⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
KHUFU KHUFU Yea but you aren't convincing anyone with common sense for the game that James Harden is JUST AS effective at THAT weight.

We know what being overweight does to the body.

It doesn't benefit him playing at that weight man.

between 2012-2013 and 2019-2020 James Harden played in 613 out of 646 regular season games. Have you considered that his heavier weight resulted in greater durability or that he may have been more prone to injury at a lower weight, given his playstyle?

Better yet, why doesn't the NBA institute a financial literacy program, that is MANDATORY for all rookies that sign with an NBA team?

If they really and truly cared about the success of these players, would it not be a better story to show how players are successful OFF court as well, then being able to help the communities that they come from?

Or is it really and truly only about the chip?
To your last point, it's pretty well documented that the NBA and NFL have professionals speak to incoming rookies at their respective rookies symposiums.

The NBA even has a list of who they consider reputable financial advisors and investing institutions. They can lead horses to water but they can't force them to drink it.

The more I think about it the more I like the fit. Harden PG, Myrie off ball and KD being the monster he is. They going to be a LOAD.
It’s not a bad fit at all. People just like to make the “there’s only 1 basketball” joke. They need to address the defense but I think they are coming out the East regardless

between 2012-2013 and 2019-2020 James Harden played in 613 out of 646 regular season games. Have you considered that his heavier weight resulted in greater durability or that he may have been more prone to injury at a lower weight, given his playstyle?
Nah man, I am talking about him in 2021.

He is FAT. Point blank. I am talking about How he looks THIS season.

I am not talking about him being SOLID like HE is when HE is in shape.

incredibly ignorant take for a ton of reasons. not worth getting into it based on what you've said, but you would be really well suited to research the communities that a lot of pro athletes come from and the general lack of access to resources and information those communities suffer from.

I get it. But these are professional athletes who have computers, telephones and internet connections. They can do their own research just like you and I. When I wanted to begin learning about investing, I had to learn from scratch. I had to make a budget. These are all things these NBA players can do and now, with their newly found wealth, they have the resources to do them.

To your last point, it's pretty well documented that the NBA and NFL have professionals speak to incoming rookies at their respective rookies symposiums.

The NBA even has a list of who they consider reputable financial advisors and investing institutions. They can lead horses to water but they can't force them to drink it.
There is a difference in TEACHING financial literacy, and then sending someone to a person that is already aware of financial loopholes. There are way too many stories of these kids being placed into bad investments by these so called advisors, of whom get into that business simply to bilk those who are not aware of what to do with their sudden success. Financial literacy should start in grade school, but we all know why it does not occur there, especially for Black people.

An education is needed, and where to attain such info is hidden, intentionally mind you, from the very people that it would help to gain independence in a system built upon oppression.

Last edited:
The more I think about it the more I like the fit. Harden PG, Myrie off ball and KD being the monster he is. They going to be a LOAD.

I need to see who's willing to sacrifice. Also, that team looks like it's going to be very shaky defensively. The only good defender they have is KD.

As a Lakers fan, I think LeBron would eat. No quality wing defender (assuming they're putting KD at the five) and no rim protector sounds like they're going to give LeBron a runway towards the basket every play. This is before we even talk about AD. For the Nets to succeed, I think they would need to play fast and win high scoring games

Last edited:
I need to see who's willing to sacrifice. Also, that team looks like it's going to be very shaky defensively. The only good defender they have is KD.

There's a Lakers fan, I think LeBron would eat. No quality wing defender (assuming they're putting KD at the five) and no rim protector sounds like they're going to give LeBron a runway towards the basket every play. This is before we even talk about AD. For the Nets to succeed, I think they would need to play fast and win high scoring games

Matching up with the Lakers is one thing. The rest of the league is another. The Show will be the only game where the Nets don't have the 2 best players on the floor. They have the ability to add defenders through other means. I don't care how bad their defense is. Asking any squad to have to match that firepower is going to be a tall order. Glad I got league pass though to tune in as many times as possible.

tenor.gif

Maybe they are going for how many times the yts will quote the late reverend on that day *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom