09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

julio cut already

Kirkland is allergic to jabbing?

I keep seein that low left and then seein Kirkland countin lights... Julio is missing with the rights by this | | much

Im tryin to tell ya!

**edit. Julios outta gas already
smh.gif

Julio he quit when he realized he couldnt hurt Kirkland
Im so disappointed in this chump

outta gas in the 3rd round
sick.gif

smh.gif

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

this was shapping up to be a classic....i hate when fights are stopped pre maturely

no it wasnt, dude wasnt putting up a fight after he realize he didnt have enough power to hurt Kirkland

Originally Posted by nelly28

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

put me on the Kirkland bandwagon

hes iight. needs to work on his jab
and his defense too... he can take a punch a well but if he doesnt learn to keep them gloves up or move his head ... somebody gonna catch himslippin

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

plz tell me i didnt just hear dudes nickname right

I heard that too
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Victor took care of business he keeps on running through these guys but they shouldn't put him up against Hatton, Pacquiao right now he is still only 22years old.

Quick notes

HBO needs to stop gassin up Victor Ortiz even though he is the best young talent in boxing

James Kirkland vs Paul Williams, make it happen

pimp.gif

String, U wanna see that?
IMO Kirkland would get schooled. 5'9 w/o a jab
sick.gif

Id like to see Kirkland vs Forrest

the Mandingo Warrior strikes again!!!! lmaoooooooo

Man this is my first time seeing Kirkland fight and he gave me a chuckle with his cyborg like mentality. He kind of reminds me of Lacy with a very slightdecline in muscle strength, he's more aggressive though. All in all, his all out style can be effective, but his footwork was TERRIBLE and when he gets tothe people that have footwork and throw jabs alot, he'll be lost, and someone like hopkins would leave him looking like a pure idiot. If Kirkland foughtthe way he did and had better footwork his punches would be stronger and he wouldnt get off balance as much. He nearly tripped over his own feet a coupletimes, not to mention he is already a sitting duck. He was definitely unrelenting though and thats what makes him. He needs to do away with the mandingowarrior title too.

I was more impressed with victor ortiz who I had heard about also like kirkland but had never seen a fight either. Yeah the fight was dull as hell, but ortizis a boxer, his timing seems on point and his footwork is straight up. If he threw more jabs and tweaked some other things down the line he could be the nextbig fighter in the future when alot of the older heads are bowing out. I really feel Kirkland is going to get handed a viscious loss by someone thats reallygood (like Lacy) because his defense and footwork are just subpar. I don't think he can beat the winner of williams vs winky, let alone either of them inall reality.

I was watching the fights with my pops and im like how the F this dude buddy mcgirt gets fighters ? Dudes boxers always takin' L's.

Great fight by Kirkland. He needs to keep his hands up and throw that jab more. Dude was lyin when he said Julio's punches didn't hurt. Those were hardpunches and he took em like a champ though. If he throws a jab and keeps his hands up dude could really do some damage. Dude looks HUGE for 154.
sick.gif

I wish I could of seen more of Ortiz. I agree dont let him fight the top guys yet. He's to young.

Oh yeah, disagree if you want, even though Kirkland pretty much dominated that fight with pure aggression I think Julio landed the stronger and more flushpunches. I can't remember the round for sure but I think it was the 2nd round, I think Julio landed the biggest punch of the fight that drugged Kirkland,I think it was a straight right hand. After he threw that Kirkland started to slow down and box/respect him momentarily, but as soon as he recovered he threwall respect back out of the window.

Great fight by Kirkland. He needs to keep his hands up and throw that jab more. Dude was lyin when he said Julio's punches didn't hurt. Those were hard punches and he took em like a champ though. If he throws a jab and keeps his hands up dude could really do some damage. Dude looks HUGE for 154.
sick.gif

Hell yeah man, he gonna say that, yet he gonna say he felt the headbutts. Those headbutts were not stronger than julio's hardest punches

^ i kinda agree because if you saw Kirkland he wouldn't use his footwork he isn't slick and if he were to fight someone like Sergio Martinez type hewould get outboxed. You could see Joel was landing a snap jab to Kirkland if someone with a good jab ala Winky they'd win IMO by flicking the jab.

Ya Julio was catching him nice. Some hurt and some he just straight up ate. I was shocked at times. The difference between Kirkland and alot of pressurefighters I think if he had to box, he can IMO. He threw alot of body punches early and that just slowed down Julio. By the 3rd round Julio was looking sluggishand he was gonna a big KO to win this fight. Kirkland really made dude uncomfortable with all the moving around Julio had to do.

Just got back.

Overall, quality of the fights were great. The pre-lims were entertaining as heck!

I hope they come back to SJ sometime soon.

I think Arnaoutis coulda kept on fighting. +%+$ was stopped too damn quick.

Headbutt in the Guerrero fight was acceptable.

Julio = Bum. Kirkland needs to learn some damn defense, and like everyone else said, THROW A DAMN JAB DUDE! Dude has the skills but is too damn wild.

I had a great time tonight! Hope everyone enjoyed the fights!

I was pretty disappointed in Guerrero
smh.gif

He could at least have finished the round and let his cutman do some work (cut was nasty though
sick.gif
)

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

String, U wanna see that?
IMO Kirkland would get schooled. 5'9 w/o a jab
sick.gif

If Paul is gonna clean up that division he has to start somewhere

pimp.gif

It would real interesting to see if James can pressure Paul like he did the Love Child, I doubt it but it would be worth watching

I feel bad for Guerrero, he's from my hometown (sorta, close enough), and he's the pride of our area, but the cut WAS nasty.

Kirkland whooped Joel, although Julio caught him in the third, but Kirkland's stamina was too much for Joel.

Back
Top Bottom