09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

berto definitely loses to Zab unless Zab falls apart, If Berto gets hit with the same shots from Zab, that Collazo was hittin him with, he's gonna be countin lights
Quintana- if Berto works the body, he can win.
Yeah, I think if Zab catches Berto with one of those uppercuts its good night. Actually why i think Zab could beat Hatton at 140. Zab was a hugepuncher at 140, Hatton has proven to be chinny and reckless, so if Zab catches him with a couple of those big uppercuts as Hatton charges in i think he'llbe meeting the turnbuckle once more.

As for Berto-Quintana, I'd favor Quintana, but Berto has a good shot. Quintana can crack a little and is a pretty good boxer, so the key would obviouslybe body punching, but more than that i think the most difficult thing for Berto would be simply to get past Quintana's reach and jab to even do body workon the inside.

Just found this video. For anyone who hasn't seen it, its Floyd giving his playoff picks to Jim Lampley in the middle of the round while fighting HenryBruseles. Please come back Floyd.

Ortiz wont get rid of Forbes , Forbes is a lot better than anyone Ortiz has Fought to date . But if he beats Forbes it says alot .
Agreed, Forbes is durable. What'll make a decision or even a KO by Ortiz so impressive is the fact that both he and Forbes are pretty muchneutral/even at weight. Forbes had no business at 147 against Berto, and at 150 against Oscar.

eek.gif
@ the thought of Angulo/Kirkland. That would be a war for the 5-6 roundsthat it would last...I could see that fight happenin' at some point within' the next year. Right now, it seems that their promoters are building themup for title shots.

Gunna, what's good with your boy, Berto? Seems like Collazo put the fear of god into him...

Professor (I'm still used to callin' you Amo
ohwell.gif
) Where do yousee our boy, The Love Child going from here?

Gunna, what's good with your boy, Berto? Seems like Collazo put the fear of god into him...

Fear? nah not Berto, his bloodclot handlers. they already dont give him good coaching and fightplans and now they compounding things with these cupcake fightsthey tryin to make

berto should be encouraged that he withstood that fight despite fighting the wrong fight

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

Ortiz wont get rid of Forbes , Forbes is a lot better than anyone Ortiz has Fought to date . But if he beats Forbes it says alot .
Agreed, Forbes is durable. What'll make a decision or even a KO by Ortiz so impressive is the fact that both he and Forbes are pretty much neutral/even at weight. Forbes had no business at 147 against Berto, and at 150 against Oscar.

eek.gif
@ the thought of Angulo/Kirkland. That would be a war for the 5-6 rounds that it would last...I could see that fight happenin' at some point within' the next year. Right now, it seems that their promoters are building them up for title shots.

Professor (I'm still used to callin' you Amo
ohwell.gif
) Where do you see our boy, The Love Child going from here?
Yo go ahead and still call me Amo, everyone else in here does, i aint trippin. Anyway, i am very concerned with the Love Child. I don't knowwhat it was, but he just looked OFF on Saturday. His hands looked slower than usual, his right was unusually wide, he came out bone dry, tired after a coupleof rounds, i just don't know what happened to him. My thinking is he may have a LITTLE bit of a future if it was just a really off night, because hereally didn't look good to me from the opening bell. However, most likely i think he may be done as a top level fighter. He was never gonna be a guy thatwould outbox dudes to easy decisions, and seeing how Kirkland took his heart in that fight im not sure if he can win a "war" either. If thats thecase Kirkland took his heart and confidence, than Julio is done. There is a small chance that Julio knew he didn't have it that night and said f it forthat reason, but i doubt it. And it pains me to say that.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by TheProfessorOfPugilism

