⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

I am just confused as to how anyone is "acting like he isn't Top 10."

Has anyone questioned THAT or have we simply questioned the purpose/motivation for his lack of respect for young players.

Not sure his Rank has anything to do with the expectations of his character.

"Shaq has EARNED the right to gatekeep basketball" - Yea that is pure nonsense man. But we can agree to disagree.

Is it a lack of respect or his personal requirement in recognizing talent? Shaq’s opinions hold more weight than most. If you disagree than I would have to remind you of where his name is in the pantheon of Basketball players. The only reason it annoys people is because he isn’t humble, but he’s earned the right not to be. The same way we praise Mike for being an ******* we should give a pass to Shaq too

Shaq thought Mitchell was gonna say “I heard you big fella and that lit a fire within me. This performance was all because of you. Thank you.”

like when he tried to take credit for Murray’s (iirc) bubble performance saying he texted him then switched it up to he texted someone who knows him lol

Shaq didn’t even follow up after Mitchell hit with the “aight” lol dude so sensitive
didn't he do that with Paul George
**** was weird cause PG didn't know what he was talmbow and sorta played along

Is it a lack of respect or his personal requirement in recognizing talent? Shaq’s opinions hold more weight than most. If you disagree than I would have to remind you of where his name is in the pantheon of Basketball players. The only reason it annoys people is because he isn’t humble, but he’s earned the right not to be. The same way we praise Mike for being an ******* we should give a pass to Shaq too

*Sigh*

Nobody is questioning the validity of WHAT he is saying.

Nobody is questioning if his words hold more weight than others.

People are questioning his DISRESPECT.

People are questioning his APPROACH.

I don't give anyone a pass for being disrespectful. I don't give a damn about how many rings you got.

Treat the young dudes with respect. It is that simple.

What’s the point of being a gate keeper if you’re going to hate though. AI is always showing love. Hakeem will take your 50 racks from you in a heartbeat and teach you some stuff only he do. Kobe wasn’t hating. They don’t help grow the game. Just two bitter old men.

Charles is a certified pocket watcher. That ain’t cool.

It’s just Shaq’s personal approach. Wouldn’t be my personal style or many others but to that’s him. You have to take the corny with the great

Watched this interview live and couldn’t stop cringing :lol:

No.

I am just confused as to how anyone is "acting like he isn't Top 10."

Has anyone questioned THAT or have we simply questioned the purpose/motivation for his lack of respect for young players.

Not sure his Rank has anything to do with the expectations of his character.

"Shaq has EARNED the right to gatekeep basketball" - Yea that is pure nonsense man. But we can agree to disagree.

Bro - you're arguing with a man who said Kawhi would Top 10 of All-Time if the Clips won last year. Don't waste your time arguing with him on this fine Friday afternoon.

After Kenny Smith walked off the set joining the protest of the murder of George Floyd, for me at least, that was the pinnacle of that show. It proved who Shaq and Barkley actually are, and then shows how far behind they are in regard to current temperature in this country.

Kenny is sharp, current, and aware. Barkley, Shaq, are not. They are all about their funds.

For Shaq to say what he said to Mitchell, was some of that old school Bobby Knight style challenge. Break someone down, then build them back up. Screw shaq and that method of sideways motivation.

Kenny made fun of Chuck for not winning a ring
Chuck made fun of Kenny for being an average player

Now you bring one of the best of all-time with rings, mvp, fmvps, etc. to make things WORSE, he's an oversized sensitive baby who's annoying af & can't take a joke & u can't say anything to him. F Shaq. I stopped watching that train wreck of a show years ago.
Exactly, it's not like friends chillin and joking anymore, it's like friends chillin and one brought their weirdo co-worker along.

*Sigh*

Nobody is questioning the validity of WHAT he is saying.

Nobody is questioning if his words hold more weight than others.

People are questioning his DISRESPECT.

People are questioning his APPROACH.

I don't give anyone a pass for being disrespectful. I don't give a damn about how many rings you got.

Treat the young dudes with respect. It is that simple.

People are SOFT :lol: this is Shaq’s opinion based on how Donovan Mitchell puts a ball in the hoop. No one was disrespected :lol: :lol:

After Kenny Smith walked off the set joining the protest of the murder of George Floyd, for me at least, that was the pinnacle of that show. It proved who Shaq and Barkley actually are, and then shows how far behind they are in regard to current temperature in this country.

Kenny is sharp, current, and aware. Barkley, Shaq, are not. They are all about their funds.

For Shaq to say what he said to Mitchell, was some of that old school Bobby Knight style challenge. Break someone down, then build them back up. Screw shaq and that method of sideways motivation.

Please don't come in here making another thread about race.

Get Matt Barnes on there and have Draymond on when he doesn’t have games.
Yeah they have the right mix of personality and know how. These stations all have internet presence though, they can easily make a smaller web only series for folks who want more technical detail, viewing numbers would tell if you needed to promote to primetime.

Yea this is what I was referring to. I edited my post. Thanks.

shaq is just a hater. Everyone knows someone like that. Shaq said some hater ish about Mitchell now Mitchell balls out and is a guest on Inside the NBA so Shaq starts back peddling talking about “oh I wantedyou to hear it to challenge you”...

tenor.gif

This is what Shaq wanted to hear in response. :lol:

Shaq with the misogynist comment. Figures. "People call their mommas trying to get people fired."

If someone ASKS shaq for his opinion on what they should do in order to get better, then granted, you take it how it is given. But unsolicited advice, undue criticism, especially on air? Isn't cool.

The Thibs hire got a lot of hate on here for not much reason. Like I guess I understand if maybe you wanted a younger coach or something, but the only time he didn't have a winning season was when the Wolves fired him after they traded Stringer. And still he was 19-21.

Sure he plays his guys a lot of minutes, and it's funny to joke about, but he's still a really good coach.

EDIT- His first year in Minnesota was bad, but turned it around immediately the next year. Team has been garbage since he left.

Last edited:
Yea this is what I was referring to. I edited my post. Thanks.

shaq is just a hater. Everyone knows someone like that. Shaq said some hater ish about Mitchell now Mitchell balls out and is a guest on Inside the NBA so Shaq starts back peddling talking about “oh I wantedyou to hear it to challenge you”...

tenor.gif

Same move Barkley did with Draymond.

Shaq thought Mitchell was gonna say “I heard you big fella and that lit a fire within me. This performance was all because of you. Thank you.”

like when he tried to take credit for Playoff P’s (iirc) bubble performance saying he texted him then switched it up to he texted someone who knows him lol

Shaq didn’t even follow up after Mitchell hit with the “aight” lol dude so sensitive

:rofl:

Basically.

But I feel Kenny is the best blend of solid info and having fun and his profile has been taken away since Shaq has joined the crew.
Most of the time Kenny can barely get a word in between Shaq n Charles arguing or trying get their jokes off, sad to see how yo got pushed in the background over the years :smh: ...Only shine he gets is the lil wobble/sprint he does to the big screen :lol:

Exactly, I hate when people get a willing ear in office, take their foot off the gas, then when it's over "they never did anything for us". How often do good things just manifest for you without effort?
You gotta stay angry, keep on their butts. Biden said that he won't forget what the Black community has done to get him in office, Black women, so we have got to hold him accountable.

This thing isn't over.

Someone needs to remind both Shaq and Barkley of this. Those two buffoons are quite comfortable.

What’s the point of being a gate keeper if you’re going to hate though. AI is always showing love. Hakeem will take your 50 racks from you in a heartbeat and teach you some stuff only he do. Kobe wasn’t hating. They don’t help grow the game. Just two bitter old men.

Charles is a certified pocket watcher. That ain’t cool.

Karl Malone did the same thing earlier this week with Zion. These old heads need to do better.

Exactly, I hate when people get a willing ear in office, take their foot off the gas, then when it's over "they never did anything for us". How often do good things just manifest for you without effort?
At the same time it's disappointing that you even have to pressure someone to keep the promises they made to get your support in the first place

Y’all acting like Shaq isn’t a top 10 Basketball player of all time. What he says isnt law, he can be proven wrong but he knows the sport better than 99.99% of earth population
1st statement is a wild one in a basketball thread so we gon just skip past that. The rest though true, but with everything you know how is he immune to ego, attention and clout chasing? The moment he got this from Embiid he got drunk off it.
Shaq was hoping for an exchange like this:

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom