09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Originally Posted by Jagshemash

Originally Posted by yungmatt

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]http://www.maxboxing.com/Kim/Kim030609.asp

[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Bob Arum told Maxboxing on Thursday afternoon that Miguel Cotto's next fight on June 13th is getting close to being finalized. "He's going to fight Joshua Clottey in Madison Square Garden," said the veteran promoter.[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]
[/font]
pimp.gif
Ima go to that fight... Hopefully get something close to front row
I'm going to try and make it as well. I've been wanting to go to MSG for a fight and I'm sure there would be a great atmosphere for this.

I'm definitely going to try and make it out to this one for sure. You guys in the city too or just traveling out to see the fight?

Originally Posted by Proshares

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]http://www.maxboxing.com/Kim/Kim030609.asp

[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Bob Arum told Maxboxing on Thursday afternoon that Miguel Cotto's next fight on June 13th is getting close to being finalized. "He's going to fight Joshua Clottey in Madison Square Garden," said the veteran promoter.[/font]
[/font]
pimp.gif
I'm going to try and make it as well. I've been wanting to go to MSG for a fight and I'm sure there would be a great atmosphere for this.

I'm definitely going to try and make it out to this one for sure. You guys in the city too or just traveling out to see the fight?
Im in Brooklyn... Its gonna be the Puerto Rican Day parade preview in the garden that night
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

[/font]
[/font]
pimp.gif

Im in Brooklyn... Its gonna be the Puerto Rican Day parade preview in the garden that night
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I forgot about that, it's going to be wild in there...if a few ofus are going we should try and meet up or something get a little toasted
laugh.gif

[/font]
[/font]

Please say its so

pimp.gif

SON 2009 is CRAZYYYYYYYY!!!!!

String where da %$%% u been? U missed the JMM/Diaz fight? I aint seen u inside the thread before during or after ...

Just the usual internet technical difficulties / lurking

I'll definitely be around tomorrow. I think Rampage is fighting tomorrow night as well. Should be a good fight night

pimp.gif

if a few of us are going we should try and meet up or something get a little toasted
laugh.gif

I'm in there...
pimp.gif

Can't wait till tomorrow night...Julio, Ortiz, and The Ghost...
pimp.gif

Still can't get my Team Boxing sig to work.

HBO
Robert Guerrero 130 vs Daud Yordan 129.5
Victor Ortiz 140 vs Mike Arnaoutis 140
James Kirkland 153.5 vs Joel Julio 154

iqh1qv.jpg

10s69ub.jpg

vqhe2o.jpg

Victor and Julio look good and ready to go. Kirkland and Yordan look pretty dried out to me. Guerrero and Arnaoutis look a little dry but nothing too major.

Kirkland always has that look pre fights. its like he has more striated muscles , like every cut is more defined

I dont see him takin Julio's punches, but then again,
laugh.gif
I dont see Joel withstanding too many of Kirkland's shots.

U think this could be a snooze fest from both fighters being too cautious or an all out war?

Yeah Kirkland is a large body and always looks pretty drained, but he hasn't made 154 for a couple fights. His last two fights were at 156 and 157. I'mwondering if he just didn't want to cut extra weight for those fights or he's slowly starting to outgrow the division.

Julio has a pretty solid chin. More solid than Kirklands from what i've seen so far. Julio only been down once, and he was just off balance leaning backwhen he got hit, not hurt at all. Kirkland been down a couple times, and he hasn't faced too many huge hitters.

I think the quality of this fight depends on Kirkland. Julio is aggressive, but he's also real good when playing the role of counter puncher. He'sreally good when he counters with manly shots. He dropped Quintana with a counter, and after that Quintana started cranking up the movement and gave Joel fits.He's not great at chasing guys down and cutting off the ring, so i think Julio would rather sit and counter Kirkland's wide shots. If Kirkland sticksto form and is aggressive from the opening bell, we'll have an all out war, because Julio isn't shy about throwing punches when someone comes at him,but if Kirkland is a bit tense and starts slow, i don't see Julio trying to push the pace early because he is the better boxer of the two (although thatsnot saying much).

Still, i think it'll be a real good fight. Kirkland only knows one direction, and i don't think he's a good enough counterpuncher for his corner tomake that the gameplan. Julio might beat him into that mode with his shots, but i'd be shocked if it started out that way.

I think we may see a poor mans version of Marquez-Diaz, just shorter with bigger shots thrown by each side.

Woo!!!

San Jose is in for one hell of a night!!!

11 fights today/night. We are ganna be there awhile...

Ortiz/Arnaoutis & Kirkland/Julio have the potential to be great fights. Not saying they weren't from the beginning, but they could be very fun.

Yah, it should be a live scene out there in SJ tonight.
Wish I could have swooped up some tix
smh.gif

There's alot of local talent fighting that's not gonna be televised too. I stopped by my homie's gym the other day and seen Karim Mayfield prep forhis fight tonight. Pretty cool stuff.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by el producto79

Man, when was the last time anybody in here saw a fighter trained by Buddy Mcgirt win?
laugh.gif
he is the kiss of death
Fam I'm not exaggerating when I say that's about the 20th consecutive fight I've seen Buddy's fighters lose.

Back
Top Bottom