🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Views got unwarranted hate. I understand the criticism of it not being cohesive but its not a bad album.

You cant say he wasn't spitting, Views Outro, Weston Road Flows, and Hype prove otherwise. It just didn't have that edge compared to his previous albums.

Drake was smart to release Views. Still was the biggest album of 2016 and the biggest of his career. People act like it made him lose fans or something.

I just think after the rapping binge he went on in 2015, people unrealistically expected a clear direction change for his next commercial album, and when it didn't come and it was more of the same, some just had had enough, and Drake fatigue started to set in.

Emphasis on some,because Views was a historically great album for Drake from a commercial performance perspective, so obviously although the people who didn't like Views voice(s) were / are loud, they were clearly outnumbered and over emphasized.

He sounds kinda sad talking about Views, like he know he let people down.

Weston Road Flows >>>>>

:x Real rap, right there :smh:

Views got unwarranted hate. I understand the criticism of it not being cohesive but its not a bad album.

You cant say he wasn't spitting, Views Outro, Weston Road Flows, and Hype prove otherwise. It just didn't have that edge compared to his previous albums.

Drake was smart to release Views. Still was the biggest album of 2016 and the biggest of his career. People act like it made him lose fans or something.

Views was trash

I don't quite understand the Hate Views gets, I love it. More so than Take Care, TML, really every project other than SFG and If you're reading this..

Probably cause it's the stripped, watered down, empty version of Take Care. I don't see how anybody could enjoy the previous albums then try to hold the bare bones Great Value version of those as a good-great album

Right, the songs on Views didn't hit as hard. But a watered down Drake album is still better than what 95% of the game is releasing.

Calling it a watered down Take Care is fair but its not trash. Views is a still good album, but I understand the criticism.

Ya. Views is wack minus a song here and there. Views sounds like if some crappier dude tried to make a drake album. Or the Kroger version of Take Care like dude above me said.

Had to revisit Thank Me Later. Haven't listened to it since around that time. The sound is kind of dated but I can still listen to it.

Fancy -> Shut it Down transition
Nicki's verse on Up All Night
Hov talking about himself and Meek on Light Up
Find Your Love could have been on Views. Should've remixed it with PND.

Probably cause it's the stripped, watered down, empty version of Take Care. I don't see how anybody could enjoy the previous albums then try to hold the bare bones Great Value version of those as a good-great album

Right, the songs on Views didn't hit as hard. But a watered down Drake album is still better than what 95% of the game is releasing.

Calling it a watered down Take Care is fair but its not trash. Views is a still good album, but I understand the criticism.

This is not true at all.

Had to revisit Thank Me Later. Haven't listened to it since around that time. The sound is kind of dated but I can still listen to it.

Fancy -> Shut it Down transition
Nicki's verse on Up All Night
Hov talking about himself and Meek on Light Up
Find Your Love could have been on Views. Should've remixed it with PND.

TML was mostly filled with cool bangers and there's nothing wrong with that. Still listen to Light Up and Miss Me a lot. And I could definitely picture Find Your Love on Views cause it was a pretty horrible song.

Last edited:
Unforgettable is one of his best songs period.

The *** ya'll say in here... Man. :lol:

Still quote "Thinking of what we had and missing you/
But I ain't Santa, I got something for these bad ******* too" every December. :smokin

and the thing is, most fans are critizing him of his recent work, but what they dont realize is, drake is doing the type of stuff that he WANTS to do, stuff that makes hm happy. If you take a look at his work before so far gone, songs like "I'm ready for you", "Brand new", things like that...he never rapped. he was producing pop and r and b songs. I mean, i watched his interview and realized that drake is just doing the type of stuff that he wants to do, stuff that he can agree and live with. tho yeah, i hate controlla

Back
Top Bottom