Yo go ahead and still call me Amo, everyone else in here does, i aint trippin. Anyway, i am very concerned with the Love Child. I don't know what it was, but he just looked OFF on Saturday. His hands looked slower than usual, his right was unusually wide, he came out bone dry, tired after a couple of rounds, i just don't know what happened to him. My thinking is he may have a LITTLE bit of a future if it was just a really off night, because he really didn't look good to me from the opening bell. However, most likely i think he may be done as a top level fighter. He was never gonna be a guy that would outbox dudes to easy decisions, and seeing how Kirkland took his heart in that fight im not sure if he can win a "war" either. If thats the case Kirkland took his heart and confidence, than Julio is done. There is a small chance that Julio knew he didn't have it that night and said f it for that reason, but i doubt it. And it pains me to say that.
frown.gif
I think the same thing happened to him as what happened to Miranda against Pavlik. Being pressured like that is both physically and mentallyexhausting and it might explain why their punches just didn't seem to have the same snap.

i'm watching the fight again here http://www.boxingtube.org/james-kirkland-vs-joel-julio

.. judging from the first few rounds, Julio got more snap in his punches than Kirkland. When he throws his right hand, it snaps Kirkland's head back. Kinda reminded me of Diaz Marquez early rounds when the guy backpedaling had the cleaner punches. But like Amo said... Kirkland just took his heart andconfidence. Julio lost the fight already at the stare down. Kirkland's eyes was just full of fire and Julio looked intimidated.

Originally Posted by Jagshemash

Originally Posted by TheProfessorOfPugilism

Yo go ahead and still call me Amo, everyone else in here does, i aint trippin. Anyway, i am very concerned with the Love Child. I don't know what it was, but he just looked OFF on Saturday. His hands looked slower than usual, his right was unusually wide, he came out bone dry, tired after a couple of rounds, i just don't know what happened to him. My thinking is he may have a LITTLE bit of a future if it was just a really off night, because he really didn't look good to me from the opening bell. However, most likely i think he may be done as a top level fighter. He was never gonna be a guy that would outbox dudes to easy decisions, and seeing how Kirkland took his heart in that fight im not sure if he can win a "war" either. If thats the case Kirkland took his heart and confidence, than Julio is done. There is a small chance that Julio knew he didn't have it that night and said f it for that reason, but i doubt it. And it pains me to say that.
frown.gif
I think the same thing happened to him as what happened to Miranda against Pavlik. Being pressured like that is both physically and mentally exhausting and it might explain why their punches just didn't seem to have the same snap.
Maybe, but Miranda was CRAZY drained for that fight. He needed help walking off the state after the weigh-in.

It would make sense though. These colombians are so use to just steamrolling through everyone that when someone finally takes the fight to them they don'tknow what to do, they've never seen it before. When someone stands in front of them they usually go away quickly.

Maybe, but Miranda was CRAZY drained for that fight. He needed help walking off the state after the weigh-in.

It would make sense though. These colombians are so use to just steamrolling through everyone that when someone finally takes the fight to them they don't know what to do, they've never seen it before. When someone stands in front of them they usually go away quickly.

Yea, I suppose it's not simply pressure but the fact that they didn't know how to deal with it which only increased it's effects. Miranda allowed himself to get back up in the corner and ropes all night and Julio ran around the ring all night.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

i'm watching the fight again here http://www.boxingtube.org/james-kirkland-vs-joel-julio

.. judging from the first few rounds, Julio got more snap in his punches than Kirkland. When he throws his right hand, it snaps Kirkland's head back. Kinda reminded me of Diaz Marquez early rounds when the guy backpedaling had the cleaner punches. But like Amo said... Kirkland just took his heart and confidence. Julio lost the fight already at the stare down. Kirkland's eyes was just full of fire and Julio looked intimidated.
Looks like you have to download zango in order to watch the fight. In case you didn't know that's spyware so you or anyone else usecaution.

I swear by the time we get Abraham/Pavlik, nobody will even wanna see the fight anymore...

laugh.gif
Mora wasn't dumb enough to turn this shot down again. Sad thingis, he had a better shot against Taylor...

Mora's style makes anybody look ugly.

It'll be on PPV?
eyes.gif
@ Arum. HBO probably didn't want it...

Mora-Pavlik is eh....

I would love to see Mora get KTFO, though.

I hear Abraham is having problems making weight once again for his upcoming fight so I'm not sure Pavlik-Abraham will even happen, at least atmiddleweight.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Do or die for Barrera and Khan[/h1]

By Dan Rafael
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: March 13, 2009, 10:12 AM ET

mma_g_kahn1_576.jpg

Photo by Alex Livesey/Getty Images

Proceed with caution: Amir Khan will be on guard against the dangerous Marco Antonio Barrera.
[h3]Barrera, Khan meet at the crossroads[/h3]
Amir Khan was a couple of weeks shy of his third birthday when Marco Antonio Barrera made his professional debut in 1986. Khan was only 8 when the Mexican legend won a world title in the first of the three divisions he would conquer.

They couldn't have traveled more disparate paths to get where they are right now -- years apart in age with a vast difference in their experience level and accomplishments, but each in dire need of a notable victory to keep his career afloat at the top level of boxing when they face each other in a 12-round lightweight bout in Manchester, England, on Saturday (Integrated Sports PPV, 4 p.m. ET).

It's the main event of a bill that also features Enzo Maccarinelli against Ola Afolabi for a vacant interim cruiserweight title and Nicky Cook making the first defense of his junior lightweight belt against mandatory challenger Roman Martinez.

To call the fight a "must-win" for Barrera and Khan would be a major understatement.

Barrera toiled for years out of the spotlight in his native Mexico before surging to the top of the sport with a series of exciting performances. He won titles at junior featherweight, featherweight and junior lightweight and was one of the top pound-for-pound performers for the better part of a decade. His trilogy with Erik Morales is one of the best in boxing history and his 2001 upset of Naseem Hamed one of the most memorable of the decade.

But after back-to-back losses in 2007 to Juan Manuel Marquez and Manny Pacquiao -- otherwise known at the moment as the best two fighters in the world pound-for-pound -- Barrera was left for dead by many.
[table][tr][th=""]
On TV​
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]TV lineup for Saturday's Frank Warren-promoted pay-per-view card (Integrated Sports, 4 p.m. ET) from the MEN Arena in Manchester, England: • Lightweights: Amir Khan (19-1, 15 KOs) vs. Marco Antonio Barrera (65-6, 43 KOs), 12 rounds
Cruiserweights: Enzo Maccarinelli (29-2, 22 KOs) vs. Ola Afolabi (13-1-3, 5 KOs), 12 rounds, for a vacant interim title
Junior lightweights: Nicky Cook (29-1, 16 KOs) vs. Roman Martinez (21-0-1, 12 KOs), 12 rounds, for Cook's title[/td] [/tr][/table]
Although Barrera (65-6, 43 KOs) rebounded with two victories, they came against extraordinarily low-level opponents. But the wins set the stage for his meeting with Khan, a fight that surprised many when it was made because it came out of the blue.

"I got this opportunity to come here and win. I am a warrior," Barrera said.

He believes the fight makes perfect sense.

"The reason I took this fight is because a win here puts me in line to realize my top remaining goal to become the first Mexican-born fighter to win world championships in four separate weight divisions," Barrera, 35, said. "I've been world champion in three weight divisions and my goal is to win a world championship in the lightweight division. I don't want to wait. I want to get there as fast as I can. A win over Khan puts me right where I want to be."

Barrera promoter Don King sounded confident -- when doesn't he? -- in Barrera.

"He will knock Khan out and catapult himself back into prominence," King said. "Khan is taking the gamble. He figures Barrera is at the end of his career. Oh, have we got a surprise for him."

Khan never had to toil like Barrera did. He was expected to be a pro star from the moment he claimed a silver medal at the 2004 Athens Olympics.

box_a_khan_prescott1_sw_sq_300.jpg

AP Photo/Jon Super

Amir Khan was on the fast track to fame and fortune -- until he ran into Breidis Prescott.

Blessed with size, skills, power and outrageous speed, he looked like he was on his way to the top quickly as promoter Frank Warren put him the fast track. However, one attribute also necessary for any top fighter -- a strong chin -- has failed him. Khan, 22, suffered several knockdowns, a major cause for concern. Then he met Breidis Prescott in September. Prescott waxed Khan, knocking him down twice in brutal fashion and winning on a first-round knockout.

"I've just got to be more careful in this fight," Khan said. "In the Prescott fight I rushed in a little bit. I was running into punches. That's not my style. My style is more slick, hit and move. That's what I'm going to stick to. The biggest improvement under Freddie has been my defense. After the Prescott fight I needed to work at it and working on my defense has made me a better fighter in a whole different way. It made me more focused and composed and made me think about things more."

Although Khan (19-1, 15 KOs) returned to stop Oisin Fagan in two rounds in December in his first fight with trainer Freddie Roach, the fight with Barrera represents a quantum leap in level of opponent. Having already gone down in flames once, Khan can hardly afford to do it again if he wants to remain a hot commodity.

Khan knows it, too, which is why he spent six weeks in Los Angeles training with Roach.

"I can't wait for the fight," Khan said. "I've still got to prove a few people wrong and hopefully I can do that against Barrera. He's a great fighter but I think his style is made for mine. This is the right fight at the right time for me. I've had a fantastic training camp in the States, and everything has gone brilliantly.

"Freddie is such a knowledgeable trainer and so is everyone around him. We've worked out a good game plan for Barrera, and now it's a case of putting it into action."

box_a_hamed_barrera_300.jpg

Al Bello /Allsport

Amir Khan's camp believes Marco Antonio Barrera's best days are behind him.

Roach has liked what he has seen from Khan, which is why he didn't hesitate to approve Barrera as an opponent when the fight came up.

"Barrera's best was at 122 and 126. Amir is a big 135-pounder," Roach said. "It's the perfect time -- 22-year-old kid against a 35-year-old veteran. We respect Barrera and there's a lot we have to look out for from him. Barrera can set up guys with his experience but we've really prepared for that. Amir reminds me a lot of Pacquiao.

"They're both very athletic and Amir is the only guy who can run with Manny. I remember Manny getting knocked out early in his career [in the third round by Rustico Torrecampo in 1996] and everybody writing him off. Amir came in on a bigger stage from the Olympics, but I believe he'll rebound and become world champion."

Before he faced Fagan, Khan estimates that he sparred around 90 rounds with Pacquiao, who is also trained by Roach and was preparing for his eventual knockout win against Oscar De La Hoya in December.

"Manny's been giving me some great advice," Khan said. "We sparred a lot ahead of my last fight, and he's had some input this time around as well. Obviously he's beaten Barrera [twice] before, and he's given me some good tips. He knows how tough these Mexicans can be and what it takes to beat them, and fingers crossed a bit of his magic can rub off on me."

Barrera isn't buying Khan's bravado. He believes he will undress Khan the same way he did Hamed, who was hugely popular in England during his heyday.

"I will beat Khan because I have more experience than him and I'm still a much better fighter than he is," Barrera said. "He is a good young fighter but there's nothing he can do between to surpass my skills and experience. Don't forget what I did to Prince Naseem Hamed, too, another highly touted guy with fast hands.

"Amir is young and he is quick, but he doesn't have the chin or the experience to deal with me."
[h3]HBO's '24/7' returns[/h3]
HBO made official the return of its hit Emmy-award-winning reality series "24/7." The fifth installment, "Pacquiao/Hatton 24/7," will feature four episodes devoted to following the buildup to the May 2 HBO PPV fight between junior welterweight champ Ricky Hatton and pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao. Both fighters agreed to give HBO's cameras round-the-clock access to their training camps. Figuring to add spark to the series is the presence of rival trainers Freddie Roach and Floyd Mayweather Sr.

box_e_pacquiao1_300.jpg

Chris Farina/Top Rank

HBO cameras will take boxing fans inside the Manny Pacquiao camp with the return of "24/7."

Instead of Sunday night episodes with the finale on the Thursday before the fight, the schedule other installments have followed, "Pacquiao/Hatton 24/7" will air on Saturday nights with the finale the night before the fight. The first episode premieres April 11 (9:30 p.m. ET/PT) with subsequent episodes April 18 (10 p.m. ET/PT), April 25 (10:35 p.m. ET/PT) and May 1 (9:30 p.m. ET/PT). Liev Schreiber returns as narrator.

"This latest edition of '24/7' features two of the most talented and personable fighters in boxing today, and we look forward to bringing their compelling story lines and personalities to our subscribers in what promises to be engaging television," HBO Sports president Ross Greenburg said in announcing the series. "The trainers, Floyd Sr. and Freddie Roach, will likely add fireworks to the series. This fight is sure to generate a lot of excitement and energy worldwide, and we hope to capture those dramatic moments."

Dan Rafael is the boxing writer for ESPN.com.

3 comments on "Do or die for Barrera and Khan"

[h4]QUICK HITS[/h4]
box_adamek_65.jpg

Adamek

• Talks are under way between Main Events and Golden Boy Promotions to match cruiserweight champion Tomasz Adamek with Bernard Hopkins in an HBO main event in July, Main Events chief Kathy Duva told ESPN.com. Duva said she and Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer began negotiating Wednesday. "HBO is interested," Duva said. "Obviously, it's an intriguing fight and if the deal makes sense, it's something we want to do. [Adamek] is interested in the deal that makes the most sense and Bernard may be it. Hopefully, we can work things out quickly."

box_i_jkirkland_65.jpg

Kirkland

• Junior middleweight terror James Kirkland, fresh from a six-round destruction of Joel "Love Child" Julio on Saturday in the HBO "Boxing After Dark" main event, has landed a coveted spot on the May 2 Ricky Hatton-Manny Pacquiao HBO PPV undercard, manager Cameron Dunkin told ESPN.com. Dunkin said he and Golden Boy are talking over opponents. The leading candidate is Michael Walker, Dunkin said. Top Rank is looking to put on junior welterweight Michael Alvarado in another of the televised slots. Alvarado (25-0, 18 KOs), who scored a spectacular 10th-round knockout of Emmanuel Clottey last week, could face Lucas Matthysse (23-0, 21 KOs) of Argentina, manager Shelly Finkel told ESPN.com.

box_ortiz_smiles_65.jpg

Ortiz

• If Kirkland takes care of business May 2, he'll be back on HBO's "Boxing After Dark" June 27 co-headlining with junior welterweight Victor Ortiz, the 2008 ESPN.com prospect of the year who also dazzled on Saturday by stopping Mike Arnaoutis in the second round. Both rising stars could find themselves fighting for world titles. Golden Boy is talking to German promoter Universum about bringing titleholder Sergei Dzindziruk (36-0, 22 KOs) of Ukraine to America to defend against Kirkland. Dzindziruk had some rocky moments in his last fight, a decision against Julio. Another possibility, but a more remote one, is for Kirkland to face Don King-promoted titleholder Daniel Santos (32-3-1, 23 KOs). "We'll fight either guy," Dunkin said. "Kirkland has no problem fighting anybody. Whatever Golden Boy and HBO want." Finkel, Ortiz's co-manager, told ESPN.com that Golden Boy was talking with Universum about titleholder Andreas Kotelnik (31-2-1, 13 KOs) of Ukraine defending his belt on the same card against Ortiz.

box_f_urango_65.jpg

Urango

• One of the names that has emerged as a possible challenger for welterweight titleholder Andre Berto is exciting junior welterweight titlist Juan Urango. Berto promoter Lou DiBella and Urango promoter Leon Margules of Seminole Warriors Boxing are discussing the bout, they both told ESPN.com. If made, it would headline HBO's "Boxing After Dark" on May 30, possibly from the Hard Rock resort in Hollywood, Fla. DiBella said he's talking about the fight with HBO (whose first choice is Zab Judah) and waiting for Urango to be approved as an opponent. Margules said he's also interested but needs to talk it over with his fighter. DiBella said former titleholder Carlos Quintana, whom he also promotes, is another possibility.

box_fw_gamboa_65.jpg

Gamboa

• 2004 Cuban Olympic gold medalist Yuriorkis Gamboa (14-0, 12 KOs), one of the hottest prospects in boxing, is slated to face Jose "Cheo" Rojas for a vacant featherweight belt April 17 on Showtime's "ShoBox." Lightweight Breidis Prescott was supposed to be on the card but he's off because of an injury suffered Feb. 20 against Humberto Toledo, who was disqualified in the 10th round for biting Prescott's neck. Replacing Prescott will be welterweight prospect Selcuk Aydin (17-0, 14 KOs). He may face Said Ouali.

box_a_barrios_65.jpg

Barrios

• Jorge Barrios suffered a broken upper jaw -- near his ear -- during a recent sparring session and has been forced to withdraw from a fight with fellow former junior lightweight titleholder Carlos Hernandez, according to Golden Boy's Eric Gomez. The bout was supposed to be part of Golden Boy's all-lightweight pay-per-view card April 4 in Austin, Texas. Gomez said that Vicente Escobedo, a Golden Boy prospect and 2004 U.S. Olympian, might replace Barrios against Hernandez. Escobedo had been scheduled to face faded ex-featherweight titlist Kevin Kelley on March 26, but it was postponed until April 30 because Kelley got sick. However, Escobedo may opt to fight Hernandez rather than wait for Kelley. Edwin Valero faces Antonio Pitalua for a vacant title in the main event. Joel Casamayor meets Julio Diaz and Michael Katsidis faces Jesus Chavez in other televised bouts.

box_fw_caballero_65.jpg

Caballero

• Unified junior featherweight titleholder Celestino Caballero (31-2, 22 KOs) of Panama will make his mandatory defense against South Africa's Jeffrey Mathebula (22-1-2, 12 KOs) at the Hard Rock resort in Hollywood, Fla., on April 24. The bout will be the main event of a "ShoBox" card (Showtime), Seminole Warriors Boxing promoter Leon Margules said. Showtime had been interested in seeing if a fight between Caballero and titleholder Juan Manuel Lopez could be made, but Lopez is going to defend his belt in his native Puerto Rico on HBO against bantamweight titleholder Gerry Penalosa on April 25.

box_fw_bailey1_sw_65.jpg

Bailey

• Rather than go to a purse bid, handlers for Randall Bailey and Frankie Figueroa reached an agreement this week. For the right to challenge junior welterweight titleholder Juan Urango, Bailey and Figueroa will meet April 3 in Memphis on "Friday Night Fights" (ESPN2).

• Welterweight contender Delvin Rodriguez's close decision against Shamone Alvarez in a rough fight on last week's "Friday Night Fights" came with a price. Rodriguez injured his right hand in the eighth round. He visited a hand specialist Wednesday and was diagnosed with tendinitis in the area between the top of his thumb and wrist, manager Stan Hoffman told ESPN.com. Hoffman said the doctor said Rodriguez could have a hairline fracture but won't know for sure until the swelling goes down. Rodriguez will have a follow-up exam April 25. Also, when Rodriguez knocked Alvarez down in the 11th round, he further injured his right hand. "He hit the guy so hard when he knocked him down that he also got himself a problem with his middle finger where he has a badly bruised tendon."

box_a_dirrell_65.jpg

Dirrell

• Super middleweight contender Andre Dirrell (17-0, 12 KOs) will face Derrick Findley (13-2, 8 KOs) on March 28 in Showtime's "ShoBox" main event. Findley replaces former "Contender" participant David Banks, who withdrew because of legal problems. Junior middleweight Ronald Hearns (21-0, 17 KOs) meets Harry Joe Yorgey (21-0, 9 KOs) in the co-feature. Showtime will also air a four-rounder featuring featherweight Gary Russell Jr. (2-0, 1 KO), a 2008 U.S. Olympian, against Kristian Magallon (4-3, 1 KO), according to Showtime's Gordon Hall.

box_g_valuev_65.jpg

Valuev

• Heavyweight titleholder Nikolai Valuev is anxious to make his mandatory defense against so-called "champion in recess" Ruslan Chagaev, who has twice pulled out against Valuev. Chagaev returned to defeat Carl Davis Drummond last month -- meaning he is no longer "in recess." Valuev, whose lone defeat came via majority decision to Chagaev in a 2007 title bout, wants to fulfill his mandatory immediately. "Enough is enough," Valuev said. "All this confusion has to end. There is just one way to determine the true [WBA] champion and that is by meeting in the ring. & I want to avenge the only loss of my career. I want to take on Chagaev as soon as possible." According to Chris Meyer of promoter Sauerland Event, Valuev is willing to skip a lucrative potential optional defense. "We have therefore submitted a formal request to the WBA asking for the negotiations between the two camps to begin immediately," Meyer said. "If a voluntary agreement cannot be reached, a purse bid should be scheduled by the end of March. We have proposed that the fight will be eventually staged by the end of June."

[h4]QUOTABLE[/h4]
box_g_mayweather1_sw_65.jpg

Mayweather Sr.

"They've got him in the Hall of Fame. He should be in the Hall of Shame. Let's tell the truth like it is. You see Freddie Roach training, you see me training -- it is night and day. Don't even compare, don't even come close. I mean, let's be for real. Tell the truth. Freddie Roach is a joke. And that's what I say, that's why his name is 'Freddie the joke coach Roach,' as far as I'm concerned." -- Floyd Mayweather Sr., junior welterweight champ Ricky Hatton's trainer, ripping Roach, the trainer of Hatton's May 2 opponent, pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao, on a recent teleconference with reporters

[h4]QUOTABLE[/h4]
box_fw_bradley_65.jpg

Bradley

"Bernie Madoff's investors have a better chance of recouping their money than Kendall Holt has against me." -- junior welterweight titleholder Timothy Bradley, on his April 4 [Showtime] unification fight

Something tells me we'll see deja vu with Barrera/Khan, similar to Barrera/Hamed.

I don't care who your trainer is, they can't give you a chin...Khan is playing with fire.
Junior middleweight terror James Kirkland, fresh from a six-round destruction of Joel "Love Child" Julio on Saturday in the HBO "Boxing After Dark" main event, has landed a coveted spot on the May 2 Ricky Hatton-Manny Pacquiao HBO PPV undercard, manager Cameron Dunkin told ESPN.com. Dunkin said he and Golden Boy are talking over opponents. The leading candidate is Michael Walker, Dunkin said.
GBP didn't learn their lesson with the Oscar/Pac-Man undercard? Didn't they say they were gonna improve? Then tell me...who the hell isMichael Walker?

"They've got him in the Hall of Fame. He should be in the Hall of Shame. Let's tell the truth like it is. You see Freddie Roach training, you see me training -- it is night and day. Don't even compare, don't even come close. I mean, let's be for real. Tell the truth. Freddie Roach is a joke. And that's what I say, that's why his name is 'Freddie the joke coach Roach,' as far as I'm concerned." -- Floyd Mayweather Sr., junior welterweight champ Ricky Hatton's trainer, ripping Roach, the trainer of Hatton's May 2 opponent, pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao, on a recent teleconference with reporters

roll.gif
roll.gif

Floyd senior is hilarious i kinda miss him and Roger dudes had jokes for days

Bute-Zuniga on ShoBox now Professor you might not want to watch lol

Floyd Sr. and Roach should add an interesting twist to the upcoming 24/7.
Freddie said he would be more concerned about the fight if Roger Mayweather were training Hatton.

kinda miss him and Roger dudes had jokes for days

Roger & PBF were straight comedy. Had me dying every time they clowned on Hatton.

Back
Top Bottom