justtalking to Evander and doing his own combinations yelling at the ring I always found that funny.

I just casually follow boxing.

Why did Hatton switch from his former trainer (one that was on 24/7 when he fought Mayweather Jr) they have a falling out or what?

i don't believe there was any falling out, i think Rickey just realized Billy Graham could only get him so far and decided to enlist a more knowledgeabletrainer with a better eye for details.

^ I think they said in one of the 24/7 episodes that they haven't spoken to each other once since then. Pretty nuts considering how long they've knowneach other and how long Graham trained him.

Originally Posted by TheProfessorOfPugilism

Yeah, AC is huge on boxing. Trains in one of the big gyms in socal pretty often, might be Wildcard. He's actually been color analyst for some smaller/regional cable fights and a guest on Friday Night Fights on occasion. Usually celebrities trying to talk about sports like they're experts pisses me off, but i kinda like Slater. He seems to really love it and shows up to all types of small cards as well as the big time ones, and actually has the balls to at least get in the gym and spar with people.
Yep, I believe he's done some sparring with DLH and Toney among others...though I'm sure we're just talking about light sparring. Here he is below at the Wildcard Gym for an exhibition fight with Roach reffing.

http://fightbeat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21186

Originally Posted by bobby1109

^ I think they said in one of the 24/7 episodes that they haven't spoken to each other once since then. Pretty nuts considering how long they've known each other and how long Graham trained him.
Wow, i missed that. Interesting. I haven't read anything about a fall out, but who knows. For what its worth, Graham picked Hatton by KOinside 8, and said that he's gonna relocate to the US and set up shop as a trainer. Apparently he was having some health problems and has been out of thebusiness for a year or so.

Originally Posted by TheProfessorOfPugilism

Originally Posted by bobby1109

^ I think they said in one of the 24/7 episodes that they haven't spoken to each other once since then. Pretty nuts considering how long they've known each other and how long Graham trained him.
Wow, i missed that. Interesting. I haven't read anything about a fall out, but who knows. For what its worth, Graham picked Hatton by KO inside 8, and said that he's gonna relocate to the US and set up shop as a trainer. Apparently he was having some health problems and has been out of the business for a year or so.

Damn hope he's ok. That's why I give Floyd Sr. a little more respect for the way he's been training Hatton this fight because he's been sosick the entire time (I think they said it was a lung disease). What's been wrong with Graham?

Yeah, Floyd Sr. has Sarcoidosis. I don't know anything about it other than its constantly suggested as a possible disease on House MD every week
laugh.gif
. Asfar as grahams issues, i haven't heard anything particular, just that he had a few physical problems thare now either fully healed or improving now.Apparently he's coming to the US and getting things off the ground in a few weeks.

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

Damn! The Hatton fans are rolling DEEP top Vegas I see
laugh.gif
LOL. I think the Filipinos were salty because they had set chants and even a drum
laugh.gif

I'm filipino btw.

what i heard ... i think an older ricky interview.... was his hands were hurting or something when he'd do mitts with ricky.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

what i heard ... i think an older ricky interview.... was his hands were hurting or something when he'd do mitts with ricky.

I believe in the Hatton-Mayweather 24/7 they showed that Graham has to shot something with a needle into his hands before they did pad work.

I don't know a damn thing about boxing but I really want to see this fight.

My boy is a huge boxing fan and always tells me Pacman is one of the best athletes in the world and he's having a party tomorrow night, I'm gonna seewhat the deal is with Pacman. I might just start liking a new sport.

[h2]Sources: Mayweather Jr. to fight again[/h2]

Comment Email Print By Dan Rafael
ESPN.com
Archive

LAS VEGAS -- Floyd Mayweather Jr., the welterweight champ and pound-for-pound king until retiring last June, will officially end his retirement on Saturday at an afternoon news to announce a fight with lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez, multiple sources told ESPN.com.

Golden Boy promotions called the news conference late Friday, but did not reveal the particulars.

Multiple sources said Mayweather, who hasn't boxed since knocking out Ricky Hatton in a December 2007 welterweight title defense, will fight Marquez on July 18 on HBO PPV at the MGM Grand, the same venue hosting Saturday night's fight between junior welterweight champion Hatton and Manny Pacquiao, the man who succeeded Mayweather as the pound-for-pound king.

The sides have been close to a deal for several days but the one hang up had been the exact weight. In the end, they settled on a maximum weight of 144 pounds, a source involved with the fight told ESPN.com.

Mayweather had wanted the fight to be at 145 pounds, but Marquez (50-4-1, 37 KOs), the smaller man coming up from the 135-pound division where he is champion, wanted the weight as low as possible.

The deal was finalized Friday afternoon following a flurry of conversations over a six-hour period, another source said.

Besides the weight issue, the fight was delayed when Mayweather, a former five-division champion, visited promoter Don King last week at his Florida home, where they discussed a possible deal. But King couldn't get him to sign.

The seeds to a Mayweather comeback had been planted months ago when he began working out and sparring at his Las Vegas gym. Mayweather has also been dogged by IRS problems.

Mayweather (39-0, 25 KOs), who turned 32 on Feb. 24, told his advisers, Al Haymon and Leonard Ellerbe, in December that they were free to listen to fight offers.

Also, Mayweather's father, Floyd Mayweather Sr., who trains Hatton, told media members during the promotion of Hatton-Pacquiao that his son's ring return was imminent.

The winner of Mayweather-Marquez clearly looms as the most attractive opponent for the winner of Hatton-Pacquiao. Marquez and Pacquiao have already fought two very close, exciting fights, a draw in the first fight and a split decision win for Pacquiao in the second bout.
pimp.gif

What's up everybody? Haven't been around the thread in about a week...

Although i've never been one of Floyd's biggest fans...Boxing has missed him. And you really learn to appreciate his skill after he's gone...

I'm sitting here watching all 4 eps of Hatton/Pacquiao 24/7...P.S. I've always thought Pacquiao's personality wasn't right for 24/7, anyway...

Just wondering, for debate purposes...

Who do ya'll think is the better trainer? Floyd Sr or Freddie Roach?

EDIT:
pimp.gif
@ Roger's 4 year old...it'd be impossible for him not tobe successful when he becomes of age.

Back
Top Bottom