💒 Married At First Sight 👰: S17 Denver 10/18/23 PREMIERE! HERE WE GO AGAIN!

How poorly will the "experts" do by the end of decision day?

• 0/5 - Truly the worst match making season ever!

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • 1/5 - Worse than usual but not a surprise

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • 2/5 - Just about right (not counting divorces after decision day)

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 3/5 - The best they've done in years!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4/5 - Like Curry from 3, start of a couple matching streak?

• 5/5! - Unbelievable! Inconceivable! Real life?! Are they being paid to stay married now? Reunion tho

• Total voters
Shaq around all these dudes all the tine is suspect. They all seem a little effeminate.

I swear black men can't win: if you hang around too many women, you're gay. If you have too many male friends, you're also gay 🤣

Seriously though, I think it's great that he's a mentor to college students. Helping them navigate college, life, getting internships, etc. There are a lot of young black men who don't have positive male role models.

Yeah son wild. Experts really out here got thickest woman on the show with a dude we have to question. :smh: When she was about to get on that ATV.
charlemagne-breakfast.gif

Then looked back at him, would be trying to see that view on the regular. I have only recently gone ATV riding but definitely giving it a shot if new wife down for it and a pro. However on the flip she need to chill dude did have a life threatening accident in a car at 7, he might be a little nervous getting on an ATV. No protection and plenty have broken there collarbones on them, Oz Osbourne did and thick chick Brittney from 90 Day fiance.
brittany-3.jpg

Chris really scary, I get not trying to get in the water if you can't swim. Throw the life jacket on and just chill on the little boat. Then he was like oh no I can swim, my guy chill and just enjoy the honeymoon. Dom was like I'm about to go without you.

Clint crazy, yeah Gina got some curves but she got them in the right place. When she took that cover off. I was like OK she has some size on her, in a good way.

Brittany's *** is a thing of beauty, and I do remember the ep you're referring to.

I swear black men can't win: if you hang around too many women, you're gay. If you have too many male friends, you're also gay 🤣

Seriously though, I think it's great that he's a mentor to college students. Helping them navigate college, life, getting internships, etc. There are a lot of young black men who don't have positive male role models.

Black men? Be easy fam, just calling it like I saw it. It's great that he's a mentor, I don't care nothing about that. All I said was him around all those effeminate men, not to mention he comes off effeminate as well is suspect. Especially since his new wife was mentioning wanting to spend more time with him.

My girl don't even watch this and when she saw him she asked what's his story :lol: Mind you, he was in bed with his wife.

Brittany's *** is a thing of beauty, and I do remember the ep you're referring to.

Black men? Be easy fam, just calling it like I saw it. It's great that he's a mentor, I don't care nothing about that. All I said was him around all those effeminate men, not to mention he comes off effeminate as well is suspect. Especially since his new wife was mentioning wanting to spend more time with him.

My girl don't even watch this and when she saw him she asked what's his story :lol: Mind you, he was in bed with his wife.

What's effeminate about him?

It's not the hanging out with to many men, I hung with my boys 4, 5, 6 dudes back in the day. However his mannerisms and very feminine ways.

I agree it is awesome he is a mentor, if I had more time in my schedule I would love to mentor. I have no objections to that, simply pointing out he has feminine tendencies and actions.
Brittany fine as hell. Saw her in person a few times around town.

The mentees all sitting on that love seat together reminded me of the time my boys had a thing about sitting too close to other dudes and rubbing thighs
:lol:
Say word you see her before the show or after the show? She got a thing for non black dudes? Certainly would have shot my shot and seen what the deal is. If she had a big head because of the show or if she really just the chill type. If the latter then she good.

Say word you see her before the show or after the show? She got a thing for non black dudes? Certainly would have shot my shot and seen what the deal is. If she had a big head because of the show or if she really just the chill type. If the latter then she good.

This was before the show. She would be out with her homegirls. But there was one time i saw her in a booth with a much older cat. Couldve been her sugar daddy…I don’t know :lol: So when I saw her on tv I was like oh **** I’ve seen her around. But something in me believe it was all for publicity.

Shaquille and Kirsten- there seems to be a little bit of progress here but I don't see it working. Kirsten seems more emotionally available to other people then she does to Shaquille and I understand why he's getting so frustrated.

Chris and Nicole- This couple seems solid. Nicole's Dad seems like a tough guy though. He wants Chris to be alpha and I don't think it's in him. Chris is the type of guy who's in touch with his emotions, he's not going to lay down the law. I think they will make it work though.

Airris and Jasmine- Airris is starting to annoy me. He seems to want to put no effort into this relationship. I genuinely think that he believes that marriages require zero work. He's definitely going to be a bachelor for life, which is perfectly fine but don't bring someone else into it. I feel bad for Jasmine.

Clint and Gina - I feel the same as I always do with this couple. I don't think they'll work out, their personalities are very different but I respect the effort. They're giving me strong friend vibes. They'll keep it cordial until decision day but then part ways.

Not to get to philosophical but I feel like Kirsten suffers from what I call "black Barbie syndrome". Maybe every ethnic group has the same type of archetype but is something I see a lot in the black community, because the black community is so fractured and they're so few good role models at the community level (there are always people on TV and on social media willing to play this role), people like Kristen feel the need to portray this image of perfection so they literally never let their guard down and you never get to understand who they really are.

They are always "on", always performing. They feel the need to always say the right thing and do the right thing at all times because they want to be viewed as the ideal role model for young black men/women. I want to tell Kirsten "girl, you can relax, this is your husband!"

Shaquille and Kirsten- there seems to be a little bit of progress here but I don't see it working. Kirsten seems more emotionally available to other people then she does to Shaquille and I understand why he's getting so frustrated.

Chris and Nicole- This couple seems solid. Nicole's Dad seems like a tough guy though. He wants Chris to be alpha and I don't think it's in him. Chris is the type of guy who's in touch with his emotions, he's not going to lay down the law. I think they will make it work though.

Airris and Jasmine- Airris is starting to annoy me. He seems to want to put no effort into this relationship. I genuinely think that he believes that marriages require zero work. He's definitely going to be a bachelor for life, which is perfectly fine but don't bring someone else into it. I feel bad for Jasmine.

Clint and Gina - I feel the same as I always do with this couple. I don't think they'll work out, their personalities are very different but I respect the effort. They're giving me strong friend vibes. They'll keep it cordial until decision day but then part ways.

Not to get to philosophical but I feel like Kirsten suffers from what I call "black Barbie syndrome". Maybe every ethnic group has the same type of archetype but is something I see a lot in the black community, because the black community is so fractured and they're so few good role models at the community level (there are always people on TV and on social media willing to play this role), people like Kristen feel the need to portray this image of perfection so they literally never let their guard down and you never get to understand who they really are.

They are always "on", always performing. They feel the need to always say the right thing and do the right thing at all times because they want to be viewed as the ideal role model for young black men/women. I want to tell Kirsten "girl, you can relax, this is your husband!"

If your girls pops says you need more big **** energy, you're not hitting it right :lol:

Hmmm not caught up on all the episodes, but I don't know about that it. That could be it, but so far I am getting real shy and reserved from her. I might be getting her mixed up with the other black mom, but wasn't her mom late to the wedding and avoiding her calls. She might not of had a good role model as a woman and is very timid around men. Except when she got on that ATV, she hit Shaq with the dueces. REAL QUICK. She knows how to have fun, but seems still shy and nervous.
If your girls pops says you need more big **** energy, you're not hitting it right :lol:
Oh my can't wait to see that episode.

When I first saw Shaquille, I did think the same thing. And I still do a little bit. But it could be just our tailored expectations of "men" him being into fashion, the mentees being effeminate, and honestly it looks like he does his eyebrows. But he very well could just be a softer man. And there's nothing wrong with that. It is just not for everyone.

I knew it was coming from the talk in the thread, but when Clint described what he likes physically in a woman.
office.gif

All the guys were like are you serious, none were cosigning on that one.

Back
Top Bottom