⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
But in all seriousness, most people aren't trying to hear technical conversations about basketball.

As fans we have been trained to want/accept/repeat the Hot Take nature of sports conversation. (See this thread especially people like @BIG LEEMELONE )

THey are entertaining but I HATE how they don't educate the normal/casual fan about basketball. I wish companies took that responsibility more seriously because just getting up there and saying WHATEVER isn't healthy for the education of the game.

Ernie and Kenny are fine, they just have to deal with those other 2 dudes.

i disagree... and I think espn missed a great opportunity in what they continue trying to do

espn’s studio show should have just been the grantland show.. so you have jalen, bill Simmons and could even have Jacoby.. but then you have zach lowe giving the technica/advanced stats info

the tnt show didn’t need another personality especially a dude who clearly can’t take a joke and takes himself too seriously

with how much “the nerds” have gotten involved in the sport TNT needed someone from that perspective to throw at Barkley who clearly doesn’t get it.. so you’re giving the main entertainers more to work off of

instead of shaq always trying do too much

i disagree... and I think espn missed a great opportunity in what they continue trying to do

espn’s studio show should have just been the grantland show.. so you have jalen, bill Simmons and could even have Jacoby.. but then you have zach lowe giving the technica/advanced stats info

the tnt show didn’t need another personality especially a dude who clearly can’t take a joke and takes himself too seriously

with how much “the nerds” have gotten involved in the sport TNT needed someone from that perspective to throw at Barkley who clearly doesn’t get it.. so you’re giving the main entertainers more to work off of

instead of shaq always trying do too much
Which part do you disagree with? I said numerous things.

I am essentially saying TNT is catering to the casual fan, which MOST people are. (Hence me saying MOST people DON'T want to hear technical conversations about basketball).

So THAT show serves it's purpose for what it seeks to do.

Which part do you disagree with? I said numerous things.

I am essentially saying TNT is catering to the casual fan, which MOST people are. (Hence me saying MOST people DON'T want to hear technical conversations about basketball).

So THAT show serves it's purpose for what it seeks to do.

i think you can have an entertaining show with those individuals AND educate people with talking technical aspects

and I’d argue that is what that show needed and they had a great opportunity with Barkley constantly knocking “jump shooting teams” and everything he had going with the 2015 warriors

the best example I have, is the one I referenced, where you had Bill Simmons and jalen rose as the entertainment and Zach lowe would chime in as the straight guy with facts

The nba has clearly changed and adapted to things, that portion of the game isn’t being properly represented on the show.. and it’s just another avenue to making fun of chuck

i think you can have an entertaining show with those individuals AND educate people with talking technical aspects

and I’d argue that is what that show needed and they had a great opportunity with Barkley constantly knocking “jump shooting teams” and everything he had going with the 2015 warriors

the best example I have, is the one I referenced, where you had Bill Simmons and jalen rose as the entertainment and Zach lowe would chime in as the straight guy with facts

The nba has clearly changed and adapted to things, that portion of the game isn’t being properly represented on the show.. and it’s just another avenue to making fun of chuck

Yes, that IS possible. I've never disputed that.

I was just speaking on what the current version of Inside the NBA provides their viewers.

Yes, that IS possible. I've never disputed that.

I was just speaking on what the current version of Inside the NBA provides their viewers.
I’m responding to what you said below

Look I don’t disagree that, that is how far too many of these networks approach this stuff

but practically speaking you gotta find that balance

look at Tony romo calling games, you got a great thing going.. you want someone who will set him up and support him, you’re not going bring in someone who takes away from him and gives you more of what you already have

you have Barkley, if you add someone who speaks to the technical aspects of the sport that’s adding something the show still doesn’t have and also provides another opportunity for comedy with your star(s)

But in all seriousness, most people aren't trying to hear technical conversations about basketball.

As fans we have been trained to want/accept/repeat the Hot Take nature of sports conversation.

They should cancel some sports in the olympics but not the money sports like basketball

the money sports in the summer olympics are: swimming, track and women’s gymnastics

Those are the big dogs.. then it’s women’s soccer.. then it’s men’s basketball

1A049920-EEBA-48A8-AD33-94A3C60E79BA.png

Small sample but i was told they couldn't work together

If TNT puts Seth Partnow or John Hollinger with the Inside crew, they'll get laughed and dismissed out of the studio.

Yea, that wouldn't be a good mix at all.

I think most folks in here were basically saying Shaq wasn't needed.

Hell, there is a thread on that here.

I don’t think they need another NBA player as the regular 4th guy

have a rotating group of players that get some shine.. then have a regular analytics guy who’s not trying be the star of the show

the main 3 guys, it’s clearly their show.. start and end with them.. bring other people in for segments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom