⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone from NY.

Help me understand the logic behind the BKLYN jerseys.

What is the logic in which letters were chosen/omitted

Also short-handing an 8 letter word using 5 letters is funny..

It's evident James Harden really wore out his welcome in Houston because his restaurant that's not even open yet is already getting negative reviews. The guy seriously has a lower IQ than a kid in elementary school to not realize it's a doomed business venture based on how he conducted himself to get traded.

Someone from NY.

Not from NY, but hasn't Brooklyn always been referred to as BK? Having only BK would look too short and/ or too much like a Burger King thing.

Someone from NY.

Do your research on who named it Brooklyn and see how it once was pronounced as such pal

Those abbreviations on jerseys be goofy as hell lol
Like the Hornets having a CHA on their jerseys when it should be CLT

Simmons and Tobias are probably only going to get you 25 combined. Danny Green will be taking and missing a lot of threes.

I do not like players 2-12 on that roster.

its also more like 30-35+ between the two Tobias 18-24 and Simmons 10-16

another person who aint been watching our young guys.. must forgot about seth

good keep it that way

dont like players 2-12 on philly roster lol you living under a rock ?

Raps should get one that says TDOT. Idk why they havent done that yet. Would be tough

Do your research on who named it Brooklyn and see how it once was pronounced as such pal

Yea, I looked that up before I asked. It doesn't answer my question though.

My question is about the logic behind short-handing an 8 letter word into 5 letters.

Brooklyn has Dutch colonists to thank for its name.

In the mid-1600s, Brooklyn consisted of six separate Dutch towns, each chartered by the Dutch West India Company. One of these towns, settled in 1646, was Breuckelen, named after a village in the Netherlands.

The English gained control of the area in 1664, and the name "Breuckelen" was eventually anglicized, becoming the "Brooklyn" that we know and live in today.

Brooklyn was also referred to as Bruijkleen, Broucklyn, Brooklyn and many other spellings on old maps and records.

The book, Brooklyn By Name: How the Neighborhoods, Streets, Parks, Bridges and More Got Their Names by Leonard Benardo and Jennifer Weiss, is a great resource for Brooklyn History and how Brooklyn got its name.

Yea, I looked that up before I asked. It doesn't answer my question though.

My question is about the logic behind short-handing an 8 letter word into 5 letters.

Brooklyn has Dutch colonists to thank for its name.

In the mid-1600s, Brooklyn consisted of six separate Dutch towns, each chartered by the Dutch West India Company. One of these towns, settled in 1646, was Breuckelen, named after a village in the Netherlands.

The English gained control of the area in 1664, and the name "Breuckelen" was eventually anglicized, becoming the "Brooklyn" that we know and live in today.

Brooklyn was also referred to as Bruijkleen, Broucklyn, Brooklyn and many other spellings on old maps and records.

The book, Brooklyn By Name: How the Neighborhoods, Streets, Parks, Bridges and More Got Their Names by Leonard Benardo and Jennifer Weiss, is a great resource for Brooklyn History and how Brooklyn got its name.
I'm sorry I didn't answer your question idk why they do that

It looks very stupid

Those abbreviations on jerseys be goofy as hell lol
Like the Hornets having a CHA on their jerseys when it should be CLT

CHA has always been the NBA's abbreviation for their teams in Charlotte.

All of their short-hands don't match the Airport codes.

Growing up, Phoenix was always "PHO" which is different than the Airport code of PHX.

Someone from NY.

I'm not from Brooklyn but as a huge fan of NY sports teams, I can tell you that the logic behind it is that Brooklyn stands up, we stand up for our city, we stand up for our country and we stand up for our ANTHEM.

I'm not from Brooklyn but as a huge fan of NY sports teams, I can tell you that the logic behind it is that Brooklyn stands up, we stand up for our city, we stand up for our country and we stand up for our ANTHEM.

And then wash it down with their famous BBQ

fette-sau-BBQ.jpg

its also more like 30-35+ between the two Tobias 18-24 and Simmons 10-16

another person who aint been watching our young guys.. must forgot about seth

good keep it that way

dont like players 2-12 on philly roster lol you living under a rock ?
An NBA finals run with Embiid and a bunch of dudes who have no history of being reliable playoff scorers.

Good luck

An NBA finals run with Embiid and a bunch of dudes who have no history of being reliable playoff scorers.

Good luck

Yeah I'm probably going out on a little bit of limb, but I'm standing pat. Before the season I thought the east had tiers beginning with the Bucks, but now I think it's a lot closer and more up for grabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom