⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t make any excuses for Steph. But Steph has 3 rings, multiple MVPs, and has changed the game. So, to try making a Point about Beal, while including Steph, is blasphemous.

So that dumb rule only applies to Steph for now.

Cool.

So Beal is doing enough and his team is just bad.

Glad we can agree.

You think the wizards would win more if he scored 10 less points? What's hard to understand about a team being better when their best player is at his best. The wizards would be trash with Steph too. The warriors are good enough to be 5-1 when Steph hits 30. You're really gonna do this all year. Stop tagging me

You think the wizards would win more if he scored 10 less points? What's hard to understand about a team being better when their best player is at his best. The wizards would be trash with Steph too. The warriors are good enough to be 5-1 when Steph hits 30. You're really gonna do this all year. Stop tagging me

I told you I was placed on this planet to help you understand how the game of basketball actually works.

So yea, this is what I will do until you smarten up.

Play better defense
He definitely takes plays off on the defensive end. I don't deny that at all.

Some mental mistakes.
Some just poor effort and positioning.
Some plays he just takes off to conserve his energy.

If that happened don't you think his production at the other end would suffer?

If we are discussing slavery, then you do understand who calls the shots in regard to who gets to play and then who does not, correct? Again, I am asking the question in regard to the slave question. Players are indeed owned, paid? Yes. However, they are not free to be, say, or do as they wish. Coming from someone who owns his own business, I am free to do whatever I want, whenever I want, not needing to worry about what anyone thinks. I own me. That is freedom. Within the sports franchise construct, the player is the reason you watch the game. That player, does not own himself. He/she has to answer to that owner, to the franchise. regardless of financial compensation, that player is owned.

These athletes know (or they should know) all of these things going into the draft. The difference is that these athletes can leave at any time. They can retire and find a different career path altogether. Plenty of players have walked away from the game on their own terms.

No one really owns you when you can walk away at any moment. These guys aren't in the military or anything.

Oh yea, re: Chuck's comments.

Another instance of, "If you REALLY feel that way, you might want to keep that to yourself."

I understand the ARGUMENT (don't AGREE) but when you say something like that you are putting a price tag on who should ./ shouldn't have the right to survive.

Easy to talk like that from a place of monetary privilege.

He definitely takes plays off on the defensive end. I don't deny that at all.

Some mental mistakes.
Some just poor effort and positioning.
Some plays he just takes off to conserve his energy.

If that happened don't you think his production at the other end would suffer?

Seeing as the Wizards problem is defense first and foremost, they have enough scoring. I think it's intuitive if he individually took the defensive end more seriously, maybe as the best player on the team it could possibly trickle down to the other guys from purely an effort perspective. Can't be out giving quotes like "we can't guard a parked car" when YOU aren't focused at all on that end either. *shrugs*

So that dumb rule only applies to Steph for now.

Cool.

So Beal is doing enough and his team is just bad.

Glad we can agree.

He isn’t doing enough. If The team isn’t getting wins, the whole team is at fault, including the main piece to that team.

Seeing as the Wizards problem is defense first and foremost, they have enough scoring. I think it's intuitive if he individually took the defensive end more seriously, maybe as the best player on the team it could possibly trickle down to the other guys from purely an effort perspective. Can't be out giving quotes like "we can't guard a parked car" when YOU aren't focused at all on that end either. *shrugs*

Yep, he can put more effort on that end of the court.

But a LOT of their defensive problems are a result of personnel.

So, I am not even sure how much him playing better on that end would translate into wins.

These athletes know (or they should know) all of these things going into the draft. The difference is that these athletes can leave at any time. They can retire and find a different career path altogether. Plenty of players have walked away from the game on their own terms.

No one really owns you when you can walk away at any moment. These guys aren't in the military or anything.
I understand what you are saying. However, I am certain that you realize that most of these kids do not understand what they are giving away after signing such contracts, because they do not know what they have within themselves to begin with. That, indeed is the result of oppression. This is also why shut up and dribble was such a profound position to take by the white establishment. People like these did not hide their feelings, in regard to how they view the Black athlete.

So here it is that you've got the bag, able to take care of your family, but you are still mired in that life of mediocrity. You are able to see the world, and then how this world views you. It isn't easy to simply walk away, because so many are living off of your success. They, do not know any other option, not knowing re education, investments, as many are indeed financially illiterate, lacking business savvy.

This was done intentionally as well. Because this also keeps them in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom