⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
They say **** and down and hate on players all the time though. *shrugs* Shaq in particular is notorious for saying dudes ain't doing enough.
This is true, Chuck and Shaq ARE disrespectful to the current players and have always been.

We are just speaking on it happening AGAIN.

That doesn't mean we think it is something new or out of character.

It is always refreshing to see the young dudes push back as well.

I just hate the Old Guard vs. New Guard divide that exists in the minds of certain folks. It doesn't have to be this way man.

Shaq, you are established dude. Chuck, you are established dude. 99% of players you speak about will NOT be on your level.

Why punch down? Why not uplift?

I don't get it.

Last edited:
As far as TNT goes I only pay attention for the stories/anecdotes and the jokes. That's what the show is good for and it can be insightful and entertaining in those areas. I don't tune in for high level analysis or political commentary because it's no good for that

as you shouldn’t.. but to me, the show is no longer entertaining at THAT

im not advocating for the analytics guy to actually bring that aspect to the show to make the show that thing

im advocating for someone like that, so another opportunity can be provided for the main guys to crack jokes or make chuck look foolish

so instead of shaq trying dominate the ball or get his shots.. you’re just setting up the guys who should be taking the shots with more opportunities

Average fan doesn't want the blog boy type to be on that show. They want it to be First Take-ish.

Die hard fans will just listen to podcasts the next day for the analysis they are looking for.

I agree there ARE outlets for those that seek that type of content.

My main issue is the LACK of vital basketball education from the people with the BIGGEST platforms.

Teenagers aren't listening to basketball podcasts. They are looking at clips on IG or whichever platform they are using at the moment. The highlights, the viral clips, this is what they see. We have to find a way to get sound info to that population. ( Aside from their parents/coaches/trainers )

But I feel like 2K holds more power than they realize. They are the #1 line of defense when it comes to shouldering the responsibility of teaching a new generation basketball. People might think it is wild/crazy but I personally see so many kids pick up bad basketball habits from what they experience while playing 2K. If that games wasn't AS goofy/wild/arcadey, it would have an impact on how kids see/view basketball.

The same way The AND1 Mixtape Era became something our generation latched onto and felt represented what BASKETBALL (not a subset but the whole thing) was is what I am seeing today.

I just feel we need better voices in positions of power to tell the story of the game.

This is true, Chuck and Shaq ARE disrespectful to the current players and have always been.

We are just speaking on it happening AGAIN.

That doesn't mean we think it is something new or out of character.

It is always refreshing to see the young dudes push back as well.

I just hate the Old Guard vs. New Guard divide that exists in the minds of certain folks. It doesn't have to be this way man.

Shaq, you are established dude. Chuck, you are established dude. 99% of players you speak about will NOT be on your level.

Why punch down? Why not uplift?

I don't get it.

Shaq is just that insecure friend who has to bring up their accomplishments any time you do something positive. The type to give a best man speech sayinh "I just want to say tonight that you're one of my best friends, I'm happy for your marriage but you don't have what it takes to be a family man. I wanted you to hear it."

Like Shaq's comment/question wasn't even relevant to the game or his performance :lol:

Or they can fire Shaq

just give shaq his own thing on nba network

dude is funny/good in small doses.. but it’s just too much going with dude he either trying to hard to be funny or he can’t take a joke or he takes himself way to seriously

Without looking, where would you assume Basketball ranked in viewership/popularity when the Olympics are going on?
2nd behind football.

Gymnastics., swimming And Track all bring in a lot of views more views per event But How many of those are actually there? Swimming is over quickly track as well.

theres gonna be like 40 basketball games And thats a lot of ad revenue

I agree there ARE outlets for those that seek that type of content.

My main issue is the LACK of vital basketball education from the people with the BIGGEST platforms.

Teenagers aren't listening to basketball podcasts. They are looking at clips on IG or whichever platform they are using at the moment. The highlights, the viral clips, this is what they see. We have to find a way to get sound info to that population. ( Aside from their parents/coaches/trainers )

But I feel like 2K holds more power than they realize. They are the #1 line of defense when it comes to shouldering the responsibility of teaching a new generation basketball. People might think it is wild/crazy but I personally see so many kids pick up bad basketball habits from what they experience while playing 2K. If that games wasn't AS goofy/wild/arcadey, it would have an impact on how kids see/view basketball.

The same way The AND1 Mixtape Era became something our generation latched onto and felt represented what BASKETBALL (not a subset but the whole thing) was is what I am seeing today.

I just feel we need better voices in positions of power to tell the story of the game.

You talking about teenagers who really hoop? I would suggest them to up their knowledge by watching CBB instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom