⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tilman is definitely a broke boi but how can we simultaneously kill Ben Simmons for not developing and also kill Houston for not wanting more assets if they wanted more assets if the deal was going to be built around him? The book is out on his in the basketball world, not just on NT. It’s extremely difficult to build around a guy who has the ball in his hands so much as one of your first or second best players who legit refuses to shoot. Don’t particularly knock them for not wanting Caris either. They’ll end up with some good picks eventually and they can still try and build “competitive” teams in the mean time since they don’t have their own picks.

But if the Nets remain competitive, how good will the picks really be? I guess time will tell.

But if the Nets remain competitive, how good will the picks really be? I guess time will tell.
That’s the risk. I probably take the risk of that over Ben Simmons though, from the information we have in front of us. Who’s to say those 3 dudes are even playing together past the end of next season? If there’s anything we know, it’s that these super team marriages really don’t last too long. Plus, Harden and Durant are on the other side of 30 and Kyrie is completely unpredictable.

Quickley’s been killing teams with that floater since he was at John Carrol. Still surprised he went so late in the draft.

Myrie gotta be part Lucian. Mans behavior fits naturally into our work culture

We got a phrase on the island: "Fire de work"

Basically, when you are in a high skilled position, and you know you can't be easily replaced, dudes start to come and go as they please. And take days off whenever they feel like it.

Nash lucky Covid shut down them Caribbean Carnivals in Brooklyn. Or else Rie would go missing for weeks and Nash would have the send him a plane ticket to fly back home from Grenada.

Last edited:
Or retire if he wants to be a full-time activist/philanthropist. But this one foot in/one foot out thing he has going on isn’t it.

Honestly, man...what bothers me most is people posting that George Floyd story with captions like “I HoPe Da HaTeRz KeEp Da SaMe EnErgY!!” It’s like some folks can’t, or don’t want to, acknowledge that he can be a terrific figure and role model in the community while also being a flawed professional employee/teammate. They’re not mutually exclusive.

This Knicks team is really likeable. Would definitely like to see them at least in the play-in game.

Also - there was talk about the Cade sweepstakes last night/this AM...it’s obviously very early but 8/10 in the and the bottom team is only separated by 2 games in the East and 2.5 games in the West. With COVID, contact tracing, general injuries, etc causing rotation players to sit on any given night, impossible is nothing. I have a feeling we’re gonna see some weird and unexpected results by the end of the season.

maybe im getting old...but maaan just go to work.

like it's not even an argument to me. just go to work. :lol:

if you need some time, you tell your job why you need some time but other than that you should like... go to work.
Lucian answer:

Nah bossman

My cousin flying in from da UK for Jazz festival. I go link you in a couple weeks, blessings....And don't call me, me not picking up.

Dude really said this to Koby Altman?

Yea Gilbert's about to send him packing in 3..2..1 :lol:

Hope he's able to get the support he needs somewhere else for his career and wellbeings sake

This Knicks team is really likeable. Would definitely like to see them at least in the play-in game.

Also - there was talk about the Cade sweepstakes last night/this AM...it’s obviously very early but 8/10 in the and the bottom team is only separated by 2 games in the East and 2.5 games in the West. With COVID, contact tracing, general injuries, etc causing rotation players to sit on any given night, impossible is nothing. I have a feeling we’re gonna see some weird and unexpected results by the end of the season.
There's going to be a lot of course correction once we get into the 2nd half of the season and the schedules even out. A team like Cleveland for example is currently the 7 seed at 6-7 but the majority of their games have been against teams like Orlando and Ja-less Mempis.

There's going to be a lot of course correction once we get into the 2nd half of the season and the schedules even out. A team like Cleveland for example is currently the 7 seed at 6-7 but the majority of their games have been against teams like Orlando and Ja-less Mempis.
Excellent point, I didn’t factor that in. I’ve seen a lot of posts pointing that out about some teams (even ones I believe to be good). Now that you mention it; this home-and-home scheduling could have a major impact down the line if you wind up playing an Superstar-less team. Could end up a 4-game swing in the playoff race :wow:

Dude really said this to Koby Altman?

Yea Gilbert's about to send him packing in 3..2..1 :lol:

Hope he's able to get the support he needs somewhere else for his career and wellbeings sake

This kind of reminds me of one time when I had jury duty, when they were starting the process of empaneling jurors and this one dude stands up, points at the defendant, and started yelling “only God can judge that man!!!” over and over. He was dismissed from jury service that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom