⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Average fan doesn't want the blog boy type to be on that show. They want it to be First Take-ish.

Die hard fans will just listen to podcasts the next day for the analysis they are looking for.

Average fan doesn't want the blog boy type to be on that show. They want it to be First Take-ish.

Die hard fans will just listen to podcasts the next day for the analysis they are looking for.

I don’t want to hear an analytics guy ever on that platform. An ex coach, yes.
Basically.

But I feel Kenny is the best blend of solid info and having fun and his profile has been taken away since Shaq has joined the crew.

but first take has these people on.. they let the hot take people say this shh at these people

it’s like setting up a comedy, you have the straight guy the comedIan can play off of and do their thing

to go back to basketball, I see the tnt crew like the ‘04 Olympic team.. you had great players who were just poor fits and Larry brown didnt adjust.. or look at the heatles, things had to change before they could ultimately succeed

1A049920-EEBA-48A8-AD33-94A3C60E79BA.png

Small sample but i was told they couldn't work together

Embiid is a monster. Best big man in the game right there with the Joker, but Simmons looks withdrawn or something. Can't put my finger on it. He needs a change of scenery or a hug or something. Doesn't seem like his usual aggressive/dominant self when he has the ball.

Sports fans who've never played sports are usually insecure about it and compensate by reading/writing encyclopedias and blogs to make the game seem overcomplicated (ie since the game is so difficult for them to play it must be highly complex). Basketball and most sports are incredibly simple games that come down to basic concepts. The game can be made to seem highly technical but even those concepts are easy to grasp except by a certain demographic that wants to portray themselves as impressive for focusing on these convuleted aspects of the sport. Hence why most bloggers are uncoordinated, unathletic etc. It's almost like the stock market. You can learn fibonacci sequences, chart patterns etc and those things certainly are valid and have their place but at the end of the day it boils down to BUY LOW SELL HIGH and that's how you get your money.

Keep the nerds on their corny podcasts. They ain't made for TV. Inside has always been about the antics and laughs, don't see what all the fuss is about.

the fuss is that what shaq did last night was the complete opposite of promoting the game, the nba and its players and offers little to the public outside of being a soundbyte for the wrong reasons

the fuss is that what shaq did last night was the complete opposite of promoting the game, the nba and its players and offers little to the public outside of being a soundbyte for the wrong reasons

They say **** and down and hate on players all the time though. *shrugs* Shaq in particular is notorious for saying dudes ain't doing enough.

Embiid is a monster. Best big man in the game right there with the Joker, but Simmons looks withdrawn or something. Can't put my finger on it. He needs a change of scenery or a hug or something. Doesn't seem like his usual aggressive/dominant self when he has the ball.

he deff isnt his usual self with the dominant drives but just last game he got to the line 10 TIMES being aggressive with drives and made 7 of them

he isnt gonna be a kyrie or a d mitch to come out with 15+ attempts from the field anymore. He is in a whole new offense with a whole new coach

he is Facilitating the ball around the best hes ever did so far in his career since 2017-18 season with a avg of 8.7 assist a game

obv im bias but i think he is doing just fine atm

Sports fans who've never played sports are usually insecure about it and compensate by reading/writing encyclopedias and blogs to make the game seem overcomplicated (ie since the game is so difficult for them to play it must be highly complex). Basketball and most sports are incredibly simple games that come down to basic concepts. The game can be made to seem highly technical but even those concepts are easy to grasp except by a certain demographic that wants to portray themselves as impressive for focusing on these convuleted aspects of the sport. Hence why most bloggers are uncoordinated, unathletic etc. It's almost like the stock market. You can learn fibonacci sequences, chart patterns etc and those things certainly are valid and have their place but at the end of the day it boils down to BUY LOW SELL HIGH and that's how you get your money.

like everything in life, you need balance

all you need to do is look at when people put together these all time starting 5s or starting 5s from different eras

when you look at most of em, they’re guys who clearly wouldn’t actually fit well with each other on the court

if you’re putting stars together, it’s guys we saw have the ball a ton and be the star of their individual team.. someone is going have to play off the ball and provide more than just scoring

TNT needs to focus more on what their main 3 guys don’t bring to the table and ways those 3 guys can be more entertaining.. not another guy who wants to be the star and dominant the ball

he deff isnt his usual self with the dominant drives but just last game he got to the line 10 TIMES being aggressive with drives and made 7 of them

he isnt gonna be a kyrie or a d mitch to come out with 15+ attempts from the field anymore. He is in a whole new offense with a whole new coach

he is Facilitating the ball around the best hes ever did so far in his career since 2017-18 season with a avg of 8.7 assist a game

obv im bias but i think he is doing just fine atm

$30-40M over the next 4-5 years is a lot for that role IMO.

like everything in life, you need balance

all you need to do is look at when people put together these all time starting 5s or starting 5s from different eras

when you look at most of em, they’re guys who clearly wouldn’t actually fit well with each other on the court

if you’re putting stars together, it’s guys we saw have the ball a ton and be the star of their individual team.. someone is going have to play off the ball and provide more than just scoring

TNT needs to focus more on what their main 3 guys don’t bring to the table and ways those 3 guys can be more entertaining.. not another guy who wants to be the star and dominant the ball
As far as TNT goes I only pay attention for the stories/anecdotes and the jokes. That's what the show is good for and it can be insightful and entertaining in those areas. I don't tune in for high level analysis or political commentary because it's no good for that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom