🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

This is Beyonce week.
808's and Heartbreak is a good example, people wrote Kanye off after he dropped that album, it was off the wall (no pun), but years later, it's appreciated. It wasn't "hot" right out the gate

The thing is we're in the era of "bangers" and "chop rap"...Drakes album was mellowed out (compared to whats hot right now), once the wave changes, people may take an appreciation to it
It will age better. I see myself being 40 listening to Fire and Desire

808's and Heartbreak is a good example, people wrote Kanye off after he dropped that album, it was off the wall (no pun), but years later, it's appreciated. It wasn't "hot" right out the gate

The thing is we're in the era of "bangers" and "chop rap"...Drakes album was mellowed out (compared to whats hot right now), once the wave changes, people may take an appreciation to it

The difference between 808s and Views is that 808s was at least relatively innovative.

Views is Drake lazily playing catch up to a sound that he helped create but has now been done better by guys like Tory Lanez and Bryson Tiller. Drake not doing nothing new.

It's always funny to me when people say "this will be appreciated years from now".

Like whats gon change? Those weak bars and lazy singing ain't changing. For a album to get better over time it at least has to have good lyrics.

Aint Drake supposed to be the biggest wave in the game right now though?

Kendrick and Cole don't make the typical "bangers" or trap rap and both of their albums were praised when they dropped and still are.

And a lot of people liked 808's. That's why Drake, Cudi and some others was influenced by it and had success the very next year. It didn't take years down the line for people to catch it. That emotional, melodies, dark beats style caught on quick. :lol:

Last edited:
Views is just utilizing a formula that's always worked. Why should it be as innovative as 808's to be good? If you think he regressed on Views then fine but realize that it's his most well received album by the public so far.

It's far from lazy but I doubt anyone believes it's on the level of Take Care or NWTS.

Views is just utilizing a formula that's always worked. Why should it be as innovative as 808's to be good? If you think he regressed on Views then fine but realize that it's his most well received album by the public so far.

It's far from lazy but I doubt anyone believes it's on the level of Take Care or NWTS.
Personally I believe a lot of females bought/streamed the album (of course you can add some beta males in the mix). This album has nothing to do with rap or the evolution of it. It is basically Drake's attempt (which was successful) to become a pop star. This album was lazy and Drake should be ashamed releasing this. In conclusion, this **** sound like some Vanessa Williams '88.

If by well received you mean sales...then yes. But critically the responses were pretty lukewarm. 

Personally I believe a lot of females bought/streamed the album (of course you can add some beta males in the mix). This album has nothing to do with rap or the evolution of it. It is basically Drake's attempt (which was successful) to become a pop star. This album was lazy and Drake should be ashamed releasing this. In conclusion, this **** sound like some Vanessa Williams '88.
Vanessa Williams :lol:

Appealing to many demographics is something Drake has mastered. After Hotline Bling he had the music industry in the palm of his hands. He dropped One Dance and it's been history ever since, it's clear he's more in the pop lane than he's ever been.

Is Weston Road Flows not on the album? He's still makes music with depth and lyricism it's just getting ignored by the fact Views wasn't as accepted critically as his previous albums.

If by well received you mean sales...then yes. But critically the responses were pretty lukewarm. 

Yeah its his lowest on metacritic but it's his biggest album so how does that correlate? The response from the public has been unlike anything he's ever had before.

Last edited:
Yeah its his lowest on metacritic but it's his biggest album so how does that correlate? The response from the public has been unlike anything he's ever had before.
It's two different discussions. Carter 3 was Lil Wayne's "best received" album to but most Lil Wayne fans know that album was trash.

How an album does financially and the quality of it are completely different topics. Especially when so many factors go in to the financial part. It's not really uncommon for someone who's considered the biggest rapper in the game to have his best success as far as sales go at the height of his career. He could have farted in a cup for 20 songs and it still would have did numbers.

Last edited:
The album is popular cuz Drake is basically a Pop star now. Of course it's gonna sell and have a lot of streams and ****. But that don't mean the album is great. Most of the reviews by the public is that this is average Drake or it's bad.

And the album is lazy as ****. The few songs where he's rapping the bars are corny. 4pm is better than every song on there.

It's two different discussions. Carter 3 was Lil Wayne's "best received" album to but most Lil Wayne fans know that album was trash.

How an album does financially and the quality of it are completely different topics. Especially when so many factors go in to the financial part. It's not really uncommon for someone who's considered the biggest rapper in the game to have his best success as far as sales go at the height of his career. He could have farted in a cup for 20 songs and it still would have did numbers.

That's debatable. To NT it's a bad album but a lot of us who were growing up on that album can still pop it in and listen to it today...if carter 3 came on at a party everybody is singing the words...I'm 22 if that matters

I was just looking a post on the gram the other day and ppl was saying c3 or c2 was his best album...not one carter 1 but if you ask ppl on here everyone will say carter 1 :lol:

That's debatable. To NT it's a bad album but a lot of us who were growing up on that album can still pop it in and listen to it today...if carter 3 came on at a party everybody is singing the words...I'm 22 if that matters

I was just looking a post on the gram the other day and ppl was saying c3 or c2 was his best album...not one carter 1 but if you ask ppl on here everyone will say carter 1
laugh.gif
Must be a generational thing. Because most who started listening to Wayne from Get It How U Live to the Squad Up era to the Carter era...recognize Carter 3 as the beginning of his decline.

That's exactly what it is...

Let the beat build come on, Mrs officer, a milli, those are like classic songs to us :lol: I'm sure they bring back great memories for many...

I mean for christs sake billboard put lil Wayne as one of the best rappers ever...like it or not he woulda never made that list had it not been for his crazy grind + the commercial success of C3.

Only Wayne we acknowledge died the day before Carter 3 dropped. The beginning of the end for son smh. That's the drake rap eras Lil Wayne, our Wayne wore white tees Giraud and reeboks. Biznite came on the shuffle today smh. Sq Wayne was my favorite rapper until grodt dropped.

Last edited:
Carter 3 helped Wayne success wise but those people that love Carter 3 think his first album was Carter 1 and know nothing about the early CMB days.

It was a good album for what it was (his introduction into mainstream/white fans) but Carter 1 & 2 got way more replay value. Especially 2.

Last edited:
Carter 3 is really bad, it aged like milk. Looking at that track listing, Mr. Carter, Let The Beat Build, and Nothing On Me are the only songs I'd still listen to. I'll never forget when he went on First Take and Skip said he listened to every song and that they all sounded different from each other and it's impossible for someone to do that and still create a timeless work but Wayne did. Ridiculous.

Theres one standout terrible song though and it's Ms. Officer. One of the primary examples of why rappers shouldn't be doing songs about being in love with women especially this guy. Lil Wayne should be rapping about three things generally; fly stuff, drugs, and murder.

Last edited:
Carter 3 is really bad, it aged like milk. Looking at that track listing, Mr. Carter, Let The Beat Build, and Nothing On Me are the only songs I'd still listen to. I'll never forget when he went on First Take and Skip said he listened to every song and that they all sounded different from each other and it's impossible for someone to do that and still create a timeless work but Wayne did. Ridiculous.

Theres one standout terrible song though and it's Ms. Officer. One of the primary examples of why rappers shouldn't be doing songs about being in love with women especially this guy. Lil Wayne should be rapping about three things generally; fly stuff, drugs, and murder.
I agree that Carter 3 is awful. It sucks because some of the best records from lil wayne during that era that were for C3 were leaked.

Except your stance on rappers doing love songs. It can be done right and Mrs. Officer is pretty dope. Nice summer chill vibe. One of the few songs I actually liked on that album.

I agree that Carter 3 is awful. It sucks because some of the best records from lil wayne during that era that were for C3 were leaked.

Except your stance on rappers doing love songs. It can be done right and Mrs. Officer is pretty dope. Nice summer chill vibe. One of the few songs I actually liked on that album.
Chill man, it's just not a thing most rappers should be doing.

When I think about this stuff, I think about Fabolous. He's the king of this rap songs about this, there's always two songs about it on this album, and the best song he's done is I Miss My Love which is about dealing drugs.

Chill man, it's just not a thing most rappers should be doing.

When I think about this stuff, I think about Fabolous. He's the king of this rap songs about this, there's always two songs about it on this album, and the best song he's done is I Miss My Love which is about dealing drugs.
Fabolous teeters on corny though when he does it.

All i'm saying is that it can be done, and has been done well plenty of times.

But you don't even like R&B music, so how would you like rappers making songs about women 
laugh.gif

I was just looking a post on the gram the other day and ppl was saying c3 or c2 was his best album...not one carter 1 but if you ask ppl on here everyone will say carter 1 :lol:

Man, you just have some bad taste in music :lol:. The IG crowd saying Carter 3 was Wayne's best album are the same people who believe Gucci Mane is a clone, and still post L's and Owl emojis under Meek Mill's pics :lol:.

Wayne prior to Carter 3 was actually amazing. You should do yourself a favor and listen to them Squad tapes or Carter 1 and Carter 2 again. You'll see the difference in quality.

As a drake fan views sucked and my 16 year old female cousin also said the same thing and she loves all the trendy pop stuff , nwts&iyrtitl drake might be his goat stuff , hopefully not but when nwts dropped and the singles like believe me / trophies / we made it & then if youre reading this was that **** to wake up and go to sleep to

Back
Top Bottom